New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deepa [Boruto] vs Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez [Bleach] (spoilers) also Superman vs a Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Cero of any sort aren't shown warping space time. They're just condescend spirit energy.
    You are correct we never see it do anything particularly interesting, but on-lookers specifically state it warps space. How they made that determination is anyone's guess.

"Just condensed spirit energy" means nothing. It's like saying a Naruto attack is "just condensed chakra". Or that Might Guy's attacks are "just raw physical force" - a particularly apt comparison because Might Guy does bend space, according to Madara, when he opens the 8th Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Razade
    Grimmjow also can't use Garganta on the same plane as far as we know. Only traveling between Hueco Mundo and the mortal realm and Soul Society.
    The actual process goes Earth <---> Void <---> Hueco Mundo, with Void <---> Dangai and Void <---> Soul Society also shown. Furthermore, Hollows aren't limited to single location at any end. We've seen Grimmjow leave and arrive at multiple places. So even if he has to take a detour through Hueco Mundo to get to a different place on Earth, the ultimate effect is similar to space-time-ninjutsu.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Deepa [Boruto] vs Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez [Bleach] (spoilers) also Superman vs a Ho

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    If you don't know what killed Barragan, then you shouldn't talk about him or how his powers work because you don't know. Baraggan was killed by his own power.
    Barragan survives Soi Fon's Bankai. Even after he's trapped in the Four Beast's Bakudo. Barragan dies because Hachi's hand gets touched by Barragan's power and he teleports it inside himself. Which ages him and he disintegrates.
    Ah, fair enough. I had forgotten that part. So since my memory has failed me once let me ask; did Barragan ever claim or prove an immunity to physical attacks? Because even if he survived Soi Fon's Bankai, Superman's laser vision is on a whole other level.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    You are correct we never see it do anything particularly interesting, but on-lookers specifically state it warps space. How they made that determination is anyone's guess.
    I think that's a misunderstanding on what caused the distortion honestly. They're discussing him being in his released stated in relation to that and only comment on the destruction caused by the cero itself. It's his Ressurection that causes the distortion. You see it with other Espada transform as well.

"Just condensed spirit energy" means nothing. It's like saying a Naruto attack is "just condensed chakra". Or that Might Guy's attacks are "just raw physical force" - a particularly apt comparison because Might Guy does bend space, according to Madara, when he opens the 8th Gate.
    That's what it is though. And, until you can show in manga where it says the Gran Rey Cero warps space, that's just something you and the wiki are claiming. Wikis are good resources but they're not perfect.

The actual process goes Earth <---> Void <---> Hueco Mundo, with Void <---> Dangai and Void <---> Soul Society also shown. Furthermore, Hollows aren't limited to single location at any end. We've seen Grimmjow leave and arrive at multiple places. So even if he has to take a detour through Hueco Mundo to get to a different place on Earth, the ultimate effect is similar to space-time-ninjutsu.
    You can claim it all you want, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Ah, fair enough. I had forgotten that part. So since my memory has failed me once let me ask; did Barragan ever claim or prove an immunity to physical attacks? Because even if he survived Soi Fon's Bankai, Superman's laser vision is on a whole other level.
    He claimed that Kido aged and that's why it couldn't contain him. If he can age big light walls I don't see why his power wouldn't effect laser beams either honestly. He aged Soi Fon's Bankai to explode prematurely as well so he's got quite the control over it.
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-11-26 at 05:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Well here is a Quora list of feats with pictures that New 52 Superman has done

and this is list from 2018, so, potentially two years out of date, but I don't think any Hollow has done anything to match or come closer to such feats.
    I don't doubt that. I don't think we've ever seen a hollow or Arrancar with infinite power or even close to what the scans on that site, but I'm just wondering if a theoretically infinitely strong Arrancar (infinite strength cero, infinitely fast sonido, etc.) as previously mentioned could beat new 52 superman without using their resurrecion ability? Because that's usually a specialized ability for them, whereas cero and sonido are commonly available to Arrancar. For example, could new 52 superman stop time or become completely intangible? Because then the theoretical Arrancar might need some other resources (specifically a resurrecion ability that could handle those defenses or attacks, all the way up to reality warping potentially depending on what new 52 superman could do).
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I don't doubt that. I don't think we've ever seen a hollow or Arrancar with infinite power or even close to what the scans on that site, but I'm just wondering if a theoretically infinitely strong Arrancar (infinite strength cero, infinitely fast sonido, etc.) as previously mentioned could beat new 52 superman without using their resurrecion ability? Because that's usually a specialized ability for them, whereas cero and sonido are commonly available to Arrancar. For example, could new 52 superman stop time or become completely intangible? Because then the theoretical Arrancar might need some other resources (specifically a resurrecion ability that could handle those defenses or attacks, all the way up to reality warping potentially depending on what new 52 superman could do).
    This seems like a very weird, specific question but okay. I checked the Vs Battles evaluation of New 52 Superman, There is apparently an ability of his to manipulate his atoms to phase through attacks among his many abilities

So yes, he can become intangible, I didn't think it was possible for him to do that, but apparently yes he can.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-11-26 at 06:38 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    This seems like a very weird, specific question but okay. I checked the Vs Battles evaluation of New 52 Superman, There is apparently an ability of his to manipulate his atoms to phase through attacks among his many abilities

So yes, he can become intangible, I didn't think it was possible for him to do that, but apparently yes he can.
    If cero or the other abilities couldn't handle that, then I think that answers the question. Though that might be more of a physics thing.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Doesn't Ichigo destroy a mountain basically on accident with a flick of his wrist?
    That was, if it's the scene I think you're referring to, a specific one-time only powerup that Ichigo was never able to achieve again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    And yes, you generally have to believe whatever a series tells you is going on. You don't get to just arbitrarily ignore things the characters and setting state they are capable of. At least not if you want anyone to take you seriously.
    It's not arbitrary...it's specifically contradicted by what's shown. One character says a Gran Ray Cero can destroy las Noches.

Another fires a Gran Ray Cero, and does not destroy Las Noches.

Unless you want to claim Grimmjow was somehow HOLDING BACK against Ichigo...the statements and in-series reality contradict each other. Every Gran Ray Cero fired inflicts fairly minimal destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    He's highly resistant, but certainly not immune. He took some superficial damage from both of Soi Fon's bankai attacks.

This implies that a large enough immediate burst of damage, or enough successive bursts of a lower level of damage would be enough to put him down.

I don't think Supes would need any special tricks against Barragan either. Isn't he immune to aging? There's a version of Superman that's like a billion years old or some ****.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    That was, if it's the scene I think you're referring to, a specific one-time only powerup that Ichigo was never able to achieve again.
    I'd say he got stronger later on during the Wandenreich invasion. Considering that Aizen didn't get weaker and characters like Kenpachi didn't either. As well as Ichigo fighting decently enough during that arc.

It's not arbitrary...it's specifically contradicted by what's shown. One character says a Gran Ray Cero can destroy las Noches.

Unless you want to claim Grimmjow was somehow HOLDING BACK against Ichigo...the statements and in-series reality contradict each other. Every Gran Ray Cero fired inflicts fairly minimal destruction.
    That attack hit Ichigo, I don't know if that means he nullified it, but I'd question what would happen if the attack missed and hit Las Noches instead.

He's highly resistant, but certainly not immune. He took some superficial damage from both of Soi Fon's bankai attacks.

This implies that a large enough immediate burst of damage, or enough successive bursts of a lower level of damage would be enough to put him down.

I don't think Supes would need any special tricks against Barragan either. Isn't he immune to aging? There's a version of Superman that's like a billion years old or some ****.
    He did take damage from the attack and he might well have taken more if he hadn't used aging on it to detonate it prematurely instead of directly being struck by it.

I'm not an expert in the series, but this is what I remember from the scenes and the wiki.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    I'd say he got stronger later on during the Wandenreich invasion. Considering that Aizen didn't get weaker and characters like Kenpachi didn't either. As well as Ichigo fighting decently enough during that arc.
    I dropped the manga after the Fullbring Arc, so I wouldn't know. I rewatched the anime about a month ago, and got a chuckle out of the fact that that's where the anime ends too.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmjow did not fire the Gran Rey (it has an E in it) Cero in Las Noches.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmjow did not fire the Gran Rey (it has an E in it) Cero in Las Noches.
    Yes, he does. Remember that anywhere with a blue sky is part of Las Noches; it is the entire dome, not just the "interior" portions.