New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1100
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia is all too happy to follow along as the pair start heading inwards. She's rather cautiously optimistic about all of this, frankly. Kitty's response does earn her a glance of surprise, however - "You know one of the leaders?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #1022

[Dragon Brunch]

Ambrosia nods. "Lady Mithar introduced me to her actually. I understand that she's working to understand the nature of gods which I attempted to help her with. The fact that I eat the kind of 'gods' that come from my world make me something of an expert. Though while I didn't tell her that at the time it likely wouldn't have been an answer that satisfied her anyway. She's looking for the greater gods and their motives which are usually questionable at best. For them to create such a imperfect world where living beings have to kill one another to survive they either have to be imperfect themselves or too alien for a mind to properly comprehend. Or that's my own theory anyway." The more classical idea of God would fall into the latter category.

"But I'm glad that she's making her talents useful here in HALO."

[Foxes on the Run]

"Ah, you're talking about the adventurer extraordinaire, the cat with more than nine lives, Reinholdt himself. I believe he would claim to just to be a secretary though. Which is strangely humble of him if you ask me considering all his accomplishments." Jaahlyn remarks as she walks.

But if Ana and Kitty are paying more attention to what's ahead of them they will notice a small common room ahead. Likely intended as a meeting room for guests. Situated on the couch is a white scaled woman with the lower body of some manner of sea serpent snoozing peacefully.

It looks like she has fallen asleep while sitting in the couch. Her head, with head fins rather than hair, lays leaned backwards over the back of the couch. Her mouth is wide open as she snoozes, displaying a row of sharp fangs.

On a small table in front of the couch is a service platter with two cupcakes that reads WELCOME! written in pink glaze.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-06-24 at 03:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Ambrosia and Reinholdt will indeed find Dorota in her laboratory. There don't seem to be any experiments going on right now. Instead, Dorota is reading from a thick binder. So engrossed she is in what she's reading that she doesn't notice them come in at first.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Foxes on the Run

Anastasia is all too happy to follow along as the pair start heading inwards. She's rather cautiously optimistic about all of this, frankly. Kitty's response does earn her a glance of surprise, however - "You know one of the leaders?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Foxes on the Run]

"Ah, you're talking about the adventurer extraordinaire, the cat with more than nine lives, Reinholdt himself. I believe he would claim to just to be a secretary though. Which is strangely humble of him if you ask me considering all his accomplishments." Jaahlyn remarks as she walks.

But if Ana and Kitty are paying more attention to what's ahead of them they will notice a small common room ahead. Likely intended as a meeting room for guests. Situated on the couch is a white scaled woman with the lower body of some manner of sea serpent snoozing peacefully.

It looks like she has fallen asleep while sitting in the couch. Her head, with head fins rather than hair, lays leaned backwards over the back of the couch. Her mouth is wide open as she snoozes, displaying a row of sharp fangs.

On a small table in front of the couch is a service platter with two cupcakes that reads WELCOME! written in pink glaze.
    [Foxes on the Run]

"Well whatever he calls himself around here." Kitsuki waves her hand dismissively. "We're old friends, from before he ever worked here and before I settled down in Riverside." She explains simply. Why is she so flushed right now, though? Maybe just a pregnancy symptom. Must be nothing.

But anyway, the task at hand. And there appears to be someone waiting here... if apparently not patiently. "We weren't that late." Kitty mutters. "Um, miss? Hello?" She raises her voice a bit, hoping that will wake the snake lady up. To accompany that, she snaps her fingers, which makes a crack sound louder than should be possible with her hand alone.

5. - Top - End - #1025

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia's eyebrows raise. Her mom knew some kind of famous treasure hunter? "Oh! That's cool. I uh, didn't know you ever did any adventuring." The kitsune doesn't really count her mom's ghostbusting business, or at least doesn't know enough to recognize that it can count as it. She assumes that it's usually a lot of going into people's attics and waving some sort of anti-ghost stick around or something instead of doing something actually badass, like running through ancient temples and swordfighting ghosts. Still, her interest is clearly a little piqued.

Fortunately, Kitsuki is saved from any further questions about her hypothetical adventuring career, what kind of cool stories she might have about it or inquiries regarding Reinholdt as the group reaches the common room. Whereas Kitty seems to focus on the fact that their presumptive host seems to have rudely fallen asleep in the span of waiting like 15 minutes, Anastasia's attention goes to what actually does welcome them in. This lady really went through the trouble of making these for them? She must be at least a little nice.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #1026

Foxes on the Run

"Life is an adventure, young miss. Since you can never be sure what comes next. Your mother have simply chosen to take a different path." Jaahlyn argues just before she turns her attention to the sleeping Zhareen.

She's not planning to stop Kitty from waking her.

"-zzzzah!" She awakes suddenly from her slumber and looks around. "-oh. Oh dear. I must have-" Her eyes focus in on Kitty and she gets up from the couch to offer her hand to the kitsune. "I'm Zhareen Teplos and I- must have fallen asleep at some point. How embarrassing." Her scales do seem to turn a slight shade of pink.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"I imagine living a life without fear of death comes with its own problems," Reinholdt says, a subtle hint of a smile on the cat's mouth, even as he mulls the idea over seriously. "Nor does perfection come without a cost."

It's boring for starters and tarnishes everything around it.

Further, more detailed thoughts on the matter would have to wait. For now, he hops up near Dorota with a light 'meowrl' as he does before clearing his throat. "Excuse us, Dorota?" He says to catch her attention. "We've come to see if you've made any progress on the paralytic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1028

[Dragon Brunch]

"Not having to kill one another to survive doesn't mean immortality." Ambrosia is quick to point out. "But I also think that we'd have a hard time imagining the alternative as you just indirectly pointed out. 'Perfection' is an as abstract concept as 'nothingness'. Anything we can think of also have downsides in some shape or form. But I think you still have to agree that the world could be a lot better than it currently is without it getting 'boring'."

But she then pauses as they reach the laboratory and patiently wait for Dorota to meet them.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Kitty puts her hand on her hip. "Right, well I was told someone would be waiting for us here. So were you expecting Kitsuki and Ana?" And Jaahlyn too, but I think you already know each other."

10. - Top - End - #1030

Foxes on the Run

"Um, hi," Anastasia greets with a shy little wave and a smile. She's standing behind Kitty ever-so-slightly, though she's not hiding behind anyone, tails waving behind her. "It's uh, nice to meet you."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #1031

[Foxes on the Run]

"Zhareen is one of the resplendent teachers within the fourth tower." Jaahlyn explains. "She takes care of the students, of which there are a lot. Some even of your age, Ana." Jaahlyn explains, ever the guide.

Unbeknownst to everyone but Zhareen here most of the older members stayed within the Malchenar branch of the fourth tower. Hence why this HALO branch is mostly teenagers.

Zhareen claps her hands together. "Yes, exactly. I might have gone here early. A bit, ah, too early in fact which, uh-" Maybe she shouldn't linger on the 'falling asleep' part.

She instead turns her attention to the platter of cupcakes and holds it up for Kitty and Ana. "-but I made you cupcakes! Here you go, I baked them myself in fact. You'd be surprised how important the ability to bake and cook is to a warlock. Despite that most ensorcelled don't even need food they still appreciate it."

She gestures to Jaahlyn as she puts away the platter once the two have taken their cupcake. "Yes, we know each other, but- I don't know about 'resplendent' but I am a teacher of sort, yes. Though some days I feel more like a mother." She chuckles. "Since I've been there for some of our members ever since they were even younger than you, young lady." Zahreen waves to Ana. "You are Ana correct? And a kitsune too if I'm not mistaken."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Dorota looks up from the binder, startled. She shakes her head and blinks. It seems she was in intense concentration over it.

"Oh. Um. Sorry. I... right." She straightens up. "I have a working substance. But I'm still trying to make sure it lasts for long enough without causing long-term or even permanent damage. The paper I'm reading concerns the subject."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"No need to apologize. Honestly just impressed you've gotten this much done in a day," Reinholdt assures Dorota.

"How long does a standard dose last as is?" The cat inquires.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2022-06-29 at 01:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1034

[Dragon Brunch]

Ambrosia cautiously enters Dorota's laboratory as she isn't sure she was allowed in here as a non-member. She's going to remain by the doorway just in case and watches as the alchemist and the cat interact.

"I don't know much about alchemy but that does sound impressive." She agrees. "Though, these chemicals can interact negatively with certain drugs, correct? Since it might be productive if Rein finds out if he's taking anything special that could cause him to have a adverse reaction to this."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Dorota tries not to look like she's proud, but she's not doing a very good job of it.

"Well, the paralytic itself is really the easy part. Fine-tuning it takes some time," she admits. "Right now, it lasts for five minutes at most. Any longer and it will start to cause nerve damage. And yes, the more we know about his physiology and health, the more I can adjust it."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Foxes on the Run

"Um, hi," Anastasia greets with a shy little wave and a smile. She's standing behind Kitty ever-so-slightly, though she's not hiding behind anyone, tails waving behind her. "It's uh, nice to meet you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Foxes on the Run]

"Zhareen is one of the resplendent teachers within the fourth tower." Jaahlyn explains. "She takes care of the students, of which there are a lot. Some even of your age, Ana." Jaahlyn explains, ever the guide.

Unbeknownst to everyone but Zhareen here most of the older members stayed within the Malchenar branch of the fourth tower. Hence why this HALO branch is mostly teenagers.

Zhareen claps her hands together. "Yes, exactly. I might have gone here early. A bit, ah, too early in fact which, uh-" Maybe she shouldn't linger on the 'falling asleep' part.

She instead turns her attention to the platter of cupcakes and holds it up for Kitty and Ana. "-but I made you cupcakes! Here you go, I baked them myself in fact. You'd be surprised how important the ability to bake and cook is to a warlock. Despite that most ensorcelled don't even need food they still appreciate it."

She gestures to Jaahlyn as she puts away the platter once the two have taken their cupcake. "Yes, we know each other, but- I don't know about 'resplendent' but I am a teacher of sort, yes. Though some days I feel more like a mother." She chuckles. "Since I've been there for some of our members ever since they were even younger than you, young lady." Zahreen waves to Ana. "You are Ana correct? And a kitsune too if I'm not mistaken."
    [Foxes on the Run]

"Um, thanks." Kitty takes the cupcake out of politeness and kinda holds it awkwardly. This is going directly to her thighs, isn't it? She'll let Ana reply for the moment. Zhareen seems capable of putting Ana at ease... hopefully.

17. - Top - End - #1037

Foxes on the Run

"Oh! Really?" Anastasia raises her eyebrows, surprised but also clearly a little interested in this. A mysterious school that teaches folks her age how to, I dunno, fight spirits probably? Kitty better hope she doesn't get any ideas here. She takes the cupcake she's offered much more enthusiastically, offering a polite thanks before immediately stealing a quick bite. Appetite comes quickly for her lately.

"Yeah, um that's me. Anastasia Haz' -er, Bellamy." She gives the merlady a friendly smile even as she corrects herself. "And, uh, that's kinda why we're here actually. We thought I was a kitsune, but there's been a few things that are a bit... different than usual for me lately, I guess." The foxgirl doesn't quite seem sure how to approach the topic - but the enthusiastic and friendly energy Zhareen is bringing seems to be allaying much of the nerves she has about it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #1038

Foxes on the Run

"Really? Well, you can lay it all on me in my office then young lady. It's just down the corridor here and through one of those tele-ta-pation devices." Zhareen gestures down the nearest corridor. "The students will no doubt be curious once they see you. Most of them haven't seen a single fey besides Jaahlyn and her serpent friend before."

At this point Jaahlyn speaks up. "Ah, yes. I forgot to mention that, my apologies. That would be Artie whose staying at the fourth tower at the moment. She's the contact within the fey court which I mentioned earlier. She used to be a mortal just a few months ago so she's pretty new to all this, just like you guys are."

Zhareen nods. "Yes, a serpent-person. A very curious lady. But kitsunes are more, ah, unique from what I can tell. Though let's talk more in the office shall we?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-06-30 at 02:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"Five minutes?" Reinholdt is... the bad kind of surprised. He was expecting an hour, fourty minutes at least. What kind of drug is done in five minutes? Not one he's interested in taking, that's for sure!

"Umm... well, that would certainly be ideal, but I don't think the approach I'm taking is going to give me any real insight into his medical history. We just don't have the information about the places he stays at either. I think you'd be best off referring to Khafir and the notes she gave us." Rein may get Klaus alone for awhile, but no matter how loud the cat meows, Rein suspects Klaus isn't the type to let the cat into the bathroom with him so Rein can pilfer the man's medicine cabinet.

"Maybe we should get a feel for how long we need? If we set up some proper backup restraints, extra strong straightjacket, chains, etc. and get him into those before the paralytic wears off, that could also cut down on the time. About how fast can you get from Skyside to VIGIL?" Reinholdt asks Ambrosia.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2022-07-01 at 04:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1040

[Dragon Brunch]

Ambrosia nods to Rein's point. "Yes, you're right. It's unrealistic to expect you to learn much about his drug habits without shadowing him as well so let's just go with Khafir's intel on the matter unless you happen upon something." Indeed, even if Rein shadowed Klaus he might still be able to hide whatever substances he took.

She had to start considering his paranoia more as judging by Khafir's information he was on par with her father when it came to secrecy. Being a double agent would do that to your mindset.

"As for how fast I can travel while carrying someone, it won't be an issue. I can protect him from the forces that would tear apart your bodies if you traveled at my speeds. So as fast, if not faster, than your flying transportation vehicles. I would have to keep him in my jaws though so don't panic if it appeared as if I just ate him." It's how she transported her human body around. Though she preferred not to mention that as the notion of her occasionally being covered in dragon saliva didn't go over too well with most people.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-02 at 07:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Kitsuki can't help but wonder to herself why everyone seems to know more about what kitsune are and are like than she does. Though she's not sure she believes yet that what this person knows is really all that concrete. She's heard her fair share of 'stories' over the years that are total nonsense.

For now she follows quietly. No reason to interject yet she thinks.

22. - Top - End - #1042

Foxes on the Run

”Uh, teleporter?” The look on Anastasia’s face is somewhere between trepidation and genuine intrigue. “I’ve never like, been through one of those.” A beat. “It… doesn’t hurt, right?” These mentions of snake folks and also possibly being even more special than that pique her curiosity, and she raises her eyebrows at that too.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #1043

Foxes on the Run

Zhareen points to Ana as she says the word. "Yes! That!"
    "But not as long you don't get philosophical about it, then it might hurt your noggin'." Zhareen replies as she taps the side of her head.

"But otherwise it's perfectly safe." She nods repeatedly as if to empathize this point. "Doesn't hurt at all."

"I've used it too and I can guarantee you that it's safe, miss Ana." Jaahlyn agrees as she starts to walk faster on her hooves. "In fact, I can use it first and send a message back in case you're concerned." It looks like she's planning to take the lead to the teleportation room.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Dorota nods solemnly.

"And that is why I need to research ways to make it last longer without harming him. I'm working on it, though." She's not sure what to think about Ambrosia's matter of fact description of carrying someone off as a dragon. "It's still wise to consider ways of restraining him otherwise, of course, but I'll find a way to keep him paralyzed longer too."

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

"I've used one before too, and it's fine. I don't think we need to waste any time. I'm sure Ana can take our word for it." She gives Ana a look for acknowledgement.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"Hmm... well that's a hard maybe in a five minute period. If you got to him right away. And there were no complications..." Reinholdt doesn't like having zero wiggle room though. Because there's always complications. The times that there isn't any, he doesn't have good stories to tell when out drinking or trying to impress Harley.

"Right, well, I'm a little less worried about how you'll handle him and more worried about what he might do to you if he snaps out of it while you're holding him, but I will definitely keep that in mind." Still, it's good to be forewarned that the dragon isn't eating the target, just holding him. Also gross.

Regardless, Dorota's on the problem and they have time for her to figure something out. "I trust you've got this. Thanks for the update. I'm going to have to purchase some special magical restraints as a redundancy once we have him. Fortunately I know... a guy."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #1047

[Dragon Brunch]

"If he somehow wakes up, can escape my maw, his restraints, and also have a way to survive the fall, I can always freeze him in a block of ice as a last ditch effort. He's unlikely to survive long in that state but it might be enough to get him to VIGIL to defrost him before he suffers hypothermia and expires." Ambrosia offers. "But the most difficult part of the plan is of course still to get him to me in the first place."

28. - Top - End - #1048

Foxes on the Run

"Yeah, uh, I think I can trust you three on this," Anastasia responds. And with that, the group shouldn't have any issues stepping into the teleporter.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

Foxes on the Run

And so they go through the ring transporters without any incidents.
    But as they are on their way to what seems to be the lobby of the compound Zhareen suddenly slows down. "Oh yes, I forgot to ask. Do you want to try to avoid the other members while en route to my office, Ana? Since I understand if you don't want to, ah, draw too much attention to yourself. Not that I don't think my students can't behave themselves. We learn to respect non-mortals around here." She nods sagely.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"I'd be less worried about him escaping at that point and more worried about him trying to cause you grave bodily harm from the inside," Reinholdt explains.

"Once I've got him paralyzed, we can attempt to meet up discreetly if that's an option, but at that point you can also probably crash through the roof seeing as how I should have him secured." The cat's tail flicks. "I couldn't say for certain which would be better until I've seen the place in question. I mean, it wouldn't be great for SIN, but they should have other safehouses."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast