New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Council of spiders-Caverns of Thracia-Rappan Athuk IC

INTRO

OOC thread:
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...9#post24817049

Luracidon is a cauldron where pain is stewed, to be then shared everywhere in the world.
    Mraow create war. If they weren't quite as good at it they couldn't fight a war on four continents while raiding a fifth between campaigns. All know it's effects but few have heard it's name.

Luracidon is where the mraow generals are educated and where they plan their campaigns. It lies on the most important sailing routes of the Subhadal sea. Plunder flows into its coffers and it taxes all the colonies for its support.

The gods of the Madder Eye demand that mraow plot and war over everything. Yet so many are the plots that no single ruler has risen to take over Luracidon. The plotting generals in their twilight towers think they rule, yet so do the gangs that roam the streets and finally the merchants who control the routes in and out of the city have the same idea.

The talk on the street is that the colony of Pozernoa is rising in power and this is bringing in new streams of materials. Yet the balance of power is upset, not least because there have been no new requests for military support. The plotters are confused. The generals are upset for they feel disrespected, some of the clerics are talking of heresy... Yet riches are still coming in and the representatives of Pozernoa are flaunting it.

A prophet, Danifae of the Nip has been sailing from mraow base to base. She's preaching the word of peace and she is using clerical spells that have their power from the Madder Eye. At first the stories about her expedition were faced with disbelief. Yet the stories keep coming.

This was the backdrop when a curious meeting of three hidalgos, representing three factions of the mraow would come together for a friendly negotiation. You're all working for one of them. And perhaps you make an even odder group yet, representing so many races and backgrounds.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Council of spiders-Caverns of Thracia-Rappan Athuk

The three mraow whos coalition has united you - Professor Melange of the Mentaujit, wing-captain Polonia of the Abracio fleet and sister Spinozo a gang-lion of the Longwands - meet you in a small cavern near the largest port of Luracidon. The meeting is set up in the territory of Rincip but at the very edge, suggesting neutrality. The hall is inspected by each party for secret pathways and hiding eavesdroppers before the discussion commences.

Professor Melange starts the discussion.
    I thank everyone for coming and I'm very happy to see that we have new faces here, as agreed in previous meetings. We have discussed the background of the situation several times but I will shortly reiterate for the newcomers...
    You may have heard of the colony of Hopalloz. They were destroyed a hundred and fifty years ago for their stupidity and unacceptable provocations. They suggested they could stay apart from the activities of Luracidon, that they coud live on their own in peace.

Sister Spinozo interjects
    The reason for their loss is arguable. Maybe they didn't use their magic powers in the most effective way, I don't know.

Polonia grumbles
    Immaterial. Go on Professor.

Professor Melange continues.
    Before the war, Hopalloz maintained a small outpost called Chexxa where they conducted arcane research. Chexxa has been lost for a hundred years. The main tunnels to it were sealed.

Sister Spinozo smiles
    And now it's time to find another way. That's where you come into the picture.

Polonia clears her throat
    Captain Gomyabber's scouts found a secondary tunnel with marking suggesting it leads to Hopalloz. They sent a scout team to explore. The team has yet to return.

Professor Melange leans back
    Hasty actions will lead to loss of resource. It is best to create a team that has the support of all involved parties and a varied set of skills. People who can deal with obstacles.

Sister Spinozo snaps
    You will enter the tunnels and follow their tracks. Captain Gomyabber may have hid his true intentions.

Professor Melanges takes a sip of water laced with spiced endzymes.
    Yes. The you will follow the plot and succeed where he failed.

Spinozo continues
    Here is a guidebook on a ritual and a specially prepared soulcrystal. The ritual will allow you to extract the energy from Chexxa's forges into the soulcrystal. I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Melange says
    There's reason to believe they were using draconic souls for power. The crystal should be able to hold it. There's some risk involved but we can bear it.

Polonia smacks her lips and says
    We will board my ship and I'll take you to the right tunnels. I will wait in port.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Polari
    Human Sorcerer 1
    AC: 12 | HP: 8/8 | HD: 1/1d6
    Spell Slots, 1st: 2/2
    Sorcery Points: 2/2
    PP: 12 PInv: 12 PIns: 12
    Conditions: none

Polari listens to the presentation. Normally this is something he would avoid, sticking his neck out to help the community. But rising in power and gaining valuable allies might be just what he needs to do. The modrons will find him eventually and when they do, his odds will be better the more power and allies he has. Besides, Sister Spinozo has been nothing but kind and honest to him. She's the one that first sheltered Polari when he came to Luracidan. She's the one who took him into the Longwands.

Polari stands up and reaches out for the soulcrystal and the ritual book.

"I can carry this if no one else wants to, but I'm happy to give it up if someone else would like the responsibility."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    none

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    Professor Melange, Mentaujit
    Pelonia, Abracio fleet
    Sister Spinozo, Longwands
    Hopalloz, lost 150 years ago
    Chexxa, Hopalloz outpost for arcane research
    Captain Gomyabber, scouts found tunnels to Chexxa
    Soulcrytal and ritual book, for collecting energy from Chexxa's forge

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Rik listened to the meeting with interest. He didn't understand much of the arcane involved, to be fair. He watched as the sorcerer reached for the crystal and thought he rather not get involved with magical items like that himself.

But there was talk about exploring the ruins of an ancient city. That was the kind of experience he was here for.

The rat had left his monastery on a search for enligntement, believing the monks had already taught him everything they had to. That wasn't an uncommon thing, as monks would often spend years journeying away from their temples. Some would never return, having either found new lives that were more interesting than the monastic one, or more tragical fates. Some would return with new experiences, and would then share them with the younger disciples.

So Rik had joined those corsairs, in order to travel the Shining Sea with them. He had hesitated about joining pirates early on, but over time, he had noticed they weren't similar to the bandits he had grew up with, being more interested in trading that pillage.

He approached Polonia and bowed his head.

"Wing Captain, with your permission, I would like to join the team that will explore this city. I believe my martial skills will be of value to the group"
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2020-11-26 at 09:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Alissog listens closely. How subtle are we expected to be? she asks, gesturing down at her chain-clad body. I'm not exactly one for quiet and stealthy.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Throughout the entire explanation, Oren had been nibbling on a moldy piece of bread that apparently he found on the floor. With crumbs embedded in his whiskers, he steps up following Rik and tries to make the same respectful bow, but does so with considerable less grace:

“I never met captian Gomiyabber, but I like the sound of his name! I’ll bet my swords he’s still alive in there somewhere and you can count on my fur to bring him back safe and sound!”

He realizes it is not a rescue mission, but Oren likes to keep an optimistic mood in general.

Oren points towards Polari: “Certainly, you can carry the book. I’ll keep my paws occupied handling the blades! Nice to make your aquaintance, by the way.”

To Alissog: "I hope we're not subtle at all! I've been spoiling for a good fight! Ha ha!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Sister Spinozo gives the crystal and the book to Polari.
    Later she reacts to Alissog's question
    The mission has only one objective. Choose the means that you believe are the most likely to succeed in any situation, whether it be stealth, force, or intimidation.

Captain Polonia adds
    While our city-friends may believe loyalty to the mission is enough of a motivation, I'd like to remind you of the benefits of looting. Should you find other worthy treasure in Chexxa, you'll be able to trade it with Abracio out of Luracidon's bounds. That means no taxes. Whatever you want could be yours, if you find enough loot.

Professor Melange frowns
    Motivation. I see. Just... Do your best.

8. - Top - End - #8

BardGuy

Default Re: Council of spiders-Caverns of Thracia-Rappan Athuk IC

Without any more old bread to munch on, Oren scans the floor for other discarded foods.
    Disappointed in not finding any, he speaks in a rushed manner.

“Scurry off them, let’s head to the port! Who knows, maybe we can find a nice wheel of cheese along the way.”

Oren is ready to board Polonia’s ship.

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    If any shops/markets are open, Oren would like to purchase snacks for the party.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Polari
    Human Sorcerer 1

While Polari trusts Sister Spinoza, he isn't sure if he trusts the other two. But this isn't the time to call them on it. He is better off at least pretending to trust them. Taking the soulcrystal and the ritual book, he agrees with Oren.

