New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default What are you playing 4: HD Remaster Gold Collector's Edition Thread of the Year

New thread, same as the old thread.

Still slogging through Castle Karstaag. Having finished Tribunal makes this a lot more lucrative... set my Mark, band back to Mournhold, sell about 32000 gold worth of stuff that has no use to me, then Recall back.

However, fun note: I did not realize that the Morrowind equivalent of Oblivion's "Hold Block Button" was "Hold but not release attack button". I just have to find a pack of Rieklings on Bristlebacks and hold block until I've gotten a point or two, then slaughter them all.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: What are you playing 4: HD Remaster Gold Collector's Edition Thread of the Year

I think Edition should come after Thread of the Year, but too late now.

Kingdom New Lands because it was free on Epic a little while ago. Strange little game. I'm on the third island. I keep thinking I'll get bored of it but haven't yet, but so far the third island just seems like more of the same but harder.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing 4: HD Remaster Gold Collector's Edition Thread of the Year

Picked up Sekuna: Of Rice and Ruin. It's a cute game with some deep rice growing mechanics. The planting is a little frustrating since they don't give you a grid until you unlock it but the progression is part of the design. Great graphics and music and the story is....what you'd expect on first blush. Nothing too deep, nothing too inventive but still with heart. Probably a game that's going to fly way under the radar given the rice growing mechanics.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

To mark this thread so I can see it easily, I'm still playing Grim Dawn. Recently finished the original game, and I was surprised to find out that it basically ended at what I'd consider the midway point with only ending the C'thonian threat happening and the Aetherials being basically ignored until the expansion. That's a very weird thing to do, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2020-11-20 at 07:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I've kind of reached a saturation point with Grim Dawn. Partly due to an issue with a third party program, that I won't mention. But the story is fun. Still haven't killed the superbosses, but those are the only things I haven't done.

Played a bit of Just Cause 3 earlier today... and now remember just how much I HATE the navy.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Playing Enderal once again! Went into the powder desert waaaay underleveled and managed to finish the quests I needed to do by drinking invisibility potions and sprinting. Just finished the new Golden Sickle storyline; I liked their portrayal of the honorable but unpleasant guild master.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Forza Horizon 4 was on sale for cheap and it's been on my "to buy" for a while, so I got it and downloaded it last night. 77Gb full install, which is a bit crazy, but it does look absolutely gorgeous. Only slightly odd thing is that the very first car they give you is one of the faster ones in the game, which makes you wonder why you'd even bother with the others...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Picked up Hyrule Warrior: Age of Calamity on top of Sekuna. Other than not getting to climb everything in the world, it's the same Breath of the Wild but with more directed story. My only major complaint is that, unlike most Musou games...the roster of characters is really low. They incorporated the slate powers and each character gets unique interactions with them which is cool but some are better than others. Otherwise it's a standard Musou game. Lots of big maps, lots and lots of enemies and a lot of callbacks to Breath of the Wild which makes it weird since it's a prequel.

I saw a lot of complaints that it doesn't "add" to the story but I found Breath of the Wild to not really have much of a story outside you piecing your memories together and saving Zelda/killing the Calamity. It was an open world game, the story was never going to be robust and...Zelda games barely have story outside the basic beats. Any story introduced in a secondary game would be story added and that's the case with Age of Calamity. It answers the how the heroes you put to rest came to be part of the team and explain things.

Like Breath of the Wild, the Divine Beasts are the weakest part of the game. You can pilot them in special missions and they're basically just get to Point B from Point A while killing everything in your path. So really it's just fan service and adds nothing so far. I've only done two so far but I don't see things changing for the other two when I get to pilot them. Or if. I imagine I'll get to pilot all four at some point.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The last of the Season Pass DLC for Age of Wonders: Planetfall came out in last week or so, and I've been having a bit of a mess about in that. The DLC added a new faction, which are sort of very vaguely anime space knights in giant robots. Very melee focused, but unlike the Kir'ko, tanky as all getout. I find holding a line using their very powerful defense mode abilities, then charging out and stabbing everybody with electro-sabers to work very well. Of course because it's Planetfall, and the combat is complicated as all getout, this may be because I haven't yet encountered the set of units/mods that just shred my dudes, and I'm sure its out there. Vanguard troopers with the mod that makes their guns into fully automatic AOE fireball launchers come to mind, because they can output just a sickening amount of damage against stacked up armies.

