New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

R2T30:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    ”Was it speaking? Do we attack?”

R2T21: Gelik, what do you do?

Tor-ber on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "It wants corpses !"
    Last edited by silphael; 2021-01-09 at 11:33 AM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! I've got this!" Gelik says and strides boldly and
    uncharacteristically towards the beast...
    Bowing, characteristically, he gestures with a flourish towards the deceased monkey meat and says,"Eat your fill! The buffet is open!"

Looking back to the others, he says "If we let him dine out, he'll eat take-away."
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo’s jaw hangs open that Gelik could assign gender to such an alien creature.

5. - Top - End - #95

Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "It wants corpses!"

R2T21: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I've got this!" Gelik says and strides boldly and uncharacteristically towards the beast. Bowing, characteristically, he gestures with a flourish towards the deceased monkey meat and says,"Eat your fill! The buffet is open!" Looking back to the others, he says "If we let him dine out, he'll eat take-away."

Fronaldo’s jaw hangs open that Gelik could assign gender to such an alien creature.

R2T20: Tor-ber, what do you do?

Xhanfaerd on deck, Pim in the hole ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Slightly relaxing his stance, Xhanfaerd answers in Aklo.

Spoiler: Aklo
    Show
    "You can take those corpses, it's not like they'll still need them. Take them with you, but do share what information you can about this place, please."

Then to the others through the collective.

Show
    "Let's let it eat. I asked for informations though."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #97

Initiative Ends ...

Spoiler: Aklo (Gelik and Xhanfaerd)
    Show
    "I live at the bottom of the well. The little creatures feed me, but I don't mind feeding on them. Thank you, but that funny little friend of yours made me feel bad by looking at me. And if I try to get to food behind you, I don't want you to think I am moving on you, but I don't want to be surrounded either."

Aron moves up to Xhanfaerd and says to him, "I need to perform a divination, so I ask it to give me a minute with one of the bodies."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Torber will take the parties words to heart and gather up the dead bodies, and move them closer to the tentacled creature, asking a question.

"Does she want me to place them in the pit?"

9. - Top - End - #99

Aron asks Tor-ber to wait a minute, as she needs to perform a divination with one of the bodies. "Feed it the others' first, and talk to it, but I have things to do."

Does anybody interrupt Aron (further) before dealing surprisingly peaceably with the decapus?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Watching the interaction with a critical eye, Pim assumes a less aggressive posture, instead instantly acting superior to the pit creature.
    He will eventually walk over to Fronaldo, and talk through the collective.

Show
    "Am I the only one who isn't so sure that this thing wont just stab us in the back later? I mean, we are feeding it? What about in a few hours when it gets hungry?"
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo’s gaze is fixed on what Aron is doing with the corpse of the creature as he flips his small dagger up into the air and catches it. His iridescent scales shimmer as he constantly moves from foot to foot.
    “Mmmm, yeah.” he says distractedly.

12. - Top - End - #102

Aron uses he short sword to cut open the entrails of one of the charau-ka. For 10 minutes of prayer and moving the entrails semi-randomly, she studies what she sees. Meanwhile Tor-ber and anyone else who wanted to help him piled the other charau-ka where the decapus could get to them easily The creature moves very slowly almost comically so. It slowly snacks on one of the charau-ka (ew!) while Aron does her haruspicy (ew!).

Finally, Aron is done and Tor-ber can toss the last body the decapus' way. The decapus seems to be just fine gathering up charau-ka in various tentacles to head back towards the hole.

However, and only because a party member mentioned something that implies possible treachery with this deal ... does anyone try any treachery and attack the decapus, or was Pim just spitballing?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“What did you learn Aron?”

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Watching from afar, Gelik grimaces at Aron toying with the bits and pieces of cadaver before speaking... "Yes... Do tell us if the old fellow has any last words... Or is this all just monkey business?"

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo flinches away from Gelik, sure he heard a rumble of thunder following the comedian’s words.

16. - Top - End - #106

Aron answers in the collective.
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective
    Show
    "What I learn is not something I understand or articulate until a split-second before I can make use of it. With haruspicy, I am able to get a subsconscious insight into dangers of the future. Nothing I can say or even see. But an added intuition that helps me when I need it."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“*channels Spock*Fascinating! Let me know when the guts give you insight.
    Are we going to stand around while it eats, or what?”

Fronaldo paces with nervous energy, flipping his knife and catching it as he walks.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nodding, Xhanfaerd looks around to make sure nothing of interest has been left behind.

"Yes. Let's go."

19. - Top - End - #109

From here, the group has three major directions to go...
    1) Along a game trail to the west.
    2) East-northeast, parallel to a large lake of tar, heading to a smaller set of ruins and rocks.
    3) Straight ahead, which is to the NW and NNW, to a much more open space of ruins and rocks.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Aron gathers the group up, as they are spread about. "We need to clear this area, as the charau-ka might bring others like it did the decapus. Tor-ber, I look to your woodcraft to determine the best way to go from here."

About this time, Sky Viper winks out of existence.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“One direction is as good as the next since we don’t know where the thing we are looking for is.”

22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground

"I will assess each trail, quickly and quietly, but have been wondering about the dead man found yesterday, and if his troop made it inside, not seeing much tracks if they did." as Torber turns to regard each direction, looking in the trees as well.

Torber will glide up each trail just a little, inspecting the terrain for signs of travel, come back and look at his map.

"The game trail would seem the most troublesome, with it narrow, single file, and most likely trapped. we are here to look for ruins, the other two have them, but more exposed and weathered would be my guess, and will not reveal much."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“I will takesss the lead if you are worried about trapsss.” says Fronaldo.

24. - Top - End - #114

One thing Tor-ber and Fronaldo will notice, though ... is that while there are tactical difficulties with a game trail, the two more open paths are very heavily traversed by innumerable charau-ka feet. There is some traffic to and from the game trail to the west, but not as much.

Okay, Tor-ber, give your professional opinion on the direction to take.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Tor-ber thinks about it. "If the monkey-men are like monkeys, we won't find a lot of ground tracks along the game trail, but assume they use the trees at that point as a byway. I think we should just go straight in, but be alert for dangers. C'mon, Fronaldo, you're up front with me."

The party traipses along the paritally marked trail - more of a crumbling road - for more than a hundred yards, just getting into the area with ruins.

Surprise Round ...

Somehow, against all odds, the entire party is surprised by a band of charau-ka behind and on top of ancient, crumbling statue. They throw rocks at the party.

And similarly, againt all odds ... they miss (only Fronaldo and Gelik were targeted).

Begin Round One ...

R1T31: Fronaldo, nothing is in hand right now. Your DEX mutagen has plenty of time remaining. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-01-26 at 01:37 AM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo flicks his dagger at the nearest ground based Charau-ka and retrieves a flask from his belt.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

Fronaldo does have his returning dagger in his hand (see post from 1/18). When in a dangerous situation this is typical.
    He throws it at pink Charau-ka. Risky strike. throw weapon
    hit - (1d20+12)[18]
    dam - (1d3+7)[9]
    Is this damage correct for risky strike?
    retrieve alchemist fire

27. - Top - End - #117

R1T31: Fronaldo flicks his dagger at the nearest ground based Charau-ka and retrieves a flask from his belt. His dagger hits pink in the right elbow for 9.
    Spoiler: Blackhawk
    Show
    Yes, the numbers after the double-slash are for thrown dagger damage.

R1T22: Aron casts entropic shield on herself, and is guarded by motes of distracting color floating around her. She then moves to the base of a statue while getting out her whip.

R1T21: Brown shrieks in fury, moves up and throws a rock at Fronaldo.

R1T20: Pim, what do you do? You are the farthest away from this mess. Nothing is in hand right now, and any enhancements you had in the last battle are long over.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim stops in his tracks, spooked by the ambush. He was musing to himself about the events of the last encounter, when he looks to the mass of monkey men and says, ”More food for the squid!”. The words leave his mouth with a catty grace, and at the end he trills his tongue and screams, “OKAY?”, directly at the [red-blue] monkey near Gelik.
    The scream is no normal taunt, in fact the air ripples as a shockwave of bitchiness fires towards the charuka. Pim will walk slightly backwards.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move: move back 25’ so i am 45’ away from the red blue enemy
    Standard: bouncing ear piercing scream, if it saves, it will target the red green enemy instead.
    Draw a card to my hand as part of moving
    Swift: Activate defensive property (wont take hold until next round)
    [Damage: (5d6)[18]]
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

29. - Top - End - #119

R1T20: Pim stops in his tracks, spooked by the ambush. He was musing to himself about the events of the last encounter, when he looks to the mass of monkey men and says, ”More food for the squid!”. The words leave his mouth with a catty grace, and at the end he trills his tongue and screams, “OKAY?”, directly at the [red-blue] monkey near Gelik. The scream is no normal taunt, in fact the air ripples as a shockwave of bitchiness fires towards the charuka. Pim will walk slightly backwards. Actually, compressional sound waves knock him back, but he times it right so he looks like he's in control and adjusting lines of sight. As far as the charau-ka are concerned, the compression waves whallop red/green for 9 sonic.

As he moved, Pim had also drawn a card, and it is another card that is not great for him .... The Avalanche (LE), signifying disaster. He focuses his arcane power into the rest of his deck.

R1T19: Red charau-ka shrieks horrifically and zooms down at blinding speed to throw a rock at Fronaldo.

R1T18: Gelik, what do you do? Your comprehend languages is still active, and you have buckler readied and longsword in hand.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelick will take a 5' step back from the beasts and as he does so emit a shrieking sound.

Spoiler: Vrock on!
    Show

Vrock's Screech