New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

R12T13 (Cont'd): Despite feeling another nauseous wave of fright, Xhanfaerd fights through it as best as possible and swings, his earthbreaker bouncing off of its rubbery scales as it creates another gap.

R12T12: Meanwhile, above ... Fronaldo, what do you do (see Collective message for you, above)?

Zsahtlihill (viper) on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Collective
    Show

“Alright, I am coming! Is it still on the stairs?”

Fronaldo grabs several small vials from his pouch and mixes them together before spitting into the mixture. The foul smelling black goo bubbles and hisses. He then scuttles over to the stairs, careful to stay hidden from those below and peaks over the side.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

SA: create STR based Arcanotoxin, added effect additional increased frequency 4rnds.
    MA: move to stairs; use stealth to remain hidden while looking down.

3. - Top - End - #483

R12T12:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “Alright, I am coming! Is it still on the stairs?”
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective (Fronaldo)
    Show
    "Yes!"

Fronaldo grabs several small vials from his pouch and mixes them together before spitting into the mixture. The foul smelling black goo bubbles and hisses. He then scuttles over to the stairs, careful to stay hidden from those below and peaks over the side. He doesn't know if the snakeperson noticed him or not.

R12T11: The viper 5 bleed from its slashed throat. It slithers into one of the many holes/ crevices, likely to bleed to death.

R12T8: Aron moves up behind Xhanfaerd, puts another guidance on Xhanfaerd.

End Round 12, Begin Round 13 ...

R13T25:
    Pim doesn't even try to grab the two returning cards as he screams, "Despair! Despair!" while running out of the room.

R13T24.9: "Though he summoned me," says Thadinhel, "his last order was to help his friends, not follow his cowardice slavishly. I feel fear, too, but I will stay to fight for what little I may."

She then casts the same spell as before and touches Xhanfaerd for 26 healing. "But that was the last of that healing, the Lady of Spheres forgive me."

R13T24: Xhanfaerd, you have only a scratch ... and a guidance. But you have to close to the enemy. What do you do?

Gelik on deck, Issilar in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd tries to stick to melee, aiming his hammer at the serpentfolk's guts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action to get in melee.
    Standard action, Gutstrike (if it hits, Fortitude dc 19 vs sickened.)

Attack - (1d20+13)[30]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[18]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #485

R13T24: Xhanfaerd tries to stick to melee, aiming his hammer at the serpentfolk's guts, landing his blow for 20. To be fair, with the fear Xhanfaerd was feeling, it was only Gelik's solid oration that helped him complete the strike.

R13T16: What Xhanfaerd didn't realize is that Gelik's oration had ended, and only the lingering words in Xhanfaerd's ears were still enlivening him. For Gelik, though, the terror of this Issilar" is too much. With Tor-ber and Pim gone, Gelik gives in to the very despair called for by the fleeing Pim, using the little bits of air to propel his step. He goes the opposite way of Pim, squeezes past the southern columns, off the ziggurat, and with his aerial nimbus continues to flee along the air.

R13T13: Xhanfaerd's fear abates, more out of necessity than bravery. Issilar self-heals 5 and maintains hold of his wand. He looks at the far-less wounded Magaambyan in front of him and takes the better part of valor and with brilliant acrobatics gets away from Xhanfaerd and tries to cross past the unseen Fronaldo, who in turn pops up to stop his advance and ward him back with a poisoned dagger (AOO failed). Xhanfaerd hisses angrily and tries to knock him out with a single blow for 13!

Fronaldo, roll a Fort save!
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo tries to tough out whatever nasty effects snake dude is affecting him with.
    Show

FORT - (1d20+9)[19]

7. - Top - End - #487

Fronaldo tries to tough out whatever nasty effects snake dude is affecting him with, but the speed, power, and precision of the serpentfolk is too much for him as his world goes dark.

Issilar looks around (as Xhan sees him) as if expecting to see something. He looks back down to Xhanfaerd & Co. and says, "Clever, you came from the top, having gotten rid of my guards up here."

R13T8: Aron has also thrown off the effects of the fear that Issilar projected. With Gelik run off, it is Aron's turn to buoy the remains of the heroes. She begins to dance and softly hum joyously, the dance she will dance again at a campfire when the heroes have won. And her dancing is no less inspiring than Gelik's oration. She then picks up the wand of dispel magic that Gelik had dropped when he ran off in terror.

