New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "Go man, fly like the wind!""
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

Pim, you can drag your pack behind you, but you can't wear your pack at the same time as squeezing past. But now that you have a little more time, you think that all things considered you shouldn't have too much trouble getting past the column.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will drop his pack, since it contains little more than his emergency items.
    He will squeeze up to where Fron is, and attempt to start poking around, careful not to get too far ahead of Fronaldo just in case he detects a trap.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo checks out the column first and then the room in general from his position at the column.

5. - Top - End - #395

Xhanfaerd, are you going to try to squeeze past the column into the room beyond?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd squeezes into the room beyond, past the column.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    We will have to inquiry further, I wonder what we can find here.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #397

Xhanfaerd will have to take off his pack to get into the room, though he can bring it behind him. He just can't wear it at the same time.

The rest of the party then makes their way into this chamber as well in a similar fashion.

A circular grid formed with deep grooves sits in the center of the floor of this roughly circular room beneath a domed ceiling decorated with crystalline patterns. At either end, passages open to the building’s exterior. Four elaborately carved columns stand in the passageways, one to the north and three to the south in a triangular arrangement. In addition, there is an opening to the east to a chamber beyond, the far side of which can be seen a stone door.

Do you take time in studying here first, or go to the east?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik begins to examine the grid, making notes in his journal.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will study the pillars

10. - Top - End - #400

Okay, so, we are now in "full Pathfinder exploration mode!" This incorporates a major search of the room (T20) as everything is checked for hidden compartments, surprises, and whatnot.

Then, each nerd discusses with the other nerd .... appropriate for individual specialties .... for all that is noticed in this room.

The circular grid on the floor is approximately 10' in diameter, with 1-inch-square boxes set in evenly arranged rows.

Aronnahar will cast heroism on Gelik, of all people. With that spell, and Fronaldo's help (and later the map that Gelik wants to refer to), Gelik is able to determine that the grid identifies the map as depicting the Mwangi Expanse .... as it appeared 10,000 years ago!

Another heroism will also have been cast on Xhanfaerd. With that spell, and Aron's own knowledge of natural phenomena, but even with that stout help, Xhanfaerd (and the rest of the party) is unable to figure out what the patterns on the ceiling are. Aronnahar feels bad for Xhanfaerd, but concentrates on all the stories, clues, pictograms and so forth she's ever seen .... if not to "know," then at least to speculate. Finally, she comes to the conclusion that the patterns on the ceilings are constellations, though slightly distorted from their current shapes. In fact, they display constellations as they appeared at the height of Azlant, over 10,000 years ago (which checks with the perceived age of the map, above).

There are four columns in the room carved with elaborate arcane symbols and etchings. Xhanfaerd is easily able to discern that the symbols on each column represent one of four —the sun, the moon, the stars, and the space between the stars known as the Dark Tapestry. Each column contains several deep holes bored into 4-inch sections that swivel around a central shaft. Based on the symbols, secondary symbols, the constellations, and the map, Xhanfaerd is further able to figure out that when this temple was active, these columns drew upon the power of their associated celestial force, channeled through rooms likely found on the level below this one, to power some device, which in Tazion’s heyday likely could be set to divine the location of almost any spot in northern Garund. Now, and with Aron and Xhanfaerd conferring, they both realize that the holes in the columns are designed to hold crystals or gemstones, and that the swiveling sections must be set in the correct configurations. If so, and if this arcane machine can be used or figured out again, it is likely that they form a sort of combination lock to activate the magical map that could reveal the location of the ancient city of Saventh-Yhi!

What now?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Now, that's a map..."
    Pim will look around, but shrug when no gem stones show up.
    "Everything must have been removed long ago," he says softly as he dusts out one of the holes in the "stars" pillar.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo will note the number and approximate size and shape of the activation gemstones. He checks his knowledge of alchemy to see if he can make castings of the stones. Then he will explore the room to the East and its door.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: will save
    Show

(1d20+3)[19]
    here is some of xtra text for filler

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo attempts to communicate with the group over the collective even as his little green body is frozen in place.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“Can I get some help!?I seem to be paralyzed by some kind of spell or something. I think there was something in this room but I think it went upstairs.”

He will struggle against the bond that holds him.

15. - Top - End - #405

Round One Begins ...

R1T24:
    Xhanfaerd, you are riding high on hero-juice (heroism), and you are the first to be able to respond to Fronaldo's distress signal on your telepathic subspace frequency. You are the only Federation Magaambyan arcanist in the quadrant. What do you do?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Focused, Xhanfaerd gets closer to the east room where Fronaldo went, and grab him, planning to pull him back into safety.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Once in sight I'll try to identify the effect used to paralyse Fronaldo, though I suppose it's Hold Person.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

17. - Top - End - #407

R1T24: Focused, Xhanfaerd gets closer to the east room where Fronaldo went and grabs him. Fronaldo is completely paralyzed, though there isn't anything to verify how that happened, whatever Xhanfaerd's suspicions may be.

R1T23: Pim, what do you do?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Surprised, but ready to listen to Fronaldo, Pim gets closer to them and pulls out two cards. He looks at them, nodding, and then tosses them down on the other side of the doorway from the group into the room fron was just pulled from.
    A majestic winged saint bernard appears, empowered by the cards, and Pim will quickly say,
    "Find the stinky! Go get the ugly monkey men, boy! Who's a good boy? Yes, you!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move to just behind Fron
    Use arcane pool point to cast summon monster 1, with two card buffs for an aerial dog (duration 1 minute)
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2021-05-26 at 02:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409

R1T23-22.9: Surprised, but ready to listen to Fronaldo, Pim gets closer to them and pulls out two cards. He looks at them, nodding, and then tosses them down on the other side of the doorway from the group into the room fron was just pulled from. A majestic winged collie appears, empowered by the cards, and Pim will quickly say, "Find the stinky! Go get the ugly monkey men, boy! Who's a good boy? Yes, you!"
    Spoiler: Harrow Cards
    Show
    The two cards pulled are:

The Lost (chaotic evil, Wisdom) is the card of emptiness and loss of identity. The bodak shown is forever mad, lost in a world of lunatics, insane asylums, and mass killers. For those under its influence, the world makes no sense. It evokes times where all is babble, as when meeting someone who speaks only in another tongue. Misaligned, it can indicate clarity of mind under duress.

The Rabbit Prince (chaotic neutral, Dexterity) is a quirky fellow who represents the vagaries of hand-to-hand combat. The Prince is battle personified and nothing if not capricious. As his broken sword symbolizes, any combatant can fall in battle, no matter how brave or skilled. This card sometimes stands for younger members of royalty or other powerful households.
    The winged collie summoned seems to have very sharp teeth, a lean look, and very alert eyes. It looks in the direction that Pim is looking (to the east) and does a flying hop past Xhanfaerd and Fronaldo. it lands next to Fronaldo, sniffs its nose in disgust, and begins to bark at Pim and Fronaldo.

R1T17: Tor-ber shakes his head. "I doubt your dog knows what a monkey is, but I'm pretty sure Fronaldo is stinky from the monkey-puke from before." He concentrates, and there is a sound of static from behind the half-orc, increasing in volume until just before it might become painful, when the noise ceases with the tell-tale momentary shimmering in front of him that cues that he has put up a psionic protection. He then moves into the other room. "Well, I found the other side of that door we couldn't open!"

R1T16: Gelik, you are still boosted with heroism. Nobody has eyes on an enemy. What do you do?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Collectively speaking...
    Show
    "Going to try a different tack..."

Spoiler: Abysally outloudly speaking
    Show
    "Friend, fear not! We are but simple explorers and wish you no harm. Come out so that we may speak with you and learn something of each other. Help us to learn about this place and we may be able to help you in turn!"

Spoiler: Non-verbal rolly stuff
    Show

Diplomacy roll including Heroin bonus:

(1d20+17)[33]

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

”It was a long shot,” pim says with a small sigh, “These summoned animals dont know any neat tricks. I was hoping our foe was simply invisible, but it seems like they either ran... or... something else is going on. Lets send the dog ahead as we move just to be safe.”

Pim will then take a peek into that room, and order the dog to guard one of the doorways so that no enemies can come through. It will only remain for a minute, so it will probably expire before we move, but, pim will be ready to have to walk if the party moves on before that time. He would order the dog to go first, in whichever direction the party will go. Pim will also draw a card, and hold it at the ready. ”And, no more barking unless you sense danger, ok? Too bad I didn’t draw two wisdom cards,” Pim jokes.

22. - Top - End - #412

R1T16:
    Spoiler: Gelik >>> Collective
    Show
    "Going to try a different tack..."
    Gelik then shouts out loud in a terrifying and horrific-sound language...
    Spoiler: Abyssal
    Show
    "Friend, fear not! We are but simple explorers and wish you no harm. Come out so that we may speak with you and learn something of each other. Help us to learn about this place and we may be able to help you in turn!"

R1T13: It was a shot in the dark, right? Not likely to succeed, and yet, a voice in the dark answers, also in Abyssal, and the sound of the voice sounds like in its a tunnel at first and then "opens up" as if no longer in a tunnel.
    Show
    "You say explore. But I claimed Tazion for my own. Which means that you are here to establish dominance, and take Tazion away from me."

Tor-ber (whom Gelik knows speaks and understands Abyssal) pipes up, "I see him!"

R1T12: Fronaldo, roll a Will save! (Do so in the IC, not Discord.)
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Willing to Save
    Show

(1d20+3)[9]
    meaningless babbling to appease the word count police.

24. - Top - End - #414

R1T12: Fronaldo is still paralyzed!

R1T8: Aron says, "In Taldane, please?" but otherwise delays ...

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T24:
    Xhanfaerd, you've grabbed Fronaldo (who is still rigid). Now what?

Pim on deck, Aerial dog in hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd pulls Fronaldo inside the relatively safer room, before walking inside, his earthbreaker low.

Show
    "We do not claim this place, nor any other, because no one has that right !"

26. - Top - End - #416

R2T24: Xhanfaerd pulls Fronaldo inside the relatively safer room, before walking inside, his earthbreaker low. He then calls out, in the hideous language,
    Show
    "We do not claim this place, nor any other, because no one has that right!"

In going into the room, Xhanfaerd sees a charau-ka on the stairs to the south. But this charau-ka has a dagger out and pouches at its side. Something about it definitely seems to mark it as NOT like the other charau-ka.

R2T23: Pim, what do you do?

Aerial Dog on deck, Tor-ber in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will delay.
    The dog won't be given any new orders yet.

28. - Top - End - #418

R2T23-22.9: The poor pup is confused and barks at something to the south ... barks at the still paralyzed Fronaldo ... and barks/ checks-in with Pim.

R2T17: Tor-ber calls out, "Sorry, Aron. Charau-ka, do you speak Taldane, or at least polyglot? I only ever studied the language of demons to get insights into fiendish telepathy as it might affect psionic powers. Our party diplomat would like to speak with you."

R2T16: Gelik, what do you do?

Charau-ka on deck, Fronaldo in the hole, Pim/ Aron delaying ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will continue to pursue his diplomatic course...

Spoiler: Abyssally yours...
    Show

"Come, friend, we know you have taken up residence here and we have no intention of remaining. My companions and I merely wish to learn and leave. Do you perhaps speak another language so we may all understand one another? This need not come to more violence. Come out and speak with us. The sooner you do, the sooner we'll be on our way and leave you alone."

30. - Top - End - #420

R2T16: Gelik will continue to pursue his diplomatic course...
    Show
    "Come, friend, we know you have taken up residence here and we have no intention of remaining. My companions and I merely wish to learn and leave. Do you perhaps speak another language so we may all understand one another? This need not come to more violence. Come out and speak with us. The sooner you do, the sooner we'll be on our way and leave you alone."

R2T13: "I do speak many languages!" calls out the charau-ka in response. "But so many of you here, and the knowledge to be gleaned could make you rich, your names known for generations. How can you share such knowledge amongst yourselves?"

Tor-ber looks like he is having some type of internal struggle and then finally seems like himself again.

R2T8: Aron will goes into the room, taking out her whip and then casts a spell, and shrieks louder than she normally does since her voice began to soften. Razor sharp notes of sound barely catch a little bit of the charau-ka for only 1 .... more of a warning than a damaging attack. "Had you spoken and naught else, you're right. But you obviously tried mental magicks on my friend, likely to suggest he kill us to take the glory for himself. No, your body will be a relic we study with this room unless you yield."

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ....

R3T24:
    Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Aerial dog on deck, Torb-er in the hole, Pim delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-05-29 at 12:27 AM.
    Show