New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Entrance Hall]

"Ifn there's no real attack, is that a real message from Felandria?"
    "Or...what's going on someone might want to distract all us from by impersonating the leader?"

Honeysuckle turns towards the little armored fellow, keeping a finger near the side of her visor.
    "Mr. C, can ya check out the sounds? That way."
    He's the only one here who can fly, as far as she knows, so that makes him the obvious choice.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

[Simulation Room]

Manja is too adorable. If circumstances were different, Rein would just be playing with her. But...

"Well yes and no. Or rather no and yes. It would be exceptionally abnormal for anything to become real and affect anything in the actual base. But if the safeties are off, those inside the room can very much still get hurt. So whatever you do-"

Rein's cut off! This is exceptionally rude, but also kind of makes sense as there's another rocking explosion, this time from the Power Room. All the lights go out and it is very dark, at least until the emergency red lights come on, basking them in a crimson glow. Dang. Rein supposes he should have warned Fel about what comes next in the simulation. Or perhaps explained Affidivat's extremely complex villainous motivations. He needs to program that into a monologue somewhere.

If they survive this first. Alright think. Doctor Affidivat is going to systematically clean out the rest of the base, so the safest place to be would be... the labs. At least that's the place that'll buy the most time anyways. Unless Manja overreacted to the lights going out, he'll start heading there.

If Felandria lingers around the Entrance Hall after the power gets cut, she'll hear a banging at one of the Pod Doors, like someone or something trying to get in.

[The Entrance Hall]

The group will hear what sounds like an explosion, then a power drain coming from the Simulation Room, but not feel it. Like hearing it happen on tv. Doesn't have the same tremors and shock of the real thing. And given that the power is just fine, the power drain also lacks verisimilitude.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-12-29 at 01:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

Compared to the earlier loud noises, the panic in her father's voice, being pressed together in his hands, getting jostled around so much, potentially getting wet, and so on. . .
    . . .more noise, the lights going out, and so on aren't quite as big of a deal.

Besides, she's got pretty good night vision. It's not really bothering her and it doesn't take very long for her to adjust. Plus, babies always like looking at everything in new types of environments, so she's a little absorbed in doing that since this is literally her first time in her entire life being in a situation like this, with this kind of lighting.

[=> Kitchen? Why the kitchen? she wonders]

Surprise!
    Harley isn't actually disappeared.
    And she's not handcuffed to somebody, either.
    She goes through the hallway, calling out for her daughter and pointedly ignoring a lot of other things.

She tracks down Manja's path that she took. It's about an hour or so old (according to her estimates), but it's still possible to follow. It's not easy. But, between scent and thermal variations and a few other things, she manages to roughly figure out her path. She went this way, then that way, then. . .down the hallway. At some point, it seems like someone picked her up and...she can't tell who it was just from how old a trail this is. And all the noise and distractions only serve to make it harder to focus and follow.

Eventually, she gets to the kitchen? why the kitchen? she wonders at first, while trying to figure out what happened and where the trail went next and just exactly how awful of a mother she is for losing a baby.

[Entrance Hall]

<letting someone else post here first>
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

"I'll... go to the Simulation Room." Dorota would really rather not, but she feels like she has to do something. "Something seems to be happening there too."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #95

[Entrance Hall]

"Sure." Mr.C says. For some reason he's got some courage up his sleev. "Don't mind if I scout first?" He says to Dorota as he flys by right to the simulation room. Mr. C just flys through, even thought his wings don't seem to wok as normal wings. He will likly arrive there fast. I don't assume he can just open the door, right? So he checks the controlls if possible
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #96

[Entrance Hall]

Marin doesn't know most of the other people here.
    She looks at the people who volunteer and choose to go.

She turns to Honeysuckle. "So I should stick around until they figure out what's going on?" she asks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #97

Default [Entrance Hall]

"Someone should keep an eye here. May as well be us. Two here, two there." Honeysuckle suggests.
    She does head over to the teleporter rings, to check if they seem to be working (but without actually going through).
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance Hall] ==> [Simulation Room]

Dorota follows behind Mr. C hesitantly, letting him scout ahead. To say she's not feeling confident about this situation would be an understatement.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Simulation Room]

Manja is too adorable. If circumstances were different, Rein would just be playing with her. But...

"Well yes and no. Or rather no and yes. It would be exceptionally abnormal for anything to become real and affect anything in the actual base. But if the safeties are off, those inside the room can very much still get hurt. So whatever you do-"

Rein's cut off! This is exceptionally rude, but also kind of makes sense as there's another rocking explosion, this time from the Power Room. All the lights go out and it is very dark, at least until the emergency red lights come on, basking them in a crimson glow. Dang. Rein supposes he should have warned Fel about what comes next in the simulation. Or perhaps explained Affidivat's extremely complex villainous motivations. He needs to program that into a monologue somewhere.

If they survive this first. Alright think. Doctor Affidivat is going to systematically clean out the rest of the base, so the safest place to be would be... the labs. At least that's the place that'll buy the most time anyways. Unless Manja overreacted to the lights going out, he'll start heading there.

If Felandria lingers around the Entrance Hall after the power gets cut, she'll hear a banging at one of the Pod Doors, like someone or something trying to get in.
    Felandria might not hear the noise, as she is following Reinholdt around, attempting to figure out what is going on.

So wait, are we IN the Simulation Room?

Or is the Simulation Room leaking out to the rest of the base?

Because I certainly don’t remember going into the Simulation Room.

And where is everyone else, are they the ones stuck in the room?

I’m very confused as to whether or not our friends are in danger.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

Reinholdt jumps, physically in the air, quite startled by Felandria's appearance after he was forced off the intercom. How did... when did... for someone so giant, she's like some kind of stealth ninja! Immediately after, Rein really has to catch his breath from the shock before answering.

"We are in the Simulation Room. Remember the room you walked in when you first found me and gave me Manja? That room. We never left, we just thought we left. I sincerely doubt anyone but the three of us is in danger, but I'm not omniscient yet so I can only presume." Some day. Some day...

"Anyways, the safest place in this particular program are the labs so we're headed there." Rein tells Felandria as he rubs the top of Manja's head.

[Outside Simulation Room]

When Mr. C arrives, it's fairly apparent that any strange noises they've been hearing are coming from inside. The presumption that the door cannot be opened is correct and the control panel displays a big red Error - Simulation in Progress. But it's also a fairly glitchy display seeing as how the words are spread and repeated across the screen in what can only be described as the screen you tend to see before a blue screen 404 message. Definitely not a good sign. But all the same, the simulation is drawing power and running regardless of any technical problems!

[Entrance Hall]

There is nothing wrong with the teleporter rings. All green, A-OK.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #101

[Simulation Room]

Manja realizes that her head is suddenly getting attacked - and in the dark, too! Must be some kind of sneak attack. Especially since someone else just came here, too!

She looks upwards so that she can plan a counterattack, but...oh, it's fine. No need to worry about it, it's just rubbing and not actually an attack. She yawns.

[Entrance Hall]

"That makes sense," Marin says. She walks over to see what Honeysuckle's checking.
    "So, that's working," she says. "So I guess that's a good thing. If there's any emergency, then this is still an option."

[Not in the kitchen anymore]

Harley continues following the trail. She hopes she's gaining ground.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-01-06 at 09:23 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #102

Mr. C smashes a few more buttons on the control panel befor he turns to Dorota or at least into the direction they came from.
    "You can come." he says. "It seems to be a malfunction of the simulation. I don't think we can enter from here. We need to get to the servers and see if we can do something there. Maybe we can shut it down there or controll the energy, thought I am not sure what will happen to those inside.

13. - Top - End - #103

Default [Entrance Hall]

"So Fel's confused, or a fake message we all heard."
    Honeysuckle paces back and forth. Surely she can do something more productive than keep watch here until Mr. C and Dorota come back...but she can't think what yet.
    "Yeah. Not stuck down in here at least."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Dorota seems to calm down a little. Knowing what is happening puts her at ease somewhat, even if she has no idea what to do about it.

"If someone's inside... and I presume Felandria is at least... then doing something with the room can be dangerous. I have no idea how it works, honestly. But leaving it as it is will probably mean it will get worse."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

[Simulation Room]

Reinholdt jumps, physically in the air, quite startled by Felandria's appearance after he was forced off the intercom. How did... when did... for someone so giant, she's like some kind of stealth ninja! Immediately after, Rein really has to catch his breath from the shock before answering.

"We are in the Simulation Room. Remember the room you walked in when you first found me and gave me Manja? That room. We never left, we just thought we left. I sincerely doubt anyone but the three of us is in danger, but I'm not omniscient yet so I can only presume." Some day. Some day...

