New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

"I can still fight, but rest would be preferable indeed. We'll need to return to the camp after clearing out the place, though."

He looks at Book.

"I find it quite peculiar that I know more about the books about you that about the books you wrote, but we all have issues finding editors, I suppose."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    "I can still fight, but rest would be preferable indeed. We'll need to return to the camp after clearing out the place, though."

He looks at Book.

"I find it quite peculiar that I know more about the books about you that about the books you wrote, but we all have issues finding editors, I suppose."
    Book shakes his head..."Believe me, pal... There's a lot in those stories that are overexaggerated... Do you have any idea how difficult it's become trying to live up to some of that stuff?"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

"So, you recommend clearing the rest of this ziggurat today, then?" asks Aron of Xhanfaerd.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo pales to a lighter shade of green at the thought of further exploration of the Ziggurat today.
    “I think we should rest here and wait for the others. Who knows what dangers await us below.”

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    Fronaldo pales to a lighter shade of green at the thought of further exploration of the Ziggurat today.
    “I think we should rest here and wait for the others. Who knows what dangers await us below.”
    "Well, actually... I think I have a rough idea... but you and I are in agreement... We should allow the others time to get back to us and take a breather before we continue on."

He looks at Aron and says "The little guy is looking pretty green around the gills and has a valid point. There is strength in numbers."

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Our base camp is outside, we'll need to either get back there to rest, or move it in the ziggurat. We probably can't risk exploring it further today."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #547

Working together, the party climbs down the external vegetation easily enough, and retreats from the Ziggurat, and then Tazion, and getting the the Pathfinder vanguard campsite. Nobody else is there yet. You make normal camp arrangements (starting a fire, cooking food, etc.).

Even after dinner .... nothing. No Pim. No Tor-ber. No Gelik.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will make the rounds to each person after dinner and make proper introductions. He will ask questions to each person about their interests and listen engagingly and provide intelligent and witty responses. No matter how you may want to feel about him, he has a presence about him that makes you think he may just be an all-right guy.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo sits fuming by the campfire as Dr. Book makes his rounds, muttering to himself.
    “The tall, womanizing
    Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    $&$&@#
    Dr. Book struts around the camp “acting” friendly and tall. Fronaldo sees through his tall facade, oh yes! If he thinks he can swoop in with his tallness and chiseled good looks and steal Aron away from Fronaldo, well then he’s got another thing coming!”
    Fronaldo wonders if he has the ingredients for a strong laxative in his alchemist kit. He believes he does. He wonders if Dr. Book drinks coffee or tea in the morning…
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-07-15 at 09:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550

Since there are only four of you, Aron recommends that the watch be split up in 2-hour shifts apiece, with extra sleep time before and after as needed ... and with Dr. Book and Fronaldo as back-to-back watches in the middle of night.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book agrees with Aron and her wise suggestion. At the midpoint of the night during the watch change over, he will engage Fronaldo in conversation, extolling the virtues of the size of the goblin and the advantages it must provide. And having never met one of his race in a "friendly situation", he will ask about his culture and society and seem genuinely interested.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2021-07-16 at 04:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo seems distracted as he answers, “I was found as an infant and raised by humans in Cheliax. I only know of Goblin culture from reading. I would say that there aren’t any other Goblins like me.”
    He suddenly perks up and he smiles a huge pointy toothed grin, “ Say Dr. Book, how do you take your coffee?”

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Sensing that he may have perhaps finally made a breakthrough with the diminutive fellow, Book smiles and says, "Well, this late I usually don't have any, but since you offered... Black is fine, please."

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Black…hmm. Yes, black is fine. Good. Good. Now to find some beans…”
    The diminutive rochemist continues to mutter and plot to himself ignoring Dr. Book.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

Did anyone bring coffee or can he find any wild coffee plants or a similar flora? I acknowledge that he is no botanist and I am not looking to find something at the middle of the night. He is merely caught up in his elaborate revenge plot against Dr. book as he fantasizes about embarrassing his hated rival Dr. Book and sweeping the lovely Aron off her feet and down to his level…Well one can dream.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Oh! If you don't have any, that's fine. I should probably turn in any way. Enjoy your watch! Good night!" And he rises to head off to his bedroll.

16. - Top - End - #556

Sadly, Fronaldo has only had coffee a couples times in his life. It is a semi-expensive luxury (or was when/where he had it), and he only saw ground beans. He doesn't know what coffee beans look like, let alone a proper coffee ... tree? Yes, Fronaldo isn't sure if coffee comes as tree nuts, legumes, or even tubers.

Xhanfaerd gets the final watch, and the party is spared any interruptions of sleep. Normally, this would be a good thing, but it portends that that three missing party members - alone or collectively - are unable or unwilling to return to camp.

Time for Xhanfaerd to wake the camp.

Wealday, 29 Kuthona 4710 AR
    Weather: High 100F/ Low 80F; Precipitation: Heavy (~1-1/2" rain); Humidity; Saturated, making it feel about 105F-125F

At this latitude, you are just about at the end of the first month of summer (it would be the end of the first month of winter back "home" for most of you). Everyone wakes up feeling horrible and sticky, and you need to determine how you will deal with the heat of the day when it comes to spell planning ....

