New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Alan Dean Foster in interesting conflict about Royalties with Disney (about EU bo

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    So ADF is still writing for Disney, I guess while this thing is still going. Maybe its just about the old Alien/Star Wars books?
    Unless I've grossly misunderstood the article, Foster's comments refer to the novelization of The Force Awakens, which was published in 2015 and which Foster presumably wrote even earlier. Has he written any more recent Star Wars media?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Alan Dean Foster in interesting conflict about Royalties with Disney (about EU bo

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Unless I've grossly misunderstood the article, Foster's comments refer to the novelization of The Force Awakens, which was published in 2015 and which Foster presumably wrote even earlier. Has he written any more recent Star Wars media?
    I thought it was the novelization of A New Hope that this was regarding. Hence all the talk of ancient contracts with Lucas himself.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    I thought it was the novelization of A New Hope that this was regarding. Hence all the talk of ancient contracts with Lucas himself.
    The article being quoted regarding ADF "still writing" for Disney, not the article on the lawsuit.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-01-03 at 06:21 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2