New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Next Day]

In fact, she cannot visit.
    Because the patient has already been discharged. They say Ginger Spice recovered unusually quickly for this kind of ailment, but they couldn't find anything wrong, so she got to leave this morning.

That's good news, right?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [The Next Day]

Oh, no!
    Ginger Spice is gone!
    At first, Lucky Charm is worried but upon finding out it's because she recovered, then she's relieved again. She thanks the nurse and

goes looking for Ginger Spice.
    The obvious first place to look is the lab. If she's not there, then her bedroom next. If she's not in either of those places, then she has no idea where to look other than to just wait around until later.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #63

Default [The Next Day]

Luckily she's just in the lab, sitting by a bench and measuring strips of fabric.
    "Hey Ma- Lucky Charm~. 'm okay. I guess."
    "You?"
    Hopefully she's handled the effects of the collar alright.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #64

Default [The Next Day]

Lucky Charm walks closer and watches.
    She's wearing a turtleneck again. "Accidentally took some of your clothes yesterday, sorry," she says. "You only had to call me that for yesterday, Ginger Spice," she says, reminding her even if she can't remember if she actually said aloud that's what they were going to do. She smiles, though. It's a good nickname.

She waits until Ginger Spice is at a decent place where interrupting her wouldn't mess up anything. At that point, she sneak-attacks with a hug. "I'm doing great. Had a boringly normal day. So glad you're alright. You recovered so quickly, too!" The collar doesn't really do that much when she's far enough away from the person who grabbed it, anyway. So there wasn't really anything to worry about.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #65

Default [The Next Day]

"Mhm. Accidentally, course. Can just put there by the oscilloscope."
    Right as the sneak attack happens, Honeysuckle turns around to hug Marin as well. Seems that she must have seen it coming.

"Congrats on a normal day. Yeah, recovering too fast is kinda worry too, ya know."
    "But first, 's deal with that color."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66

Default [The Next Day]

Oh no!
    Marin must not have been sneaky enough.
    She'll have to practice.

"Thanks."
    After the hug is released, she takes the folded clothes over to the oscilloscope.

"Did they end up finding what caused it? Was it a curse or omen or something? Or was it just overexertion?" Marin asks, walking back. She finds a place to sit nearby. With the col..."Oh! Yes, we can do that. As long as you think you're well enough. It could be that you recovered superficially but still need more time to...build up your stores? of stuff? or something like that. And! If anything happens, this time I actually know which direction the infirmary is."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Simulation Room]

Harley better not be waking up handcuffed to Magtok or there will be sooo much drama they could write a trashy romance novel about it.

At least Manja's unconcerned. Ah to be young and carefree. Certainly beats being old and carefree.

Reinholdt's first instinct is that he got the wrong room. He steps back out, looks around. Huh. Pretty sure this was it, but just in case, he tries the next room over. Which yields the same results. Well that's definitely not right! "What is going on?" He thought all these rooms at least had beds in them.

In his distraction, he stopped petting Manja, oh no!

[Felandria's Office]

Magtok raises an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure it was you who cajoled me into joining up and- waitaminute!" Not only were they getting off track, but Felandria was actually trying to hug him?! It's even worse because he's smaller and slower than Felandria and trapped in the comfy chair so it's not only impractical to avoid the hug, it's also improbable.

So he's forced to accept the hug, though he disengages it as quickly as possible before things become icky and lingering, covered in the stench of forlorn goodbyes and sinking guilt. Best to carry on and pretend that didn't just happen, though now Magtok is standing and backing up. He doesn't expect she'll hug him again, but the risk of getting punched in the face over the next part, however unlikely, still exists. And he quite likes his face today. "Although it would be more accurate to say I resigned ten minutes ago when I destroyed your emergency escape vehicles and took your portal systems offline. It's nothing personal, I assure you. Just business."
    Felandria continues to lean over Magtok post hug, her mind calculating the situation.

Even though they’ve been friends for years at this point, Magtok is still not one to accept hugs, but he did break away quickly.

There is only one way to settle this conundrum.

Felandria reaches out to grab Magtok by the throat and lift him to eye level.

When you left, you sent me a letter.

You sent something with the letter.

Tell me what it was or I’m going to hurt you very badly.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Simulation Room]

Hey!
    It only happened once.
    Harley's not planning on becoming the protagonist of a trashy novel any time soon.

Manja realizes something's wrong when she suddenly stops getting pet.
    She opens her eyes and looks up at her father, trying to see what's wrong. Obviously he's distressed, so there's obviously something wrong.
    [Simulation Room]

Manja moving does catch Rein's eye and he looks down with a reassuring smile and a more reassuring pet. "It's fine. There's a rational explanation for this. I just don't know what it is yet. I can fix it."

Rein does check a few more rooms. To his relief, some of them have beds in them, but they're all fairly generic and it's like no one's living there at all. Which might be the case. HALO doesn't have that many members. Enough, but Rein really needs to get back to recruiting some talent.

He is distracted, however, when a loud explosion goes off nearby, shaking him and nearly taking his footing out from under him. But what makes his face pale is the sound of rushing water.

[Felandria's Office]

Magtok's avoiding a second hug and getting punched, he's definitely not going to let himself get grabbed by the throat! As he ducks away from her extended reach, though it does back him into a corner.

"Well I was going to say something about leaving before the guilt sets in, but now I think I'm just going to do it before bodily harm becomes a factor. I've paid my due by giving you a heads up. Ciao." Part of the deal with Doctor Affidivat included getting his personal telewarp system back online and it's already paying off. He dematerializes before Felandria's eyes, escaping the demi-goddess' wrath for now. Let his two enemies fight it out while he profits from a distance and picks up the scraps from the fallout and maybe take out whomever's left. Or play them against someone else. He hasn't decided yet.

Felandria has about a minute left to react before an explosion rocks a distant section of the base, approximately near where the dorms are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #69

[Simulation Room]

Manja gets reassured with Rein's actions. His calm tone, his calm touch, . . .

Something that doesn't reassure her, though?
    A loud explosion.
    She jolts and her claws dig in and she holds on tight. Can't even make a noise.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-19 at 04:48 PM. Reason: forgot the word 'room' in the location tag
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #70

Default Re: [The Next Day]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Oh no!
    Marin must not have been sneaky enough.
    She'll have to practice.

"Thanks."
    After the hug is released, she takes the folded clothes over to the oscilloscope.

"Did they end up finding what caused it? Was it a curse or omen or something? Or was it just overexertion?" Marin asks, walking back. She finds a place to sit nearby. With the col..."Oh! Yes, we can do that. As long as you think you're well enough. It could be that you recovered superficially but still need more time to...build up your stores? of stuff? or something like that. And! If anything happens, this time I actually know which direction the infirmary is."
    Honeysuckle is hard to sneak up on. But hopefully Marin will manage it one day.

"Not a curse or omen or virus or overexertion. Maybe a ghost thing? Like, my eyes got confused what should do." She give a sad shrug.

Then Marin gets her to laugh. "Hopefully no infirmary this time. Sit on that chair on the spinny platform, 'n uncover your neck."

The foxgirl's ears flick over towards the door. "'s that an explosion?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #71

Default [The Next Day]

All she has to do is get better at sneaking. Catgirls are known for their sneakiness, right? She just needs to channel her inner catgirl.

"Well, eventually you'll find out," Marin says. She hopes eventually they'll figure it out.

So, Marin goes over to the chair on the spinny platform. She sits, and starts to roll her shirt-collar down. "'kay."

At the mention of the sound, she turns to look in the direction of where that sound came from. Possibly came from a room that wasn't included in her tour yesterday. "I...I'm not sure? I heard something, but I don't know if it was an explosion or what."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-12-19 at 05:47 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #72

Default [The Next Day]

Hmm, cats are. I'm not sure if catgirls get the sneaky part of the cat...

