New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

Gelik will continue to use his inspirational wordifying but will seem to be studying the foe very closely, assessing him.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

R7T16: Gelik will continue to use his inspirational wordifying but will seem to be studying the foe very closely, assessing him.

R7T13: The serpentfolk rolls the flaming ball back towards Gelik. The gnome deftly keeps from getting burned by the ball. However, what Gelik can't stop is the burning of the webs in his area that would have burned Gelik, were Xhanfaerd not taking the 4 fire onto himself. He concentrates on a spell, and puts his hands together, to have a gout of flame wash over Xhanfaerd and Tor-ber, both of whome take 11 fire.

R7T12: Fronaldo, you double move through the overgrowth above and down the stairs in a double-move to now be flanking the enemy with Xhanfaerd. You don't know what the hell everyone else is talking about, because you just see a charau-ka with blurry features.

R7T11: The enemy viper nips at Aron, ignoring the winged viper.

R7T8: Aron ignores the little viper, stepping past it and fighting through the webs to get to Xhanfaerd. She concentrates carefully and then casts a spell on Xhanfaerd to give him 17 healing.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T25:
    Pim, what do you do? You still have the SM6 scroll in hand, and now Aron has finally moved.

Aerial Viper on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim opens the scroll, and begins reading it out loud.
    The spell takes a round to finish.
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

4. - Top - End - #454

R8T25: Pim opens the scroll, and begins to read it aloud.

R8T24.9: Cheap Couatl bites at the viper.

R8T24: Xhanfaerd, what do you do>

Tor-ber on deck, Gelik in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Kind of in a combat trance, Xhanfaerd further analyses the creature's moves, trying to chain it again.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action : aid another (like last time, +4 to attack unless the attack roll misses, +2 otherwise. No matter what happens, the party gets +2 morale to hit, no matter the target.
    Standard action, chains of doubt, spending 2 PP, so will DC 18 vs nausea if it hits.

Aid Another - (1d20+13)[16]
    Attack - (1d20+17)[22]
    Damage - (7d6+9)[32]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will move 5' to the south to be closer to his team and continue to inspire them with wordy words of wordness.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

7. - Top - End - #457

R8T24: Kind of in a combat trance, Xhanfaerd further analyses the creature's moves, trying to chain it again, but completely misses.

R8T17: Tor-ber misses the enemy with his longspear.

R8T16: Gelik moves 5' to the south to be closer to his team and continue to inspire them with wordy words of wordness.

R8T13: The enemy heals 5 without any action. It then directs the flaming sphere to follow Gelik. This time, Gelik is not as quick to avoid the sphere, and he takes 8 mod fire from the burning sphere but no pain from the webs burning in his square. Though Gelik initially feels the burning, the pain is suddenly abated as Xhanfaerd's body shows the pain of the burns and Gelik is unharmed (by that event ... he isn't healed from previous wounds). Xhanfaerd took the 8 fire instead.

as much from direct contact with the burning webs as super-heated air in his lungs. The enemy seems to concentrate on something, and then his disguise seems to melt away as waves of terrible power emanate from him so that all may see him. "My name is Issilar, and I am a god here!"

R8T12: Fronaldo, what do you do? You are at the top of the stairs, 25' from the enemy who you can now see clearly in his "natural" form (though there is a blurry effect to him from a magical defense).

Viper on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Moving with purpose, the diminutive green fellow skips lightly down the stairs to flank the scary snake dude with Zhan, drawing another dagger from his bandolier on the move. Taking careful aim, he slides his poisoned dagger home with practiced ease.
    “Now it’s your turn to not be able to move, snake breath!”
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: move down the stairs to flank with Zhan. Draw second dagger on the move.
    SA: attack snake creature with poison dagger -Blue Whinnis poison (see below standard entry). +1 attack from Goblin Foolhardiness included in my roll.
    SwA:Spend 1guile poll for +2 to hit (included in my roll).
    to hit - (1d20+16)[33]
    dam - (1d3+8)[9]
    sneak - (3d8)[13] plus 3 bleed.
    Spoiler: blue Whinnis
    Show

Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 14; Frequency 1/round for 2 rounds; Cure 1 save
    EFFECT
    Initial Effect: 1 Con damage
    Secondary Effect: Unconsciousness for 1d3 hours

Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-06-13 at 11:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #459

R8T12: Moving with purpose, the diminutive green fellow skips lightly down the stairs to flank the scary snake dude with Zhan, drawing another dagger from his bandolier on the move. Taking careful aim, he slides his poisoned dagger home with practiced ease, stabbing the creature in the back for 24. “Now it’s your turn to not be able to move, snake breath!”

