New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: What do artificers need?

Quote Originally Posted by shipiaozi View Post
    Amulet of Health/Headband of Intellect worth 1 feat(a good uncommon or acceptable rare) if user have 14con/int, Winged boots/Braces of Defence are much worse, a level 10 character probably would have no worse item than them.
    First off if you have 14 int on an artificer you've got more problems than lacking magic items. Second, how on earth is amulet of health worth any kind of dismissal? Just about any character who didn't plop an 18 into con (read anyone not fighter or Barb) is generally pretty happy to get there hands on one, especially considering that if the artificer makes it for you it frees up more awesome items from the DM like Flame Tongue.
    Now winged boots are great, as is head bands of intellect. A flight speed is always useful to the point that some DMs ban all forms of it for PCs, imagine an artillerist just flying above the battlefield with these raining down spell fire while their turret kills everything below. And even if no one in the party needs an Int Boost, which they still might when you get it, you could give it to any number of adopted companions for fun shenanigans. Like a pig. Or a skelly. Also both of these items are actually uncommon, so while they aren't the rare items you wanted they are some of the more used uncommon items in game.
    As for bracers of defense, while they're not exactly the best item for an artificer themselves, the artificers key function is buffing other party members and not themselves, which means the monk or barbarian will love you if you give them this. Most likely the Lizardfolk and Dragon sorcerer.

As an aside to the OP I would suggest handing out large piles of interesting Common Items when you lack a good option. Some of them can be really fun to play with in game. Like Clockwork Amulet.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2020-12-03 at 09:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What do artificers need?

The same party got a Clockwork Amulet last game, and never used it. I think I gave a couple of the other common XGTE items out also. I think they forgot about them.

This time around, I'm going to ask that someone keep a list of all their loot and who has it.