"Anyways, the safest place in this particular program are the labs so we're headed there." Rein tells Felandria as he rubs the top of Manja's head.
    Felandria places a hand on Rein’s shoulder.

I’m not going to let anything happen to you or Manja.

Okay, so do we know how this simulation is supposed to play out, and if so, do we know if it’s deviating from how it’s supposed to operate?

16. - Top - End - #106

[On the Trail]

Well,
    Harley is no longer on the trail. She would have made it to the simulation room by now if she were.
    What is she doing, then? Having a panic attack, probably. Hearing things. Seeing things, probably.

[Entrance Hall]

Marin watches Honeysuckle pacing.

She bites her lip.

Suddenly, she has a thought: "Oh! Um, wait, how do we know the teleporters go to the right place?" she asks. "If I were trying to cause as much trouble as possible with a fake message, I would redirect the teleporters. Wouldn't actually have to cause any problems here in the base, would just have to make people think they need to evacuate quickly and then they could go wherever I want."

The catgirl looks over at the teleporters again. But...to be honest, she doesn't really know much about these particular ones here. "Unless there's some sort of way to verify the destination already installed to it."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #107

Default [Entrance Hall]

Hoenysuckle stops her pacing and raises a hand thoughtfully.
    "That's right."

"Seems set to Mallside, but it could have sabotaged."
    "Gotta actually use it to be sure."

She goes to stand on the center of the circular transportation pad, apparently intending to go through herself rather than do something sensible like send a camera through and back.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Simulation Room - Labs]

"I'm expendable. Manja's not," Reinholdt replies to Fel as they enter the labs.

"I don't think it's deviating. It starts with Magtok sabotaging the base and bailing, followed by attacks on the dorms, power center, and security room. Professor Affidivat will then send his Creations - nasty robot attack drones - to clean up anyone still outside the labs. He himself is in a fancy sub outside the base, for now. He's more cautious about attacking here because the labs are what he wants to capture. Once they've cleared out the hallways, they'll start invading the labs to remove any unwanted organic lifeforms. That's us. I can't imagine it will take long for them to sweep an entirely empty base so they'll come here quick. They may give you the opportunity to surrender, but that's a trap they use to kill you while you're guard's down." Reinholdt motions at the doors with his head rubbing hand, briefly leaving Manja's proximity. "I'd start by barricading those."

If Mr C and Dorota wish it, there is a service panel for this control console they could use. Or if Mr C wishes to visit the server room, it is right around the corner and remarkably close by. Guess they haven't invested in remote cloud computing yet. Smashing the buttons at random however, just gives the plushie more error messages, before popping up a window:
    Introduce Apex Predator?
    Y/N
    Guess he got it to do something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #109

[Simulation Room - Labs]

The baby liongirl Manja makes a noise in response to Reinholdt motioning at the doors. A slightly worried noise.
    No! Wait! Don't go away! is what she thinks. You can't leave! You have to stay with me! Both hands! She's not giving him permission to remove his hand.

[Entrance Hall]

The catgirl thinks it will be a bad idea to leave her alone here, and an even worse idea that if it goes to the wrong place, to let Honeysuckle leave on her own.

She quickly follows to the transportation pad. "I'll come with," she asserts. "If it does go to the wrong place, it'll be better if we both go there together." Like, imagine if there's a dark lord using Honeysuckle's blood to revive himself? And they're in a graveyard. And then all sorts of awful people show up. It'll be a lot better if both of them are there, because then they'll be able to get away better.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #110

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Dorota seems to calm down a little. Knowing what is happening puts her at ease somewhat, even if she has no idea what to do about it.

"If someone's inside... and I presume Felandria is at least... then doing something with the room can be dangerous. I have no idea how it works, honestly. But leaving it as it is will probably mean it will get worse."
    [Simulation Room - Labs]

"I don't think it's deviating. It starts with Magtok sabotaging the base and bailing, followed by attacks on the dorms, power center, and security room. Professor Affidivat will then send his Creations - nasty robot attack drones - to clean up anyone still outside the labs. He himself is in a fancy sub outside the base, for now. He's more cautious about attacking here because the labs are what he wants to capture. Once they've cleared out the hallways, they'll start invading the labs to remove any unwanted organic lifeforms. That's us. I can't imagine it will take long for them to sweep an entirely empty base so they'll come here quick. They may give you the opportunity to surrender, but that's a trap they use to kill you while you're guard's down." Reinholdt motions at the doors with his head rubbing hand, briefly leaving Manja's proximity. "I'd start by barricading those."

