New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Fanfiction where Harry and Tonks raise Teddy?

Does anybody know of any fanfiction where lupin dies but nymphadora lives and harry and Tonks have to raise him together? I've looked but I can't find any, but it seems like it should exist somewhere.
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2020-12-15 at 02:04 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fanfiction where Harry and Tonks raise Teddy?

I read a lot of fanfic, and you know what? That almost never comes into play. There is one story ALMOST like that, but its less harry and tonks and more tonks and all their friends because she is kinda bad at being a mom. Not in an abusive or neglectful way, but just not a very responsible one. And even then its just a tiny portion of the fic. not even a B plot, more like C or D. Pretty much any story I read where teddy is a factor for whatever reasons sticks with andromeda raising him. Harry is generally just the godfather type.

Ok, did a quick archive binge. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1334858...Their-Blessing is only 2 chapters long and looks abandoned, it seems about all there is. At least, that the filter of those three characters brought up. But the site is kinda wonky and not everyone lists the main characters well so there may be more.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Does anybody know of any fanfiction where lupin dies but nymphadora lives and harry and Tonks have to raise him together? I've looked but I can't find any, but it seems like it should exist somewhere.
    Why does it seem like something that should exist? That seems like a ridiculously niche circumstance for someone to write a fanfic about.

4. - Top - End - #4

That is a fair point, tonks/harry pairing are fairly uncommon as it is outside of harem fics, going for widow tonks/harry pairing restricts it even further.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Harry is generally just the godfather type.
    Now I'm imagining Harry in a suit and hat speaking in a wheezy voice.

"Oi, Ron, Y'had betta' make this deal work out, or you'll be sleepin' with the Grindylows."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Now I'm imagining Harry in a suit and hat speaking in a wheezy voice.

"Oi, Ron, Y'had betta' make this deal work out, or you'll be sleepin' with the Grindylows."
    10 bucks says the fandom has done this. A "godfather" harry I mean.

7. - Top - End - #7

They have done james bond harry potter, so it wouldnt surprise me. I read one short story where he was raised by james and so took on his mannerisms, and another where he was basically raised by mi6 and the 00 agents in general and picked up his spycraft that way, becoming an agent.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

My favorite crackfic remains the one where Harry is raised by Deadpool, though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Tonks was a 25 year old with a kid who liked older men, and Harry Potter was a 17 year old. Ignoring the grooming issues involved, why would anyone want HP to raise a kid and why would Tonks want to live with (much less date/marry) him?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Tonks was a 25 year old with a kid who liked older men, and Harry Potter was a 17 year old. Ignoring the grooming issues involved, why would anyone want HP to raise a kid and why would Tonks want to live with (much less date/marry) him?
    Because harry potter fanfics make very little sense. I used to read a lot of them, and for some reason Harry/Tonks was popular.

I think part of it is people mistaking how young/old Tonks is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I agree that a Harry/Tonks pairing makes no sense in and of itself, but Harry was Teddy's godfather and based on Harry's own experiences, godfathering is the sort of situation where you are expected to act in loco parentis to an extent (or at least, that Harry would do so).

Harry may be 17, but he's a legal adult, not that much younger than his parents were when they had him, there doesn't seem to be any expectation of further education so he's presumably going to get a job imminently, he's well-connected, rich, and likely to stay that way. You could do worse in a parent figure: indeed, Lupin was destitite and near-unemployable.

So as a scenario it's not totally insane. It's not one I've heard about though.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I agree that a Harry/Tonks pairing makes no sense in and of itself, but Harry was Teddy's godfather and based on Harry's own experiences, godfathering is the sort of situation where you are expected to act in loco parentis to an extent (or at least, that Harry would do so).

Harry may be 17, but he's a legal adult, not that much younger than his parents were when they had him, there doesn't seem to be any expectation of further education so he's presumably going to get a job imminently, he's well-connected, rich, and likely to stay that way. You could do worse in a parent figure: indeed, Lupin was destitite and near-unemployable.

So as a scenario it's not totally insane. It's not one I've heard about though.
    To be fair, I feel like it's infinitely more likely than the mute gangster harry with a gun fic's that exist. I think what scare's me the most is that it's in the plural.

13. - Top - End - #13

Heh, most harry tonks stories that ive seen are either the mega harems where harry is a 15 year old sex master of a dozen women or it tends to involve all sorts of crazy twisting to justify like a de-aged tonks, or a marriage contract thing. The best story I read involving this was basically tonks being harrys guard over one of the summers, I want to say post 5th year, where she ends up working to help him and they fall for each other. They are generally dismissive of the whole age gap thing, treating it like its crazy anyone would object to the pairing based on "Oh im immature and he is too serious therefore its fine" or something like that. At least when its naruto fanfics they tend to boost graduation age from the academy to make it seem less insane when they pair him up with anko or kurenai or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    To be fair, I feel like it's infinitely more likely than the mute gangster harry with a gun fic's that exist. I think what scare's me the most is that it's in the plural.
    Havent seen any of them, closest I got was Old Soldiers where he basically recruits an army of retired squibs from the military to help him take out voldemort.
    Last edited by Traab; 2020-12-16 at 02:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean there's that movie. Guns Akimbo.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh, most harry tonks stories that ive seen are either the mega harems where harry is a 15 year old sex master of a dozen women or it tends to involve all sorts of crazy twisting to justify like a de-aged tonks, or a marriage contract thing. The best story I read involving this was basically tonks being harrys guard over one of the summers, I want to say post 5th year, where she ends up working to help him and they fall for each other. They are generally dismissive of the whole age gap thing, treating it like its crazy anyone would object to the pairing based on "Oh im immature and he is too serious therefore its fine" or something like that. At least when its naruto fanfics they tend to boost graduation age from the academy to make it seem less insane when they pair him up with anko or kurenai or whoever.

Havent seen any of them, closest I got was Old Soldiers where he basically recruits an army of retired squibs from the military to help him take out voldemort.
    Yeah, the age gap is definitely an issue. I feel like the major issue with that is that everyone pairs them together when harry's still in high school or barely out of it. it would be a heck of a lot less weird if harry was in his late 20's to early 30's. The age gap between them is about seven years, so maybe more like 40's? a 40 year old dating(Or married too) a 47 year old is decidedly less creepy. On another note I'm not actually looking for romance stories, I just think Harry would totally try to help Tonks, his friend and a single mother, take care of his god-child if Remus died, and the dynamic would be interesting.
    Although admittedly, knowing the kinds of people who right fanfiction a totally platonic relationship between a main character and a woman is impossible. Damn teenage hormones.

16. - Top - End - #16

Ive honestly only seen a handful of stories that deal with tonks post baby. The few I remember tend to involve group efforts like mama weasley babysitting, hermione helping out from time to time, harry taking his godson out on adventures, etc etc etc. Its strange how rarely the death of the tonks/lupin family is not a part of things. Ive easily seen 5x as many teddy tonks stories where he is raised by andromeda.