New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fire of the Forsaken 2 IC (based on a concept by In4Dimensions)

Judging the rustler to be of little worth given his absent memory, and with Roger explaining the situation to the guard and Rosalyn sitting with Margaretta, Erizat approaches the wayang.

"You mentioned a name earlier," she says as pulls her helmet from her head and adjusts her hair. "Tanya, was it? What does she know of this...demon beneath the city?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    "This man. And this, formerly, man." Roger points at the man and the site of the explorion. "And two other men, whom I have not seen, were trying to steal the lot of horses tied in front of this tavern, as well as a small pet dinosaur, also left there. As they were doing it, a halfling named Sanamin, who was inside the tavern at the moment, was alarmed by the actions of another man, who may or may not be related to these four people, and might be easily identified, if required. That last man shut the front door, blocking the line of sight between Sanamin and his dinosaur. The door turned out to be tied shut by a piece of rope and everyone in the tavern got alarmed one way or another and, again, one way or another, left the tavern to see what's going on. These two were holding the dinosaur using ropes, were confronted physically, were losing the fight and then one of them started to talk about the "de..." - that is, presumably, the demon, that has sent them for this bounty, suddenly stopped talking, looked at us with suddenly glowing red eyes and exploded. This one presumably has the demon's hold of him dispelled shortly thereafter. At least, Malik has made a solid attempt, and I don't sense any influence. Seems he's lost a day's worth of memories. The two that were stealing the horses were some distance away by that time, but Erizat commanded horses to disperse, which the horses did, so I don't know how much success those two are having at the moment. I have not seen them so cannot describe them, but maybe some of these people around have and can. All persons named are now back in tavern, and I was waiting here for your arrival. Do you need any other assistance? Roger Makarrow, militia."

Spoiler
    Show
    Roger does not feel a pressing need to meddle with the unknown, but if the guards dismiss him, he'll ask what are best and worst things that could happen to him as a result of a reading, and proceed from there. That is, boons might be useful, but he does not want to take risks.
    "That...is an incredibly thorough report, militiaman Makarrow." He kicks the prisoner. "You're working for a demon? Are you daft? You'll be coming with us. <Loudly> Did anyone see where the horses were taken?" Some people point in the expected direction and the soldiers drag (literally) the man off in that direction.

3. - Top - End - #93

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Rosalyn

Rosalyn looks to the others and head back inside, she helps to sweep up the floor of glass and rights some of the chairs before she sits down. "There was talk of a reading of some kind." She pauses, to brush the hair out of her face and rub her face tiredly. "Maybe the reading will help my memories. They are blurred from my days before I woke up under the rubble."
    "Indeed, bring the others inside, if you would. I'm sure the various steeds and pets can stand near the doorway."

(We will get back to E and R shortly.)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Roger Makarrow

"I mean, the influence might have been involuntary..." adds Roger as the guards drag the man away. Still, he thinks better than pressing on to teach the guards how to perform their duty. He heads into the tavern to report that he is free to go wherever he's needed. He leaves the animals just before the entrance, expecting to pick them up soon on the way out.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

After Malik assures himself that no one requires his assistance, he will return to Ezora and enquire, "You come at an unusual time, bearing word for an unusual group. Do you have any knowledge of why the events that transpired tonight occurred?" Malik is gently inquisitive here, not seeking to interrogate the wayang, but merely to try and piece together why demons would have sought to take what the rustlers were sent for. He also smiles softly at Margaretta and thanks her graciously for her offer of soothsaying. "I would love to hear what you see in my path. I know the destination towards which I strive, but it never hurts to know what ruts lie on the road ahead."
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

6. - Top - End - #96

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    After Malik assures himself that no one requires his assistance, he will return to Ezora and enquire, "You come at an unusual time, bearing word for an unusual group. Do you have any knowledge of why the events that transpired tonight occurred?" Malik is gently inquisitive here, not seeking to interrogate the wayang, but merely to try and piece together why demons would have sought to take what the rustlers were sent for. He also smiles softly at Margaretta and thanks her graciously for her offer of soothsaying. "I would love to hear what you see in my path. I know the destination towards which I strive, but it never hurts to know what ruts lie on the road ahead."
    "Unusual time? I don't understand. Today seems like any other day in this city. Why someone tried to steal your animals? I guess they are rare or valuable or taste good. I don't know. Tanya just said to find the people I named and invite them back to her headquarters if they want to fight a demon and save the city. (Did I mention save the city before? I forget.") She sits down at the table with Malik and Rosalyn, pulling out a chair for Erizat. "Tanya, yes. She umm knows a lot about a lot. She's an Oracle or something. Can she explain it instead of my having to?"

