New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Fighter scout ? Build expertise

I am looking for a good multiclass that give me expertise
    I'll be leve 5 going up to level 12 and I like a Build that will give me double PROF In skill that be good for exploring a Massive Dugeon (will have various levels some having there own bio domes with Forest and other wilderness)

A fee years ago I had some suggest me a build that gave me expertise in 4 skills
    If I If it was scout fighter or scout rogue + a ranger of some type but I happen to Remem as it and it sounded really good for this game

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fighter scout ? Build expertise

The Scout rogue subclass features in Xanathar's Guide to Everything gives you proficiency in Survival and Nature, and if you were already proficient in those skills you get to double your proficiency bonus for them, like with expertise.

A level of Knowledge Cleric will give you expertise in two of Arcana, History or Religion (You've already got nature). Sometimes multiclassing can be weird, but this combination makes for a, in my opinion, particularly interesting and coherent character concept - imagine someone who sees exploring and discovering the wonders of the world as an act of faith.

There are other ways to really go all in on skills, but they'd lead you to weird places.
    Last edited by solidork; 2020-11-25 at 02:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I think rogue with the scout subclass is what you're looking for. It's from Xanathar's. The scout rogue gives you the expertise you want by third level (nature, survival, +2 of choice), and is a martial class that deals a lot of single target damage. Rogue is good all the way to 20, but if you really want to multiclass, you could go Scout Rogue 3 or 5 -> Gloomstalker Ranger 5-7 / Rogue X for a dungeon-delving-nature-loving explorer.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd start Scout Rogue 3/Ranger 2, taking Archery fighting style. Go with a high DEX and WIS, and decent CON and INT. You'll have 5 total skill picks from Ranger and Rogue, plus 2 more from background, plus any racial skills, plus Survival and Nature proficiency from Scout. I'd be sure to pick up Athletics, Acrobatics, Perception, Investigation, and Stealth from among those. Stick your Expertise in Stealth and Perception, and you get Expertise in Survival and Nature from Scout as well.

Then take Ranger up to Scout 3/Gloomstalker 7. Use your ASI at Ranger 4 to up your DEX, unless it's already 18, at which point I might consider Sharpshooter instead.

Then you can decide from Level 10 if you want to finish out as Scout 5/Gloomstalker 7 (for Uncanny Dodge at the end), Scout 4/Gloomstalker 8 (for extra ASI at the end), or Scout 3/Gloomstalker 9 (for 3rd level spells at the end). Use your Rogue 4 or Ranger 8 ASI for Sharpshooter if you didn't take it already.
    Last edited by RogueJK; 2020-11-25 at 03:34 PM.