New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Psionic Energy Dice Question

Good afternoon, everyone.

I am sure that this has been asked and answered somewhere here before, but I couldn't find it. And maybe I'm just missing a general rule here, but I'm looking at the features of both the Soulknife and the Psi Warrior subclasses, and seeing that each get Psionic Energy Dice. While these are used by the subclasses in different ways, I'm trying to determine if they somehow stack in the amount that you get. For each class, it says that you get a number of these dice equal to twice your proficiency modifier. So if you made a 3 Psi Knight/3 Soulknife character, would you get 12 dice, or just 6?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Psionic Energy Dice Question

As we all know, it's not official-official unless it's in the Sage Advice Compendium or an errata. This makes sense to me as the way to handle it, though. (Why they named them the same thing, I don't know.)
    Last edited by meandean; 2021-02-09 at 05:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Psionic Energy Dice Question

Quote Originally Posted by meandean View Post

As we all know, it's not official-official unless it's in the Sage Advice Compendium or an errata. This makes sense to me as the way to handle it, though.
    Thanks for that. So you have both sets of dice, but can only use them on one set of powers. Seems logical, if a bit unique in how the game treats similar class and subclass features, like Spellcasting.

But thanks for the response!