If Mr C and Dorota wish it, there is a service panel for this control console they could use. Or if Mr C wishes to visit the server room, it is right around the corner and remarkably close by. Guess they haven't invested in remote cloud computing yet. Smashing the buttons at random however, just gives the plushie more error messages, before popping up a window:

Guess he got it to do something.

Mr C will prefere a visit at the server room. Juts to make sure it is still working fine. no broken wire of ejected drive. His button smasing is the kind of people do when the system is frozen, but at the end he manages to get a messsage or better said an option. He hesitates, even thought he knows what it might do.

"I'm also not irm with the whole system. I haven't been able to reach the books of the simulation rooms yet. But this message is at least something." he waits for her to read it. "I know it sounds bad, but I got an idea. We can assume there is a simulation running with Fel inside. We can't just shut it off since we don't know the consequences. That leaves only one possibility. Fel musst finish the simulation. Sooooooooo maybe this Apex predator is like a big boss?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Very Inconvenient Timing

Can't believe this. Magtok was having such a nice day, minding his own business, having nothing at all to do with HALO, and then someone calls every HALO member (which unfortunately includes him) and shouts into the communicator about the place getting attacked. Attacked by a fake Magtok, no less. Incredibly rude, to launch a false flag attack in his name like that. So inconsiderate. They could've at least asked if he wanted to be a part of the festivities, you know. He would've said no and apologized, saying that he's very busy and can't go to war with Felandria right now, but to not even be approached for something like this, to not even get a chance to chat with the mastermind behind this attack against one of Reinholdt's few safe havens left in the Nexus...

It's just really unfair, you know? It makes one feel really used, to have your identity stolen like this. Plagiarized and ripped-off, instead of given due respect with a proper tribute. At the very least, a prior meeting would've given this mystery assailant a chance to get more recordings of Magtok's voice and face. Felandria might not have figured things out as fast, if his anonymous admirer had thought to do that. Then again, he possibly could've warned Felandria in advance, so maybe this was for the best. Hrm...

Anyway, Magtok steps off one of the shuttles and arrives in HALO, with a bright yellow sticky note with the words 'The Real Magtok' clinging to his forehead. He's sure that will be more than enough to dispel any confusion and uncertainty until this whole situation gets straightened out. I mean, what kind of fake Magtok would ever think to do something like that? Yes, only the real Magtok would come up with something so lazy and half-assed to prove he's not the impostor.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2021-01-15 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Dorota looks unconvinced.

"Or it can just put a lion there on top of everything else," she says. "Then again, Felandria would probably deal with a regular lion easily enough. Either way, I can't think of how it would help us."

23. - Top - End - #113

Default [Entrance Hall]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    The catgirl thinks it will be a bad idea to leave her alone here, and an even worse idea that if it goes to the wrong place, to let Honeysuckle leave on her own.

She quickly follows to the transportation pad. "I'll come with," she asserts. "If it does go to the wrong place, it'll be better if we both go there together." Like, imagine if there's a dark lord using Honeysuckle's blood to revive himself? And they're in a graveyard. And then all sorts of awful people show up. It'll be a lot better if both of them are there, because then they'll be able to get away better.
    On the other and, then they'd both need to escape. And probably one of them would die, and the other one would get blamed for her death. But if one stayed here, they'd be out of danger.
    But Honeysuckle doesn't think of this highly specific scenario, and just takes Marin's hand as the teleporter rings power up.

Someone emerges from the shuttlepods, and Honeysuckle has just enough time to notice him and ask- "Wait, is that fake Magtok after all?"
    But the teleporter doesn't wait, and the two of them should vanish.
    The teleporter is, after all, in perfect working order, and Honeysuckle has gone through it scores of time with no problem. Except, Honeysuckle isn't in perfect working order, she's barely-partially-recovered from a mysterious and debilitating magical accident. So instead of disappearing and reappearing in Mallside with no problem, the HALO members disappear in a pillar of black fire and go somewhere wrong.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2021-01-15 at 07:12 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #114

[Entrance Hall]

Unfortunately, Marin in the teleporter teleports away before she has a chance to verify whether that's actually the real Magtok or not. The cyborg will see the purple-haired catgirl teleport away in the fire just about as he gets there.
    (Except! She has two tails now.)
    She looks at the Real MagtokTM and opens her mouth, but is gone before she can say something.

So...
    That's too bad.

But!
    [Just some hall]

Harley, meanwhile, is still busy having a panic attack alone in a hallway.
    There's probably several reasons why, but the biggest reason is probably the fact that her reflection is wearing a black-and-white mask (but she isn't! Not even wearing makeup, so it's just scars on half her face), and Harley's pretty busy staring at it. She's also hyperventilating and is blocking her ears with her hands.

It's okay, though!
    She's doing her best to get her breathing back under control.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

[Simulation Room - Labs]

Felandria considers the details of the scenario.

Okay, so what if we take out his submarine?

We did install weaponry onto the base itself as a precautionary measure, if I remember correctly.

Unless the simulation took that into account and FakeTok sabotaged them as well?

26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground

Entrance Hall

Magtok raises an eyebrow, and removes the sticky note from his forehead to make sure it's as it should be. That one person asked if he was Faketok before vanishing; was the sticky note not clear enough? Should he have shown up in a T-shirt loudly proclaiming 'I Am The Real Magtok You Can Tell Because I'm Wearing My Real Magtok T-Shirt Today' instead? Bleh, too late for that now. Better try to find an intercom system to jack into or something, try to find someone reasonable to contact and figure out what he can do to help before this whole mess gets even worse than it already is.

"Hello? Anyone there? Real Magtok here, heard you guys had a fake that needs sorting out?" He hopes it isn't Malice or one of the Faction boys or something. It would beyond so obnoxious if one of those other clones took advantage of their status as clones to ruin his rep with HALO. They have their own names and identities for a reason; they're not supposed to muddy those waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Simulation Room - Labs]

So needy! Rein's hand goes back to Manja and gently rubs the underside of her chin as he starts looking around.

"You can. But it is certainly well protected and you'd have to get to the security room, which is guarded and fix whatever damage was done. If, uh, I programmed the base weapons in." The dorm rooms were lacking, so he doesn't know what else he hasn't gotten to yet. "It's one of the harder routes to do, as is sneaking aboard his sub."

Reinholdt moves towards a lab storage closet he spots. "Another option includes evacuating everyone and self-destructing the base so he can't have it. Also if you destroy enough of his Creations, Doctor Affidavit comes here to deal with you himself and you can take him out then, though I think he gets to upload into his sub and run away that way. All of them should theoretically end the simulation."

He can't fight while holding Manja with two hands, and even shooting a pistol with one hand means a loud gun is going off right next to a baby. He needs to hide her for now and opens the storage closet door, kneeling down as he searches for a good spot.

There's a sudden loud sound of metal rending into metal back at the door they entered from as sharp metallic claws tear into the door poking in from the other side. It appears the enemy's Creations have arrived, by the sound coming from it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #118

[Simulation Room - Labs]

Manja obviously doesn't want to be set down into the storage closet.

Unfortunately! She's now a liongirl baby instead of a kitten, so she can't even walk around, and she doesn't even know how to change back right now, when all this stress is still high and everything.

[(near) Entrance Hall]

Since all the other people who were talking are now gone (or are farther away), this means Magtok's voice echoes down the hallways more.

And!
    Harley hears his voice.
    It's both from a voice of somebody she knows and, even better, it's a voice from somebody who's real!

This really helps her get grounded again and break out of the panic attack.

She gets up and tries to track down the direction Magtok's voice.

She gets there.
    "M...Magtok?" Harley says as soon as she sees him. She's sort-of kind-of using the wall as support right now, since she still hasn't entirely shaken off the panic yet. "I'm so glad, that's such a..."
    She spots the sticky note.
    Harley bites her bottom lip but even that's not enough to stop her from laughing. "Oh, that's perfect." She runs her hand under her eyes and across her face, and then - her voice getting more in control - "Thanks, I really needed that."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Dorota looks unconvinced.

"Or it can just put a lion there on top of everything else," she says. "Then again, Felandria would probably deal with a regular lion easily enough. Either way, I can't think of how it would help us."

"That's my thought as well. I mean the Fel can handle it. Under the assumtion that it is a predator in the natural sense. On the other hand we are in the nexus. Lions are only Apex Predator in some worlds. Some others would count Human and human like creatures in there, too. Or as far as i heared of the hunting grounds there are some Monsters way bigger then Fel. We need to gather more information on what's going on."

He thinks a moment.

"Do you have a communicator? maybe we can talk to her at least."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"It's worth a try," Dorota says, without much conviction. She then selects Felandria on her communicator. "Miss Felandria? Can you hear me? We're outside the simulation room."