End Round 13, Begin Round 14 ...

R14T25:
    Pim squeezes through the pillar, and like Tor-ber from the other side, leaps from the ziggurat taking only 3 as he uses the vegetation on the side to slow his descent, though he lands on a hard tier 20' below.

R14T24.9: Thadinhel says, "I cannot go up those stairs, and my summoner is in peril. May the Spheres shine in your favor." With that, she leaves the room, landing with a controlled flight next to Pim, below.

R14T24: Xhanfaerd you STILL have the guidance from Aron on you. Issilar moved well up the stairs and you saw him cold **** Fronaldo, dropping him, above. What do you do?

Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Closing the gap, Xhanfaerd uses the divine guidance he was granted to try to take down the serpentfolk.

"What a surprise, we can use tactics !"

Show
    Move action to get closer, and standard action to strike normally, using the guidance bonus

(1d20+14)[20] Guidance counted, but nothing else.
    (2d6+9)[15]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #489

R14T24: Closing the gap, Xhanfaerd uses the divine guidance he was granted to try to take down the serpentfolk, but missing completely. "What a surprise, we can use tactics!"

R14T16: Gelik continues to run on the air...

R14T13: Issilar heals 5 and keeps ahold of his wand. He hisses angrily, as the help he expected having gone means he is all alone to fight the bruiser with the big hammer. He turns to face Xhanfaerd, concentrates, and a third wave of terror flows forth from him down the stairs.

Xhanfaerd, roll a Will save vs. emotion/ mind-affecting/ fear. Add +2 for Aron's dance!
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490

R14T8: Aron continues that dance, seeing the good it has wrought, and moves right up behind Xhanfaerd. She sheathes her short sword, and only holds Gelik's wand now.

End Round 14, Begin Round 15 ...

R15T24:
    Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Gazing into the tactical possibilities, Xhanfaerd raises his hammer, attempting to chain his target again.

Show
    Move action, Aid Another on myself, recovering 4 (so all) expended maneuvers, and getting +2 (morale, applies to all allies) and +2 (circumstance, only me) to attack.
    Standard action, Chains of Doubt, spending 2 PP to increase damage by 2d6 and DC by 1 (Will save DC 18 vs Nauseated).
    Aid Another - (1d20+11)[14] (shaken taken into account)
    Attack - (1d20+15)[34] (all bonuses from Aid another applied, shaken taken into account)
    Damage - (2d6+9)[19]
    Extra Damage - (5d6)[13]

12. - Top - End - #492

R15T24: Gazing into the tactical possibilities, Xhanfaerd raises his hammer, attempting to chain his target again. Instead of a center-strike like previously, however, he actually chains his impact, his earthbreaker landing on the enemy's left foot for 32! Issilar gives a hissing scream in pain and seems unsteady.

Gelik continues to run on air ...

R15T13: Xhanfaerd's previous strike buoys his spirits and he is no longer shaken, but Issilar still heals 5 and keeps hold of his wand. He withdraws, stumbling away from the deadly human-with-a-hammer up and south out of view.

R15T8: Aron isn't about to let him get away that easily and passes Xhanfaerd on the stairs up above to stand over Fronaldo's unmoving form. Having heard Gelik use the wand, Aron likewise uses the wand against Xhanfaerd (whom she apparently can see), even while continuing her dance for her and Xhanfaerd's benefit. She smiles.
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective (Xhanfaerd)
    Show
    "I don't know that it ever helped him, but I did remove the blur effect, just in case."

End Round 15, Begin Round 16 ....

R16T24:
    Xhanfaerd, what do you do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd avances, trying to follow the serpentfolk, then focusing back.

Show
    "If we pursue, I still have one last haste."

Show
    Move as said (square directly south of Fronaldo/Aron), then focus as a move action.

14. - Top - End - #494

R16T24: Xhanfaerd advances, trying to follow the serpentfolk, then focusing back.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    "If we pursue, I still have one last haste."

Aron simply nods. Meanwhile, Xhanfaerd realizes that only Aron and Fronaldo are currently in his collective. The others must be out of range by now.

