New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Life Cleric Like Abilities

So, I've been building a highly ritual based character. Because of this, I'm going vHuman, with druid initiate, taking goodberry. I was planning on going life cleric (yes, that build), and justifying the cheese by picking as many ritual spells as possible, thereby kinda gimping myself in combat (making healing and utility my big additions).

However, The life cleric build doesn't really... fit the character feel, and I was kinda looking at rolling a divination wizard, instead and multiclassing for the healing effect (thus also delaying the super-berry cheese until it's not as overpowered).

Is Life cleric the only one that provides a numerical buff to goodberry, or are there other (sub)classes which do similar things?

EDIT: I should also mention that in addition to the ritual feel, I'm also going for a divination feel.
    Last edited by Lupine; 2020-11-29 at 03:36 PM.
    When I ask how to get a nail out of piece of wood, please don't tell me why screws are better fastners.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Roc-rocks fall fall and everybody dies-dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftafp View Post
    Acid comes in a burlap sack, arrows come in a vase
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Newton's 3rd law of motion seems to apply in 5e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalance View Post
    Weaponized chickens will be fed ball bearings. When ready to use, feed them a potion of alche-seltzer, then toss at enemy. Cruel, but effective.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Life Cleric Like Abilities

I would consider the Mark of Healing Halfling.
    I'm an optimizer, so when I say something is good, that means I think that it's powerful relative to the strongest options the system offers from a mechanical standpoint.
    When I say something is bad, I do not mean that is not viable or that you shouldn't play it, only that it isn't satisfactory for high optimization tables.

I use LudicSavant's and AureusFulgen's DPR Calculator to calculate DPR.
    My builds can be found at BendKing's Baffling Builds Bundle.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maybe throw in theurgic wizard with the life domain?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
    So, I've been building a highly ritual based character. Because of this, I'm going vHuman, with druid initiate, taking goodberry. I was planning on going life cleric (yes, that build), and justifying the cheese by picking as many ritual spells as possible, thereby kinda gimping myself in combat (making healing and utility my big additions).

However, The life cleric build doesn't really... fit the character feel, and I was kinda looking at rolling a divination wizard, instead and multiclassing for the healing effect (thus also delaying the super-berry cheese until it's not as overpowered).

Is Life cleric the only one that provides a numerical buff to goodberry, or are there other (sub)classes which do similar things?

EDIT: I should also mention that in addition to the ritual feel, I'm also going for a divination feel.
    Life Cleric is the only one that really provides that style of buff to Goodberry, but all you need is a one level dip in it. You can combine that dip effectively with a wide variety of classes. Mark of Healing Wizards do especially well with a 1 level Life Cleric dip. So well, in fact, that I daresay they are one of the best healer builds available.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones