New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Serpent's Skull [Racing to Ruin] (IC)

Xhanfaerd gets closer, gathering a silvery light in his hammer, before smashing it down on the creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving toward "purple nuke" one, the initiating Silver Knight's Blade. Also, until the fight is over, I'll redirect the first damage taken by anyone else each round to me.

Attack - (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[15]
    Extra dmg - (4d6)[10]

Those extra damage are also healed by me.
    Last edited by silphael; 2021-02-05 at 09:55 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

R4T12: Xhanfaerd gets closer, gathering a silvery light in his hammer, before smashing it down on the creature for 25, causing the charau-ka to crumple under the blow, while providing healing to himself of 10!

R4T11: Tor-ber, you reset your AOOs. You are in Dragon style, no risky strike, and you attempted a cleave last round with that fighting knowledge in your melon. What do you do now?

Yellow on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

I quick succession, using the horse chopper, take a swing at Red/Green, then back fisting Red/Blue, and punching Yellow full on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard attack with Horsechopper to Red/Green: Attack [roll] 1d20+12[/roll]; Dmg: (2d6+9)[19].
    Unarmed attack to Red/Blue: Attack (1d20+6)[21]; Dmg: (1d10+6)[7].
    Unarmed Hasted attack to Yellow: (1d20+11)[19]; Dmg: (1d10+6)[12].

4. - Top - End - #154

R4T11: Tor-ber cuts at red/green but the statue foils his line of attack before he backfists red/ blue for 9, and punches yellow full on for 14. The last is enough to throw the charau-ka off the statue on the other side where it lands to take another 4. It lays there, unmoving.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T31:
    Fronaldo, the inhalation arcanotoxin is still in your hand. What do you do?

Aron on deck, Brown in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo scurries over to Pim.
    “Watch this! Stay out of the cloud.”
    He hurls the vial he is holding at the Chaura-ka. The vial shatters and a purple and green gas roils out, briefly obscuring the creature
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

move 15’ East.
    throw arcanotoxin at the square that red Chaura-ka is standing in.
    Range 30’
    [roll]1d20+13[/roll]
    DC 13
    duration =4 rounds
    Int track
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2021-02-08 at 07:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156

R5T31: Fronaldo scurries over to Pim. “Watch this! Stay out of the cloud.” He hurls the vial he is holding at the Chaura-ka. The vial shatters and a purple and green gas roils out, briefly obscuring the creature. It is a picture-perfect throw, but the charau-ka seems to be unperturbed by the gas.

R5T22: Aron closes right on red charau-ka while drawing short sword in off-hand and then stabbing it in the neck for 11.

R5T21: Brown recovered previously from its nausea, and now recovers from the post-shrieking stagger to throw a rock that hits Xhanfaerd's upper right bicep with a crit for 7.

R5T20.1: Dark eagle flies around in a loop to attack red/green from the south, critting it with its talons for 8 (as it also is inspired by Gelik now).

R5T20: Pim, yup. You watched the alchemist toss a green-cloud thing that didn't seem to bother the charau-ka. Okay, what now?

Red on deck, Gelik in the hole ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik continues his inspirational speechifying and seeing that he has a clear shot at red/green he lets loose with a gout of flame.

Spoiler: You're fired...
    Show

Planar Detonation:

Attack: (1d20+8)[25]

Damage: (3d6+2)[13]

Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will withdraw the defensive cards, causing them to spin in reverse until the large rectangular spell effects are recalled back into the deck. He will then draw another card, which bursts into an electric energy; he throws the card at the [red] charau ka.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Swift: swap enhancements to shocking
    Standard: activate shocking
    Standard: throw at red
    (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage (1d3+1)[2] (1d6)[1]

Life is just a candle, and the dream must give it flame.

9. - Top - End - #159

R5T20: Pim will withdraw the defensive cards, causing them to spin in reverse until the large rectangular spell effects are recalled back into the deck. He will then draw another card, which bursts into an electric energy; he throws the card at the [red] charau ka. It barely skims its right shoulder for only 4 + 1 electricity. Still, it is so battered that even that little bit is enough to have it barely on its feet. One more strike should easily spill it.

R5T19: Red, despite staggering, steps back to throw a rock at Aron.

R5T18: Gelik continues his inspirational speechifying and seeing that he has a clear shot at red/green he lets loose with a gout of flame that whallops the poor widdle adowable chimpy-man for 15 fire, dropping it. (MONKEY MURDERER!)

R5T14: Red/blue takes out his club and swings at Tor-ber. He only does 4, but after doing that, he no longer seems to be carrying the lingering fear from earlier in the battle.

R5T12: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Tor-ber on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd closes the gap and tries to take down that ape-man with a vicious blow.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action : getting closer (1 square left)
    Standard action : Gutstrike (melee attack, if it hits the ape has to roll Fort vs being sickened (DC 15)). It'll also trigger Zeal, giving a +2 morale bonus to everyone in my collective if it hits.
    Attack - (1d20+11)[18]
    Damage - (2d6+7)[15]
    For body of delusion, with your parameters for counters, that's quite simple : it'll trigger on any attack against myself that deals 20+ damage, or against an ally that deals 10+ damage.
    For martyrdom, I'll redirect to me the first damage that's above 6..
    Last edited by silphael; 2021-02-09 at 09:09 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

11. - Top - End - #161

R5T12: Xhanfaerd closes the gap and tries to take down that ape-man with a vicious blow, crumpling the ape-man below the blow. That heroic takedown is enough to further invigorate the other heroes in their own battles.

R5T11: Tor-ber, what do you do?

Fronaldo on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

Shifting his feet a bit, and swinging his mighty fist, One, Two, Three punching motion, in a flurry of blows attack.

Spoiler: One, two, three
    Show
    Making a quick jabs to the foolish Red/Blue that is just standing there. Flurry of Blows:
    Att: (1d20+9)[16]; Dmg: (1d10+8)[14].
    Att: (1d20+9)[20]; Dmg; (1d10+6)[13].
    Att: (1d20+4)[13]; Dmg: (1d10+6)[11].
    Att: (1d20+9)[21]; Dmg: (1d10+6)[7].

"So done with that one!" as Torber turns and looks about.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

In order to burn off some energy (and hopefully impress Aron), Fronaldo sprints around Pim, does a couple hand-less cartwheels before skidding to a halt before the outlier Chaura-ka and stabbing it with his dagger.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

move using acrobatics to move into melee with red Chaura-ka.
    Fronaldo selects a route with minimal rough terrain (since I cannot tell from the map where it is).
    (1d20+17)[37]
    strike with dagger, Risky strike
    (1d20+12)[22]
    (1d3+13)[16]

14. - Top - End - #164

R5T11: Shifting his feet a bit, and swinging his mighty fist, One, Two, Three punching motion, in a flurry of blows attack that turns red/blue into a piles of jelly and powdered bones atop the statue, maybe a torn arm sloughing off and falling down the front. "So done with that one!" aTorber says as he turns and looks about.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T31:
    In order to burn off some energy (and hopefully impress Aron), Fronaldo sprints around Pim, does a couple hand-less cartwheels before skidding to a halt before the outlier Chaura-ka and stabbing it with his dagger underneath the back left shoulder blade to the upper part of its lungs for 18.

And with that, there are no more active enemies on the field.

Combat Ends ...

Shall I assume CDGs are in order? I will assume that Gelik ends his inspiration, and dark eagle will poof in only a few seconds, anyway, practically wing-saluting Pim as it goes.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

With almost surgical precision, Fronaldo will zip around and end the pain of any remaining living Chaura-ka. He leaves (red) Chaura-ka last. For it, he first examines it thoroughly. He takes several blood stained notes in his formulae book, muttering about onset times and pathogen delivery as he writes. He then kills the creature and performs a quick autopsy, if the group allows.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will smile, and do a victory pose by juggling a few cards, and then he puts them in their carrier pouch with a flourish.

17. - Top - End - #167

Anyone else do anything? Does anyone mind Fronaldo conducting an autopsy on the charau-ka?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Somewhat wounded, Xhanfaerd looks at the different corpses, mostly looking for objects of cultural signifiance, not to gather them, but to gather information about charau-ka's society.

19. - Top - End - #169

One odd thing he notes .... all the charau-ka are male.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will wrinkle his nose at another autopsy but otherwise, he doesn't care. He will, however, go about dusting himself off and ensuring he is presentable for the next encounter.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

21. - Top - End - #171

Fronaldo, are you willing to do an actual one-hour autopsy, which is what would be needed for an in-depth study of various body/external chemistry interactions?

Does anyone in the party have an issue with that?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim, while not having any issue with waiting, will use his time to get a lay of the path ahead, going so far as to use his tattoo’s perception bonus power in an effort to scout out the road ahead for any more trouble. He will start by heading opposite of where they entered, and scoping out for any visible paths leading away. He will walk around the perimeter of the battlefield, until he gets an idea of each path, and a short glance down each to get an idea of what lies ahead, no more than a mile away in any direction. He will make sure to keep the battlefield in sight, and not take any winding paths.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2021-02-15 at 12:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Pim will soon realize that where the party is now is a large field of statuesque ruins that is almost a hub of various broken paths.
    * The group came from the SSE.
    * Not but 30' ahead the path splits into a NW and a NE path.
    ** The NE path moves steadily northeast until reaching a large statue or shrine of some sort.
    ** the NW path curves gently to the west and out of sight, obscured by patches of jungle.
    * There is an eastern path that moves off to distant tar pits.
    * There is a western path that moves that is more broken and with fewer trail markers, canting ever so slightly southwards.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Try as he might, Fronaldo’s over amped nervous system makes it difficult for him to concentrate on the task and he gives up after a minute and joins the others searching the area.

25. - Top - End - #175

Everyone, please note two posts above for the path leading from here.

As far as the now-dispatched charau-ka, they have crude clubs and pouches of small rocks. These are worthless, and even then only Fronaldo, Pim, or Gelik have the small digits to comfortably handle them (charau-ka are size Small). A careful look of the area notes that charau-ka may have had little things of snacks here or there .... and lots of urine and feces .... there is nothing, not even padded grass .... that gives a clue that the charau-ka use this obvious "hub" as a living area.

Aron looks for input, but she says, "So far, we seem to have made a direct line inward to Tazion. Either we can simply go north and choose a direction, or be more circumspect and start looking at these side flanks of this very large ruin before we find that we have gone so far in that we have alerted everything and then cannot get back out."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Gelik will walk slowly around before saying, "I am, of course, all in favour of erring on the side of caution. The less chance we have of being flanked, the better... It is the wiser choice."
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2021-02-16 at 04:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“We should make a map of the area so that it less likely that we become lost. I have the materials and am willing to do so unless someone else would be better suited to the role of amateur cartographer.”

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Pim will agree that they should take it slow, and check their flanks.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    ”Why don’t we start by taking a look around the tar pits to the east? It sounds a bit interesting, if you ask me.”

He is enthusiastic, yet silent, in case of prying ears nearby.
    Last edited by GM_Dave; 2021-02-16 at 10:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"TAR pits? On the contrary my silent friend... It sounds disgusting, dirty and smelly. I suggest any other way but there."

30. - Top - End - #180

"Alright, then," says Aron, taking the input. "How about we head west, loop back if we need to so we didn't overlook anything, but 'close out' that path wherever it leads for now, which is at least closer back to the enclosure wall?"
    Show