New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1389
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

Fronaldo throws his small dagger at the constrictor once again.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“Are you alright, Aron?”

Spoiler: crunch
    Show

FAA, Risky Strike, throw dagger
    to hit - (1d20+10)[17]
    to dam - (1d3+11)[12]

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

R3T27: Fronaldo throws his small dagger at the constrictor once again, but not before it snaps at him. Fronaldo ducks underneath and sails the dagger in for 12.

R3T18: Book, what do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book lashes out with his whip at the boa.

Spoiler: When a snake meets a snake...
    Show

Attack using Risky Strike
    (1d20+11)[27]

Damage: (1d3+14)[17] (1d3 + 9 + 5)

Demoralize

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #1114

R3T18: Book lashes out with his whip at the boa python, slashing it for 17, and dropping it.

Aron follows up by putting the torch to its head (maybe a few times) as Fronaldo's dagger comes back to him.

Combat Ends ...

And with that, while they still need to use the torches to get snakes to move (and therefore difficult terrain), this party of predators has proven their puissance against pit vipers and pythons. No more violet mambas, Mwangi ringed pythons, or other uppity snakes actually attack. Lots of posturing that the torches make them recoil from doing, but this area is theirs to look through.

After a thorough search, the party only really notes one thing of interest in this "Tower of Serpents" .... there is a small room to the north that has a shaft that connects to Taizon's abandoned subterranean aqueducts.

Fronaldo's mirror image will wink out during this search.

What does the party do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

”That was way harder than it should have been…” Book says as he takes a moment to reload his sidearm before dropping it back into its holster.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo tosses his torch into a pile of snakes before drawing a second dagger.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“Stay together and try to be quiet. I will scout ahead about 50 ft. If I come to a branch in the way, I will mark my direction with a mark like this.”

The green skinned goblin scratches a crude arrow into the dirty stone floor with his back up dagger.
    Show

“I will stay in touch with the mind speak.”

He sheathes his daggers and retrieves some silk rope from his pack. He secures the end and tosses the rest down the shaft. He hands a sun rod to Aron with a wink before donning his pack again.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective (Xhan)
    Show

“I could really use some of your “special” healing before climbing down into the pit of Doom, Xhan. I still feel weak from the blood loss the little bitters did to me.”

Healed or not, the little guy grabs the rope and shimmies down the shaft.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Before Fronaldo leaves, Xhanfaerd casts Lesser Restoration on him to reduce the blood loss.

"Sure, let's be safe."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Fronaldo regains 1 CON (back to max), which also increases his hp max and gives him 6 hp actual.

Fronaldo shimmies down the shaft, but doesn't go very far at all before he is moving more horizontally than vertically (and even that was a gentle slope, as if the aqueduct were designed for the ancients to enter in case of needed maintenance.

Now what, Fronaldo? it looks like hte aqueduct goes west-ish well out of sight of your darkvision.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“It is not far down. Come down and bring my rope if you can. I will wait for everyone before moving out.”

Fronaldo moves to West quietly until he is about 50 ft from the shaft. He drinks an elixir.
    Show

drink elixir of CMW
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-01-13 at 07:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1120

The potion heals over the last bit of physical trauma Fronaldo was suffering, but not the muscle strain.

So, it seems the party is now taking the aqueduct westwards, and the party did see an aqueduct entrance on the western side of Tazion before that this might intersect with.

While down here, how far in the lead is Fronaldo going to be? Book, are you fine with Fronaldo's desires, or do you amend whatever he asks (remember that Fronaldo doesn't need light, but you do)?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-01-13 at 08:15 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book nods to Fronaldo...

"I think we should stay closer together. Don't want you missing anything that might be dangerous... remember that trigger pad you missed when we were back up there? Let's not have a repeat! Plus... It's really dark, so... Any solutions to that for us light dependant types?"

