New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Infiltrate the Cobra Unit

The abandoned train station was never really used - It's a failed project from a time when people thought they could build a railroad across the rainforest; before they could even finish making way for a lane, the forest already healed the first injuries, regrowing quickly and swallowing unfinished rails and stations with it.

The person responsible for the decoy attack is Mister Locke, a member of the brotherhood and a master of illusions. A phantom image of Locke's head hovers above the rails, waiting for the group to arrive.

When approached, Locke explains that "The attack is gonna happen in few minutes. You must head north through the woods until you reach the base; When the battle goes off, you must be already in position to sneak inside."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Infiltrate the Cobra Unit

Madam Clock

With crackle of magic rooting itself a circle of golden runes appears on the rich soil next to the track. Within their centre figures materialise, first undefined, then recognisable as humans, then in heartbeat more normal. The gilded light of the magic and them runes themselves fade away, leaving only the odd collection of mystics who had travelled here by teleportation spell.

"Thank you for your patience gentlemen and ladies," a clear voice calls out, in a refined English accent. It's owner is a pretty blonde woman who looks and sounds much younger than she really is and is dressed as it were still 1880. Madam Clock approaches each 'passenger' individually to make sure they had made the trip in one piece; though versed in the theory of magic teleportation was not her forte and the time enchantress was secretly glad they had not ended in New York, Hades or in each other's bodies.

Once assured everyone is themselves she smiles politely at Mister Locke and checks an antique golden fob watch for the time, before returning it to the pocket of her coat. "Well, it seems we have little time to waste. Let's show those rotters what's what shall we?"
    Last edited by RossN; 2020-11-28 at 08:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Burr
    No conditions
    The sharp red scales of the reptilian humanoid stand on end as Burr hisses in agitation from being teleported.

Crouching low to the ground her blue forked tongue flicks out smelling the surroundings.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

4. - Top - End - #4

Reaching into one of his coat sleeves to touch the Aegis and confirm that it's intact (he didn't really have any reason to think it wouldn't be, but he felt like he had to check), Richard nods as Madam Clock checks that he's okay. It wasn't the first time he'd been teleported, but this was the first time it was done willingly and he was glad to see that it didn't feel quite as bad this way.

Pausing for a moment to sense the area for other magic, Richard grins at the suggestion they got going. He was one of those people that loved their job. "Alright! Let's do this."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The rainforest bombarded Katharathasion's feline senses with what felt like a billion new sights, sounds and smells which in combination with a rather literal sensation of having been taken apart and put back together made for a supremely unpleasant experience. She would have thrown up if she had found a dignified way of doing so. "Marvelous. A construction site in the middle of the jungle. You do take me to some... unexpected places, Master Woodcroft."

As usual, Billy Woodcroft ignored her sarcasm. "Middle of the rainforest", he absentmindedly corrected her as he looked around.

"Do you know the difference?"

Billy thought for a moment. "This is... wetter?"

6. - Top - End - #6

ElfWarriorGuy

"It is wetter." Mister Locke's floating head follows the group, giving them directions. He asks Burr to "smell oil" to find the base.

"The secondary gate gives access to the barracks, one of many facilities in the base. My troops will storm the main gate soon, so security should lighten up over there."
    Last edited by dangelo; 2020-11-29 at 11:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Burr
    No conditions
    Smell, Burr knows the word smell, there are lots of things to smell. She tilts her head not understanding what she is supposed to smell.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #8

ElfWarriorGuy

The phanton manifestation glances at the rest of the group, incapable of showing Burr a physical sample of what she's supposed to smell. "I did not foresee this. Anyone?"

9. - Top - End - #9

BlackDragon

Madam Clock

Madam Clock glances at Mister Locke and then out the others. The British woman walks over to Katharathasion and Billy and smiles politely.

"Miss Katharathasion, I believe you are well versed in the glamour magics, the sorcery of illusion. Could you conjure the scent of motor oil for Miss Burr?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Kat rolled her eyes. "Should I use my ancient blessings from glorious Lord Kazolath to teach local children their ABCs while I am at it?" She saw Billy about to say something and sighed. "Very well."

An oil barrel suddenly seemed to appear in the air between Kat and the red lizardish creature, accompanied by a strong scent of motor oil. "Will this be all or should I just go ahead and make giant glowing arrows so everyone knows where we are going?"

"Oh, be nice." Billy smiled apologetically towards the others. "She means well." Kat glared at him. "Well, not really. But in her defense I think she's quite polite for a demon."
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-11-30 at 05:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Richard just shakes his head at Billy's apologies. "It's a demon. That's what its nature is - if you intend to keep using it, you need to understand that, and not bother expecting virtue from it."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"I am just glad to be here." Frankford replies in releief though trying to stay in the back. He was at least ready to call the appropiate companion according to the situation. Hopefully, things would go smoothly. He just had to be careful since he was still quite vulnerable himself.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Burr
    No conditions
    The barrel seemingly materializing out of nowhere is scary and Burr almost vanishes from sight as the pigment in her normally red scales changes to match the colors around her.