"Well, probably fine."
    Honeysuckle just hopes that finding out doesn't come in the form of collapsing or catching on fire or anything similarly bad.
    "You just stay really still."
    Ginger Spice starts up her contraption, and the clamps and sensors they worked on yesterday swing down, and the platform spins Marin and the chair around to line the mechanisms up to her neck, over the implant. The foxgirl goes to slide the shiny cables in their metal frame beneath the collar, on the side of her neck where it's going to be cut.

If Marin is having any second thoughts about the risk of getting paralyzed, she should speak up soon.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #73

Default [The Next Day]

Catgirls probably definitely get the sneaky parts of the cat. How else are they supposed to hunt for food if they're not sneaky? You can't just snatch food off of someone's plate if they're looking at you, after all.

Lucky Charm doesn't nod.
    Nodding would be bad, actually. In fact, speaking could be bad because it would move her jaw and maybe even other parts. Instead, she just makes an 'affirmative' grunt to Honeysuckle.

Getting possibly paralyzed is worth the risk, is what she thinks. So it's really just a question of how much she trusts the foxgirl to have double-checked Marin's work after she worked the contraption.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #74

Default [The Next Day]

Well, they could hunt food the same way human girls do.
    Besides, what about catgirls in the wild, where there's no cooked food on plates? How could sneakiness help them?

Now, Honeysuckle may be careless about some things. Most things, actually.
    But her machines are not one of them! She has gone over this contraption with a fine-toothed comb. If something goes wrong, it's because of a misunderstanding about or change in Marin's implant, not here.
    She hooks up the other end of the shiny cables to the mirror box, double checks the magnet alignment, and then presses the button.
    Radio static fills the air to jam any wireless signal to the implant. Clamps grab onto the collar, shutters spin over the mirror box, vast destructive forces flow through the cables, under the collar and then outward to cut through it. while at the same time the gripping arms of the contraption move the rest of the collar through the precise motions and magnetic fields that allow it to disengage without triggering the magnetic signal.
    Honeysuckle focuses her senses on the implant, holding her breath even as the machine works...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #75

Default [The Next Day]

Those are decent arguments.
    But some human girls hunt their food off of others' plates too. Sneakiness probably helps.

Nothing changed between yesterday and today, and yesterday they got a pretty good idea of how it works. There used to be part of the collar that could have interfered with this process, but it has already been taken care of years ago.

The collar is removed!
    All that's left to completely remove any trace of it is a surgical procedure to remove the implant. But, even without removing that, it's still fine because it shouldn't really matter after this week is over, anyway.

Marin bites her lip and still doesn't move, just in case there's anything else. No more moving until she is told she can.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #76

Default [The Next Day]

Honeysuckle lets go of the button, grinning. It worked! Probably.
    The clamps retract, pulling away the collar and letting the shiny cables drop to the floor.
    "You good? Still able to move?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #77

Default [The Next Day]

Marin moves her hand up and down.
    And then her foot.
    "I was considering telling you that it wasn't, just so that I could see what you look like when you're worried," she says in a fairly unemotive and measured voice. "Maybe next time."

She pauses.
    "Yes, I'm fine."
    She stands up.
    She shakes her head to feel the distinct lack of something there. She raises a hand to her throat, and then moves the turtleneck back up. "Yeah, I'm..."
    Marin laughs.
    She tries for another sneak-attack hug. "Yeah! I'm fine! You're the best!"

"Quick! Tell me to do something!"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #78

Default [The Next Day]

"If paralyzed, how would ya tell me anything?"

This hug actually does take Honeysuckle by surprise. The key was getting so close under the guise of doing something else. "Haha."

"Okay, do a backflip."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #79

Default [The Next Day]

It would probably depend on which spinal vertebra she's paralyzed on, since the spinal cord nerves for controlling movement branch off lower than the ones for breathing and speaking. But, since I hadn't really decided which one it was attached to, and it'll probably never come up again, there's little point in deciding now.
    So, unsure of the answer, Marin doesn't answer that question.

She bites her lip.
    "..."
    She laughs again. "No!" And for some reason, she finds this to be really hilarious.

She doesn't let go yet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #80

Default [The Next Day]

There is zero chance that Ginger Spice could tell you the difference between the various spinal vertebrae and their nearby nerve branches.

The foxgirl's tails swish back and forth.
    "There, free."
    She raises a hand to Marin's now collar-free turtleneck.
    "Can stop wearing high-necked outfits all the time."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

[Felandria's Office]

Magtok's avoiding a second hug and getting punched, he's definitely not going to let himself get grabbed by the throat! As he ducks away from her extended reach, though it does back him into a corner.

"Well I was going to say something about leaving before the guilt sets in, but now I think I'm just going to do it before bodily harm becomes a factor. I've paid my due by giving you a heads up. Ciao." Part of the deal with Doctor Affidivat included getting his personal telewarp system back online and it's already paying off. He dematerializes before Felandria's eyes, escaping the demi-goddess' wrath for now. Let his two enemies fight it out while he profits from a distance and picks up the scraps from the fallout and maybe take out whomever's left. Or play them against someone else. He hasn't decided yet.

Felandria has about a minute left to react before an explosion rocks a distant section of the base, approximately near where the dorms are.
    Felandria quickly pulls out her phone and taps the screen a couple of times.

As she does this, a door shaped panel appears on the wall of her office, a portal summoned that will take her to the

Entrance Hall

As she steps through, she next dials in to the telecoms, sending a call to every member which will cut in if they are talking to anyone else.

RED ALERT, RED ALERT!

A fake Magtok is claiming that there is going to be an attack on the base, he says Doctor Affidavit will be here in four minutes, whoever the hell that is.

He also says he has destroyed the escape vehicles and shut down the portal systems.

Please make your way to the entrance hall immediately, repeat, make your way to the dorms immediately!

Dumb fake cyborg obviously isn’t Magtok because Magtok knows who the hell I am and what I can do, Reinholdt, call me on the private line right swearwording now!

Everyone make your way to the entrance hall immediately, grab a weapon or bring whatever you have on you on the way.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

That. Hurts. ALOT.
    "OWWWW!! FFFFFFUUU--NNN. FUN."
    Rein's trying not to curse in front of the kid. Or above the kitten. It's very hard as blood comes out of his hand.

It doesn't matter. Rein's other hand pushes down on Manja to hold her in place as he immediately starts running in the other direction. He glances behind him to just barely spot the flood of rushing water rounding the corner. "COMPUTER! Seal all bulkheads now, authorization Whiskey Echo Tango!" This works just fine as the doors start closing. Remarkably slowly though and just in front of the two. Well, sure. Why not? Rein slides under the door at the last second, water lapping at his heels before it shuts and keeps the wave from crashing into them, a small puddle rippling around them. The first thing he does is open his palms carefully to check on Manja.

The second thing he does is get yelled at over the intercom by Felandria. Gah! She just cursed! After all the effort he put in to not do it. A message about an attack from... Doctor Affidavit? Isn't it Professor? And why was the message so delayed? Oh! Oh he gets it now. There's almost a sense of relief. Still shaking, but slightly re-energized, he'll get up and head over to a telecom and call Felandria on the private line.

"Heeeey Fel. What a morning, huh?"

[Entrance Hall]

If anyone else gets Felandria's message, it will be quite garbled, though the contents remain as said. And if anyone else arrives in the entrance hall, they won't find the demigoddess and the demigoddess won't see them. Anyone following this trail will probably hear loud noises coming from the Simulation Room, however, not unlike the explosion Marin and Honeysuckle heard earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #83

[The Next Day]

Lucky Charm at first flinches away from reaching towards her neck, but. . .
    Luckily! She overcomes her conditioned response and stops.

"Yeah...I guess I can. That'll be weird. Might need to buy a new wardrobe," Marin says.

