New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default How long has it been since greysky and the guild in comic?

Out of curiosity, I was going over the whole "last breath ever" thing for belker and the "savor the birthday cake" comment from the oracle.

In D&D I'm assuming human and humanoid women still take the standard 9 months to get pregnant and give birth right?

I'm guessing belkers "death" isn't literal, but rather metaphorical. Coupled with minrahs advice to the belkster that if he changes, people will only know the "new" him, and they'll never know the old one, a death of character rather than the death of a character.

Then we saw "belker" die in this comic.

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0886.html

so even if his death is metaphorical, we also got a death of belker "as you know him" meaning the vile belker pre character development died and was not restored even in the illusion, with roy shrugging off his death as if he didn't care.

The reason I'm asking for the passage of time in comic, is that my wild speculation is that the woman belker shagged in greysky might come back into the story, getting pregnant, and the birthday cake comment will be a set up for that joke, and they'll reuse the same title of 1151 " Halfling Baby Steps Are Very Small" and eat the birthday cake and savor it.

WHAT A TWEEST!

The preceding message was a joke with some half baked theories thrown in for flavor. Proceed with caution.
    Vae Victus!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: How long has it been since greysky and the guild in comic?

It's unclear whether halflings and humans can interbreed. Also, it hasn't been nine months since Greysky; from memory, it was two weeks before Darth V, which would make it 3 1/2 months or so.
    Also, the level of straw-grasping involved in arguing Belkar's prophecy has a get out clause to it is verging on outright theft of haybales.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    Also, it hasn't been nine months since Greysky; from memory, it was two weeks before Darth V, which would make it 3 1/2 months or so.
    Turns out that was only a couple of days.

In comic 643, Kazumi mentions (2nd page, 10th panel) V's visit to the fleet was "days" since the sending spell sent during Battling the Greysky Thieves' Guild.
    Thanks to the wiki timeline for that one.
    From the Belkar death count (and my part 2), we are currently at 29 counted days, or barely a month.
    Besides literal counting, the maximum amount of days we can get is those 7 weeks (from #0666) plus a couple of days, or barely 2 months.

Personally, I don't think Belkar would get a kid, or some other non permanent death. We already had the baby plotline with Durkon, which also included a prophecy and the fact Durkon died (many times) to change. After dying, meeting god and meeting his baby, he is slowly becoming a different person. Not from evil to good, but from unsocial and following orders, to social and making his own choices (for the greater good of Thor). He also can put his past in a better perspective now.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Roughly two weeks passed from the Soul Splice and Familicide to the Order arriving at Girard's Rift. Another week from there to the Dwarven Council. So roughly three weeks have passed from the end of book four.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper