New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Lightbulb OotS strips you have had dreams of

A thread for detailing OotS strips you have seen in your dreams.

I dreamed last night that a new strip had been posting. It featured a whole half-page close up of V's right eye, before she blew up the entrance to the door at Kraagor's Tomb that the Order ran into in #1219.

Very dramatic and unexpected I thought, I sure do love those special full page panels - until I woke up and realised none of that was real.

Not the first dream I've had of a new OotS strip being posted, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Please post here with details of any strips you've seen in your dreams and we'll see if us forum gremlins share a common psychic field.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: OotS strips you have had dreams of

(Does a dream fragment in which V travels to a greyscale parallel dimension where the IFCC has a fourth member who happens to be ready to betray the rest if V can recruit a weird guy in a coat with a snake around his neck to their cause count?)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2020-11-28 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Removed a typo.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Does a dream fragment in which V travels to a greyscale parallel dimension where the IFCC has a fourth member who happens to be ready to betray the rest if V can recruit a weird guy in a coat with a snake around his neck to their cause count?)
    Yes that definitely counts
    ___

In response to OP

I incidentally have had a decent amount of dreams about OOTS over the years, and I keep pretty through dream journals in word documents. This means I can do word searches for different topics of dreams.

My dreams on OOTS are sometimes more focused on story speculation, and sometimes I dream specifically about Rich Burlew and what he might or might not be like in person.

Anyways, a word search of Order of the Stick just came up with this interesting dream from December 11, 2018 Titled: Super epic Order of the Stick Strip, falling through worlds and Dimensions

"Rich Burlew finally comes out with the next OOTS comic. It is extremely epic and I am falling through dimensions of reality and I’m thinking how it must have taken a long time to concoct this, which is why we were waiting so long for the strip. The strip is dealing with gods and incarnation and I see Loki who is all green or purple and Haley who has become vampiresque and is trying to suck energy off Loki."

Interesting the relation in this dream about Loki and Haley, I had never thought about that before. In some way they must share some values being of the tricky type.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBees View Post
    I dreamed last night that a new strip had been posting. It featured a whole half-page close up of V's right eye, before she blew up the entrance to the door at Kraagor's Tomb that the Order ran into in #1219.
    To me one part of this dream might be a message indicating some kind of relation between V and "Right Eye", Redcloak's deceased brother.

Maybe something to do with amends that need to be made between family members. V needs to make amends with their partner, and RC may like to (on some level) make amends with his brother.

Thanks for creating this thread.
    Last edited by DreamCreator; 2020-11-28 at 02:23 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

I once dreamed about Durkon and Malack, in a slightly sexualized dream.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
    I once dreamed about Durkon and Malack, in a slightly sexualized dream.
    Maybe on some level there was sexual tension between them. I can see that.

In this case it could almost be a bit like the case of Dumbledore and Grindelwald...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I dream about OOTS every few months, usually in the form of a new strip being posted (although the continuity is usually wonky). Unfortunately, I don’t write them down, and I can’t remember any of them right now.

Hopefully this thread is still around when I have my next OOTS dream!
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.