Cautiously she approaches the thing, tongue flicking in and out. It smells like the large noisy things that lumber around without legs. Not good to eat.

Pointing a claw at the the barrel she says with a voice that sounds more like the chirp of a lizard or an exotic bird then a person "Find?"

14. - Top - End - #14

ElfWarriorGuy

The phantom head nods. "Remarkable! Yes, find."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Burr
    No conditions
    Prowling off through the underbrush running quiet as a cat with her torso parallel to the ground and tail outstretched like some an ancient dinosaur Burr covers a mile zig zagging all over the forest after the scent before realizing that none of the others have even really moved from their position. She takes a more direct route back and stares at the others waiting for them to come.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving at Speed 7 of 8. Gone for 3 rounds.
    Concealment (All Vision), Blending, Partial
    Concealment (Hearing), Blending
    Stealth: (1d20+12)[13]
    Perception: (1d20+16)[34]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I am quite capable of both virtue and politeness in the right company, hunter." Kat's eyes narrowed. "I'm not the one wearing one of your kind as a fancy suit, after all. Though now that I think about it..."

"Don't think about it", Billy interrupted, before turning to Richard. "I'm well aware of what to expect, thank you."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Lunaris was in the train station listening to the others conversations and sharpening his blade waiting for something to happen.

”Did you find anything?” he asks Burr.

18. - Top - End - #18

Richard sighs again in response to Kat's retort. "You can pretend, perhaps. I haven't found one of you that is truly good, and I don't expect I will."

Lunaris and Burr distract him from his verbal sparring, and he turns to look at Burr. "I suppose that means she's found it. Let's get going."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's funny. I was about to say the same thing to you, human."

After pointedly ignoring his familiar, Billy nodded at Richard's second comment. "Indeed. It would only be polite to at least give the enemy a chance to tear us to shreds before we do it to each other."

20. - Top - End - #20

ElfWarriorGuy

The ghost slowly fades away, but his voice can still be heard. "I have set up a telepathic network so that you can communicate in any situation. Aside from that, you're officially on your own."

The small gate is a heavy steel door blocked by a password; a very low profile entrance, hidden by bushes and rocks that could be easily overlooked among the trees. There are soldiers watching the gate, all wearing camouflage and face paint and carrying assault rifles.

The moonlight shines over the military base's defenses, thick walls of concrete and metal raising above the wild jungle.

Someone calls for backup through the soldiers' radio and many of them rush inside with their weapons at hand. Two of them stay behind to watch the gate.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"Considering the situation, how should we handle this?" Frankford asks the rest hoping they could decide together what to do. He then adds the following trying to remind everyone of the objective. "We need to make this as silent as possible and attracting the least amount of attention."
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

22. - Top - End - #22

BlackDragon

Madam Clock

Madam Clock looks thoughtful, her green eyes flicking back towards the moonlit guards in the distance. "I could perhaps cast the Eyes of Aion on one of their number, freezing him between the ticks of the clock. May one of you handle the other guard in similar fashion?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Lunaris chimes in. I'll be able to Sneak past them but sadly their isn't much I can to to help the rest of you, or take out the other guard

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"I could try creating an illusion to lure the soldiers but I dont have a fast and decisive way to deal with with those soldiers." Frankford admits.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Burr
    No conditions
    While the others speak lots of boring words, Burr considers which of the many animals that she can smell should she chase down and eat first.

26. - Top - End - #26

Richard shrugs. "Does taking him down hard and fast enough count?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Kat turned to Frankford. "One of us could create an illusion for Miss Lizard, the Moon Man and Sir Douchebag to hide behind until they get close enough to strike." She looked around. "What would be the most inconspicuous option here? Maybe some friendly, nonthreatening animal?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Lunaris thinks for a moment before speaking once an idea comes to him. ”There is one thing I can try to get us all past safely, I can dig a tunnel underground so that we can get past the guards”
    Last edited by Seandiggersby; 2020-12-04 at 07:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Kat made a sound that was half appreciation of the idea and half annoyance at not having thought of it herself. "That is not the most awful idea I have ever heard. Dead guards might worry the rest if they come back. Do your thing, Mole Elf." Kat looked at the guards with an expression cats usually save for mice. "I will keep them distracted."

It was a shame, really. She could have shown them a fire-breathing dragon. A thousand attacking warriors. A tornado of sharks. Whatever unthinkable things had haunted their childhood dreams. But alas, that might not really serve the purpose at hand. Another time. Instead, she settled for showing them a version of reality that was just a little tailored to her will. The gunfire grew a little louder, the explosions a little closer, seemingly shaking the ground itself.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-12-04 at 04:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

"This shouldn't take too long, it's best if we move quickly the longer we stay in one spot the more likely we are to bump into trouble" Lunaris moves behind a large rock to hide the entrance to the tunnel. Then he starts to channel moon magic shooting a small beam from his hand that drills through the ground beneath him leaving a hole behind him.