Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Magog - an apocalyptic osteopathic remedy for normalcy cravings!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    Its cool do you know what type of character your going to play?
    As above - see entries under Jack the RAT. I'll be a former Rope Access Technician scavenger and fixer upper, with a kid and a cat in tow. Not so much use in a fight, but handy in prepping for one if we want a fortified position.

Real world though pretty much all I have are my skills learned as a youg kid growing up in the woods an my skills learned while I was in the Infantry an through combat experience. I am also trying to learn some other survival skills to.
    Real world, as in this game, I don't think any of us can be anything like fully equipped individually in skills for what we might need in the event of everything going to ****. But those skills sound a lot better than most people will have.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

tbh I see this game as strictly fantasy ... consider that in both the U.S. Civil War and WWII in Europe, ordinary people pretty much continued ordinary lives in extraordinary circumstances. Yes, there were shortages, but except in the places that actually got heavily bombed or shelled, there weren't severe disruptions.

EDIT TO ADD: Pretty much same is true in modern warzones as well, outside the target areas. E.g., U.S. tried to shock and awe in 2003, and while that may have frightened the locals of central Baghdad, the rest of Iraq was not that impressed.

So: this game is intentionally over-the-top.
    Last edited by Tibbius; 2020-11-22 at 02:29 PM.
    "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what youíre thinking now. Youíre thinking 'Oh my god, thatís treating other people with respect gone mad!'" - Neil Gaiman
    DTRPG and itch
    The Knife - Fusils, Swords, and Alchemy! Long reign the Queen!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbius View Post
    tbh I see this game as strictly fantasy ... consider that in both the U.S. Civil War and WWII in Europe, ordinary people pretty much continued ordinary lives in extraordinary circumstances. Yes, there were shortages, but except in the places that actually got heavily bombed or shelled, there weren't severe disruptions.

EDIT TO ADD: Pretty much same is true in modern warzones as well, outside the target areas. E.g., U.S. tried to shock and awe in 2003, and while that may have frightened the locals of central Baghdad, the rest of Iraq was not that impressed.

So: this game is intentionally over-the-top.
    Sounds good.

Any issues with Jack the RAT as built?

I'm not fixed on Stamps, Arkansas as a starting location however appropriate that might be as a post office to hide out in; it doesn't look like it would be great for the hunting for my esteemed companion. How about if we started out a couple of hours north in Glenwood, to see a tourist town go to ****? Nearby rivers, lakes and forests for the hunting; hotels and a lumbar mill for the scavenging. Also, crucially as regards living locations, a post office and plenty of churches to choose from both in and around the town.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paddyfool View Post
    Sounds good.

Any issues with Jack the RAT as built?

I'm not fixed on Stamps, Arkansas as a starting location however appropriate that might be as a post office to hide out in; it doesn't look like it would be great for the hunting for my esteemed companion. How about if we started out a couple of hours north in Glenwood, to see a tourist town go to ****? Nearby rivers, lakes and forests for the hunting; hotels and a lumbar mill for the scavenging. Also, crucially as regards living locations, a post office and plenty of churches to choose from both in and around the town.
    Glenwood is ok with me.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

5. - Top - End - #35

Ok. It seems like we got a game afoot. https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...OG-Game-Thread
    "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what youíre thinking now. Youíre thinking 'Oh my god, thatís treating other people with respect gone mad!'" - Neil Gaiman
    DTRPG and itch

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbius View Post
    Ok. It seems like we got a game afoot. https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...OG-Game-Thread
    Then we are together at the post office?

Sir Rikkan

7. - Top - End - #37

Guys, I regret saying this, but as I get more into gaming the falling-apart of everything (moving past the initial idea of "it would be cool," I'm really not feeling it as something I want to do. Describing a motorcycle gang wreaking havoc in a small town like the one where I grew up, is just a little too on the mark for what I'm concerned about right now.

Very sorry to get you interested and then back out. This is not something I usually do.
    DTRPG and itch

8. - Top - End - #38

If you might be interested in something a little bit less on the nose, please check out https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...-hobos.872847/. Also post-apoc, but more of a swords and sorcery feeling to it and instead of being right in the middle of the aftermath you'd be wandering the ancient Mediterranean scavenging scraps from your homeland to sustain yourselves (your immortal Vigor is dwindling without the refreshments of Atlantis).
    DTRPG and itch

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry to hear that. No worries, though - if it would have been bad for you to run this, then best not to.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Its cool. What about a Fallout game?

Sir Rikkan