"Yes. Let's get started and go to the port. We'll see if we can find you some cheese on the way."

Show
    none

Show
    Pelonia, Abracio fleet - Rik and Oren
    Sister Spinozo, Longwands - Polari and Geronimo
    Rincip 'Cottonpads' - Allison and Sakuya
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-11-27 at 07:45 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Professor Melange looks unsatisfied.
    Hasty. My friends, are you sure these are your best?

Captain Polonia says
    The Tides must. We should start the journey before the hour of fear. It is the mark of the capable to want to seize the moment.

Spinozo looks at the gathering, then appears to make a decision.
    Polari, Geronimo I would like to prepare you for the journey... now that you know what is ahead of you. Please, let us separate ourselves for a moment.

Spinozo pulls Polari and Geronimo away into a separate smaller chamber.

Melange and Polonia have a staredown.
    Eventually Melange says
    In the light of these actions I'd like to use my right to take Alissog and Sakuya away for a little talk also.

Polonia smiles and waves her hand.

Melange shoots a meaningful look at Alissog and Sakuya and the three withdraw to another chamber.

Polonia has a light laugh, seemingly quite genuinely finding it all hilarious.

11. - Top - End - #11

Alissog follows into the side chamber. What's the matter? she asks. These folk seem trustworthy.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Polari
    Human Sorcerer 1

Polari looks at Oren and subtly shrugs his shoulders before following Sister Spinozo out of the room.

Show
    none

Show
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2020-11-27 at 08:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The discussions of Polari, Geronimo and Gang-Lion Spinozo

Spoiler: Read only if you're there
    Show
    Sister Spinozo hisses with frustration.
    Melange doesn't reveal everything he thinks and it annoys me....

Once a closed door separates you from the others and she calms down she continues.

This mission is quite important. While the support of the others is very good it is up to you two to guarantee success at the final step. It's possible the others might even sabotage the final steps of the ritual. Please take these.

She hands two bottles of liquid to Geronimo and one to Polari.
    It is unholy water. Geronimo, while Polari prepares for the ritual, you should wash the dragonforge to purify it from any taint and any effects that the others might use to try to change the effects of the ritual. If something happens to Geronimo, I'm afraid that this too falls on you Polari...
    If you see them try to interfere with the forge, or if they try to stop the cleansing, or if they try to get hold of the soulcrystal, don't let them. Please, tell me afterwards of such efforts. Their actions may reveal any hidden agendas.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The discussions of Alissog, Sakuaya and Professor Melange

Spoiler: Please, only read if you're there
    Show
    The professor smiles at Alissog.
    Yes. And I would like to trust they are honest. Trust is a strange thing ot utmost worth. How do we find trust? If we find trust, how do we know it's there except by testing?

The Professor sits down in a relaxed way.
    There's always plots around us. We can not supplant the plotters for their powers are beyond our reach. Yet the effects of their plots are all around us, are they not?

He looks almost asleep as he continues.
    We will never find out the full truth of much anything in this city, but we should still ask question, isn't that right? Why all this haste for example? A ruin that's been there for a hundred years should be no worse a day later. Why would a goblin be on this expedition? They're known for their treachery. So is this a magical special goblin? ... I would have liked to hear the goblin talk of themselves but they're more clever than that. They revealed nothing.

He opens his eyes again and looks at you with a warm smile.
    Friends... You've got a long way ahead of you. You need to keep your eyes open. Ask questions like 'What are the others plotting?' ... 'Whose plot caused captain Gomyabber to fail? ... 'Is there reason to expect treason?' If you find out that captain Gomyabber was betrayed, I would very much like to interrogate the guilty party. ... Walk the path of trust, but be aware of what's happening around you. Always seek to understand.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The discussions between Rik, Oren and Captain Polonia

Spoiler: Please only read if you're there
    Show
    Polonia shakes her head.
    This is how it is, young ones! Always, wonderful surprises. Since they're now gone I might as well use this moment to our benefit. I might have told this to everyone but since they chose to go away, I'll just share it with you two. Anyone who wanted to was in the meeting so we didn't even have to hide a thing, eh.