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo huffs and shuffles about self-consciously.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective(Book)
    Show

“Yeah, I might not spot every little thing, but your light will announce to everything down here we are coming before you can see them. Plus Xhan is noisy and I can move quietly. I will only be just ahead of you. Think of me as your early warning danger detector. I might not spot every danger, but I will inevitably find the danger and I am fast enough to avoid most and I can sneak up on things. That sounds good, right?”
    ”I gave Aron a sun rod for light so you should be good. I will be just ahead of its light… And use the mind speak so we don’t make noise.”

Show

Fronaldo will stay 60 feet ahead of the group to keep ahead of the light.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective
    Show
    "Right. Right... Sorry. I forgot... Well, lead on then!"
    and Book will follow along as suggested.

14. - Top - End - #1124

The party moves due west for approximately an eighth of a mile or so before Fronaldo there is a T. The passage you are on continues, but there is now also another aqueduct passageway heading to the south.

Which way do you go? Turn south, or continue west?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“There is a passage to the left or “South”. I am going that way. Move a little slower than your normal speed.”

The sound of metal scratching on stone is heard as Fronaldo makes a mark pointing south. When he sees the glow of the party he moves down the southern passage.
    Show

moving silently at normal 3/4 speed. If he needs to slow down or speed up a little to keep ahead of the party’s light he will.

16. - Top - End - #1126

After traveling about 200 yards in a SSE direction, the aqueduct comes to an end as it opens into a large "chimney." The aqueduct's end is about 20' below a large hole in the surface above, and drops down another 40'.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“The aqueduct ends in a shaft up to the surface and also down. I will wait here for you to catch up to me.”

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Looking around, Xhanfaerd casts Detect Magic, in order to check if there are any clues at the embranchement, before moving toward the chimney.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "We should probably first securise both ends of this embranchement before considering going down the chimney ?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“Down promises to be more interesting than up. Anyone have more rope?”

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective(Fronaldo)
    Show

Down it is then. Oh! Yeah! Hold on... Awwww. Nuts... I left my rope in that cave with that short kid... I liked his hat, too. Oh well. Sorry!"

21. - Top - End - #1131

Okay, how are you going to do the downward bit? Rope/ no rope? Who's going first? If rope, how anchored? Etc.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo examines the shaft. Can he see bottom? How are the sides for climbing?

23. - Top - End - #1133

Fronaldo sees that the shaft continues 40' to the bottom.

He studies the nearby walls of the shaft and realizes that if he were to free climb, it would be a challenging climb.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Question Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“It is about 40 ft to the bottom and a challenging climb without rope.”

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective (Frodo)
    Show
    I mean... I do have my whip... But that will only give about 15' of climbing. I think maybe another way might be better... Come on back, pal.

26. - Top - End - #1136

Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective
    Show
    "It's a sizeable shaft, in width I mean .... not just depth. Could you boys figure out some math magic and possibly figure out where in Tazion we might be? Just to get a sense of position."

Assuming you take her suggestion, with Fronaldo's help Book easily figures that this is actually the Well of Unending Screams (as Gelik had translated the runes previously). Before you met Book, the larger surviving of your group had a fight with charau-ka and even managed to keep from fighting a horror that crawled out of the shaft - a type of octopoidal aberration that took dead charau-ka with it back into the well.
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective
    Show
    "So, that means a thing we had a truce with to keep from violence lives below. I say we avoid it and head west."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“As you wish, Arun. I have no desire to run into that thing in a tight space!”

Fronaldo smiles and heads off North and then takes the West branch; moving silent at 3/4 speed.

28. - Top - End - #1138

As Fronaldo takes the western branch .... with the party following 60' behind him (approx.) ... there will be standing water here and there in the aqueduct. Soon, the aqueduct rises up to the surface. Ahead there is a stone section in the middle of the aqueduct. It is an obstacle that one can easily amble over, not a full-size wall. Fronaldo's not an engineer, so he doesn't understand it's purpose. Still, it is an easy shot to the end.

Fronaldo, you clamber over the obstacle?
    Spoiler: Aqueduct Entrance Map (Discord is Down)
    Show
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show

“I think I found the entrance we spotted a couple days ago. I will wait for you to catch up.”

Fronaldo waits for the others to catch up.

30. - Top - End - #1140

The rest of the party catches up.
    Show