New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

R2T4: Weighing his options, Xhanfaerd methodically strikes with his silvery hammer to hit the fiendish wasp in the wing connector/ shoulder for 28, while Xhanfaerd himself heals 11.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23:
    Fronaldo, you have a magic dagger in one hand, a vial of antitoxin in the other. You are no longer fighting off poison, having fought off both administrations of poison when you got stung getting away from the queen wasp. What do you do?

Queen Wasp on deck, Book in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

”Wow! We need to withdraw. I will check the door to the North to see if it safe that way.”

Fronaldo moves to the North door and stores his vial of antitoxin in his belt pouch.

3. - Top - End - #753

R3T23:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    ”Wow! We need to withdraw. I will check the door to the North to see if it safe that way.”
    Fronaldo moves to the North door and stores his vial of antitoxin in his belt pouch.

R3T21: The Queen Wasp hums angrily at the strike Xhanfaerd placed, and some unknown sense of what the energy surrounding that healing must mean, because the wasp now seems hyper-focused on Xhanfaerd. It stings him in the left hand, and this time it hurts a lot more than expected for 23. Though Xhanfaerd is able to continue to shrug off the poison, it feels as if there is now more than poison, but coalesced malice in the creature's attack.

R3T11: Book, whip is in hand. What do you do?

Aron on deck, Xhanfaerd in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will move west and south to be in a position to engage the waspish type and strike out with his whip in an attempt to entangle her legs and trip her.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show

SwA: Activate Lucky Strike

MA: Move 10'W then 5' S to engage

SA: Trip attack with his whip: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage: (1d3+4)[5]

If attacked, I will use Dodging Panache and move 1 square NW.

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #755

R3T11: Book moves southwest to be in a position to engage the waspish type and strikes out with his whip, tripping her.

R3T5: Aron gawks at the entire maneuver, mouthlessly wording a "Wow." "Okay, you are obviously far better with that than I am!"
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective
    Show
    "Sorry, Fronaldo, but if this thing gives chase, I am sure it can fly faster than any of us can run."
    She casts CSW on Xhanfaerd for 18.

R3T4: Xhanfaerd, what do you do? The fiendish queen wasp is currently prone.

Fronaldo on deck, Queen Wasp in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-09-09 at 07:34 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd focuses again, before hammering down toward the wasp.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    It's vulnerable, time to attack now !

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action, aid myself, to recover Body of Delusion. (+2 competence to attack to myself, +2 moral bonus to attack to myself and my allies)
    Body of Delusion will be initiated if anyone is hit by the stinger.
    Rerolling either the first save, or the first attack that hits me with my stance.
    I'll redirect the first instance of damage taken by my allies that's more than 10 damage.
    Standard action, Harmony-Shattering Strike (with Risky Strike), spending 2 pp and my focus to have the bonus effect (my allies deal +2d6 damage per hit against it) work without allowing a save.
    Aid Myself - (1d20+12)[17] (no bonus taken into account)
    Attack - (1d20+10)[14] (no bonus taken into account)
    Damage - (2d6+13)[18] (no bonus taken into account)
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #757

R3T4: Xhanfaerd focuses again, before hammering down toward the wasp, hitting it in a leg for 13 mod.
    Spoiler: Xhanfaerd >>> Collective
    Show
    It's vulnerable, time to attack now!"

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23:
    Fronaldo, what do you do? You have a single magic dagger in hand (and two others dropped).

Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo sighs heavily, “This is going to get me killed.”
    He limps quickly back to the fray, favoring his wounded leg.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: move 25 feet West next to Arun.
    SA: throw magic dagger at wasp queen , Risky strike, precise shot
    to hit - (1d20+12)[16]
    to damage - (1d3+15)[16]

9. - Top - End - #759

R4T23: Fronaldo sighs heavily, “This is going to get me killed.” He limps quickly back to the fray, favoring his wounded leg. He tosses his magic dagger. Even with Xhanfaerd's mental help and the thing being prone, that damned goofbal with the funny hat is in your way and fouls Fronaldo's shot ... his dagger bouncing off of its fiendish chitin and landing in the room somewhere just on the other side of the entrance wall right near Book.

R4T21: The Queen Wasp goes to get to its feet. Book kicks it lightly in the head, ineffectually. Also incredibly, Xhanfaerd's earthbreaker bounces off the chitin with a poorly lined up swing. Now on its feet, the Queen Wasp makes as bad an attack as Xhanfaerd tried. With his stiffened muscles, Xhanfaerd is ridiculously easy to bite, but he is able to summon his willpower to minimize the damage (body of delusion) to only do 9. His body almost falls prey to the poison, but his psionically-endowed stance protects him.

R4T11: Book, what do you do? You are staring down the Queen Wasp who is back on all six of her feet.

Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book, feeling that his luck will may or may not hold as time wears on, taps into his inner cunning and attempts to trip the wasp up again.

Show
    \

SwA: Use 1 guile from Guile Pool to add +2 circumstance bonus to all attack rolls to the end of his turn.

SA: Trip attack with his whip. Attack roll: (1d20+11)[23]

If attacked, use Dodging Panache and move 1 square NW.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

11. - Top - End - #761

R4T11: Book, feeling that his luck will may or may not hold as time wears on, taps into his inner cunning and attempts to trip the wasp up again. But with six legs to try and upend, that is a solid effort and a solid fail.

R4T5: Aron casts a healing spell on Xhanfaerd, but she rushes it and it only heals 6.

R4T4: Xhanfaerd, your zeal ends. What do you do?

Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Clearly adept at near static combats, Xhanfaerd maintains his concentration, hitting once more with his silvery hammer.

Show
    Move action for aid another on myself, recovering Silver Knight's Blade (again, +2 from aid another, +2 from Zeal)
    Standard action, Silver Knight's Blade, with Risky Strike.
    Aid Another - (1d20+12)[30]
    Attack - (1d20+10)[29] No bonus taken into account.
    Damage - (2d6+13)[17]
    Extra Damage - (4d6)[14]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

13. - Top - End - #763

R4T4: Clearly adept at near static combats, Xhanfaerd maintains his concentration, hitting once more with his earthbreaker, but not having recovered silver knight's blade as he had hoped. Still, his weapon slams true in the Queen Wasp's side for 12 mod.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T23:
    Fronaldo, you have nothing in hand. What do you do?

Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo is shocked that his dagger didn’t return. Must be a anti magic area or ability.
    Desperately he pulls a small flask from his kit filled with greenish goo. He concentrates briefly and the mixture glows a virulent emerald. He then retrieves a new dagger from his bandolier.
    Show

create archanotoxin- strength, duration 4 rnds

15. - Top - End - #765

R5T23: Fronaldo is shocked that his dagger didn’t return. Must be a anti magic area or ability,he thinks to himself. Desperately he pulls a small flask from his kit filled with greenish goo. He concentrates briefly and the mixture glows a virulent emerald. He then retrieves a new dagger from his bandolier.

R5T21: Book is annoying, but the Queen Wasp seems hyperfocused on Xhanfaerd ... he's weaker, easier to hit, and for some reason she seems to have particular viciousness against him. Her stinger "grazes" Xhanfaerd right in the cheek for 18. Again, though, the Magaambyan shows what he's made of by fighting off the poison.

R5T11: Book, what do you do?

Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Xhanfaerd! Fall back! Maybe you can lure her out of this space!"

And then in what he hopes to be a dazzling display, Book flails his whip confidently about above his head and around him, putting on a show of such skill that any might be moved by what they see.

Show

FRA: Dazzling Display (Ex): FRA, while wielding any flails group weapon (incl. whips), he makes an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes w/in 30' who can see his display.

Intimidate check: (1d20+17)[33]

17. - Top - End - #767

R5T11: "Xhanfaerd! Fall back! Maybe you can lure her out of this space!" Book cries out. Then in what he hopes to be a dazzling display, Book flails his whip confidently about above his head and around him, putting on a show of such skill that any might be moved by what they see. It is truly a terrifying and wonderful display of whipwork.

R5T5: Aron casts more healing on Xhanfaerd for 10.

R5T4: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With one more focused strike, Xhanfaerd groans.

"If I move back now, the others will be exposed to the venom !"

Show
    Move action to aid myself, this time recovering Silver Knight's Blade.
    Aid Myself - (1d20+12)[30]

Standard action, Silver Knight's Blade for 4d6 extra damage on the wasp, same amount of healing on me.
    Attack - (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[12]
    Extra Damage - (4d6)[16]
    (Last turn, no maneuver used, turn before, Harmony Shattering Strike used)

19. - Top - End - #769

R5T4: With one more focused strike, Xhanfaerd groans as his earthbreaker barely manages to get through its chitin for 23 mod, and giving Xhanfaerd 16 healing. "If I move back now, the others will be exposed to the venom!"

end Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T23:
    The attuned dagger flips from its place behind the wall and back to Fronaldo's hand. Fronaldo, what do you do? You have magic dagger in one hand and STR arcanotoxin in another.

Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Somewhat startled, Fronaldo is nonetheless happy to feel the comfortable weight of his favorite knife back in his hand. He smears the green goo on the blade and whips the small dagger at the winged beastie.
    “Hang in there Xhan! You need healing or antitoxin?”
    Show

MA: apply archanotoxin to dagger
    SA: throw dagger, spend guile pool +2 attack, Risky strike
    to hit - (1d20+12)[32]
    by the sheet only.
    to dam - (1d3+5)[8]
    not sure what the damage is for the thrown dagger

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Laying waste roll
    Show

(1d20)[5]
    (2d6)[7]

22. - Top - End - #772

R6T23: Somewhat startled, Fronaldo is nonetheless happy to feel the comfortable weight of his favorite knife back in his hand. He smears the green goo on the blade and whips the small dagger at the winged beastie, hitting with a light crit of 13 mod + weakened! “Hang in there, Xhan! You need healing or antitoxin?”