Captain Gomyabber wasn't on the expedition that was lost. His son and personal secretary was there though. Young Galdocio always has a courier's bag with him. It holds letters. There might be papers of correspondence between Gomyabber and captain Abrocio. In the wrong hands these letters could be catastrophic depending on their content. If you can find the courier's bag, seize it. Best to do so without letting the others know.

Oh, and nobody wants to find out that you were snooping the captain's messages yourselves, do they, eh? That would be a sad day. Rewards turning into punishments and such.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

AC:14 HP:11/11

Strumming The Ballad of Casey Jones on his guitar, his prized fiddle in his backpack along with his dagger and rapier and entertainer supplies, Geronimo meanders up to the group a bit late. Finishing his performance as he draws near, the goblin blushes, realizing he took too long to join the rest of the group.

"What did I miss?"

Spoiler: Perform
    Show
    (1d20+4)[13]

Show
    If there are no railroads or unions in this setting, I can change the song.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2020-11-27 at 10:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BardGuy

Spoiler: Oren in the reserved pull-aside with Polonia and Rik:
    Show
    Understood, lady Polonia. We’ll find the bag and bring you the letters, without raising a fuss or calling attention to it. Afterall, it is not in our nature to gossip, right Rik? No need to rummage through other’s correspondence.” Oren pinches the tip of his whiskers and sniffs the air. “M’lady, I hope you don’t mind my asking.. Are those cashews in your purse? Would share one or two with us? Rik is really hungry, and I’d hate to have my mate eating without company.

18. - Top - End - #18

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Wooloo View Post
    Spoiler: Oren in the reserved pull-aside with Polonia and Rik:
    Show
    Understood, lady Polonia. We’ll find the bag and bring you the letters, without raising a fuss or calling attention to it. Afterall, it is not in our nature to gossip, right Rik? No need to rummage through other’s correspondence.” Oren pinches the tip of his whiskers and sniffs the air. “M’lady, I hope you don’t mind my asking.. Are those cashews in your purse? Would share one or two with us? Rik is really hungry, and I’d hate to have my mate eating without company.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rik makes an annoyed glare at Oren.

I have my own food with me, so I don't think I will need anything else, thank you very much.

We shall recover that bag, wing captain. I will bring it back... - he looks again at Oren - personally.
    Last edited by Ninja Dragon; 2020-11-27 at 11:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

The discussions between Rik, Oren and Captain Polonia

Spoiler: Please only read if you're there
    Show

Polonia smiles. She tosses you a bag of caschews.
    You've got a good pair of nostrils on you. May they work wonders for you, young adventurer!

She raises one brow and strokes her chin.

One of the things I've always liked about you rats... You've got a nose for a good deal.

She laughs until she gets the hiccups and then becomes annoyed of herself. Then she tries to cover it up by talking.
    Is there something else you'd need for this trip? The cityfolk may set their own to die in the battle but we take care of our investments.

When faced with Rik's comments she nods.
    Good, good. Keep your eye on the prize.
    She seems appreciative.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Eventually, once the meeting ends, wing-captain Polonia takes the six adventurers with her on her boat, 'Shrike'.
    Spoiler: Image
    Show

The ship leaves at the hour of Surprise, an auspicious time, it's said. The direction is to the east. Polonia is a good captain. With his oracle, he finds the waves of telekinetic energy that propel the ship fast while avoiding pyrokinetic blowups and other dangers of Subhadal. The crew is about half and half ratfolk and mraow. Rik and Oren work while the others have time to enjoy the journey.

During the journey you meet Nodovico, the gnoll. He's on the smaller side of his race, though quite stocky. Only his nose is magnificently large. Polonia explains that the poor creature is an idiot, scarcely able to speak, but that the divination wizards of the Mentaujit imprinted the results of their divining into his head. He will be able to show you the way, while also serving as a porter. You do note that Nodovico reacts to being called an idiot, but he stays silent.

The ship eventually reaches the edge of Subhadal and the walls of the enormous cave rise ahead of you. This takes eleven days. You look for the right bay and eventually set anchor. A smaller boat takes a landing party to a beach where you find stone stairs. Polonia points you towards the stairs and smiles.
    Go! Grab your fortunes! Seize luck and never let go!

