New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Tropical Compound

Artie nods and smiles at Zhareen's praise.
    "I guess so. So ah, should we go find your wife then? You lead the way." Of course Artie has no idea where the greenhouse is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Tropical Compound]

Zhareen raises her finger towards the ceiling. "Aha! Of course! Onward to the greenhouse then." And so she slithers out of the room.

But just as it seems she's gone, the merfolk peeks out from behind door she just left through. "Oh, and thank you Bontu." And then she disappears again.

To the greenhouse in the chase of her beloved wife.
    [Tropical Compound]

"Of course, Zhareen." Bontu bows slightly as the two depart.

To get to the greenhouse they step out into the plaza in front of the compound. It's quite warm and humid wherever they are now. They're not outside for long, but Artie gets a good look at the cobble plaza with a small tree, not much more than a sapling, growing in its center. The greenhouse is off to the side of the main building, and Bontu's tip may be paying off because the door is wide open. There are quite a few plants in here, some Artie could perhaps recognize, but many she couldn't hope to. What makes the space peculiar is the circle drawn in the middle of the large room; it is a warlock greenhouse, of course.

That's where they find Vax, standing just outside the circle and watching a plant with trailing vines in the middle. The diim looks up from her work as soon as the two enters. She arches a brow at her wife. "Zhareen, who's this?"

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Artie shifts immediately into a low bow (which is much easier for a serpentine person than folks of other shapes).
    "Hello Miss. I am Artesia of the Orobou. I ah, came to visit and your wife has been showing me the accommodations." she explains rather poorly. But it's a bit weird to say "the psychopomp at the door said you people would enjoy if I swung by so here I am."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Jaahlyn is staying out of sight for now. Not feeling like she should, uh, overwhelm the fourth tower leader. She heard you shouldn't surprise a diim. Might get you eaten, and not in the good way either.

Zhareen nods to Artie as she introduces herself and then look back to Vax. "Yes, she's an actual fey! No traces of yokai in her at all. I figured that we could learn a lot from her if we let her stay. Especially the younger ones, some of them haven't even seen a fey before. Can't leave them ignorant can we, hmm?"

4. - Top - End - #604

[Reinholdt's Office – Hottest]

"I..." Jules thinks. Specifically, he wants to know shapeshifters in the Nexus, right? Having met Felandria, she can confidently say that she's a different kind of shapeshifter. She shakes her head. "Well, I've heard about that Harley. Haven't met her yet, and hope to not," she says.

Speaking of Harley, Harley decides this is the best time to back off and turn away. Yeah. Rein's got it all handled.

And! Don't worry. She's eaten since coming to HALO.
    "I've eaten twice," Jules says. "One time, though, it was really gross and tasted like magic." And nachos. And strawberries. But mostly magic.

[HALO sans Angels]

Staying put for a little longer doesn't seem that big of a deal," Venus comments.
    She looks down to look at the new runes around her circle that are being drawn.
    And, she shakes her head. Nope, doesn't recognize them at all. Too bad.

"So, is it ready?" she asks, figuring it seems like the magic circles might be finished by now.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #605

[Main Room]

There are some NPC who do daily work here right? Someone has to clean the hallways and common rooms. So those people have brought in some plants for the looks and for the effect they should bring. These flowers have purple blossoms.
    There effect is to increase passion of those nearby. It may lead to some more cutains or whatever passion the people have that needs a boost.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

"You keep saying that about Harley. Could you elaborate? Why would you be so set against meeting her?" Just something Rein notes. For someone who claims to know very little, they sure seem to have a thing against Harley.

"Twice... today? Well I was going to suggest we head over to the Kitchen and I get you some lunch while she goes to get you the cure for the meme virus." Rein nods at Harley, reluctant to use names in this situation. Maybe call her Carlie? Maybe Jules sees through that name pun like Rein eventually did. Less convincing without the bunny ears too. Either way, sending Harley to fetch something might give her some much needed breathing space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Skybase Airfield]

Vlad puffs up a little with pride. None of the fabfiles involved came from him, of course, but he still got a twinge of satisfaction from being able to play genie for a genie. There was a delightful irony to that.