R116T13: Issilar recovers from his nausea, heals 5, and maintains hold of his wand. "Only I have the secret to the Pillars of Light! Without me, you have nothing!" he laughs triumphantly, while running away. He runs north along the eastern edge of the ziggurat and then jumps down the stairway to the north.

R16T8: "That seals it," says Aron, stopping her inspiration. "Yes, haste us, including Fronaldo, and I will see about getting him back on his feet."

End Round 16, Begin Round 17 ...

R17T24:
    The blur effect on Xhanfaerd has guttered out. Xhanfaerd, what do you do?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd nods, casts Haste, then rushes after the serpentfolk.

Show
    Standard, cast haste. Move, well, move after the serpentfolk.

16. - Top - End - #496

R17T24: Xhanfaerd nods, casts haste (though doing so kinda gives him a headrush), then rushes after the serpentfolk the way he went. When he gets to the staircase he sees him down there and has no time to think about it .... jumping down to cut off his progress farther down the stairs. Unfortunately, even his burst of speed can't help him. Though a powerful man, Xhanfaerd is not necessarily an athletic one, and lands in a prone heap right at Issilar's feet, though the walls helped slow him and he only took 1.

R17T13: Issilar smiles as he heals, and he casts a spell on Xhanfaerd.

Xhanfaerd, roll a Will save vs. charm!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497

R17T13: "Let me pass, and stay here to block anyone coming through."

R17T12: Fronaldo, you come to. Aron is standing directly over him (in his square). He doesn't see anyone else around. What do you do?

Aron on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Wha’ happened?”
    Show

Words are both spoken and via collective if still operational unless that puts him past the word count limit.
    delay for response from Aron.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-06-29 at 04:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499

Aron says, "He escaped, Xhan is giving chase. He went down the northern stairs."

Assuming Fronaldo doesn't fight her, she picks him up and puts him on his feet.

What does Fronaldo do?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

With a wink and a grin, Fronaldo hurries after the snake man and Xhan, drawing a spare dagger from his bandolier as he goes.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>The Collective
    Show

“Where are you, Xhan?”

Show

move 60’ (1 move action) towards the North wall and takes a running jump up to grab the top and climb over. Any extra movement to drop on the other side and down the stairs. Retrieve a dagger.
    SA: retrieves a potion of CMW.
    Boots of the Mire to help him in wet or swampy terrain, if needed.

21. - Top - End - #501

R17T12: “Wha’ happened?”
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective (Xhanfaerd)
    Show
    “Wha’ happened?”

R17T8: Aron says, "He escaped, Xhan is giving chase. He went down the northern stairs." She picks him up and puts him on his feet.

R17T7: With a wink and a grin, Fronaldo hurries after the snake man and Xhan, drawing a spare dagger from his bandolier as he goes.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>>Collective (Xhanfaerd)
    Show
    “Where are you, Xhan?”
    He hops down onto the stairs, and happens to be flanking a prone Xhanfaerd. He is actually surprised himself when that happens and draws a healing potion with his off-hand, but in doing so Issilar bites the little goblin in his left hand for mod 1. It is probably because of his wounds and fatigue, but Fronaldo instantly feels the poison working to weaken him. He can barely stand, with his equipment weighing him down incredibly. At the same time, Xhanfaerd takes 12 and his winded, tired, and he feels a tickling at his nose where he has overextended himself psionically. Still, Fronaldo now has a vial in his hands.

End Round 17, Begin Round 18 ...

R18T24:
    Xhanfaerd, you are prone on the stairs, but earthbreaker still in hand and you are technically still flanking Issilar. In protecting Issilar from the bulk of the damage from that powerful bite, you have emptied out your psionic reserves. There is a ringing in your ears. But you are hasted. What do you do?

Issilar on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Standing up, Xhanfaerd strikes once more, his hammer shining.

"I have a better idea, you will stay there !"

Show
    Move action, stand up from prone.
    Standard action, Silver Knight's Blade (+4d6 damage if it hits, and I'll heal the one that looks the most wounded around.)
    Attack - (1d20+13)[29]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[16]
    Extra - (4d6)[10]

23. - Top - End - #503

R18T24: Standing up, Xhanfaerd strikes once more, his hammer shining. "I have a better idea, you will stay there!"