The steps lead up to a set of broken double doors. One of the pair is lying on the ground while the other has signs of acid burns. You enter the tunnel. Nodovico goes first, carrying a torch and showing the way. You watch him lead you. He seems to be suffering from many aches as well as scoliosis. For the first hour he guides you through a network of branching corridors. You mark the passages with paint so you should not wander astray were you to lose your guide before your return.

After the first hour the journey becomes more difficult in some ways, the path is uneven, more narrow. There's also an unpleasant smell. On the other hand there are few branches from this point on. You move faster, as Nodovico no longer has to pause and find the way.

You have your first rest in the caverns. No danger comes to pass.

In the second day, you enter a set of natural caves. Soon you start finding discarded exoskeletons. They belong to ten-limbed creatures with pincers and twopronged tails. At first you pay them little mind but you start finding larger and larger samples. You also keep finding more and more varieties of funguses. Sakuya finds three portions of Milderewe, a fluffy white fungus that can decrease pain and fever.

Scene 1 - Monster Cave

You continue to follow Nodovico. He guides you to a section of the cave with two tiers. The floor is covered with big patches of mushrooms and water drips down from stalactites on the ceiling.

The cavern is crawling with monsters. An amorphous brownish-yellow blob lurches across the floor. Several multi-legged creatures creep among the stalactites on the lwo ceiling. They have long proboscises and thin carapaces.

The bodies of several mraow lie about the area. There are also dead tenlegged things.
    Nodovico indicates the path to where you wish to go is through this area, slightly up and right.

The layout of the area is such that you can see cavern bends to the right, continuing who knows how far. The visible area has two paths through it. There's a ledge on the right. The ooze creature is in front of this higher path, about ten meters in front of the first of you when you notice it. The ooze doesn't quite block this path but you would have to circle round it.

The lower path is easier to traverse, wider, but longer. The patches of mushrooms on the floor are also more common in this area. You hope none of them are dangerous, but you can't identify them from where you stand.

The tenlegged crabthings are skittering in the ceiling. They seem to have no trouble moving upside down. They are three meters above the higher path and six above the lower path.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Polari
    Human Sorcerer 1

Polari backs up. Combat is no place for him. He pulls out his pocket watch, mutters a couple words, and a bonfire erupts right underneath the ooze.

Show
    Create Bonfire for (1d8)[7] DC13 Dex save for half (1d20)[1] needs modifiers

Polari will move to best keep himself protected from the enemies. 1st level sorcerers are bad at combat.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

BardGuy

Oren
    Ratfolk Fighter 1
    AC: 14 | HP: 13/13 | HD: 1/1d10
    PP: 12 PInv: 10 PIns: 12

“Let’s see if I can cut you like a nice piece of sourdough!”

Oren moves up to the ooze and tries to position himself on the other side of the creature, so that he doesn’t stand in the way of incoming arrows or magic.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    Attack roll with a shortsword:
    (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[4] piercing damage
    (Oren will only strike once this turn, because he is worried the ooze could melt his blade and he only brought two swords. So this is like a test-attack).

23. - Top - End - #23

The Discussion
    I understand, Alissog replies. I feel I'm gaining wisdom beyond my youth here-I tend towards trusting others more than not, after all.

The Cave
    When confronted with the ooze, Alissog looks to Oren. Staying cautious? A smart man, she mutters. She moves to the other side of the path, like Oren leaving space for ranged attackers. She holds her blows till she can see if Oren's blade is dulled by the ooze's... Flesh?

Show
    (1d20+4)[6]
    (1d6+2)[4]
    (1d6)[2]

Using a Javelin (attack roll, first d6) if Oren's blade gets damaged on attack.
    Using a Maul (all rolls) if not.

Edit: Not that it matters, cause HOO BOY is that a miss!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-11-27 at 09:19 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Chimera

Rik is going to run and position himself on the spot perpendicular to where the goo monster is in relation to the path, so at least he can block it from getting in front of the path. He doesn't know if he can damage it with his spear, though, but it's not like he can reach the spider-like things either. Probably.

Spear attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Unarmed strike (kick): [roll2]
    Damage: [roll3]

25. - Top - End - #25

Chimera

Trying again.

