New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

[The Doctor Is In]

"I would be exceedingly glad to update and enhance the Simulation Room for HALO, then. I shall get to it once I am settled in Enitan's old room." Svetlana responds, cracking her knuckles to show her readiness. "Fitting, as I intend to spend quite a bit of my time there when not in the lab."

When Reinholdt leans in all serious, Svetlana does the same in an unconscious desire to be closer to this attractive man. He starts speaking, though, and the smile fades from her face. She shakes her head to disagree, but can't say anything because she knows he's right. By the end of it all, she's left staring sadly at him, her ears droopy. She averts her eyes and focuses on the table, too occupied with her thoughts to pay any attention to Reinholdt's next words.

"Huh? No thank you, he's not Harley." She suddenly jerks up, clearly having missed most of what he said as she returns to her prior position of staring at the table. She produces a bottle of vodka and a shot glass from her inventory, using them to knock back 3 shots.

Once the third shot starts its effect on her brain, her eyes widen in realization: all is not lost! She could still ask her contact Annaliese, or track down Holly the half-elf investigator. Of course, Svetlana has little reason to think Holly and Harley are the same person. She looks up at Reinholdt, about to say what's on her mind... but decides to keep quiet. What if he demoralizes her again?

She returns the bottle and shot glass to her inventory, and gets up. "I have some thinking to do. I assume we are done here. Thank you for having me, I will find my way around." She starts to leave, still looking a bit down, and will walk out if not stopped.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2021-07-18 at 07:19 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

[HALO Sans Angels]

"That's why collaboration is so important. Two people working together actually output more than those two separately, especially when brainstorming." And a hundred people output less because no one can hear each other talk. There's some weird practical limits to the idea.

Venus gets patched up more thoroughly than Reinholdt did and will recover nicely in time.

"Well, since you're joining up, do you want to see the quarters first? Get acquainted with the rooms, maybe a small tour. A nap even. There was a lot of running." Reinholdt just looks for any excuse to nap. "Or do you want to head straight to the Fourth Tower annex and see what they might be able to do to help out with your magical and memory woes?"

[The Doctor Is In]

Reinholdt considers warning her not to spend too much time in the Simulation Room cause he still has a program he needs to work on in there. But he's been so busy lately he hasn't gotten to it in a while, so there wasn't any reason to fuss about it.

He finds her insistence on not being friends with someone because they aren't this one person she's heard about second hand to be most unusual. He can't help but suspect there's a lot more about this Harley search she isn't telling him. But his suspicions are buried by the realization he just ****** up. Really? He meant it as a warning, but even if the circumstances were different it was hardly thing someone who lost their spouse and child needed to hear.

Look, it's so bad she's pulling out her own vodka, despite the copious choices in Rein's liquor cabinet. Yikes. "Hey... I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." Rein struggles to find the words. "... Sometimes. Sometimes they come back." It was really all he could think to say and even then it didn't feel like the right thing to say. But he didn't know how to just stay silent.

If only it had been Ermine who had come back instead of Magtok. Or Melody. Or...

Reinholdt nods slightly to Svetlana, his tone muted and apologetic. "Yeah. Just pick up a Fel brand communicator by the door on your way out. If you need help or..." Or what? Need to talk? Not to Rein. "Well. Enjoy the base."

Once Svetlana heads out, Rein spends several minutes mulling over how much he wants to drink before going to see Harley. Cause he should probably talk to her about this, but he also wants alcohol and the latter was more important right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Reinholdt's Office - Mr. C]

"I dunno about that. I've heard the demons have been active still, just not as big active as the Riverside thing was." Reinholdt shrugs. Mr. C seems more interested in the Fey and that's fine.

"But I have no idea if fey are responsible for rats. That can be part of your research mission." Reinholdt never understood why the rat thing was a problem in the first place. Sounded an awful lot like free food to him. Humans are so picky.

"Oh, they have?" he replies. His expression is a bit of confusion, but he shrugs it off after a bit. Sometimes it seem you can'tget every information. Back at his old job in the library he could only know what was written down. Thought history recording evolved over the years tracking more recent events then recording them 400 Years after they happaned.