So, how will you set up spells, maneuvers, etc.? So you know, Aron has nothing magical to help assuage the jungle heat, beyond simply healing people of exposure damage (and a mediocre Survival bonus).
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Given the current situation, Xhanfaerd replaces Enlarge Person with Magic Missile.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo awakens hot, wet and miserable. Not only did he not find any coffee with which to enact retribution on the man mountain, Dr. Book; his friends have not returned to camp. He dresses for the day and pulls on his boots of the mire which help with wetness if not the heat. He then taps himself with his wand of endure elements. He sighs gratefully as the magic eases his discomfort. Pulling out his equipment he quickly prepares his alchemical extracts and mutagen for the day.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

prepare mutagen =Dex. Prepare normal list of extracts except prepare Shield as an additional 1st level extract.
    Does he recover HP fully during rest?

Fronaldo, once all his gear has been carefully packed away, walks to the others to share his wand as needed. (Even begrudgingly with Dr. Book if necessary). Then his search for breakfast begins…
    Spoiler: survival
    Show

Fronaldo preference is the forage for fresh food each meal. If this is not practical or the group decides against spending the time, he will begrudgingly gnaw on some rations.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will awaken quickly and is grateful for Fronaldos wand and thanks him with a nod and slap on the shoulder.

He turns to find Aron, "Ma'am, I'm concerned about your missing party members. I'd be of a mind to organize a small search team if you'd like?"

20. - Top - End - #560

Oh, the night prior, Aron had to share one of her rations with Book.

Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Given the current situation, Xhanfaerd replaces Enlarge Person with Magic Missile.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    He then taps himself with his wand of endure elements ... walks to the others to share his wand as needed. He sighs gratefully as the magic eases his discomfort. Pulling out his equipment he quickly prepares his alchemical extracts and mutagen for the day.
    Done. It is important to note that while Fronaldo no longer has any visible wounds, he isn't free of the effect of poison. He has gotten a little better, from Impaired to Weakened, but he is still as if he is carrying a heavy load right now. All things considered, and that so much of him depends on agility, that is not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    Book ... to... Aron, "Ma'am, I'm concerned about your missing party members. I'd be of a mind to organize a small search team if you'd like?"
    She looks over poor Fronaldo. "Losing Tor-ber was brutal. He wasn't a physician, but our best healer - not magical healing, but actually trained. Fronaldo and I both have had the most basic battlefield medical training, but it wasn't good enough to help Fronaldo overcome being poisoned. This means he needs a good day of rest. Hell, Tor-ber was our best survivalist, too. I hope we can find signs of him, but that will have to be for tomorrow."

After asking for how many rations people have each, the party is not in a great way. Aron has one ration; Fronaldo has two; Xhanfaerd has three. This means that the party really does need to take it easy today to allow Fronaldo to heal while those that are not resting help hunt and forage.

Fronaldo, are you going to refuse to rest? or, are you going to take Aron's advice in trying to overcome the poison?
    Spoiler: Tending to Survival Before Exploration
    Show
    She will try long-term healing on you for faster healing if you do. Please note it is one of the few places where "physician (cannot) heal thyself." You can't even assist in that roll.

This will leave Xhanfaerd to guard Fronaldo (as he has no skill at gathering/ foraging/ hunting), and Aron and Book to get food for the party.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-19 at 01:36 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo will gratefully accept Aron’s ministrations and take a day of rest to recover. If he can manage it while resting, he will study the snakefolk’s spell book for new extracts to try.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will come over to where Fronaldo is resting and kneel down by him...

"That's great, little guy. You rest up and recover. Aron and I will head off into the brush and try to find some food. Maybe I'll be able to bring you back some coffee fixings!"

He stands up and stretches before saying, "Wow... It's still pretty warm..." And he unbuttons his shirt...

Kneeling back down, he whispers to Fronaldo, " I don't know... Do you think an elf like her and a guy like me could..." before trailing off looking in Arons direction...
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2021-07-19 at 12:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Ack!”, gasps Fronaldo as if choking on a particularly rotten piece of potato. “No! …No, I mean definitely not.”
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-07-19 at 06:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book smiles wryly and rises again... "Rest, friend. We'll bring food."

And crossing to Aron says, "Ma'am, I'm ready when you are."

25. - Top - End - #565

Book, do you keep it "just business" in helping scare up some grub?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Just business...

27. - Top - End - #567

Book and Aron are nearly evenly matched in terms of general survival lore, but it turns out Book just edges out the lunar oracle, knowing a few extra tricks. They return to the camp with just enough food for everyone.

Does the party want to honor the rest and go with maximum resources tomorrow? or, do they want Xhanfaerd to burn spell and arcane point to make Fronaldo feel better now and get back to Tazion to hopefully find the missing?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Playing up the part of the valiant wounded warrior, Fronaldo staggers up from his bed roll.
    “I am fine. Nothing to worry about! Let’s go.”
    He strides forward then mostly fakes tripping into Aron, loosing his balance and grabbing her for support.
    “Sorry. Got a little light headed there.”

29. - Top - End - #569

As it so happens, Aron is surprised, but Book - heart of gold that he has - reflexively catches the falling goblin.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, there big fella. Easy does it. Let's get you back to your bedroll." and Book leads him back to lay down.