R6T21: The Queen Wasp shrugs off any further effects of poison, but at least it weakened her. She stings Xhanfaerd in the chest for 18, even weakened, so hateful is her malice towards the half-elf. Again Xhan resists the poison.

R6T11: Book, what do you do?

Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

In a display of great acrobatic derring-do, Book tumbles past the Wasp to her left.

Show

MA: Tumble through occupied space to the wasps left ending in the space with the green dagger.
    Expend 1 Panache on Derring-Do (Ex): 1 panache, when he makes an Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Fly, Ride, or Swim check to roll 1d6 and add the result to the check.

Derring-Do: (1d6)[2]

IA: Use Dodging Panache if attacked.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Shaking his head as he concentrates, Xhanfaerd answers between his teeth as he strikes at the wasp's abdomen.

"I'm fine ! Don't worry !"

Show
    Move action, aid myself, to recover Harmony Shattering Strike (and getting +2 +2 to attack for me, +2 for my allies).
    Aid myself - (1d20+12)[28]

Standard action, Gutstrike, with Risky Strike (Fort DC 19 or be sickened).
    Attack - (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage - (2d6+13)[23]

25. - Top - End - #775

R6T11: In a display of great acrobatic derring-do, Book tumbles past the Wasp to her left!

R6T5: It is the ending of this battle, surely, but Aron begins a sultry dance for the benefit of her fellows. She sidesteps to the east, so Book can better see her dancing.

R6T4: Shaking his head as he concentrates, Xhanfaerd answers between his teeth as he strikes at the wasp's abdomen, hitting her for 20 mod. "I'm fine! Don't worry!"

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T23:
    Fronaldo's magic dagger returns to him. What does he do now?

Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“How did his hat stay on tumbling like that…?” wonders Fronaldo aloud. He whips his dagger at the queen again.
    Show

SA: throw dagger, RIsky strike, + 2 attack guile pool
    to hit - (1d20+12)[16]
    to dam - (1d3+15)[16]

27. - Top - End - #777

R7T23: “How did his hat stay on tumbling like that…?” wonders Fronaldo aloud. He whips his dagger at the queen again, but it bounces off of its carapace.

R7T21: The Queen Wasp, who is looking pretty mangled right now, continues her hatred-fueled assault against Xhanfaerd, stinging him in his left foot for 19. This time, however, after so many recent stings, Xhanfaerd's luck has run out .... or the toxins continued to build up in his sytem until they were impossible to ignore. Xhanfaerd is now staggered.
    Spoiler: Staggered, per afflictions, rather than just the condition ....
    Show
    Staggered: A character staggered by Dexterity poison is so slowed and stiffened that he gains all the effects of the staggered condition (except that he can take a full-round action if it is purely mental).

R7T11: Book, what do you do?

Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book dashes further past the wasp to a flanking position and strikes out once again with his whip, hoping against hope that he can deal some damage and spare Xhanfaerd from further harm.

Show

MA: Move to the square with the X in it behind the wasp.

Attack action:

Strike with whip:
    Attack roll: (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[4]

Sneak Attack (Ex): +3d6 precision damage anytime he is flanking foe, or foe would be denied DEX bonus to AC.

Sneak Attack damage: (3d6)[15]

29. - Top - End - #779

R7T11: Book dashes further past the wasp to a flanking position and strikes out once again with his whip, hoping against hope that he can deal some damage and spare Xhanfaerd from further harm. But in doing so, the Queen Wasp stabs him in the left shoulder for 10, poison coursing through book to make him feel not only sluggish, but stiff as well.
    Spoiler: Stiffened
    Show
    * Stiffened: A character stiffened by Dexterity poison feels numb and stiff. He is considered flat-footed and is denied his Dexterity bonus to AC, even if he has uncanny dodge. He can’t make attacks of opportunity.
    He slashes with his whip at its rear abdomen, doing significant damage for 16 mod.

R7T5: Aron continues her dance. She prays to the moon, touches Xhanfaerd, and offers him more insight.

R7T4: Xhanfaerd, roll a save vs. poison. You have a guidance you can use. You are staggered, so only a MA or SA (unless purely mental actions, which allow for FRA). What do you do?

Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd taps into the divine help to resist the poison, before attempting a new psionic imbued strike.

Show
    Using guidance on the fort save.
    Fort - (1d20+9)[29]
    Standard action, Harmony Shattering Strike spending 2 pp (Will save, DC 19, or take 2d6 extra damage per attack from my allies)
    Attack - (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[17]