For Mr.C the whole rat thing is even more troublesome. Rats are known to be the mean Version of mice and be smaller then them isn't helping at all. Mr.C just suggested that question since he doesn't know much other events.
    "Sure, but can you tell me what the fey are doing that makes them intressting right now?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Headed to Townside]
    Honeysuckle will eventually reply that it's 'always something with trains' and hope that Marin 'will be here before too long '
    But she also wonders, asking what 'the guy was ranting about?'
    Her train ride is going smoothly enough, except for their being too many people.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #395

[HALO Sans Angels]

Although Venus likes the occasional nap, she's also aware that it won't really do anything for her outside of her church or in some sort of naturey place...maybe going outside into the ocean might be okay? But then she'd have to think about the saltwater...

"Is there some kind of greenhouse in here?" she asks as an incidental question.

"Probs best to get this Fourth Tower stuff out of the way first, actually. What would be best to figure out with them?"
    Thinking aloud helps her.
    "Like...most important thing, using them to find out how my magic works."

(([The Doctor Is In]))

It's probably relevant to mention that Harley's scene in GLoG where she's checking out their daycare services is coincidentally happening at the same time as this scene; that may or may not affect his decision to drink.

So both her and the baby are both not present at this time.
    Should be back soonish.
    If he chooses to drink, by the time she gets back, Rein could very realistically either be very drunk or very hungover.

[Headed to Townside]

Marin replies that she's 'not sure what it was about, couldn't hear much from here' but 'others are saying he just didn't make much sense, some kind of nonsense cultist maybe'

Eventually,
    after much ado,
    The catgirl arrives at the Townside Station.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt shrugs a little. "Attacks in Inside messing with memories. Some sort of name pony plague. A hot springs filled with succubus fairies. Whispers of a terrifying king growing in power and court. The fey getting attacked outside New Inside. I mean take your pick, there's a dozen different fey doing lots of interesting things."

"But we're not particularly interested in the here and now. At least I thought. Did I misunderstand your research specialty being history? Looking into past events can give us great insight into the future. Just get out there, trip over some fey and investigate their history. Then write it down." However history books are made.

[HALO Sans Angels]

"Greenhouse?" Reinholdt looks a little surprised at the question and thinks. "Uhh, no. Sadly we don't have a botanist on staff at the moment. Umm... we have the underwater tunnels that kind function like aquariums and are really neat, but also really distracting. Especially with all the fish." The fish are very distracting. And behind glass. Just the worst.

"Alright well. This way then." Reinholdt motions for Venus to follow him to the Fourth Tower.

[The Doctor is Out]

Well then. Reinholdt will shoot Harley a text that they 'have to talk' when she gets back. Something that probably could have been worded less ominously. Hopefully it doesn't leave her fretting the rest of the time at GLoG. If she asks what about, he'll just text her that he'll tell her when she gets here.

In the meantime, that leaves Rein to put on his ushanka to give his liver a little bit of a break as he starts to work on making sure he needs to restock this cabinet. He was already hungover earlier, so the cycle requires that he be drunk by the time Harley gets back. He can accomplish this easy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #397

Mr. C doesn't look as if caught on a bad spot, he smirks.

"You just mentioned it. There are so many different events I didn't hear from and they might be from different kinds of fey. History can give us a hint of the future, but the more we have a focus the more we can find out. I try to have a look into those and any events I can relate."

He then stands up assuming that was a clear 'get out' for him.

"Unless there is more, I should start now."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [HALO Sans Angels]

"That's why collaboration is so important. Two people working together actually output more than those two separately, especially when brainstorming." And a hundred people output less because no one can hear each other talk. There's some weird practical limits to the idea.

Venus gets patched up more thoroughly than Reinholdt did and will recover nicely in time.

"Well, since you're joining up, do you want to see the quarters first? Get acquainted with the rooms, maybe a small tour. A nap even. There was a lot of running." Reinholdt just looks for any excuse to nap. "Or do you want to head straight to the Fourth Tower annex and see what they might be able to do to help out with your magical and memory woes?"

[The Doctor Is In]

Reinholdt considers warning her not to spend too much time in the Simulation Room cause he still has a program he needs to work on in there. But he's been so busy lately he hasn't gotten to it in a while, so there wasn't any reason to fuss about it.

He finds her insistence on not being friends with someone because they aren't this one person she's heard about second hand to be most unusual. He can't help but suspect there's a lot more about this Harley search she isn't telling him. But his suspicions are buried by the realization he just ****** up. Really? He meant it as a warning, but even if the circumstances were different it was hardly thing someone who lost their spouse and child needed to hear.

Look, it's so bad she's pulling out her own vodka, despite the copious choices in Rein's liquor cabinet. Yikes. "Hey... I'm sorry. I didn't mean..." Rein struggles to find the words. "... Sometimes. Sometimes they come back." It was really all he could think to say and even then it didn't feel like the right thing to say. But he didn't know how to just stay silent.

If only it had been Ermine who had come back instead of Magtok. Or Melody. Or...

Reinholdt nods slightly to Svetlana, his tone muted and apologetic. "Yeah. Just pick up a Fel brand communicator by the door on your way out. If you need help or..." Or what? Need to talk? Not to Rein. "Well. Enjoy the base."

Once Svetlana heads out, Rein spends several minutes mulling over how much he wants to drink before going to see Harley. Cause he should probably talk to her about this, but he also wants alcohol and the latter was more important right now.

[The Doctor Is In]

Reinholdt is right, in part. Her crusade and obsession with punishing criminals had been cured with months of therapy, redirected more at scientific pursuits. Any vigilantism left in her saw new expression in bounty hunting and reconnaisance jobs, and she took pride in how much results she produced.

To learn of the possibility of never meeting Harley again, a target-turned-civilian, hit too close to home. Like telling her she's doomed to fail, just like she failed to keep it together after the losses she suffered. Even losing them was a failure, in itself. And yet...

Svetlana just barely nods as she walks out of the office, her body on autopilot. She barely registers picking up the communicator and making her way to the spot Enitan and Mirai marked for her on the HALO map file (after getting the right key, of course). She then makes a beeline for the bed and gets in a meditative position.

Right now, what she needs is calm.

====SCENE TRANSITION====

[Slavic Engineers] (aka [Airbase - Svetlana and Vlad])

Later that day, after Svetlana's found some semblance of calm, she sets about preparing to leave for the Airbase. Reinholdt mentioned something about a Vlad? That was one thing she picked up that was shelved for later viewing, later being 'now'.

As for Harley, she's contacted Annaliese to know how she's doing, and gotten the answer that she's fine and a mother now. After that, she begun to think on Reinholdt's words. Maybe it's time to let the issue rest and leave a woman who doesn't know of her existence, to live in peace.

She's jolted out of her thoughts by the sight of the airbase, and she just spends some time looking around the impressive space.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #399

[Reinholdt's Office]

Some time after Mr. C left, when the office seems empty of anyone but Reinholdt, Honeysuckle comes up, knocks on the door, and doesn't wait for a response before trying to open the door and sashay inside. "Hey fake-Reinholdt."
    She looks just like she did last time - fox ears, three tails, sci-fi visor, labcoat, backpack - no shapeshifting going on here.

"Wanted to talk to everyone?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Eagle View Post
    [The Doctor Is In]

Reinholdt is right, in part. Her crusade and obsession with punishing criminals had been cured with months of therapy, redirected more at scientific pursuits. Any vigilantism left in her saw new expression in bounty hunting and reconnaisance jobs, and she took pride in how much results she produced.

To learn of the possibility of never meeting Harley again, a target-turned-civilian, hit too close to home. Like telling her she's doomed to fail, just like she failed to keep it together after the losses she suffered. Even losing them was a failure, in itself. And yet...

Svetlana just barely nods as she walks out of the office, her body on autopilot. She barely registers picking up the communicator and making her way to the spot Enitan and Mirai marked for her on the HALO map file (after getting the right key, of course). She then makes a beeline for the bed and gets in a meditative position.

Right now, what she needs is calm.

====SCENE TRANSITION====

[Slavic Engineers] (aka [Airbase - Svetlana and Vlad])

Later that day, after Svetlana's found some semblance of calm, she sets about preparing to leave for the Airbase. Reinholdt mentioned something about a Vlad? That was one thing she picked up that was shelved for later viewing, later being 'now'.

As for Harley, she's contacted Annaliese to know how she's doing, and gotten the answer that she's fine and a mother now. After that, she begun to think on Reinholdt's words. Maybe it's time to let the issue rest and leave a woman who doesn't know of her existence, to live in peace.