"So." He begins, tucking in to his own (by now mostly cold) meal. "They have vending machine steaks where you're from?"
    Skybase Airfield

”No but they do have TV dinners in machines for emergencies. They’re not very good but sometimes people need something and don’t want to go far.”

8. - Top - End - #608

[Skybase Airfield]

Vlad nods slowly, already wondering about the logistics of that. TV dinners in a vending machine? How did they keep those from going bad? Or did they not and that's why they were considered emergency food only?

Eugh. Thank god for Hotboxes.

Vlad frowns and switches the subject again. "So... you said you have a library up in Skyside? That's a pretty dangerous place, isn't it?" He pokes at his food plaintively. "But if you need to be there soon, I'd be glad to take you. These birds need to get in the air every now and then, after all."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Skybase Airfield

"It's only really dangerous in certain places, and especially if you're already vulnerable. All the worst things that have happened to me have been outside the city.
    I'd love a ride. Though I suppose I could also fly myself there if I knew the way."
    she remarks, having shifted into a bipedal orange dragoness at some point Vlad was blinking.

10. - Top - End - #610

[Skybase Airfield]

"No worries. I've been to Skyside a bunch of t- HOLY HECK." Vlad jumps back when Anri changes shape abruptly. From his perspective, he looked away for two seconds and the cute horned girl was replaced with a winged lizard. Such an unanticipated and unannounced change was more than a little startling. "Gah! Don't do that!"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Skybase Airfield

"Why? You wished that I had perfect form control. Shouldn't I have some fun with it?" she asks. It's warm just being around the dragon.
    "I'm pretty sure if I slowed down the process it would only be creepier to watch."

12. - Top - End - #612

[Skybase Airfield]

"...That's true. I did do that." Vlad concedes. "And you're right, slowing it down probably wouldn't... is it just me, or is it hot in here?" He wipes the sweat off his forehead before continuing. "I don't know, maybe just give me a warning or something when you're about to change?" He sighs and goes to prepare one of the planes for the journey. "I mean, there isn't much that's more startling than having a dragon pop up in front of you, unexplained."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Skybase Airfield

"Fair enough. Let me try something else." Her form blurs again, this time with her upper body returning to her previous form with her lower body akin to that of a large spider.
    "Hmm. This feels a lot different when I actually have nerves and hair..." Anri ponders, following Vlad.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Artie shifts immediately into a low bow (which is much easier for a serpentine person than folks of other shapes).
    "Hello Miss. I am Artesia of the Orobou. I ah, came to visit and your wife has been showing me the accommodations." she explains rather poorly. But it's a bit weird to say "the psychopomp at the door said you people would enjoy if I swung by so here I am."
    Tropical Compound

Jaahlyn is staying out of sight for now. Not feeling like she should, uh, overwhelm the fourth tower leader. She heard you shouldn't surprise a diim. Might get you eaten, and not in the good way either.

Zhareen nods to Artie as she introduces herself and then look back to Vax. "Yes, she's an actual fey! No traces of yokai in her at all. I figured that we could learn a lot from her if we let her stay. Especially the younger ones, some of them haven't even seen a fey before. Can't leave them ignorant can we, hmm?"
    [Tropical Compound]

Vax looks at Artie more closely now. Her pure black eyes fix on the fey, unblinking. "A fey, truly? And what brings you to us?" She asks simply.

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [HALO sans Angels]

Staying put for a little longer doesn't seem that big of a deal," Venus comments.
    She looks down to look at the new runes around her circle that are being drawn.
    And, she shakes her head. Nope, doesn't recognize them at all. Too bad.

"So, is it ready?" she asks, figuring it seems like the magic circles might be finished by now.
    [HALO sans Angels]

"Yes." Vax says as she makes the last few markings. She goes back over to the cabinet and produces a teapot. Steam wafts from its spout, as if it were just recently heated. She comes over to Venus a moment later with two teacups. "Enjoy." She hands one over and sips her own. The contents look like regular tea. They even taste like it, though perhaps an especially bitter brew. "It'll take effect in the next few moments. I'll proceed with the conjuring in the meantime."

Vax steps into the second smaller circle she'd been working on and turns toward the large center circle. She starts to speak in a language foreign to Venus. The same language as the runes? Something else entirely? Vax is quite relaxed as she does this. This particular ritual is no great challenge.

As Venus waits, she'll notice a shift in her senses. Her vision clears. It's too clear, almost hyper real. The sound of Vax's voice in her ears seems to wash over her, like it's exerting a physical pressure. There's something like the smell of ozone in the air. Her attention may be drawn to the cabinet; she could almost swear she hears rustling inside it.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Artie is very confused by this statements, as by all accounts Jaahlyn is also an actual fey. Perhaps Jaahlyn has hidden her nature?
    "I was in the area to ask the HALO staff for a job. My nature does not mean my body does not need to eat, and that costs money. While I was here I was convinced to stop by and your wife insisted that she could offer me accommodations to my shape." she explains to Vax's question.

16. - Top - End - #616

Tropical Compound

Zhareen shakes her head and chuckles. "You sound like a scientist describing a machine, dear. But yes, some work have never done anyone any harm and everyone in here do their part." Though some lazed around from time to time...

17. - Top - End - #617

Skybase Airfield

"Fair enough. Let me try something else." Her form blurs again, this time with her upper body returning to her previous form with her lower body akin to that of a large spider.
    "Hmm. This feels a lot different when I actually have nerves and hair..." Anri ponders, following Vlad.
    [Skybase Airfield]

"...Arguably worse." Vlad mumbles, popping open the cockpit to one of the various two-seater planes in the hangar. "Right. Well. If you can fit in here, I suppose whatever form you use is really your business, isn't it?" He smiles and starts going over the instruments, giving Anri time to get settled in.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Skybase Airfield

"Well, I'm going to be in your passenger seat for a while so what would you like? We need to work out your other wishes anyway." Anri suggests
    "I guess I should be something that can use a seat..."

19. - Top - End - #619

[Skybase Airfield]

"In other words, something with a butt." Vlad replies without thinking. It takes him just a second too long to realize what he said, at which point he facepalms and wordlessly closes the canopy.

If there's no trouble in-flight, they'll arrive at Skyside within the hour.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Artie is very confused by this statements, as by all accounts Jaahlyn is also an actual fey. Perhaps Jaahlyn has hidden her nature?
    "I was in the area to ask the HALO staff for a job. My nature does not mean my body does not need to eat, and that costs money. While I was here I was convinced to stop by and your wife insisted that she could offer me accommodations to my shape." she explains to Vax's question.
    Tropical Compound

Zhareen shakes her head and chuckles. "You sound like a scientist describing a machine, dear. But yes, some work have never done anyone any harm and everyone in here do their part." Though some lazed around from time to time...
    [Tropical Compound]

Vax keeps her eyes fixed on Artie for a moment longer before looking back at her work. She pinches a withered leaf off the plant. "The members of Halo are quite accommodating. I'm sure they'll assist you. Though perhaps not as accommodating as my wife." She glances at Zhareen. "But if we can pick your brain on a few matters I see no reason we can't provide you shelter for the time being."

21. - Top - End - #621

Tropical Compound

"She's not being literal of course." Zhareen is quick to point out. She knew that her wife could unnerve some people and she wasn't sure how much fey knew about mortal expressions so she figures it's best to.

"We'd just like to ask you some questions is all." She moves behind Vax and affectionately puts her arms around her neck and leans onto the diim, resting her chin on top of her wives head. "If you think you can handle the supreme duo that is." Zhareen let's out a giggle as she seems to be enjoying closeness to Vax.