He brings his earthbreaker down onto Issilar's left shoulder for 26, dropping the enemy, and granting 10 healing to Fronaldo.

R18T13: Issilar lays there ... unmoving ... his wand having slipped out of his inanimate fingers, and still being greased, slides down the stairs out of sight below.

R18T8: Aron double moves to be closer.

R18T7: Fronaldo, roll a saving throw vs. poison (remember your bonus vs. poisons). What do you do?

Xhanfaerd on deck, Aron in the hole, initiative continuing as Fronaldo is fighting off an afflication!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo drops a dagger and retrieves a vial of anti-toxin from his left pouch of his haversack and quaffs it. He slumps down against the wall.
    Spoiler: collective
    Show

”Ack! Poisoned! Help!”

Show

drink antitoxin if possible before his fort save rolled on discord. Add +5 to roll.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-07-02 at 11:47 AM.

25. - Top - End - #505

R18T7: Even with Fronaldo's own vast knowledge of poison, the fallen enemy's natural poison is incredibly powerful. Fronaldo experiences significant muscular atrophied and is now impaired. Fronaldo drops a dagger and retrieves a vial of anti-toxin from his left pouch of his haversack and quaffs it. He slumps down against the wall.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    "Ack! Poison!"

End Round 18, Begin Round 19 ...

R19T24:
    Xhanfaerd, you see Fronaldo barely standing and he just took a vial of something. He seems to be in very bad shape and mentions he's been poisoned. What do you do?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Transmitting their location through the collective, Xhanfaerd looks at Fronaldo, tapping into his scholarly knowledge to aid him.

Show
    We are at the other stairs, Fronaldo needs help !

Show
    Move to get close, then start casting Lesser Restoration if he has taken any ability damage. (spending 1 arcane)

27. - Top - End - #507

R19T24: Transmitting their location through the collective...
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    We are at the other stairs, Fronaldo needs help!"
    ...Xhanfaerd looks at Fronaldo, tapping into his scholarly knowledge to aid him. It does seem to have a little bit of effect on him, taking him from impaired to weakened.

R19T8: Aron will drag Fronaldo (whom I assume doesn't resist) up and out of the stairs so it is easier to help him.

R19T7: Fronaldo, Xhanfaerd's spell only provided seconds of minor relief, but your body is fighting this poison. You've had a chance to get a good "feel" for it to maybe more knowledgeably tend to yourself even as the antitoxin begins to work. Roll a Fort save vs. poison, and add in the antitoxin bonus. What do you do, success/ fail?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Even as the poison is wreaking havoc on his body, Fronaldo’s mind is busy analyzing the poison’s effect and progress. Using his knowledge of poisons to aid in his fight against it.
    Show

knowledge check craft: alchemy to analyze the poison and help fight it.
    Fort - (1d20+18)[22]

“The snake man slid down the stairs. He is of value and may still be alive. I need his poison to synthesize an antidote.” Fronaldo wheezes to Arun.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-07-03 at 07:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #509

R19T7: Even as the poison is wreaking havoc on his body, Fronaldo’s mind is busy analyzing the poison’s effect and progress. Using his knowledge of poisons to aid in his fight against it. It seems that knowledge either has abated it ... permanently or temporarily. But Fronaldo also knows that the more powerful poisons can continue to bite even when you think they've been defeated.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo
    Show
    You made a save, but you don't feel like you're out of the woods yet. Your body is still fighting the poison.

“The snake man slid down the stairs. He is of value and may still be alive. I need his poison to synthesize an antidote.” Fronaldo wheezes to Aron.

End Round 19, Begin Round 20 ...

R20T24:
    Xhanfaerd, if you continue to give Fronaldo aid, you have to go up the stairs to the top where Aron dragged him. What do you do?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510

CORR: Xhanfaerd prepared his mind to call on nature' healing powers and moved up to Fronaldo.

Fronaldo mentioned keeping the snake-man alive. Xhanfaerd begins casting the spell. Aron passes Xhanfaerd to get to the stairs and says, "He's gone!"

But Xhanfaerd is now dedicated to his healing spell he is going to cast, and Fronaldo likewise has not the strength to move and needs to stay there for the healing. Aron disappears to give chase.

Fronaldo, roll another Fort save vs. poison, with the antitoxin bonus.
    Show