New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Stacked mindblade gauntlets, rules conundrum

Assume we take a mindblade gauntlet, and using the item stacking rules in MiC, enchant it with another mindblade gauntlet property. Say, psychokinetic and keen off the top of my head.

Would you be able to utilize both properties simultaneously (taking into account separate activations for each property and the juggling needed to expend and regain psionic focus)

Or is it simply a Rolodex of properties allowing you to pick the one you need?

I'm inclined towards the former, but we run into a clumsily written clause dealing with wearing two gauntlets and utilizing split mindblades. Is the clause enough to hinder our soulknife, and keep him from ridiculously overclocking his mindblade? (I'll quote it later, posting by phone)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Stacked mindblade gauntlets, rules conundrum

When the soulknife expends his psionic focus while manifesting his mind blade through the mind blade gauntlet, the weapon gains the weapon special ability designated by the gauntlet.
    You don't expend your focus into the gauntlet, you expend it on the manifestation of your mind blade. RAW it should provide all the abilities in the gauntlet. Is it broken? Is a Soulknife anywhere near tier 1?

The multi gauntlet basically means that if you don't spend a feat to get a double weapon mind blade, you have to pay double to buy 2 gauntlets for each blade.
    Last edited by Darg; 2020-11-24 at 10:13 PM.