R8T11: The enemy's viper tries to acrobatically slither away from Air Viper and into Aron's square. Air Viper scores a light crit for 3 + 1 electricity. Aron also scores a light crit for 11. Of note, this is the first time the viper has been hurt in combat. It bites at Aron, who dodges with incredible competence.

R8T8: Aron tries to cast defensively, but fails. She then tries to acrobatically move away from the viper and the serpentfolk, though the enemy does lash out at her with a bite.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T25:
    Pim, where do you "land" this summons? What do you direct it to do, and then what do you do yourself?

Cheap Couatl on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As the scroll reading is completed, the vellum page burns itself into dust indicating that the summoning magic is now cast. Pim will concentrate on the center of the webbed room, one space west of Gelik.
    As the light of the Lillend's summoning shines, Pim conjures a beautiful snake like being with the upper torso and limbs of a woman. Her gracefulness is a direct thematic opposite to the foul snake beings in combat.

"I bring forth Lillend, the only true serpent worthy of reverence! Lillend, we must capture our enemy dead, or alive; please, help us," Pim cries out in Draconic (the only language he shares with this species).

Now, Pim activates two face down cards! Two cards from his deck are quickly revealed, which empower his summon Azata.

With the next few moments, Pim throws his hands up and from his palms are created four small orbs of differently colored lights. The lights bounce up and down in an a-rhythmic pattern around the "web room", creating a disco ball effect. How pretty. Pim grins.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

As part of the summoning draw two cards
    Move: Direct Lillend
    Standard: cast dancing lights in the center of the room above the lillend
    Free: move east 1 space
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2021-06-13 at 03:47 PM.
    Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

11. - Top - End - #461

R9T25.1-25: As the scroll reading is completed, the vellum page burns itself into dust indicating that the summoning magic is now cast. Pim will concentrate on the center of the webbed room, one space west of Gelik. As the light of the Lillend's summoning shines, Pim conjures a beautiful snake-like being with the upper torso and limbs of a woman. Her gracefulness is a direct thematic opposite to the foul snake beings in combat.

"I bring forth Lillend, the only true serpent worthy of reverence! Lillend, we must capture our enemy dead, or alive; please, help us," Pim cries out in Draconic (the only language he shares with this species).

The creature speaks in her own language, and yet each person that can hear her speak hears the language that most represents their own "native" mother language. "Show that evil to me, summoner. For I am Thadinhel, servant of the spheres, but I have no knowledge that can help me point the way. I can not see into the hearts of the arrayed creatures to know who that enemy is. Be not afraid, step in with me that I may protect you and you may point them out."

Now, Pim activates two face down cards! Two cards from his deck are quickly revealed, but do not seem to empower the azata at all.

With the next few moments, Pim throws his hands up and from his palms are created four small orbs of differently colored lights. The lights bounce up and down in an a-rhythmic pattern around the "web room", creating a disco ball effect. How pretty. Pim grins.

R9T24.9: Aerial viper moves, flying up a little bit, to then attack the other viper with a height advantage and bites, doing 1 NL +1 electricity.

R9T24: Xhanfaerd, you are actually afraid of the serpentfolk now, but not so much as to run away. What do you do?

Tor-ber on deck, Gelik in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Shaken but not fleeing, Xhanfaerd keeps studying the possibilities before aiming at the serpentfolk with his shining hammer.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    I can't add her to the collective now, and it regenerates !

Show
    Move action, Aid another on myself, triggering zeal (+2 morale bonus to all of my allies attacks until my next turn) and recovering up to 4 maneuvers.
    Aid another - (1d20+11)[25]
    Standard action, Silver Knight's Blade at the serpentfolk to try to heal myself.
    (shaken penalty taken into account, as are both modifiers from zeal and aid another.)
    Attack - (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[14]
    Extra damage and healing - (4d6)[12]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

13. - Top - End - #463

R9T24: Shaken but not fleeing, Xhanfaerd keeps studying the possibilities before aiming at the serpentfolk with his shining hammer, missing.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "I can't add her to the collective now, and it regenerates!"

R9T17: Tor-ber drops his longspear, screams in terror, and hightails it out of there. In passing Pim, Pim sees Tor-ber squeeze past the southern pillar and then JUMP FROM THE ZIGGURAT!

R9T16: Gelik, what do you do? Keep inspiration? Anything else?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464

R9T16: Gelik continues his oratical extempore, though he takes a quick breath to to winged snake goddess. "Pim, our enemy is a serpentfolk in red robes and its unwinged viper familiar! Tell her that."

He then takes out a wand, and tries to dispel the flaming sphere with it. Sure enough, it winks out of existence!

R9T13: The serpentfolk keeps his hand on his wand, despite the continuous grease effect. He tries to concentrate on something, but Xhanfaerd and Fronaldo flanking him are too problematic. It hisses in frustration.

R9T13: Fronaldo, what do you do?

Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo presses his attack, using both daggers to slash at the wily serpent. His mouth continues its assault.
    “Good thing you wore your red robes, snake!”[break into sections if not enough time to utter this round]
    Show

FAA: Two weapon fighting attack with enchanted dagger first. Flanking. Added bonus for Goblin Foolhardiness +1 attack.
    SwA: spend guile pool for +2 attack roll to all attacks this turn.
    attack1 - (1d20+14)[31]
    damage1 - (1d3+7)[9]
    sneak - (3d8)[11]
    attack2 - (1d20+13)[29]
    damage2 - (1d3+7)[9] should have been 1d3+4 damage.
    sneak - (3d8)[11]
    add “Debilitating Injury” effect Bewildered: -2 penalty to AC, but -4 penalty to AC vs. Fronaldo's attacks.if sneak attack(s) hit for 1rnd.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-06-16 at 05:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466

R9T13: Fronaldo presses his attack, using both daggers to slash at the wily serpent. His mouth continues its assault. “Good thing you wore your red robes, snake!”

The first attack is a thrust along its jawline for 22, bewildering the enemy. The next attack is a slash along its left leg for 19.

Pim calls out, "Thadinhel, the gnome..."

R9T11: The smaller viper uses a power strike to hit the aerial viper for 5, enough that the aerial viper disappears.

"...speaks truly. Attack ..."

R9T8: Aron concentrates carefully, casts a spell, and touches Xhanfaerd's ankle to fully heal him.

"... the serpentfolk!"

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T25.1:
    Thadinhel nods to Pim. "Thank you. Goodness comes in many forms, as does evil. I held that creature suspect, but did not truly know."

She is locked out of closing unless she hovers over everyone, so instead attacks with spells. She concentrates, likely casting something, but if it went off, nothing happens. "It shrugged off my charm spell as if it were of no concern to it," she says .... with concern.

R10T25: Pim realizes that being totally out of the loop isn't going to help but he doesn't like the idea of not being protected, so unbeknownst to him he puts up a similar defense as the enemy had earlier, casting mirror image on himself for 3 images, having boosted the spell a little with raw arcane power. He then moves into the room under the lights he formed previously.

R10T24: Xhanfaerd, you are still a bit terrified of this creature, though Fronaldo has been carving it from the other side. What do you do?

Gelik on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Focusing despite the fear, Xhanfaerd tries to hit again, using the flanking provided by his ally, hoping for devastating effects.

Show
    Move action, Aid another on myself again.
    Standard action, Harmony Shattering Strike, spending my last focus and 2 PP : if it hits, it will also take +2d6 extra damage on each of my allies attacks.

Aid Another - (1d20+13)[23] (Counting flanking)

Attack - (1d20+17)[35] (counting flanking, aid another, and zeal, but not inspire courage)
    Damage - (2d6+9)[20] (not counting inspire courage)

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will continue to inspire his teammates whilst trying to stay out of the way of the hand-to-hand combatants.

19. - Top - End - #469

R10T24: Focusing despite the fear, Xhanfaerd tries to hit again, using the flanking provided by his ally, hoping for devastating effects. He slams his earthbreaker into the snakeperson's chest for 22.

Pim says to the lillend, "Wait for me..."

R10T16: Gelik continues to inspire his teammates whilst trying to stay out of the way of the hand-to-hand combatants.

".... to clear the ..."

R10T13: The enemy heals 5 and keeps ahold of wand. He looks with a real anguish at both of his enemies, but especially Fronaldo. He spins on the goblin and lets loose with ... not spells ... but a flurry of physical attacks with every bit of its impossible speed. A swift left hand chop to Fronaldo's lower right arm for an amount that should have shattered his arm but Xhanfaerd ends up taking 24 instead. It then sets its right knee into Fronaldo's groin for 23. Using its arm to block Fronaldo from moving his arm, it knees Fronaldo in his left dagger hand for 18. Finally, it bites Fronaldo's left elbow for 13. The goblin feels poison trying to break down his system, but his alchemical training helps fight it off.

R10T12: Fronaldo, you just got jacked up .... and possibly an unfortunate respect for this snakeperson's speed ... a speed that even with mutagen and extract together you can't ever quite match. What do you do?

Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Meep!” gasps Fronaldo. Courage in the face of such an assault in not the diminutive goblin’s strength. The green skinned rogue exits back up the stairs and disappears from view.
    Show

withdrawl back up the stairs and hides in the undergrowth at the top of the Ziggurat.
    Use stealth to hide

21. - Top - End - #471

Meanwhile, the fear effect on Xhanfaerd has ended.

R10T12:
    “Meep!” gasps Fronaldo. Courage in the face of such an assault in not the diminutive goblin’s strength. The green skinned rogue exits back up the stairs and disappears from view.

"...area. And then ...."

R10T11: The viper moves deftly enough into Aron's area to not be targeted by Pim or Aron, but only because the little snake had so many enemies noticing it did it not get past Xhanfaerd's keen eye. The Mwangi half-elf's earthbreaker smaks into the cobbled stone as the viper just squiggles out of the way. It bites at Aron, whose defensive abilites are obscene as she dodges.

"... close and engage!"

R10T8: Aron steps away from the viper to where Tor-ber was previously, casting a spell onto Xhanfaerd so that he can glean some insight as needed.

End Round 10, Begin Round 11 ...

R11T25.1-24.9:
    Thadinhel delays for a few seconds. Pim steps out of the webbed area and casts a spell, sending an ultrasonic scream the serpentfolk's way, but the enemy appears not to have reacted at all to sonic bombardment. Thadinhel then closes on the enemy, passing underneath the disco ball of lights. She attacks with her oversized longsword, but to her dismay she learns of the incredible reaction speed of this enemy.

R11T24: Xhanfaerd, you lost your flank buddy, but you are no longer afraid. Also, you have a guidance on you from Aron to use (so please don't "hoard" it). And even though Fronaldo isn't here anymore, his bewildering effect is still confounding its defenses. What do you do?

Gelik on deck ... Enemy in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With one more methodical hammer strike, the head shining again, Xhanfaerd clearly doesnt intend to extend the fight for much longer.

Show
    Move action : Aid Another ! (there is a pattern here, right ?) Getting +2 from it, and triggering zeal for +2 morale bonus to the party.
    Standard action, Silver Knight's Blade, healing Fronaldo if he's still in range of it.
    Aid Another - (1d20+13)[19]
    Attack - (1d20+18)[34] using guidance here, inspire courage not taken into account.
    Damage - (2d6+9)[18] inspire courage not taken into account.
    [roll=Extra damage + Healing]4d6[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database

23. - Top - End - #473

R11T24: With one more methodical hammer strike, the head shining again, Xhanfaerd clearly doesnt intend to extend the fight for much longer. His earthbreaker slams into the enemy's chest for 28. Fronaldo isn't to be seen, but Pim seems to be the most wounded and he gets the 8 healing.

R11T16: Gelik, what do you do? Keep inspiring? Anything else as well?

Enemy on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will continue to inspire but through the collective he says...

Spoiler: Ssssssss
    Show

"Fronaldo if you can make your way to me, I'll offer healing!"

25. - Top - End - #475

R11T16: Gelik will continue to inspire but through the collective he says...
    Spoiler: Gelik >>> Collective (Fronaldo)
    Show
    "Fronaldo if you can make your way to me, I'll offer healing!"

R11T13: The enemy is no longer bewildered. It seems to be several seconds since he has auto-healed. It still holds its wand deftly even as it expertly avoids a counter from Xhanfaerd, but not the lillend as her sword just scrapes against its scales. Now, with 5' separation from Xhanfaerd and the cover of the tunnel to protect from the lillend, it takes out a small tube of amber and casts a spell, electricity arcing down the stairs to blast Xhanfaerd and Aron. Xhanfaerd sees the lightning bolt being cast and is able to turn to minimize it so he only takes 13 electricity. His body likewise helps shield Aron who gets lit up, but Xhanfaerd takes on that additional 13 electricity to himself.

R11T12: Fronaldo, see Gelik's collective speech above. What do you do?

Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo (still hiding) takes out an extract and quaffs it.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“Give me a little time and I will be alright.”

Show

drink extract of CMW.
    (2d8+6)[20]

27. - Top - End - #477

R11T12: Fronaldo (still hiding) drops his normal dagger, takes out an extract, and quaffs it, healing 30.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “Give me a little time and I will be alright.”

R11T11: The viper tries to slither carefully towards Aron, but it isn't quick enough to avoid Thadinhel from slashing its throat for 22 + bleed. Aron also stabs at it but misses, but so does the viper's counterattack.

R11T8: Aron levels the playing field a little by casting the same spell on Xhanfaerd as the enemy has on itself (blur), feeling that surely its spells must be getting exhausted, and fearful of a physical attack on the group's protector.
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective (Fronaldo)
    Show
    "You might have time, but the rest of us might not. Get down here so we can heal you fully."

End Round 11, Begin Round 12 ...

R12T25:
    Pim, annoyed by the damn viper still on the field taking pot shots but not wanting to gunk up the field with more bodies, invokes ranged spellstrike to brand the viper and pull and toss a line of cards at it. The first card hits for 8 (+1 brand). The next card hits for 7. "Thadinhel, use your best discretion on what must be done to aid us."

R12T24.9: Thadinhel recovers focus from attacking the viper. She then casts a spell, calling on Desna to aid her and large, compassionate hand touches Xhanfaerd to give him 23 healing.

R12T24: Xhanfaerd, what do you do? The enemy is 10' from you (5' gap) up the stairs (difficult terrain).

Gelik on deck, Enemy in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-06-18 at 01:58 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Stepping closer, Xhanfaerd strikes again, trying to insert doubt into the serpentfolk.

Show
    Move in melee, and initiate Chain of Doubt (+3d6 damage, and will save DC 17 or be nauseated for one round.)

Attack - (1d20+13)[23] (without inspire courage)
    Damage - (5d6+9)[33] (same)

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aware of the recent lightning event, Gelik will move south to stay in range of his allies so he can keep inspiring them but also try to get where he can possibly get in a strike or two at the foe if needed.

30. - Top - End - #480

R12T24: Stepping closer, Xhanfaerd strikes again, trying to insert doubt into the serpentfolk, but his weapon is tossed aside by a deflection field.

R12T16: Aware of the recent lightning event, Gelik will move south to stay in range of his allies and then lets loose with a sonic scream that misses.

R12T13: The enemy heals 5 and maintains its hold on the wand. He concentrates carefully, and as yet another wave of terror propagates outwards from him he says, "My name is Issilar, serpentfolk enchanter of the Ancient Empire, and Servant of Ydersius. You are all insects to me! Zsahtlihill, attack the gnome."

He then tries to acrobatically move up the stairs, but might get caught by Xhanfaerd, depending on ...

Everyone, roll a Will save vs. an emotion, fear, mind-affecting, necromantic effect. This is NOT an enchantment/ charm/ compulsion/ language-dependent/ sonic ability.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-06-18 at 03:08 PM.
    Show