22. - Top - End - #622

[HALO sans Angels]

Venus does her best to keep the tea down, since it tastes pretty awful, she thinks. Making a face at the taste would be pretty rude, so she also turns away so Vax can't bsee how rude Venus is being. "Um. Thanks," she says to show that she probably enjoyed it, in spite of what her face says.

Luckily, with Vax distracted by working on the circle, this gives Venus time to try to push down the aftertaste.
    Also to get used to the change in her senses.
    This is like...
    the fourth?
    fifth?
    time she's experienced this sort of thing so she just decides it's best to ignore all the weird feelings and weird things she can suddenly notice, and pretend it's all the same as normal.

Jules nods. "She's the reason prejudice exists," she says, forgetting that she's not from the only world in the cosmos where people invented prejudice and that it's totally unreasonable to blame one person for something like that, "and when I escaped to here, she followed and made such a huge messy splash of everything that I can hardly go anywhere without someone asking if I know her."

Well, speaking of food. It makes Jules have to admit that she's hungry. "No, just....twice." Not twice today. Just. Y'know. Twice.
    Her mouth starts salivating. "As long as it doesn't taste like magic."

So
    Harley, who has bitten her own lower lip, nods.
    "Yes, I'll go get it."
    She immediately leaves, glad for the space he's giving her.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-10-25 at 03:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

Artie nods.
    "As I've told Zhareen, I'm still a bit new to my status. But I will do my best to answer your questions to the best of my ability." she says sincerely.
    She's really not going to be able to give them much information though...

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

[Reinholdt's Hot Office –> Cool Kitchen]

Reinholdt gives a nod of thanks to Harley as she leaves and a sympathetic attempt at a smile to cheer her up.

He turns his attention back to Jules for a contemplative moment before motioning for her to follow. "Are you sure you're not the one being prejudice? The first shapeshifter I met when I got to the Nexus was a person named Happy. A lot about what I know of shapeshifters comes from her." She has nothing to do with Harley or Jules!

Which is kind of the point.

The kitchen awaits as long as Jules followed far enough to get to it and didn't eat Rein or run away. "Do you want a frozen pizza, a sandwich, or I dunno... something else? I can cook you up something if you want to wait." Rein's ok at cooking. Just... ok. He opens up the fridge to let Jules peer inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #625

[-> Cool Kitchen]

Jules follows him.

She doesn't really have a good answer to him.
    Ugh.
    She hates thinking about thinking, and that's what this conversation is making her do. It makes her feel that her thoughts aren't really hers, sort-of.
    She doesn't answer that.

Getting to the kitchen, she answers that question, though. "P-pizza," she says. "As long as it doesn't taste like magic." Literally the worst taste ever.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cool Kitchen]

Rein's an expert at conjuring uncomfortable thoughts.

"It tastes like quick heat pizza. So... pretty bad, but not magic." At least it has some positive qualities.
    Rein pops it into the oven and takes a seat while they wait for a moment.

"So... are you not a three meals a day person then? How long have you been in HALO anyways?" Two meals divided by... umm... It's some math number. Rein just expects it's not a good math number.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

"She's not being literal of course." Zhareen is quick to point out. She knew that her wife could unnerve some people and she wasn't sure how much fey knew about mortal expressions so she figures it's best to.

"We'd just like to ask you some questions is all." She moves behind Vax and affectionately puts her arms around her neck and leans onto the diim, resting her chin on top of her wives head. "If you think you can handle the supreme duo that is." Zhareen let's out a giggle as she seems to be enjoying closeness to Vax.
    Tropical Compound

Artie nods.
    "As I've told Zhareen, I'm still a bit new to my status. But I will do my best to answer your questions to the best of my ability." she says sincerely.
    She's really not going to be able to give them much information though...
    [Tropical Compound]

"New?" Vax questions with idle curiosity. She puts a hand on Zhareen's arm, but otherwise doesn't shift her focus. "New in what way?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [HALO sans Angels]

Venus does her best to keep the tea down, since it tastes pretty awful, she thinks. Making a face at the taste would be pretty rude, so she also turns away so Vax can't bsee how rude Venus is being. "Um. Thanks," she says to show that she probably enjoyed it, in spite of what her face says.