Spear attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    Unarmed strike (kick): (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[6]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Rik rushes to the side of the ooze and stabs it with a spear. The spear makes a deep whole in the creature. In the local area of the puncture wound the ooze's surface splits apart easily and jiggles like a jelly.

Rik is slightly mesmerized by the undulating masses movements that his attempt to kick at the creature is half-hearted. Seeing a half-dissolved corpse partially sticking out of the ooze Rik wonders if this was lucky for his leg.

While it's hard to say if the creature was damaged as it doesn't bleed, it certainly was disturbed. It rotates slightly and small baglike organs form in the region closest to Rik. A pseudopod forms on it's surface and tries to touch Rik's leg but the crafty monk easily dodges the clumsy creatures slow advances.

Polari advances and tries to see the ground under the ooze, yet the jelly isn't translucent. He can't cast the spell under the ooze, so he creates a bonfire that envelops the front half of the edge of the monster. The burning flames start to shrink the jelly, it's losing water. Reflexively it tries to draw away from the fire, obviously hurt.

Seeing that the spear doesn't seem harmed, Alissog closes in to the jellymonster and smashes at it with her maul. The spot she smashes isn't actually a part of the monster. A trick of light, it was just a moist spot in the floor.

Oren joins the other melee fighters. Warily he gives the jelly a quick jab. Again the surface of the creature parts in front of the blade. The parts stay apart, it looks like it's structure is hurt by such attacks. The wobbling of the mass looks almost beautiful. ... The blade is intact, though covered by a light brown layer of goop.

In the ceiling, four small creatures skitter towards the players' positions. They position themselves directly over Alissog, Oren, Rik and Sakuya. Each creature spits a strand of grey filaments down, trying to hit their target. Only one of them hits. Sakuya's neck and upper back are covered by the sticky material. The material is sticky and hard, it grapples Sakuya and stops her from moving.

A fifth creature of similar type emerges from behind the corner. While the other ceilingcrabs are the size of a human, this newcomer is at least four times larger. It makes grasshopperlike noises by rubbing it's tail with it's hindlegs. You hope it's not calling for more of it's kind.

Nodovico runs to a position where he's hiding behind Rik. If one could say something about his disposition, the gnoll might be vaguely desperate.
    Yik. he says.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Polari
    Human Sorcerer 1

Polari panics a little at this combat. He's never been in a fight at all and has always run from them. But he's gotten to know these others over the past few weeks and can't leave them here to die. Seeing the closest spider disable Sakuya, he decides he needs to make sure it doesn't climb down its webbing to attack his new friend. He points to the crab and a ray of cold white light shoots from his hand at the ceiling.

Show
    Ray of Frost (1d20+5)[23] for (1d8)[2] damage and 10' speed decrease.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Chimera

Rik looks at the spiders. "The was close", he thinks. They need to be dealt with.

He looks at the direction where Geronimo and Polari are.

"You two! You can use magic. Please dispose of those things!"

He is also worried about the giant thing. But he needs to finish off the ooze before going after it. Hopefully his spear will do the job, it doesn't seem another kick will be a good idea.

If the goo is still alive, do the following. No unarmed strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spear: (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8]

If the goo is already dead, move to the giant monster, do the above, and add a kick:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kick: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[7]

29. - Top - End - #29

Chimera

Crit. Adding the second damage roll.

(1d8)[5]

30. - Top - End - #30

BardGuy

Oren
    Ratfolk Fighter 1
    AC: 14 | HP: 13/13 | HD: 1/1d10
    PP: 12 PInv: 10 PIns: 12
    Conditions: peckish

“Yuck!”
    Oren draws his second sword and stabs the ooze twice.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    Action:
    Shortsword1: (1d20+5)[9], damage: (1d6+3)[4] piercing
    Shortsword2: (1d20+5)[7], damage: (1d6+3)[9] piercing

Alternative action:
    If the ooze is already dead, he will:
    Free action: drop sword
    Action: Draw longbow and shoot an arrow at one of the ceiling crabs
    Longbow attack:(1d20+5)[6], damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    Move: Move towards a more secure position, while maintaining line of sight to the crabs