She would say more, too, except then all of a sudden there seems to be an emergency telecom. Luckily, that emergency message didn't happen minutes earlier because that could have messed up 'trying to sit still'.

She listens. "Wow. Um. Maybe that explosion sound actually was something? We should definitely go there, right?" She moves away from Ginger Spice and looks at the door.

[Entrance Hall]

Harley is not there.
    Either she doesn't exist because her room is empty, or...
    . . .
    the intercom woke her up and she realized that her baby is missing and is presently panicking and trying to figure out what happened and where the baby is and why her door is open and why she didn't wake up and oh no she's all alone again and the panic is making her see things sitting around every corner and hear something speaking in her own voice and oh no she's a terrible mother for losing her baby and

[Simulation Room]

Manja is safe and secure in Rein's palms.

She's not happy, though. Her body's flattened and her ears are flattened and her hair's sticking up and her paws are digging down.

Plus, all this movement and excitement and shouting and everything is putting her into distress and making the shapeshifting powers that she inherited from her mother activate: the most noticeable of which is that her fur becomes pricklier instead of soft.
    Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) that's not all: her battleform that she inherited from her father also activates, with help from her mother's powers replicating the effect. (This is actually a good thing, because it redirects her maternal shapeshifting to assist in the battleform transformation instead of causing something detrimental to happen.)
    She turns back into a humanlike baby, but instead of her usual white hair and interesting ears, she turns into a baby liongirl. Lion ears, with yellow-gold hair, tail, etc, with pink tips and highlights.
    He might have to readjust how he's holding her.

She tries to roar but makes a cute noise instead.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #84

Default [The Next Day]

"Or get you something else ta cover up. It-"
    Ginger Spice too is interrupted by the garbled message.

It sounds kind of suspicious. If it's a fake Magtok, it's probably not a real attack on HALO.
    But there's definitely something going on.
    "Yeah. 's check it out." she turns and steps away from the contraption (leaving the workshop a mess as usual) and heads out the door, towards the entrance hall. She thinks she probably knows the way better than Lucky Charm does from just the tour.

[Entrance Hall]

When they make it, the foxgirl stops and considers the empty hall for a moment.
    "No one else?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

That. Hurts. ALOT.
    "OWWWW!! FFFFFFUUU--NNN. FUN."
    Rein's trying not to curse in front of the kid. Or above the kitten. It's very hard as blood comes out of his hand.

It doesn't matter. Rein's other hand pushes down on Manja to hold her in place as he immediately starts running in the other direction. He glances behind him to just barely spot the flood of rushing water rounding the corner. "COMPUTER! Seal all bulkheads now, authorization Whiskey Echo Tango!" This works just fine as the doors start closing. Remarkably slowly though and just in front of the two. Well, sure. Why not? Rein slides under the door at the last second, water lapping at his heels before it shuts and keeps the wave from crashing into them, a small puddle rippling around them. The first thing he does is open his palms carefully to check on Manja.

The second thing he does is get yelled at over the intercom by Felandria. Gah! She just cursed! After all the effort he put in to not do it. A message about an attack from... Doctor Affidavit? Isn't it Professor? And why was the message so delayed? Oh! Oh he gets it now. There's almost a sense of relief. Still shaking, but slightly re-energized, he'll get up and head over to a telecom and call Felandria on the private line.

"Heeeey Fel. What a morning, huh?"

[Entrance Hall]

If anyone else gets Felandria's message, it will be quite garbled, though the contents remain as said. And if anyone else arrives in the entrance hall, they won't find the demigoddess and the demigoddess won't see them. Anyone following this trail will probably hear loud noises coming from the Simulation Room, however, not unlike the explosion Marin and Honeysuckle heard earlier.
    Felandria looks around the area, getting worried.
    Yeah, sure is.

Any idea what the hell is going on here?

I’m hearing explosions but I’m not seeing any damage yet, I don’t know what Faketok was on about, do you know who this Doctor Affidavit is?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

"Well you're just full of surprises..."

Manja is, among other things, heavier now and Rein has to switch to holding her with two hands. He'd try to calm her, but it's much harder to soothe a baby while also talking to your boss. The best he can offer is to rock her gently as he watches her with a mixture of worry and awe.

"Oh no! Not you Fel. Just... nevermind. The explosion happened by the dorm rooms. Hallways F and G are flooded and anyone who was there can either breathe underwater or is just dead now."

Most unfortunate.

"Or, errr, they would be, but there was no one there. I hadn't had time to program in the smaller details like screaming innocent victims. I'm pretty sure this was one of the simulations I was working on. Sort of... worst case scenario planner. Well maybe not the worst case, but it's not much of a fun scenario if nothing can be done about a thing right? Still a pretty bad case, gotta say. What with half of the non-existent dorm people dead." That's a pretty big number!

... "Also, I want it on the record that was a realish Magtok and he was programmed to impeccably imitate the real thing under these circumstances. Indistinguishable. If you noticed a difference, it almost certainly is because this whole thing's glitching."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

Dorota arrives in the entrance hall. She's carrying a laser pistol and looking very much like someone trying not to panic. To her credit, she knows how to hold the gun, with her finger off the trigger and keeping the muzzle away from anyone. But I wouldn't count on her hitting anything. Once she realizes Felandria is not there and the explosions she mentioned don't seem to be happening, she stands around in awkward confusion.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Entrance Hall]

Mr. C will also appear. He wears a golden plate armor whith white wings. In one hand he holds a tiny Lego sword and a shield. Ready for battle. Thought he is confused as he arrives.

"If there is a fake magtok, where is the real one and how can we make sure he is the real one?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #89

[The Next Day => The Entrance Hall]

Lucky Charm follows, weaponless.

She gets there, and notices that other people are arriving now. "Oh! There's some people. Just looks like we were the first," she says.

The catgirl looks around.
    "There's more of those noises," she says. "Sounds like..." Marin mentally rewinds to figure out where that 'explosion' sound from earlier came from, and tries to relate that to where they are now. "It's coming from the same direction that that sound we heard earlier came from."

She looks down the hallway in that direction. "Someone should go check that out?" Probably someone who is armed and/or actually knows the area. Not a guest.

[Simulation Room]

Luckily,
    nothing new is happening, so Manja doesn't need much soothing. She tries roaring a couple more times, and tries being as intimidating as a baby can be, and looks around trying to figure out what's going on. The source of the earlier displeasure and stress is gone, however, so eventually she becomes less agitated.
    Plus, she's being rocked.
    Being rocked is nice.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

"Well you're just full of surprises..."

Manja is, among other things, heavier now and Rein has to switch to holding her with two hands. He'd try to calm her, but it's much harder to soothe a baby while also talking to your boss. The best he can offer is to rock her gently as he watches her with a mixture of worry and awe.

"Oh no! Not you Fel. Just... nevermind. The explosion happened by the dorm rooms. Hallways F and G are flooded and anyone who was there can either breathe underwater or is just dead now."

Most unfortunate.

"Or, errr, they would be, but there was no one there. I hadn't had time to program in the smaller details like screaming innocent victims. I'm pretty sure this was one of the simulations I was working on. Sort of... worst case scenario planner. Well maybe not the worst case, but it's not much of a fun scenario if nothing can be done about a thing right? Still a pretty bad case, gotta say. What with half of the non-existent dorm people dead." That's a pretty big number!

... "Also, I want it on the record that was a realish Magtok and he was programmed to impeccably imitate the real thing under these circumstances. Indistinguishable. If you noticed a difference, it almost certainly is because this whole thing's glitching."
    I knew he wasn’t real when I asked him something only the real Magtok would know, not because he didn’t know, but because he didn’t answer.

The real Magtok wouldn’t have been able to resist.

So if the simulation is glitching, are we at risk of anything becoming real and causing real damage?