There's also a sort of galactic conquest metagame thing now. I'm not totally sure how it works yet, but you seem to be able to get bonuses from conquering planets, along with unlocking extra units and operations from outside your race/secret tech choice. It even looks like there's some sort of top-level influence system, but I'm not deep enough into the weeds of that to really understand it yet.

I have to say, at 8 factions, and I think 7 secret techs, Planetfall has done a very good job of populating its comically bleak and super-colorful universe with some pretty unique stuff. Sure the Vanguard are standard sci-fi dudes with guns, but the rest of the factions are wild. Sure I've read a couple sci-fi stories that have groups like the Amazons in them, but they're pretty out there for a video game, and that's before you get to the playable insectoids with a completely legitimate grudge, the communist space dwarves, or the skulldudgerous lizardmen. The downside is that actually figuring out what anything does takes much more attention than Age of Wonders 3 - you kinda know what to expect from a dwarf - but the upside is something pretty fresh and interesting.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Been chewing through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Had it for years but never got around to playing more than the tutorial.

Solid game overall, though the side missions are infinitely more engaging than the main plot for sure. Kind of the inverse of Human Revolution, where I found few if any of the sidequests to be particularly memorable.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
    Kingdom New Lands because it was free on Epic a little while ago. Strange little game. I'm on the third island. I keep thinking I'll get bored of it but haven't yet, but so far the third island just seems like more of the same but harder.
    I suppose I should actually describe the game a little for everyone, since it's pretty obscure...

It's kinda tower-defense-ish. You get money, you use it to build walls, hire archers, and a few other things. Every night, a bunch of monsters attack you, trying to break down your walls before the archers kill them. You're trying to build up before the increasingly powerful waves of monsters overwhelm you.

There's a couple of strange things though:
    First, it's basically 1-D. There's only left and right. It's in a side-scrolling perspective, and there's no jumping or anything.
    Secondly... you've got an avatar, a queen on horseback. But the avatar doesn't really directly DO anything; the queen can't fight, the queen can't build. The only thing she can do is spend money (well, and pick up money when someone does something that would earn you money). In essence, the royal horseback rider acts like the mouse cursor in a normal tower defense game. If you want to recruit a new archer, you first have to ride out (usually a fairly long distance) to find a hovel where unrecruited peasants live. You drop a gold piece on them to recruit them, then you have to ride all the way back to your main camp, to the guy who sells bows, and give him a few coins to make more bows. Oh, and the horse will only gallop for a short ways and then slows to a walk until it recovers.

The end result is that it's a weirdly slow game. A single recruiting trip can easily take 5 or 10 minutes. Recruiting is one of the longest things in the game, but even just riding from one side of your camp to the other to see if anyone on the other wall picked up a few coins (archers shoot rabbits during the day, who will then drop coins, so you occasionally want to ride around to both sets of archers) can take 1-2 minutes once you've expanded a bit. But at the same time, there's a constant pressure; it's a hard game, and the monster attacks get steadily worse, and you're in a race to
    Spoiler: Goal of each stage
    Show
    build a (very expensive) boat to leave the island

before the monsters overwhelm you. So it's a race but a very slow one.

It's also a roguelike; the map is different each time. And the difficulty is not very consistent. (For instance, if there's a recruiting hovel near your base, the map is far easier than if the nearest hovel is a half-day ride.) So, you go though the early build-up part of the game multiple times. As I said, I keep expecting to bored of it, but haven't yet.
    Last edited by Sermil; 2020-11-22 at 02:37 AM. Reason: fixed quote

12. - Top - End - #12

Slogging through the endgame of Bloodmoon... specifically, the Ravens Rock quests. Currently grabbing all the Stahlrim, hoping to make something better than what I have (glass and gold, with the Ebony Mail and the Mask of Clavicus Vile).
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Grim Dawn completed, it quite looks like to me that they're going for a long run with it, and the game won't be completed for a while. Assuming they're not going to just do a sequel next. I played a necromancer/nightblade with a focus on big burst damage (two-handed weapons, bone harvest, that teleport move to get on top of someone, plus ring of steel. Pneumatic burst and the nightblade's invincibility for defensive purposes, plus some auras as well to complete it).

Next on the random list will be GTA Vice City.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

So far I've managed to squeeze 8k per second HP regen out of a Nightblade Arcanist combo.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Finished Mankind Divided, good game. Somehow got screwed out of my Foxiest of the Hounds achievement for not setting off any alarms. Was weird to finish that game and then wake up to the "Great Reset" stuff today.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Conquered my first planet as part of the new AoW: Planetfall meta-campaign thingy. Each map has a randomized victory condition in addition to the normal ones, this one was a quest for a Grail artifact, which was pretty fun. First I had to find a bunch of cypher keys at random locations (hard locations!) through the game world, then do a bunch of research, then get an army to a specific site in the gameworld, then win a freaking hard battle. This got me some meta-progression with a couple factions, which unlocks out-of-faction units, mods and operations you can use in subsequent battles.

I think I really, really like this system. It gives you some direction, without the often puzzle-ish nature of a typical scripted campaign, and it doesn't lock you into any one race/tech combination. There's some extra modifiers added to each planet when it's generated, like starting at war with certain minor factions. The extra win conditions are pretty cool too, since they solve the endless endgame problem, and hopefully there's a good variety of objectives available, it looks really, really cool. I could see badgering away at this for a long time.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Grim Dawn completed, it quite looks like to me that they're going for a long run with it, and the game won't be completed for a while.
    I'm pretty sure they've stated that the last story DLC they released (Forgotten Gods) will be the last and that any future work will be a new game. Which seems fair enough considering it's nearly 5 years since they released the game.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've stated that the last story DLC they released (Forgotten Gods) will be the last and that any future work will be a new game. Which seems fair enough considering it's nearly 5 years since they released the game.
    I just feel a bit disappointed that it ends so... Inconclusively. Nothing has really been resolved concerning the Aetherial threat.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Slogging through the endgame of Bloodmoon... specifically, the Ravens Rock quests. Currently grabbing all the Stahlrim, hoping to make something better than what I have (glass and gold, with the Ebony Mail and the Mask of Clavicus Vile).
    This did not work. Stahlrim is strictly worse than what I had. But I have gone back to Oblivion.
    The Cranky Gamer

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Received FFVII Remake and Last of Us 2 for my birthday earlier this month an playing the hell outta both of them. FFVIIR is just about everything I could want from it, except having to wait for the next part. That being said, with no reason to rush through, and I've been poking around at all the nooks and crannies I can find and enjoying myself thoroughly. Around halfway through at this point, and looking forward to the rest of it.

LoU2 has been quite the ride, think I'm somewhere around 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the way through. Some of the shock value the devs were going for kinda falls flat for me, but I find that's more due to my dark sense of humor than anything. The gameplay is great, the story kinda drags on after a bit, but is still interesting, and post apocalypse Seattle is just gorgeous. I spend almost as much time just admiring the scenery as I do looking for supplies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm currently almost done with my first playthrough of Disco Elysium, and am playing a lot of Hades these days. I'll also return to Remnant: From The Ashes sometime, perhaps after finally getting to play Darksiders 2.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished wrapping up the Iceborne main story content.

1) Velkhana was a fun fight and very pretty dragon. Ice for days, in line, AoE and projectile form.

2) Vaal Hazak 2: Super Spooky Boogaloo was a bit more of the same, but now in jungle flavour, which means tighter corridors.

3) Namielle... Oh you are just the most fabulously gorgeous dragon i've ever seen. A manta ray like mantle instead of wings, gradient hues of blue, pink and purple, ethereal catfish whiskers that gently sway and the whole thing has basically LED lights along it's body giving it a surreal glow... You are the prettiest dragon i've ever seen Namielle.

You are also terrifying. Like if Coral PukeiPukei, Legiana & Kirin decided to team up.

4) RUINER NERGIGANTE. IF BASE FORM NER IS WOLVERINE THIS IS THE PROJECT X "WHY DON'T WE JUST STRAP ON ADAMANITUM ON IT'S BONES! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!" VERSION. If my Dinobot Armour set wasn't stupidly OP, I would have carted many, many more times. Still hyper aggressive, it now more casually shoots out metal barbs when it attacks, but these ones cause bleed.

5) Shara Ishvala. The big boss isn't too tough, as long as you can dodge his telegraphed attacks.if they hit, they hurt like a bugger though.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    So Dinobot Invincibility. This is the set that got me through the last few fights.

Tigrex Helm a, Pants b & Boots b. Vaal chest b, gloves b. This gives 2 very specific boots: Free Meal Secret & Super Recovery. Free Meal Secret gives free meal's cap 2 extra levels... which mean 75% chance of not using up drinks or food... like potions. Super Recovery allows you to heal beyond the red bar up to your max. given enough time you can largely shrug off anything. Speed Eating, Free Meal, Recovery Speed, Recovery Up, Health boost are all at their level 3 cap, which means i can shrug off most things.

I got the Tigrex armour because it reminds me of Dinobot from Beast Wars, and i really got to appreciate that Free Meal boon. It's the Spooky Drago armour that lets me turn my cautious playstyle into near invincibility.
    --------------------------------
    Final Verdict? Can't wait for Rise on the Switch, still have a LOT of post-game monsters to beat up.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Just wrapped up Astrologaster, a humorous indie title where you're playing a astrologer/physician/quack in 1590's London and trying to cure/manipulate your patients in order to get some letters of recommendation and not get shut down by the College of Physicians. Pretty funny writing, stellar voice acting (they actually used a 6-person chorus to sing all the narration!), but not a lot of gameplay other than choosing one of 2-3 paths for every patient. Still, Pratchett-like humor in 1590's London is not something you often encounter in games, so got a pretty good kick out of it.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2020-11-25 at 10:19 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Conquered my first planet as part of the new AoW: Planetfall meta-campaign thingy. Each map has a randomized victory condition in addition to the normal ones, this one was a quest for a Grail artifact, which was pretty fun. First I had to find a bunch of cypher keys at random locations (hard locations!) through the game world, then do a bunch of research, then get an army to a specific site in the gameworld, then win a freaking hard battle. This got me some meta-progression with a couple factions, which unlocks out-of-faction units, mods and operations you can use in subsequent battles.

I think I really, really like this system. It gives you some direction, without the often puzzle-ish nature of a typical scripted campaign, and it doesn't lock you into any one race/tech combination. There's some extra modifiers added to each planet when it's generated, like starting at war with certain minor factions. The extra win conditions are pretty cool too, since they solve the endless endgame problem, and hopefully there's a good variety of objectives available, it looks really, really cool. I could see badgering away at this for a long time.
    I just got Planetfall and I have to say it's completely surpassed my expectations so far. I was expecting an Endless Legends clone, but it's really quite its own thing. I wish there was a little more mechanical support for economic/peaceful approaches, a way to tell your allies to stomp thumping on people you want to sign a truce with, and a soft limit (rather than the current hard limit) on the amount of sectors you can annex. But I am thoroughly and unexpectedly pleased with this game. The combat is really, really good and it doesn't dissolve into chaos with large battles. I'm having an extremely good time with the Syndicate (psychic mafia with slave soldiers), slowly bowling over my adversaries with teleporting tanks and waves of cannon fodder.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

It still seems weird that "Asymmetrical multiplayer horror" is an entire genre these days, but my absolute favorite of them all, Last Year: After Dark is currently 90% off on Steam, which has instantly fixed its biggest issue: long wait times for games. I freaking love Last Year's take on the genre, because not being able to fight back at all in the other games in the same vein always felt like a big loss. Last Year's survivors being able to turn the tables on the killer if they cooperate and make smart moves is great... and this is coming from a killer main. Playing the Fiend in Last Year never feels as hopeless as in DBD, for one thing. Even if a skilled group of survivors kept control of the game, the number of games I've seen turned around right at the end is more than I can count.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NRSASD View Post
    I just got Planetfall and I have to say it's completely surpassed my expectations so far. I was expecting an Endless Legends clone, but it's really quite its own thing. I wish there was a little more mechanical support for economic/peaceful approaches, a way to tell your allies to stomp thumping on people you want to sign a truce with, and a soft limit (rather than the current hard limit) on the amount of sectors you can annex. But I am thoroughly and unexpectedly pleased with this game. The combat is really, really good and it doesn't dissolve into chaos with large battles. I'm having an extremely good time with the Syndicate (psychic mafia with slave soldiers), slowly bowling over my adversaries with teleporting tanks and waves of cannon fodder.
    Yeah, the AoW games have always been very combat focused. The original game had diplomacy so barebones a skeleton would have considered it nudist, and empire building was limited to unlocking higher tier units at bigger cities. You couldn't even upgrade the size of a city either. Meant it was goblin suicide bombers from here til next Sunday though, and it was brilliant. Also it somehow got away with a genuinely ridiculous amount of blood, particularly if you had a max damage melee hero, since the size of the blood geyser was determined by your damage roll. Melee heroes were just the boss in that game. Since then the empire building has gotten more complex, with Planetfall having by the far the richest systems for that. But at the end of the day, the game's really built around what units you put in the field, and how you use them.

I kinda like this structure. Put too much into the strategy layer, and the tactics kinda turn into an afterthought. Which would be a shame, as the core AoW combat mechanics have been just polished to a mirror shine at this point, and Planetfall is by far the richest implementation of them yet. Honestly it might be bordering on the too much in places, since mods can so drastically alter a unit's performance, and although you can check to see what an enemy has equipped, the game doesn't go out of its way to tell you this. First time I ran into the Vanguard troopers with the incendiary mod, I thought the game had bugged out or something, because turning a T1 unit into a long range flamethrower was not something I had anticipated.

(Incidentally, when Planetfall came out, there was a lot of talk about how it was XCOMing Age of Wonders 3, because it had cover in it. Apparently nobody writing about the game was aware that all AoW games prior to 3 had cover in them. It wasn't called that, but it quite clearly set up a percentile miss chance based on the target being behind something, which is kinda what cover is. AoW 3 had cover too, it just did it as damage reduction, since they dispensed with the to hit roll in that game.)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Just bought Journey on the Steam Sale and played through it once.

I don't want to play through it again, because the experience was amazing. I met a friend earlier on who helped me find a few scarf increases I'd otherwise had missed, and we stayed together throughout the entire game, even when I accidentally activated the transition before them. It really is a beautiful game, and I was extremely lucky to get to play it in the best way the very first time I did.

Guess it's time to play the other games I picked up, XIII and Toybox Turbos.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Guess it's time to play the other games I picked up, XIII and Toybox Turbos.
    Hopefully that was the original release of XIII you got there? Because, by all accounts, the recently released remaster is hot garbage.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Hopefully that was the original release of XIII you got there? Because, by all accounts, the recently released remaster is hot garbage.
    It's in 4:3, so I hope it's the good version.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

So, having greatly enjoyed revisiting some old favorites earlier this year (the Banjo games and Persona 4 Golden) and having no obvious next game that I wanted to pick up, I decided to re-play another old favorite of mine: Icewind Dale 2, probably the only D&D video game I have much experience with.

It, ah, is not going as well as the Banjo games or Persona. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it to an extent, but boy, after a certain point (namely once you go after the Goblinoid Fort) it feels like every fight has become a serious struggle against a huge swarm of enemies, many of which are not easy to take down quickly. And using AoEs in this particular game is really difficult, as you're basically guessing where to place them to hit the enemies you want hit and hopefully avoid friendly fire (that latter of which is a huge problem). Which leads to a lot of re-loading save files.

It being a 3E game also kind of makes me miss certain things about 5E - especially the infinite-use cantrips. It's kind of sad seeing my Wizard be basically a crossbowman who occasionally casts spells.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis