Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [LFG] 3.5/5e Want to play in a naval or pirate game.

Human warblade Harper Wainsper is mechanically done. Skipped on equipment for now because we don't have starting gold. Working on backstory and will update when done.

EDIT: Updated backstory, also modified the skills section because I missed a few synergy bonuses.
    Last edited by Kid Dynamo; 2020-12-02 at 02:55 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Going Enforcer. Paladin variant. LN
    Super devoted. Young.
    Taking vow of poverty and nonviolence.
    He is on the ship at someone elseís wishes. It is his first time outside the monastery.
    He is on a pilgrimage and is to learn to be part of the world.
    He is a moral compass, a representative of the church and eyes of the law.

He is to mentally tally the lawfulness of the ships endeavours and actions, reporting it back to the church and government.
    Trying to keep them on track as it goes along.

Spoiler: Checking on alternate class features
    Show

Smiting Arrow
    You belong to a sacred group, of priests who specialize in the use of ranged weapons.
    Level: 1st.
    Replaces: If you choose this ability, you do not gain proficiency with heavy armor or shields.
    Benefit: You gain the ability to smite evil with a ranged attack up to 30 feet
    (Donít want heavy armour at sea.)

Gaze of Truth
    For you, justice is paramount.
    Level: 1st.
    Replaces: If you choose this ability, you do not gain the ability to detect evil. (chaos)
    Benefit: You can discern when someone is lying to you, as the spell discern lies. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day). The target is afforded a Will save (DC 10 + half your paladin level + your Charisma modifier). If he succeeds, you cannot discern lies from him for 24 hours. Each use of this ability lasts for 1 round per paladin level.
    Additionally, you add detect evil to the paladin spell list.

Spoiler: Code of conduct
    Show
    An enforcer must be of lawful neutral alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly commits a chaotic act (such as breaking a vow or contract or betraying an ally). Unlike the other holy warriors, enforcers are bound to the will of two beings. Their primary liege remains their divine patron, but they must also serve the will of their worldly liege. The enforcer's patron deity and his liege's patron deity must be the same. If an enforcer believes his liege is not acting in the best interests of his deity, he is permitted to act against his liege as long as he can expose his liege's heresy within 24 hours. An enforcer is not allowed to accept a position of leadership that would place him in a position where he would not have a liege above him in the rank of command, except in the case of an emergency (and even then, for no more than 24 hours). The enforcer must uphold and enforce the laws of the church and land at all times, even when the laws would prevent him from fully accomplishing a desired personal goal.

Soooo... Iím going to use that to get around associating with the chaotic party members, as it is my liegeís wishes that I help and heal those on the ship.

Spoiler: Images
    Show

Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2020-12-02 at 09:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

GreataxeFighterGuy

I'm really not cool on ACFs unless they're low tier classes. As I upgraded the paladin casting in such a way as to rival the Bard's, I consider the paladin to be in tier three. Moreover, a lot of ACFs are not balanced against what they're replacing (such as whirling frenzy or the spirit lion pounce).

I do however, really like the character outline.
    Last edited by 3drinks; 2020-12-02 at 11:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

No problem. Iíll leave them out.

I liked the truth telling one since it fit the character and judging everyone that shows up on my Ďdetect chaosí radar is just gonna get annoying.

2ndly Smiting up to 30ft really isnít gonna help my nonviolence vow either unless I take a bunch of feats or itís against undead.

Alright, just gonna tidy up a few more bits then Iím good to go.

5. - Top - End - #65

Bard Garthess
    Ďnot actually a bard!í

Bard does not remember his true family, at a young age he was found in the forest near death and saved from a hungry bear by a passing dryad. She looked after him for a while and they grew close but he was still young so she sent him off to be with other humans. From there he ended up at a monastery and learnt of the world through books.

Eventually when he was trained in their ways of obedience, indifference and law, he was sent into the world proper to learn, preach and practice the power of words over violence. That is how he ended up on this ship.

6. - Top - End - #66

GreataxeFighterGuy

Maje sure you post your sheet in the channel and introduce the character in the IC. That seems to be everyone, which allows me to continue progression. 😎

7. - Top - End - #67

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Dynamo View Post
    Human warblade Harper Wainsper is mechanically done. Skipped on equipment for now because we don't have starting gold. Working on backstory and will update when done.

EDIT: Updated backstory, also modified the skills section because I missed a few synergy bonuses.
    Have you joined the server yet? I don't believe I've seen you. When you're there, please post your sheet in the designated channel, and read the IC and make your introduction there. 😎

https://discord.gg/rc9StdkH

8. - Top - End - #68

GreataxeFighterGuy

Since we have four or five people, I've changed this thread to be marked filled. I'll update should anyone step out. Happy gaming.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Was only lurking in this thread, but I figured I pop in to the server and see if there were other games whose times would work better for me.

I mention this only because it appears your link has expired.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2020-12-06 at 11:25 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.