She's jolted out of her thoughts by the sight of the airbase, and she just spends some time looking around the impressive space.
    [Slavic Engineers]

The airbase is a majestic sight, isn't it? Hard to believe anyone could ever pull it off. I mean, between its sheer weight and the existence if the square-cube law, it'd have to be, like, about half-composed of exposed engines to be viable, and yet here it is. Floating in just the way rocks don't. Technology's amazing, ain't i-

What's that sound?

At about this point, Svetlana's going to have a WWII-era single-man fighter plane go directly over her head, no more than half a meter clear of her, blaring music the whole way. It'll land a few hundred meters away, at which point Svetlana will be able to see it's being piloted by a large Russian man.

Ladies and gentlemen, Vladimir Lustig has entered the building.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

11. - Top - End - #401

[HALO Sans Angels]

"Huh, okay. Fish, right? That could work." Good enough to rest in.
    People might find her sitting or lying or something else in the tunnels. She'll try to stay out of the way.

She follows him to the Fourth Tower.

([The Doctor is Out]: Text message edition)

The message back is simply
    'okay'

Whether or not she has to spend the whole time fretting or whatever will hopefully be seen in my next GLoG post
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt just quirks an eyebrow at Mr. C's expression, confused. Largely because Mr. C has gravely misunderstood Rein's tone. His 'get out there' was not a 'LEAVE MY OFFICE NOW'. It was a 'Go forth and explore the wide, wondrous world young lizard'. Vastly different in intent.

"You're free to focus on any one of those things, but it has to be your choice, not mine," Reinholdt explains. Telling people what to do is all well and good sometimes, but he'd rather have a team that's self-motivated.

Either way, he's not going to stop Mr. C as he moves to leave. "Uhh, I guess that's all. Good luck."

[Reinholdt's Office - Honeysuckle]

The office is cozy. Nice rug, nice chairs, fancy desk, liquor cabinet, bookshelf, and even an antique looking record player, though it's actually one of those faux new ones that just look antique. A glowing purple crystal sitting on the desk stands out as does a red hood hanging on the wall for decoration, which is odd because it looks old and tattered with holes. You usually want something nicer looking than that.

Reinholdt's halfway through standing up when Honeysuckle opens the door. Gah! What? He never even considered they might just... open the door themselves. What if he were in a compromised position? How is he going to do his shapeshifting test on her now? He could walk around and what... touch her shoulders? That'd just be harassment! And deeply uncomfortable. But he has to test her somehow...

His plans shot, he sits down a little flustered, letting that fake Reinholdt thing slide for now. Even if he wasn't Reinholdt Prime, he was still Reinholdt! The Reinholdt that could have been without Astir.

"Right. Umm... Yes. Have a seat," Reinholdt motions for the chair across from him. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asks her nodding towards the liquor cabinet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #403

Default [Reinholdt's Office - Honeysuckle]

Oh, he seems anxious about something. Was the last person in here difficult?
    Is he up to something nefarious and losing his nerve now that the time for his evil scheme has come? No, Felandria trusts him, and he's a leader of HALO, he can't be up to anything too bad.
    Maybe it's a cat thing? But how to explain Juleka, then?
    No, Reinholdt's demeanor - which obviously has nothing to do with Honeysuckle's actions - is a mystery.

"That'd great. Some of the amaro on the left there?"
    She slides into the seat, leaned to one side.

"What makes the crystal...do that?" she asks, waving vaguely at the desk.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Slavic Engineers]

The airbase is a majestic sight, isn't it? Hard to believe anyone could ever pull it off. I mean, between its sheer weight and the existence if the square-cube law, it'd have to be, like, about half-composed of exposed engines to be viable, and yet here it is. Floating in just the way rocks don't. Technology's amazing, ain't i-

What's that sound?

At about this point, Svetlana's going to have a WWII-era single-man fighter plane go directly over her head, no more than half a meter clear of her, blaring music the whole way. It'll land a few hundred meters away, at which point Svetlana will be able to see it's being piloted by a large Russian man.

Ladies and gentlemen, Vladimir Lustig has entered the building.

[Slavic Engineers]

Svetlana's inbuilt motion sensors tell her something's coming (as if the sound wasn't enough), but the plane is too fast for her reaction time. She can only dodge down whilst looking up as the plane passes her, fixing her eyes on it with narrowed eyes filled with mixed emotion. Mostly, it's that she can't decide whether to be amazed at the man's carefree nature, annoyed that he came within an inch of beheading her, or both!

She walks briskly towards the landed plane with her lips pursed, ready to give the pilot a stern talking-to... but something about Vladmir stops her in her tracks.

Ah yes, it's a large Russian man, who'll probably offer her borscht whilst being larger-than-life... not that she's complaining, she does like her some borscht. "Vladmir? So, are you in the habit of trying to land planes on the heads of people?"
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #405

[Slavic Engineers]

Vlad grins at Svetlana as she approaches, running a hand through his hair to slick it back. "Ah, you worry too much." He chuckles. "I've got flight variance on this beauty down to about point two centimeters per meter. I'd have to actually try to take your head off.

Ah, but I'd sooner crash this plane than hurt a hair on your lovely head." He adds, with an eyebrow waggle. "I see you already know my name. What is yours?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

[Slavic Engineers]

Svetlana's eyes widen when he mentions the flight variance, her black-sclerae heterochromic eyes darting between the plane and its pilot. "Impressive!"

She sighs when he acts like that. Why can't more men comport themselves in the presence of an absolute goddess? She's a bit proud of her appearance, so she won't deny that she enjoys the attention on some level...

On the outside, she pretends to not notice his look. "Dr Svetlana Tanaka, cyberneticist. Motherland is Polish, fatherland is Japanese. And you are?"
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #407

[Slavic Engineers]

"Vladimir Lustig. But you knew that already." He smiles. "Mother and father were both Siberian. So is my brother." He shrugs. "A bit surly, though. So I had to leave at some point." He grabs a rag from a nearby stand and wipes his hands off with it, before tossing it over his shoulder. "So, anyway... welcome to my workshop! Make yourself at home." He walks over to his Hotbox and starts fiddling with it, quickly producing a mug of coffee for himself.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh thank Eve. The one person who wants a drink is the one person Rein really needs to want a drink. There can be some momentary contact while passing the glass he could use for his test.

"Certainly." Reinholdt says, standing as composure returns to him. He takes out the amaro, twin wine glasses and a corkscrew. As he gets the bottle open and pours a glass, he looks back at the crystal on his desk.

"Oh that? Best guess is the oxidation it absorbed in the breathable water. But no idea otherwise. I tested it for radiation and magic, but both came up with nothing." He shrugs a little. "But it looks cool, so I keep it." Doing so can't possibly backfire in any way.

He steps over and offers Honeysuckle her glass, his hand wrapped around so much of the glass it would be near impossible to take it without touching him. Which is when he'll spring his diabolical trap!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #409

"Breathable water?" That's not something you hear about everyday. Of course, maybe being in an underwater base, it's been more relevant for Reinholdt?

Honeysuckle pauses for a moment. Has he done something weird with the drink? No, he's just holding it too tightly. He really is nervous about something, huh?
    She takes the glass, brushing against his hand in the process, and falling right into his devious trap.

"So, what's meeting about?"
    Then she'll take a sip of the drink and smile. It's nice of him to be so hospitable, but there is kind of the impression that they should get to the point.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-07-23 at 12:43 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, there was a secret pool in the mountains with underwater caverns that stretched pretty deep. The water was entirely breathable there for some reason. Pretty sure it had to do with the mermaid transformation moss." It was an adventure!

Reinholdt seems to be at more of a leisurely pace. When Honeysuckle's hand closes over his momentarily, his other hand triggers something in his pocket and a vibrant scarlet streak runs through his hair, parting the blue ocean atop his head. It does nothing else and neither does Rein as he relinquishes her drink to Honeysuckle and turns back around to pour a glass for himself before sitting down.

"This is largely just a catch up and see where everyone's at sort of thing. Make sure people are getting what they need, including the motivation to work, direction if necessary, that sort of things. All an informal thing really." Reinholdt takes a sip and stares at Honeysuckle thoughtfully. "For instance, what projects have you been working on?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #411

"Huh." Breathable water. Wouldn't need to be a very good swimmer to handle that. Although you would still be underwater, which has its own problems.
    "Though if made the rocks like that, maybe wouldn't want to breathe it for long."
    "Neat, anyway."

Honeysuckle doesn't react to Reinholdt's changing hair color at all. Probably didn't even notice it.
    "Doin' fine. Not a lot of time ta work here after my actual job."
    She shrugs. Doing research at HALO doesn't pay the bills, that is what it is.
    "Well, once the plagues wrapped up, was working on the time machine jars mostly."

"Recently, not much done since was hospitalized. Something wrong with me, haven't figured out what yet. -I will."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

"I, um, hadn't considered that." Reinholdt and Harley spent a good deal of time breathing that water, amongst other things. It was awhile ago so if something would happen, it'd have probably happened by now. Other than Harley turning into a mermaid every time she gets in any water.

Rein tilts his head. "I'm sorry... what time machine jars?" This is the first he's heard of them! Sound important.

Just as important as her hospitalization! "And the hospital and our medical staff couldn't tell you what was wrong? Why were you hospitalized in the first place?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #413

Yeah. Spontaneous mermaid transformation, that's a pretty serious side-effect! Clearly the moss and the water are connected. Rein is just lucky he didn't end up as a mermaid as well.

"Oh, got these ancient time portals after a vacation a while back. They're in lab six. Seemed useful. But actually most the stuff you'd wanna do is a paradox and you can't." Honeysuckle gives a slighter shrug at that. "Been figuring out what they can do, since not nothing, you can get things from the future as long as you don't give them back in the present, you know?"

As for the medical issues, she shakes her head. She answers casually enough, but she doesn't like talking about it. Better have another sip of that drink, or two.
    "Oh, just collapsed suddenly. Organ shock or something. ...almost died, I hear. Whatever."
    "No, healers, I mean, can heal you fine, but that's just side effects. No one's 'n able to actually help."

It's actually a simple problem to fix, but it would take a certain sort of specialist to tell her which simple treatment she needs, and those seem to be in short supply.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-07-26 at 10:41 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [HALO Sans Angels]

Although Venus likes the occasional nap, she's also aware that it won't really do anything for her outside of her church or in some sort of naturey place...maybe going outside into the ocean might be okay? But then she'd have to think about the saltwater...

"Is there some kind of greenhouse in here?" she asks as an incidental question.

"Probs best to get this Fourth Tower stuff out of the way first, actually. What would be best to figure out with them?"
    Thinking aloud helps her.
    "Like...most important thing, using them to find out how my magic works."
    [HALO Sans Angels]

"Greenhouse?" Reinholdt looks a little surprised at the question and thinks. "Uhh, no. Sadly we don't have a botanist on staff at the moment. Umm... we have the underwater tunnels that kind function like aquariums and are really neat, but also really distracting. Especially with all the fish." The fish are very distracting. And behind glass. Just the worst.

"Alright well. This way then." Reinholdt motions for Venus to follow him to the Fourth Tower.
    [HALO Sans Angels]

Off to the Fourth Tower they go. Not a far walk, thankfully. They arrive in the foyer with it's many tapestries and the large, summoning circle rug. There's no one arround at present, but Rein knows that he just has to hit the little bell int he office to get someone's attention.

Assuming he does that and they wait in the foyer, a short while later the door on the back wall opens. A waft of fresh air and the smell of salt water accompanies the person that opens it, but it's just a small room behind her.

That aside, Rein is used to one of the acolytes being in charge of responding when the bell is rang, but this time it looks like they got none other than Vax. She stands out, both for being quite tall and apparently made up of plant matter. She wears a simple teal poncho emblazoned with a symbol. Sher looks at them both with blank black eyes that betray none of her inner thoughts. She nods to Rein. "Can we help you? Or your friend?" She turns her eyes on Venus.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

"R-right." Reinholdt only kind of gets it. He's not even sure what sort of future things he would grab if he could. Wouldn't you have to already know the future to really benefit from that? "Umm, just keep them in a temporal safety field. I trust you know enough of what you're doing with them. What was your area of expertise again?" Hopefully temporal mechanics is included in Honeysuckle's skill set.

His eyes are wider at her other statement. "Whoa, hold up. Organ shock's a serious problem!" Reinholdt would know, given he keeps trying to send his liver into shock. "And none of the doctors could tell you anything?" Rein shakes his head and thinks for a moment. If even Nurse can't get a read... there's only one person he can think of that could really help. Or at least diagnose the issue. "Have you ever heard of a person named Zee?"

[HALO Sans Angels]

Reinholdt looks surprised momentarily. He expected Onyeka or Korrina or maybe that cool monkey. But here was Vax. He recovers just as quickly, though wonders if this unsettled feeling is what people refer to when talking about his eyes.

"My friend today. Vax, this is Venus. Venus, this is Vax, one of the heads of the Fourth Tower here." Rein motions to each in turn as they get introduced and letting Venus explain why she's here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #416

Well, you can learn things about the future too. Just not too much!
    "Oh yeah, whole list of safety procedures." Although she doesn't have anything exactly called a 'temporal safety field'. But maybe future-Honeysuckle does, especially after this conversation. Now that Reinholdt has mentioned them, she can tell her past self about them. Perfect.
    "Specialty? Electrical generators, dynamos, wiring. But all do what HALO needs done, right?"

Honeysuckle shifts awkwardly in her seat and admits that yeah, maybe it's a serious problem.
    "Well, told me lots of things my problems weren't. Mean 'Zee' like, the barmaid?"
    Of course she knows that Zee, but it's hard to see how that would help. She's just an ordinary bartender. The most ordinary, in fact.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #417

[HALO Sans Angels]

Venus goes along and admires the foyer. Honestly, it's really nice. And lots of things to look at.

Venus is a slightly feminine woman, most notably having long red hair that goes down past her hips. Past her hips is a deer lower body, like a centaur. (She's wearing a long dress that was certainly made to fit a human woman.) Her ears are pointed, her eyes are purple and cat-slitted, and probably the next most notable thing is what's in her hair: just above her ears is a slightly-thorny vine that helps hold her hair in place, and growing in her hair are thin white flowers and yellow enflorescences flower balls. Smell pretty sweet, actually.
    She's also bandaged up after being shot in the shoulder earlier today.

Having a smallish deer lower body leaves her by far the shortest one here, especially because the other two are quite tall, so she has to look up at them both.

And, probably completely irrelevant and not sure if there's anyone who can sense magic and such or whatever around but she's definitely has strong affinities to fairy magic, obvious nature affinity, gluttony, dreams, illusions, and probably a couple other related things.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Venus says.

"So, first of all, earlier today, I ran into some kind of...mind-monster or something, in Inside. Possibly changed my memories, definitely changed some of my" Venus gestures at her face and head "features and, according to my friend, also changed something fundamental about me. But, um, all that is probably less important, there was another reason for coming here."

"So, bigger reason." She breathes in, out. "So, in order to deal with some cultists of mine, I need to learn how to do a kind of magic... I know that I'm definitely capable of it, but...I just have no idea how to do it or even how to practice."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, of course. All of those are good. Just asking for my sake, not HALO's," Reinholdt hurriedly assures Honeysuckle. "Especially since I think there was some worker's right issues with the electric mice a while back."

As if mice have any rights other than how they want to be served and eaten.

Maybe the problem with Honeysuckle's potential organ failure was beyond medical if the doctors could only tell her what the issue wasn't. Hmm... "Yeah, Zee the barmaid. You know her then. If anyone can help you, it'd be her. I highly recommend a visit." He thinks for a moment. If the issue was above the medical Zee was still the best choice but there was also... "I believe the quasi-librarian we have here is supposedly a divination ritual specialist? Maria. She may be able to find the source of the issue at least if you need a second opinion."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

[HALO Sans Angels]

Vax arches her brow at Rein briefly, but then refocuses on Venus. "It sounds as though you've encountered one of those risks that are so common in the Nexus. But let's focus on your task. Let me be clear, what we do here has nothing to do with harnessing an internal power. We manipulate external powers to our ultimate benefit. If you are looking to grasp this power you believe is inside you, we may not be able to directly assist you. That said, we may be able to help investigate what this power is." She explains. She's quite direct, not wasting a word.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

[HALO Sans Angels]

"Well, you're in good hands." Though maybe a little of a rocky start. That's ok, Rein has every faith that Vax'll be able to help somehow. "I'll leave you two to it. I have to go pick up my daughter. Contact me if you need anything ok?"

Unless he's asked to stay or add something in particular, he will nod to them both and gracefully step out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast