New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fire of the Forsaken 2 IC (based on a concept by In4Dimensions)

"I'll make them know you are a friend so you can bandage them both. The big guy is hurt too." Roger pats the animals, saying "Friend. She's friend. ... You can now pat them too." Roger waits until she does and then, after he's sure the animals are comfortable with this, goes downstairs.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Erizat keeps her head down as she follows the others, seeming to deliberately avoid eye contact with anyone in the room. When she notices something off with her pack, she mutters a few words in sylvan as she looses the strap from her empty-handed shoulder and pulls the pack to the front to see if anything has gone missing.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

Rosalyn looks at the guards and the narrow passageway and looks to the second guard, meeting his gaze evenly and daring him to look anywhere but her face. !"Why the secrecy and the guards? Surely all who shelter in this city would be here to support our fight against the vast evil that now threatens us all?"
    Glancing at the others she looks for a leader, "I am Rosalyn, a servant of the Old Gods. I stand against the encroaching darkness, how can I be of service." SHe taps her sword hilts lightly to make it clear what she means.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Rosalyn Al'Sune
    F LG Human Conscript // War Priest (Champion of the Faith), Level 2, Init 4, HP 22/24, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort 5, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Counts as good (sacred weapon) MW Cold Iron Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+7, 19-20/x2)
    MW Silver Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+6, 19-20/x2)
    Cold Iron Gauntlet +6 (1d4, x2)
    Unarmoured Grace (+4 Dex, +3 Misc)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13
    Condition Trait: Divinity’s Last Champion (+2 Will for Mind effecting)
    Favoured Enemy: Evil outsiders +2 [Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Survival], Attack and Damage
    Sacred Weapon (1d6) - Counts as GOOD

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

[QUOTE=DarkOne7141981;25093304]Sanamin looks at the guard quietly as Thargril hisses, barely loudly enough to be heard. Turning to his dinosaur companion Sanamin soothes the feathered reptile and looks back to the guard. "Thargril was nearly snatched away from me just now by demons. Thank you for the offer, but for now I'd like him close. You understand, surely?"

"Sounds rough, mate. Look here, keep him off of the furniture, don't let him drink from the fountain, and you should be right with the lady." He waves you on and watches the others go by. When Rosalyn raises her voice, he tries to shush her politely. "There's no need to cause a commotion, lady. The walls have ears in the new world and someone might sell us out to the demons just to live another week. Tanya will answer all your questions." He tries to wave her on as well. The second guard is just embarrassed and says nothing.

Erizat grabs a comfortable seat in the main room and rummages in her bag, pulling out a hand-carved, gold-inlaid, wooden box that almost oozes magic. That was not there an hour ago.

Roger's sidekicks are comfortable and eating well, so he heads downstairs. The guards nod, but say nothing. He notes that one of them is a bit red-faced.

All four of you are now in a comfortable sitting room as a middle-aged woman walks in, with Ezora behind her.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin smiles grimly and nods a salute to the guard, clearly grateful for the understanding response. "I'll be sure he behaves and clean up after him - sometimes he loses a feather or two, but he won't make a mess inside otherwise," he says, acknowledging the man's recommendations.

In the sitting room the dour little halfling looks about for a moment before finding a corner where he won't be in the front of the party. From there he directs Thargril to lay down and then he stands beside his friend, a gentle hand scratching the dinosaur's head in unconscious affection. When the two women enter he stands a little taller and puts on a neutral expression, waiting for someone else to speak first.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Roger nods to the incoming middle-aged woman. "Roger Makarrow." He says nothing else, ready to be briefed about the reasons of this meeting.

7. - Top - End - #247

NecromancerGuy

"Sanamin. This is Thargril," says the halfling by way of introduction, standing with his arms crossed and the perpetual scowl on his face. "You got a lead on how we can kill more demons?"

8. - Top - End - #248

DwarfClericGuy

"Clearly you are not Margaretta," Tanya says in Erizat's direction. "How did you come to stand in her stead?"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

Rosalyn stands primly in the corner, where she can keep an eye on the guards and looks up at the old woman enters. Offering a slight curtsy (a habit from her years in the convent) she smiles. "Greetings, I am Rosalyn I came here with the others as we were directed to you to fight against the darkness."

At the comment to Erizat Rosalyn will add, "We were assailed in the steet by savage demons that brought yet more misery. We drove them off and killed them and then Erizat led us here.

Show

Rosalyn Al'Sune
    F LG Human Conscript // War Priest (Champion of the Faith), Level 2, Init 4, HP 22/24, Speed
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 13, CMD 19, Fort 5, Ref 7, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Counts as good (sacred weapon) MW Cold Iron Longsword (MW Bluff tool (tassels)) +8 (1d6+7, 19-20/x2)
    Favoured Enemy: Evil outsiders +2 [Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Survival], Attack and Damage

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Erizat studies the box for a moment, turning it slowly on the table to observe the artistry of its construction. She does not immediately open it, instead looking up to meet the eye and the inquiry of the middle-aged woman. Her answer is simple, and any annoyance or disappointment in Tanya's voice is mirrored in Erizat's. "Fate willed it so."

11. - Top - End - #251

DwarfClericGuy

"Who am I to argue with Fate, for she has brought us all here in these dark times. I did not foresee your arrival, though. What skills do you have to offer?" No attitude. She seems curious.

Spoiler: Small correction/explanation
    Show
    Ezora (the Wayang) was the one that led you here on Tanya's request, not Erizat, although their names are similar. Erizat just got caught up in things and Margaretta encouraged her to go along.

12. - Top - End - #252

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin looks at the woman with a bit of surprise and confusion, his bloodied appearance largely speaking for itself. "I've some nature-magic, I ride Thargril, and we kill demons," he answers, gesturing to the viscera and gore on them both as if to emphasize his point. "We're able to be quiet and can live off the land too."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Roger is somewhat surprised by the question. Eventually he answers. "None at the moment. Maybe some scepticism and common sense. We'll see."

14. - Top - End - #254

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Roger is somewhat surprised by the question. Eventually he answers. "None at the moment. Maybe some scepticism and common sense. We'll see."
    "No, no. . . my apologies. Your warrior skills are known to me. That question was to our most intriguing mystery, Miss Erizat." Tanya's mannerisms are odd. She doesn't lock eyes with anyone as she addresses them, but merely cants her head in their approximate direction.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Erizat's jaw tightens momentarily before she answers. "I am cridhefuar. Rimehearted. Cold magic is in my blood and I have trained in battle with this." At that, she takes up her partisan and taps the blunt end against the floor.
    Last edited by rypt; 2021-07-11 at 10:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rypt View Post
    Erizat's jaw tightens momentarily before she answers. "I am cridhefuar. Rimehearted. Cold magic is in my blood and I have trained in battle with this."
    "Fascinating! You will be most welcome in the battle to come." She doesn't seem to look at the box or mention it at all.

"With that said, let me welcome you all to our secret organization, the Absalom Liberation Front! Ezora, my best little sneak, says you have questions and I am ready to answer them. Our mission is simple, yet incredibly complex. We must eliminate the demon threat to the city if we are to reclaim it, this land, and maybe, hopefully, dare I say it...the world." She waits for that to sink in.

"We will remain hidden here, with all of the healing you can muster, for what? 24 hours? Is that sufficient? Then we will strike at the first target - a demon lieutenant that has been terrorizing the townsfolk and stealing the children. My plan is to remove the four lieutenants and any of their minions before we attack the Demon Lord in his lair under the city. This will be challenging and bloody, but I have confidence that you can reclaim this city. I must warn you, also, that the Demon Lord has eyes and ears everywhere. You can tell no one who we are, where we hide, or what we hope to achieve."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

"Those are... fairly bold plans. Let's say I'm in, but I'm all ears to hear a history of your success, if any. So far, we weren't able to just band together without some demons getting involved, killing one man and a bunch of bystanders." Roger is under a strong impression that secret organizations should be more, well, secret. And more down to earth. Still, with his identity already in this, he is not going to just back off the proposal.

18. - Top - End - #258

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin nods grimly. "We will kill demons until we are killed or there aren't any more of the infernal spawn to kill. The healing will be welcome too," he says by way of agreement. "Where is this lieutenant? What do you know of it?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

Roslayn leans forward nodding i agreement as she is offered o the join the Liberation Front but then is rocked by the news of the demons in the City. "I had though this place safe!" she utters, "How can there by such creatures within the walls of the city?". Then her face hardens and she taps her swords, "My blades are yours and we will drive this evil back, one step at a time"

Show

Rosalyn Al'Sune

20. - Top - End - #260

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Reminder
    Show
    This is from the original recruiting thread:

Not all is yet lost, however. Small pockets of light and hope still exist across Golarion, small resistances that must be careful not to attract too much attention. One such pocket of resistance exists in what once was Absalom. The ruined city’s location on an island, combined with residual magic from the Starstone, protects the people still living there from the worst of the demon attacks, and amongst those people are you.

"Safe. Rosalyn? I would not use that word. It has not been overrun and burned to ashes, but there are still demons beneath the city and erratically inside it. They worm their way in, through pawns, tunnels, or even disguises. This is why we must be careful and quiet. We find them before they find us. We eliminate the lieutenants, bolster our power, knowledge, and teamwork, and remove the demon lord before he can rule the city."

"You honor me with your bravery...all of you."

"History? We have both good and bad. The people of the city defended the walls courageously and the few demons that assaulted the island directly were held at bay. The demon lord that crept beneath the city instead sent spies and foul agents into the skies and streets to root out any opposition before the next assault. The creatures you battled today were once normal humans before they were tainted and twisted. A noble band of heroes went into the sewers to find the demon lord, but without training or intelligence. They have not been seen since."

21. - Top - End - #261

NecromancerGuy

"So, the demon lieutenant is beneath the city in tunnels? Caves? The sewers? And what about these 'noble heroes' who didn't come back? Where did they go to search out this enemy? What do you know now that will help us avoid their fate?" asks Sanamin, his interest apparent but his critical concern showing too. The halfling's serious demeanor and doubts makes the questions come out harshly, though not accusingly.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

Rosalyn blushes at being corrected then covers it with false bravado. "Come then, send us down to root out these scum and we shall burn them out of the city." She glances at the others, "The Gods are distant but not forgotten, and will not be whilst the likes of us draw breath." LIstening she waits for the details of where they should go to seek out this demonic underling and smite him.

Show

Rosalyn Al'Sune

23. - Top - End - #263

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "So, the demon lieutenant is beneath the city in tunnels? Caves? The sewers? And what about these 'noble heroes' who didn't come back? Where did they go to search out this enemy? What do you know now that will help us avoid their fate?"
    "Actually we believe the Demon Lord is in the sewers beneath the city. His lieutenants are spread out around the city, undermining its core and bringing havoc to its people." Her face is very serious and you can almost hear her grinding her teeth. "The lost heroes went into the sewers with only whispers of the demon's power as intelligence. I do not know if they lived or died, but they have not returned and it has been ten days."

"Rosalyn, your words are well said and give me hope."

24. - Top - End - #264

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin listens to Tanya answer his questions without his expression changing. After she's done and has complimented Rosalyn he tries to continue probing for answers. "So this other band went straight to the demon lord and haven't come back. Sounds like they bit off more than they could chew. By now they could be dead, imprisoned, or even turned to the demons' side," he says grimly. "Ten days is an eternity in a war like this, so best to presume to worst and go a different way. Do you have a specific underling you think we should hunt first? What do you know about it?

I'm always hungry to kill more demons - I may not share Rosalyn's faith, but we've the same goals. Let's talk concrete actions and get started!
    " For the first time he shows some emotion, this one of bleak, deadly enthusiasm for the violent killing of the abyssal outsiders. His tone is dark, but at least it's directed at the enemy and not any of the warriors in conference with him.

25. - Top - End - #265

DwarfClericGuy

"I have to agree with you, Mr. Sanamin. It's sad, but we won't make the same mistake." She bows her head for a moment, presumably out of respect for the lost.

"I feel that there is a demon lieutenant in the park, befouling the trees and flowers planted there. A citizen witnessed a child smelling the flowers, falling asleep, and being taken. They tried to help and saw dark figures among the trees. They were ashamed to tell me that they were overwhelmed with fear and ran until they collapsed. Other children are missing as well and the trees are...different. I do not know how better to explain it. They don't smell the same and the birds and squirrels have vanished. The park seems like a good, wide-open place for you to fight with your dinosaur and steed helpers, as opposed to the tight confines of the undercity."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Roslayn

Rosalyn shakes her head sadly at news of the deaths of the children. "It is awful what has befallen us. May the gods shield those poor children in the boneyard". looking at Sanamin she nods in agreement, happy with the halfling's grim determination. "Which park, we can go there and smite down these creatures"

Show

Rosalyn Al'Sune

27. - Top - End - #267

NecromancerGuy

It's hard to imagine the brooding halfling getting more grim and angry, but at the mention of demons preying on children and their parents being unable to save them Sanamin's face grows still as he breathes quietly through the nose and stares angrily into the middle-distance between Tanya and him. "They're demons, of course their wickedness knows no end," he mutters, barely loudly enough to be heard. Then he nods to Rosalyn and says, "Let's heal up - there are some demons who need to die. Natural predators hunt young, but these aren't wild animals. These abyssal monsters need to die, yesterday!" His last word is somewhat accusingly directed at Tanya, though it's probably just his anger speaking at the image she's presented. "How long until everyone is ready to leave?"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Sanamin is pissed, but as his player I recommend we heal up and refresh spells. That first fight was brutal and it's unlikely to get easier. Sanamin needs his offensive spells back before he's going to be at his best.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

"Park. Park is good." says Roger "We might test if we are good and there would be minimum collateral damage. I'm ready as soon as your healy persons take care about my animals and, well, me. Don't care much if it's today or tomorrow."

29. - Top - End - #269

DwarfClericGuy

The rest of this day and all of the next are required to get all of the hp and Sanamin's Con back to full. Longterm care is provided by Tanya's people. Let me know if any of you want to make small talk with them or each other.

You probably also notice Erizat fiddling with a fancy box. She can either sleight-of-hand it or show it off.

"It's called Lord's Park, but some of the people find it humorous to say 'Lord Spark.'" Tanya replies.

30. - Top - End - #270

NecromancerGuy

Sanamin spends the days anxious to leave the compound, but recognizes the signs of his body healing and purging itself of poisons. "I hate sitting here when I know there are demons out there to hunt," he says to one of the medics as they tend to his wounds. "But I guess it's best to let you do this without complaining at you, huh? Sorry..." he finishes before lapsing into a sullen silence.

On their way out Sanamin and Thargril hear the name of the park and asks, "There any chance the demons there use lightning when they attack? It'd be a bad joke, if you ask me..."