New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Negative magic (A sorcerer Subclass)

Negative magic
    An ancestor of yours has glimpsed into the negative plane, a realm in the far reaches of the shadowfell. Your magic has deadly ties with pure negative energy.

Life antithesis
    Starting at the 1st level, your ties to the negative plane become apparent. When you take damage you can spend a spell slot to emit an aura of annihilation that extends 5 feet around you. Each creature within this aura takes 1d6 necrotic damage, which the aura then disappears. This ability deals an additional 1d6 necrotic damage for each spell slot spent above first. Starting at the 2nd level, you may spend a single sorcery point to use this ability as if you had spent a first level spell slot.

Life eater
    Starting at the 1st level, when you reduce a creature to 0 hit points with a spell, you gain temporary hit points equal to (your level + your charisma modifier). You may use this ability twice per short or long rest.

Negative shield
    Starting at the 6th level, you may spend 2 sorcery points to summon a shield weaved of negative energy. The shield exists for the next minute and takes up one of your hands. It gives you a +2 to your armor class and whenever a creature misses a melee attack against you they take necrotic damage equal to (Your proficiency bonus)d6.

Cling to the barren life
    Starting at the 6th level, whenever you roll a death saving throw, you regain 1 hit point if you roll an 18 or higher.

Finger of doom
    Starting at the 14th level, you may spend 4 sorcery points to point at a creature within range. The creature must make a wisdom saving throw versus your spell save dc, which on a fail they are frightened of you for the next minute and take 8d6 necrotic damage. On a save they take half as much.

Annihilation aura
    Starting at the 18th level, whenever a creature start’s their turn within 10 feet of you, you can choose to deal 2d6 necrotic damage to them.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Negative magic (A sorcerer Subclass)

This isn’t bad at all.

I think the level 6 feature should require your reaction to do the damage.

The lvl 14 feels a little bland but at least should be 1 free use and 4 SP for additional uses.

I’m actually inspired to go back and rework my void touched Sorcerous origin. Thanks!
    Last edited by BerzerkerUnit; 2020-11-24 at 07:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BerzerkerUnit View Post
    I’m actually inspired to go back and rework my void touched Sorcerous origin. Thanks!
    Hey no problem!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey so funny thing is this subclass is based on the whole negative plane that nightwalkers are from. If anyone was wondering the inspiration.