Luckily, with Vax distracted by working on the circle, this gives Venus time to try to push down the aftertaste.
    Also to get used to the change in her senses.
    This is like...
    the fourth?
    fifth?
    time she's experienced this sort of thing so she just decides it's best to ignore all the weird feelings and weird things she can suddenly notice, and pretend it's all the same as normal.
    [HALO sans Angels]

Venus will have to pretend that she's not aware of a presence in the larger circle. She can't see it, but she knows it's there, plain as can be. And then, visually, an eye opens in the center of the circle, bright blue and piercing. It stares at Vax for a moment, then vanishes. The presence is with Vax now. She turns to Venus, one eye black and the other piercing blue.

"Let's begin."

She should now be able to observe Venus's 'concepts'. As in, images, words, and/or other things that would represent who she is and different parts of her personality. These would be seen on her skin and clothes, perhaps even poking out from inside her. Examples of this would be her self-image (being seen like a transparent 'shell' around her), her ideals and vices (or at least things she considers to be ideals and vices), different parts of her personality, and of course any special abilities she might have. How or if these are represented is decided by her player, of course.

28. - Top - End - #628

[Tropical Compound]

Zhareen tilts her head curiously but doesn't add anything to Vax's question as to not overwhelm Artiesa. It was two against one after all.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Tropical Compound

"New as in I have only been fey for 48 hours." Artie answers bluntly. Didn't she already mention this to Zhareen? Or maybe she forgot. Things have been moving so fast.

30. - Top - End - #630

[HALO sans Angels]

Pretend there's not a larger presence there?
    That's probably possible.
    Probably comparable to pretending ghosts aren't there or whatever.
    ...not that she can see any ghosts. But it's probably pretty comparable, she supposes.

Venus stands there, wondering if she's supposed to do anything or just stand there.

The first thing that can be 'seen' are a few distinct smells. First, a sweet, incredibly enticing smell. Second, a bitter, irritating, acrid smell that's more pain than scent. Third, a somehow-sanctified and holy scent, and fourth, a fragrant, perfume-like scent. Alongside that, there's also the visual of vines that move like snakes.
    Next, faint colors. A warm, motherly orange, a blonde, a shimmery pale blue like with the rainbow like a bubble about to pop, a vibrant yellow, a blue hidden behind a pink, all with a red and white field. Wow, colors are pretty generic, aren't they? Probably not that helpful at all. Very clearly, though, they represent her personality, things about her, and things she cares about.
    Her centaur-like body shape seems to be the focus for the rest of it: her human-like upper body has nine names swimming around on it. Well, there's only eight names that can be read, but there definitely are nine. Definitely names, though. All hers.
    Meanwhile, on the deer half of her body, actual shapes are forming out of her signifying her abilities. Flowers - several types, but especially poppies - growing from her. A large, gaping mouth that seems to just consume. A basin of water on her back that's clearly(?) holy, probably. Spider webs blowing as if in the wind. Black painted-on eye designs. A very clear feeling of attraction and enticing.
    And, finally, and possibly most significantly, there's a clear string or connection or wire or something coming off of her back, reaching far far away from this place, to...somewhere. It's red and wet with blood. If you ask her about it, she'll probably just give an evasive answer, probably.

[Cool Kitchen]

Jules
    is grateful that it won't taste like magic.

"I...I don't know how long? I left for a little bit but. I dunno."
    She's not sure, actually.
    She looks away.

OH RIGHT.
    She still kinda looks like a female version of Magtok.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.