New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default My Thoughts On Johnny Depp And Amber Heard Domestic Violence Situation

Ok, I've been watching Youtube videos and hearing about Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Domestic Violence situation. Some people say that Johnny Depp is the abuser, other people are saying that Amber Heard is the abuser. It's he said, she said situation and they've been going to each other throats for years now. In my honest opinion, I say both of them are at fault and they need to be held accountable and punished for their actions. I heard that Warner Bros. removed Johnny Depp from the upcoming Aquaman 2 movie. They need to remove Amber Heard from the Aquaman 2 movie as well also because I don't think she should get a free pass because she's not innocent. Also just to let everybody know I'm not taking sides from either party. Those are my thoughts.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Thoughts On Johnny Depp And Amber Heard Domestic Violence Situation

Minor correction, but Depp wasn't removed from Aquaman 2, but rather from the third Fantastic Beasts film (although he's still getting paid the full amount, last I heard).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Thoughts On Johnny Depp And Amber Heard Domestic Violence Situation

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Minor correction, but Depp wasn't removed from Aquaman 2, but rather from the third Fantastic Beasts film (although he's still getting paid the full amount, last I heard).
    Really? He wasn't removed from Aquaman 2 but he was removed from Fantastic Beasts 3 movie? I didn't know that.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Johnny Depp was not removed from Aquaman 2 because he was never in Aquaman 2.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Huh? I don't get It.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Depp was never going to be in Aquaman 2 in the first place; at least, not that I ever heard anywhere.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Depp was never going to be in Aquaman 2 in the first place; at least, not that I ever heard anywhere.
    Well, I heard something different from what you said.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. Where did you hear it?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Fair enough. Where did you hear it?
    Memes, Facebook, and Youtube.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Memes, Facebook, and Youtube.
    Those are probably not the most reliable sources.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Hey now, Memes are sometimes based on reality.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Hey now, Memes are sometimes based on reality.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Now, Amber Heard was in Aquaman, and there were calls for her to be removed from Aquaman 2.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Search the Internet Peelee; you know it to be true!
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

There is an important factor that I haven't seen brought up yet, and it's that JK Rowling is, according to her own definition, a domestic abuse survivor. That Depp ended up losing his part in a Harry Potter movie is no big surprise, after a trial was held in England about whether Depp could be accurately described as a wife beater.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pirate in the Playground Moderator

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    There is an important factor that I haven't seen brought up yet, and it's that JK Rowling is, according to her own definition, a domestic abuse survivor. That Depp ended up losing his part in a Harry Potter movie is no big surprise, after a trial was held in England about whether Depp could be accurately described as a wife beater.
    I think that there had been calls for Depp to be fired when Heard's allegations first surfaced and it was Rowling who resisted them. Once the court made its finding it was pretty inevitable that Depp would lose his job.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I can tell your serious now and what can I tell that can be a reliable source most of the time.

18. - Top - End - #18

I can tell your serious now and what can I tell that can be a reliable source most of the time.
    Major reputable news organizations. The actual news parts, not the talking heads and personalities.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Major reputable news organizations. The actual news parts, not the talking heads and personalities.
    Yes. Anyway, I'm not taking any sides to see who's innocent and who's the guilty party. I say both of them are guilty and I'm being neutral in this case.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate ninja View Post
    I think that there had been calls for Depp to be fired when Heard's allegations first surfaced and it was Rowling who resisted them. Once the court made its finding it was pretty inevitable that Depp would lose his job.
    I tried taking a look, and it seemed like the whole production (including JKR) was OK with Depp back then. Her role on the expulsion seems limited, for now, at not fighting against WB's decision. So my theory is, at the very least, unsubstantiated.

Depp still got his 10 millions, which could offer some consolation. I can understand WB wanting to avoid controversy, since 2's shaky writing is already going to reflect negatively on 3's box-office performance (YMMV).
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I tried taking a look, and it seemed like the whole production (including JKR) was OK with Depp back then. Her role on the expulsion seems limited, for now, at not fighting against WB's decision. So my theory is, at the very least, unsubstantiated.

Depp still got his 10 millions, which could offer some consolation. I can understand WB wanting to avoid controversy, since 2's shaky writing is already going to reflect negatively on 3's box-office performance (YMMV).
    Eh, Depp's parts of 2 were pretty much the only good parts though. The rest was basically a movie version of HP Fanfiction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

22. - Top - End - #22

I heard from a major reputable meme that Johnny Depp and Amber Heard were both fired from the upcoming Order of the Stick movie.
    (The same major reputable meme also said Pelee can't be trusted in determining what sources are reliable.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Well yea, he was removed from production before the movie was actually made, hence he was never in it.
    Last edited by 137beth; 2020-11-22 at 02:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Ok, I've been watching Youtube videos and hearing about Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Domestic Violence situation. Some people say that Johnny Depp is the abuser, other people are saying that Amber Heard is the abuser. It's he said, she said situation and they've been going to each other throats for years now. In my honest opinion, I say both of them are at fault and they need to be held accountable and punished for their actions. I heard that Warner Bros. removed Johnny Depp from the upcoming Aquaman 2 movie. They need to remove Amber Heard from the Aquaman 2 movie as well also because I don't think she should get a free pass because she's not innocent. Also just to let everybody know I'm not taking sides from either party. Those are my thoughts.
    Are you saying that they should be removed just from those 2 specific movies or that they should never be allowed to be in any movies ever again?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

If we remove Johnny Depp from Aquaman 2, we should also remove Amber Heard from Fantastic Beasts 3. That would be truly fair.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dps View Post
    Are you saying that they should be removed just from those 2 specific movies or that they should never be allowed to be in any movies ever again?
    I'm saying they should be removed from those 2 specific movies which are very fair.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I'm saying they should be removed from those 2 specific movies which are very fair.
    Why these movies in particular?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Why remove them at all, for that matter? Cant we just let them do their jobs without punishing them beyond what the judicial system has decided?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Why remove them at all, for that matter? Cant we just let them do their jobs without punishing them beyond what the judicial system has decided?
    Because they don't want any controversy from Johnny and Amber knowing their abusive history together.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Because they don't want any controversy from Johnny and Amber knowing their abusive history together.
    If thats the case, they/you seem to have misjudged things then, because there is absolutely controversy about the decision to remove him.

(Its unclear to me right now if youre speaking of your own opinion directly or are simply agreeing with their decision and trying to explain their reasoning.)
    Last edited by Keltest; 2020-11-22 at 06:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If thats the case, they/you seem to have misjudged things then, because there is absolutely controversy about the decision to remove him.

(It's unclear to me right now if you're speaking of your own opinion directly or are simply agreeing with their decision and trying to explain their reasoning.)
    Again, I'm not taking any sides. I'm just saying they should remove both Johnny and Amber because they (Warner Bros.) don't want to get caught any controversy from them.