Margaretta: "Then I welcome you, Malik along with any others. Sanamin, will you be returning? It's quite safe, Roger. It is only a look into the past, present and future and a boon to those who draw a card."

The barmaid and the cook take a few boards, a hammer, and some nails toward where the window once was. The dwarves leave some coins and exit from the back door. Yokthok tries again to stand and gives up.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin shrugs and approaches the Harrow-reader. "What do you see? If it isn't me killing demons, there is something wrong..." he asks as he keeps a distracted eye on Thargril.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Erizat eyes the wayang quizzically as she takes the offered seat. "Thank you. Yes, as you wish. Can you at least tell me what title or authority Tanya holds within this city?"

9. - Top - End - #99

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rypt View Post
    Erizat eyes the wayang quizzically as she takes the offered seat. "Thank you. Yes, as you wish. Can you at least tell me what title or authority Tanya holds within this city?"
    Ezora leans in close and speaks softly, "She leads the liberation front...to stop the demons!"

Margaretta smiles at this, but says nothing as she prepares her deck.

10. - Top - End - #100

DwarfClericGuy

Part One:

Ezora and the five PCs each take a card. The suit "stars" is the most prevalent (3/6) and thus is the dominant. Each of you will be able to re-roll a Will save or Wisdom check after you see your roll but before the success or failure is announced. (You edit your post before I say that you failed vs. dominate for example.) This is at any time during the campaign, until the next harrowing, if that should ever happen. (No hints.)

Part Two:
    Margaretta lays out nine cards in a 3x3 pattern, three for the past, three for the future and three for the present. She "reads" them as she goes:

The past -
    1. The Avalanche: is disaster. It is an unthinking, unreasoning thing that overruns all who get in its way. It can represent physical disaster or the disaster that comes from a panicked crowd or other unthinking group or entity.
    2. The Juggler: It represents destiny, deities, and those who play with the fates of others. "Rosalyn, this is about you. Someone of possibly deific power saved you and set your path."
    3. The Survivor: It represents a creature that has managed to survive a terrible ordeal, when everyone thought him lost. "This could be most or all of you," she says, looking around. Ezora nods, looking at the floor.

The future -
    1. The Big Sky: shows an epic moment as the slaves of a nation are freed. The slaves’ freedom specifies momentous and powerful change, as old shackles are cast off in the light of day.
    2. The Dance: It represents a complicated framework that requires the cooperation of all to avoid collapse.
    3. The Twin: The doppelganger represents duality of purpose or identity, or indecision and fence-sitting. "One of you will betray another," she says grimly.

The present -
    1. The Lost: is the card of emptiness and loss of identity. The bodak shown is forever mad, lost in a world of lunatics, insane asylums, and mass killers. For those under its influence, the world makes no sense. It evokes times where all is babble, as when meeting someone who speaks only in another tongue. "For the troubling times in which we live. I would be surprised if this card had not arrived."
    2. The Rakshasa: is the card of dominance and mind control. The creature sitting serenely upon the back of the slave indicates an exterior force imposing itself upon another being’s mind.
    3. The Beating: It represents an assault from all quarters, or the mental dissolution of the self. At this, Margaretta gasps, "Bring the animals in and lock the doors! We are besieged!"

You may all take one round of actions in any order or just ignore the dire warning.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Roger Makarrow

"You do that. I'll be outside." says Roger even as he moves towards the door to get onto the horse. "Heel, Ripper."

He jumps into the saddle and is quickly away.

Seeing demonic flying thingies perched on the roofs, he draws his longbow. "TWO STRANGE DEMONIC FLYERS ON THE ROOFS!" he shouts to warn those in the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (fast mount) (1d20+4)[22] vs DC 20
    Handle animal (1d20+5)[16]
    Initiative? (1d20+6)[9]
    Perception, I presume, was rolled before.
    Move action to reach the horse, free action to get mounted, free action to handle animal companion, move action to get 50 feet in whatever direction seems appropriate, Ripper follows.
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-12-28 at 07:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Rosalyn

Rosalyn blushes as the Juggler is aspected towards her. She did not have much familiarity with the readers of Harrow. The arts of fortune telling and witching had not been common in Vigil.

At the warning at the end she spring up at the note of alarm in the old woman's voice, drawing the long cold iron blade and holding it ready.

OOC

Stand up and draw sword
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

13. - Top - End - #103

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Preparatory Round, Sanamin's Status
    Show
    Sanamin Takalher
    Male True Neutral Halfling Goliath Druid/Vanguard Slayer, Level 2, Init 7, HP 28/28, Speed 20 ft
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, CMD 18, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 7, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Lance (10 GP) +6 (1d6+2, 20/x3)
    MW Scimitar (315 GP) +6 (1d4+2, 18-20/x2)
    MW Hide Armor (165 GP), MW Heavy Wooden Shield (157 GP) (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 19, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 17, Cha 11
    Condition None

With a long whistle Sanamin calls Thargril to his side where he begins casting a spell to enlarge the dinosaur to riding-size.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Exchange Entangle for Enlarge Person, cast on Thargril by way of Share Spells. This will make Thargril Medium-sized and large enough for him to ride. The saddle Thargril wears will also be enlarged, which is by design, so that Sanamin can mount the dinosaur and they can fight in tandem.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Erizat pays exceptionally close attention to Margaretta and her cards, turning an undisguised scowl towards any perceived interruption to the diviner's work. Despite having only just met the woman, it is apparent that Erizat holds the seer, her work, or both in exceptionally high regard.

When Margaretta announces an imminent threat, Erizat rises so quickly to her feet that she knocks over her chair. Leaving her helmet on the table, she takes up her spear and turns to search for the any signs of danger. If she sees nothing, she closes her eyes and expands her perception beyond sight and sound alone.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Erizat will stand up and draw her spear. I'm not sure if another Perception check is necessary here in view of the rolls that were made in the OOC thread. Feel free to ignore this roll if needed.

Perception: (d20)[14].

If Erizat fails to perceive a threat, she will expend a spell point and close her eyes to gain Blindsense at a range of 25 feet via her Blindfolded Oracle talent.
    Last edited by rypt; 2020-12-24 at 09:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

HalflingRogueGirl

"So the previous action were only an attempt to soften our defenses, then? So be it. No demon will breach this place nor savage its occupants while I yet stand."

With that, Malik gets up from his seat and strides purposefully towards the door, his shadow arm peeling once more from the ground and seeming to take on a subtle increase in substance.

Show
    Standard action to use adaptation to get a second level of the Shadow Lurk talent for 1 minute. Move action to get just outside the door.

Inititave: (1d20+3)[16]
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

16. - Top - End - #106

DwarfClericGuy

Sorry for being slow. Holiday weekend and a big jolt of work. You all were great about replying.

You all hear the buzzing now and something large is on the roof.

I rolled the rest of the initiatives. We're starting off with Sanamin (27!) and Malik. When they are done, I will move to the next set.

When it's your turn, please make a Will save (mind-affecting) for me, but act normally regardless of your roll.

17. - Top - End - #107

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I'm not sure I understand where everyone is in relation to the enemies. Is there a map we can use? Even if it is just something like a Google spreadsheet that will let us see relative distances and who is outside/on-the-roof/etc...I think it would help.

Spoiler: Sanamin and Thargril, Round 1
    Show
    Spoiler: Sanamin
    Show
    Sanamin Takalher
    Male True Neutral Halfling Goliath Druid/Vanguard Slayer, Level 2, Init 7, HP 28/28, Speed 20 ft
    AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, CMD 18, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 7, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 3
    MW Scimitar +6 (1d4+2, 18-20/x2)
    MW Hide Armor (165 GP), MW Heavy Wooden Shield (157 GP) (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
    Condition Mounted on Thargril

Spoiler: Thargril
    Show
    Thargril
    Male True Neutral Deinonychus Animal Companion, Level 2, HP 23/23, Speed 60 ft
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Two Claws +4 (1d8+1, 20/x2)
    Bite +4 (1d6+1, 20/x2)
    Armor (+2 DEX, +4 Natural AC, +1 Dodge, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 14
    Special Qualities Low-Light Vision, Scent
    Feats Dodge, Iron Will
    Skills Acrobatics +10 (Untrained), Perception +13, Stealth +14, Survival +5
    Trained Tricks Trained for Riding and Combat, +Attack trick (so that Thargril will attack undead and aberrations)
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Perception, +8 Stealth
    Condition Enlarge Person
    Charging

With a wordless cry from Sanamin and a reptilian scream from Thargril, the mounted halfing rides his charging deinonychus out the door and into melee with one of the fearsome fly-demons!

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Will Saves: Sanamin (1d20+7)[23], Thargril (1d20+4)[24]

Thargril will charge any enemy he can: Charge w/Claw to hit (1d20+6)[12], (20/x2) (1d20+6)[19], (1d6+1)[7] slashing damage, (1d6+1)[4] critical strike damage
    Thargril jumps but fails to make it to a roof.

At the end of Thargril's movement Sanamin will ready an attack with his MW Scimitar: to hit (1d20+6)[25], (18-20/x2) (1d20+6)[23], (1d4+2)[4] slashing damage, (1d4+2)[5] critical strike damage

If Thargril is hit with an attack, Sanamin will use Mounted Combat to try and keep him safe: Ride (1d20+8)[15]

18. - Top - End - #108

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Show
    I'm not sure I understand where everyone is in relation to the enemies. Is there a map we can use? Even if it is just something like a Google spreadsheet that will let us see relative distances and who is outside/on-the-roof/etc...I think it would help.
    I can try to put a map together. It may take a day or two. Anyone good at it? Everyone have an avatar they can use? (Or three for Roger )

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    With a wordless cry from Sanamin and a reptilian scream from Thargril, the mounted halfing rides his charging deinonychus out the door and into melee with one of the fearsome fly-demons!
    Unless Thargril can fly or climb, he can't attack the creatures on the rooftops. Do you want to edit your post?

Show
    Will Saves: Sanamin [roll0], Thargril [roll1]

Thargril will charge any enemy he can: Charge w/Claw to hit [roll2], (20/x2) [roll3], [roll4] slashing damage, [roll5] critical strike damage

At the end of Thargril's movement Sanamin will attack with his MW Scimitar: to hit [roll6], (18-20/x2) [roll7], [roll8] slashing damage, [roll9] critical strike damage

If Thargril is hit with an attack, Sanamin will use Mounted Combat to try and keep him safe: Ride [roll10]

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    Unless Thargril can fly or climb, he can't attack the creatures on the rooftops. Do you want to edit your post?
    How about a powerful jump? The Deinonychus listed in the SRD has an enormous Jump bonus (I cannot find where the additional +12 comes from, so I didn't list it in Thargril's status). Will that work?

If so, here's a jump check: (1d20+22)[28]

20. - Top - End - #110

NecromancerGuy

Show
    I don't think Sanamin has a great alternative, so let's go with Sanamin dropping his backpack in the building and only carrying his weaponry as we do this. Then, if there is any place that Thargril can get a leap and start climbing go with that...Climb check: (1d20+1)[7]

21. - Top - End - #111

HalflingRogueGirl

Hearing the unnatural buzzing noise, Malik moves outside to confront whatever creatures approach before they can threaten the people inside. He moves one arm in an odd slow-moving snagging motion, trying to catch the essence of one of the enemies that can be seen and draw its shadow out to aid him.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Will save:(1d20+7)[21], with an additional +1 trait bonus if the save is against an evil outsider (I assume it is, but didn't add the bonus just in case).

Move outside to get a view of the enemies, then use a standard action and a spell point to attempt to use Shadow Lurk on one of the enemies since they are not in Malik's reach yet. I'd prefer to target whichever one is second-closest to Malik if there are multiple enemies. Either way, the target needs to make a DC 15 Will save, negating the effect on a save.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing Roger's call of warning, Erizat begins a magical incantation as she strides towards the door. A strange ringing begins to sound within the tavern, like the tone of a bell, growing louder with each step she takes until her voice can hardly be heard. The moment she crosses the threshold, the ringing ceases, the air grows cold, and a circle of magical symbols appears in the air around her.

"I would advise you to stay close," she says to her newfound allies. Holding her lengthy spear with only hand, she balances the haft across her shoulders as she lowers herself into an unusual, but evidently well-practiced fighting stance.

Show
    Will save (rolled in the OOC thread): [7]

Move Action: Move outside.

Free Action: Expend a spell point to activate her Pugwampi's Aura fey-blessing. All hostile creatures within 30 feet take a -1 penalty to all saving throws unless they are benefitting from a Luck bonus. Additionally, due to her Overwhelming Power casting boon, any creature who is affected by Pugwampi's Aura also suffers an additional -1 penalty to all saving throws against Erizat's sphere abilities.

Standard Action: Activate her Sign of Returning sanction ability. While she is under the effect of the Sign of Returning, the first time an outsider moves within 30 feet of Erizat, they must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or treat any movement towards her as costing double. Additionally, if they fail their saving throw, they lose all damage reduction, resistances and immunities imparted by their race or subtype, as well as any spell-like abilities common to their race or subtype. If Erizat makes a successful attack with a weapon or sphere ability, or if she successfully uses a combat maneuver against an outsider affected by the Sign of Returning, she may use a swift action to attempt to return the creature to its home place of existence. The creature must succeed at another DC 15 Will save to negate this banishment effect. Finally, if Erizat makes a successful attack with an ability that requires an attack roll against a creature affected by her sanction, she may attempt to push them out of the sanctioned area as a free action. This is a bull rush attempt that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
    Last edited by rypt; 2020-12-31 at 01:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Roger Makarrow

Roger rides thirty more feet, turns back and lets fly two arrows at the demonic thingie opposite to the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roger will: (1d20+5)[11]
    Ripper will: (1d20+3)[14]
    Stomper will: (1d20+3)[13]

Cold iron arrow: (1d20+4)[6] for (1d8+4)[6]
    Cold iron arrow: (1d20+4)[21] for (1d8+4)[9]

Roger is 80 feet away. Still in first range increment. No penalty for shooting while riding less than one basic move.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

As the others pour outside and she hears the scrape of demonic claws on the roof Roslayn growls in a low growl. Mutteringa prayer, she beseeches Iomedae for aid and her blade starts pulsing a deep yellow gold with her religious fervour. So armed she strides out, and looks up at the creatures. A muttered "Try me beast" to the demons perched on the roof.

Show

Standard: Blessing - Holy strike: +1d6 vs evil, count as good
    Move: Move outside the inn

Rosalyn Al'Sune
    F LG Human Conscript // War Priest (Champion of the Faith), Level 2, Init 4, HP 24/24, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort 5, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Counts as good (sacred weapon) MW Cold Iron Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+7, 19-20/x2)
    MW Silver Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+6, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron Gauntlet +6 (1d4, x2)
    Unarmoured Grace (+4 Dex, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13
    Condition Trait: Divinity’s Last Champion (+2 Will for Mind effecting)
    Favoured Enemy: Evil outsiders +2 [Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Survival], Attack and Damage
    Sacred Weapon (1d6) - Counts as GOOD

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

25. - Top - End - #115

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Roslayn

As the others pour outside and she hears the scrape of demonic claws on the roof Roslayn growls in a low growl. Mutteringa prayer, she beseeches Iomedae for aid and her blade starts pulsing a deep yellow gold with her religious fervour. So armed she strides out, and looks up at the creatures. A muttered "Try me beast" to the demons perched on the roof.

Show

Standard: Blessing - Holy strike: +1d6 vs evil, count as good
    Move: Move outside the inn

Rosalyn Al'Sune
    F LG Human Conscript // War Priest (Champion of the Faith), Level 2, Init 4, HP 24/24, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort 5, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Counts as good (sacred weapon) MW Cold Iron Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+7, 19-20/x2)
    MW Silver Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+6, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron Gauntlet +6 (1d4, x2)
    Unarmoured Grace (+4 Dex, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13
    Condition Trait: Divinity’s Last Champion (+2 Will for Mind effecting)
    Favoured Enemy: Evil outsiders +2 [Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Survival], Attack and Damage
    Sacred Weapon (1d6) - Counts as GOOD

Alas, lass, it's not her turn yet. She goes after the hideous monsters. But we will keep your actions.

26. - Top - End - #116

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rypt View Post
    While she is under the effect of the Sign of Returning, the first time an outsider moves within 30 feet of Erizat, they must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or treat any movement towards her as costing double. Additionally, if they fail their saving throw, they lose all damage reduction, resistances and immunities imparted by their race or subtype, as well as any spell-like abilities common to their race or subtype.
    What happens if she moves to within 30 feet of them instead of the other way around? The creature is standing still when she steps out the front door to within 30 feet and line-of-effect.

27. - Top - End - #117

DwarfClericGuy

Roger uses the first arrow to line up his trajectory and the hits solidly with the second. Other people do some magic. The creatures get to go and then Rosalyn, followed by Ezora, Margaretta and the non-combatants.

The creatures take their turns:
    While their wings buzz maddeningly and seemingly more loudly to those that came outside, they spend their turn casting spells.
    1. The one on the tavern roof casts toward Sanamin and Thargril and they are suddenly enveloped in a swarm of locusts. Sanamin takes five damage and Thargril three. (There is no save, but DR would apply against a hundred tiny bites.)
    2. The one opposite the tavern casts towards Malik and Erizat, catching them both in a swarm of locusts. Malik takes six damage and Erizat only one.
    3. One still unseen casts toward the back door and catches Ezora for six damage.

Rosalyn takes her turn, but stops short of the 10' cube of locusts in front of the tavern. The one on the tavern roof is currently within Erizat's 30' spell effect.

Ezora hops the bar and disappears from most perceptions. (Just a good stealth roll)

Margaretta gathers her precious cards as quickly as she can and takes a 5' step away from the back door swarm.

People in the street cover their ears, grab their children, and run away as best they can.

The window repair team covers their ears and runs for the kitchen. Yokthok finally gets to his feet, swaying away from the swarm.

OOC: It's back to the top with Sanamin, Thargril, and Malik. (Round 2!)
    Last edited by Phantom Genius; 2021-01-04 at 06:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Sanamin and Thargril, Round 2
    Show
    Spoiler: Sanamin
    Show
    Sanamin Takalher
    MW Scimitar +6 (1d4+2, 18-20/x2)
    Condition Mounted on Thargril

Spoiler: Thargril
    Show
    Thargril
    Male True Neutral Deinonychus Animal Companion, Level 2, HP 23/23, Speed 60 ft
    AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, CMD 15, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Two Claws +4 (1d8+1, 20/x2)
    Bite +4 (1d6+1, 20/x2)
    Armor (+2 DEX, +4 Natural AC, +1 Dodge, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 14
    Special Qualities Low-Light Vision, Scent
    Feats Dodge, Iron Will
    Skills Acrobatics +10 (Untrained), Perception +13, Stealth +14, Survival +5
    Trained Tricks Trained for Riding and Combat, +Attack trick (so that Thargril will attack undead and aberrations)
    Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +8 Perception, +8 Stealth
    Condition Enlarge Person
    Charging? (-2 AC)

Seeing one of the demons on a lower roof, Sanamin spurs his mount towards that building and rides his dinosaur into a leap towards the buzzing, demonic creature!

Show
    Thargril charges, including a jump to try and get into melee and attack one of the enemies.

Jump Check: (1d20+22)[38] (probably success)
    Climb check (if needed): (1d20+1)[10] (Probably unneeded)
    Charging Claw attack (if possible): (1d20+6)[13], (18-20/x2) (1d20+6)[14], (1d6+1)[4] slashing damage, (1d6+1)[4] critical strike damage

At the end of Thargril's movement Sanamin will attack with his MW Scimitar: to hit (1d20+6)[7], (18-20/x2) (1d20+6)[10], (1d4+2)[6] slashing damage, (1d4+2)[3] critical strike damage

If Thargril is hit with an attack, Sanamin will use Mounted Combat to try and keep him safe: Ride (1d20+8)[26]

29. - Top - End - #119

HalflingRogueGirl

Malik attempts once more to grasp at the essence of the demon's shadows, then moves to the side of the tavern and attempts to ascend to the roof 10 ft. above him.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard to use Shadow Lurk again, same as last time. Then use move action to attempt to climb the roof [roll]1d20+1[roll]. Nothing much else to do at the moment.

30. - Top - End - #120

DwarfClericGuy

Thargril ascends the wall quickly and easily, but his attack misses. Sanamin's blade also fails to strike true.
    The shadow lurk works the second time, but the climb check does not for Malik.

Roger and Erizat may go, followed by Team Demon.