Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    "You're going in hot-the area is not secured, I repeat, not secured-stay on your toes!" Alia tells you just before you step on the teleporter.

    You beam up, and in a moment, back down-you're in a small rest stop near the top of Federation City's highway megastructure. You can already see some wreckage-cars pummeled by debris, people bleeding, Reploids in pain... And somehow audible above it all, a mad cackling.

    The area, while not fully secured, is for the moment free of hostiles. But you see carriers floating in. You're the first on the scene-what will you do?



    OOC Thread
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-11-29 at 11:04 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Boris will move to the edge of the rooftop, trying to see who or what is coming in on the carriers. He scans back and forth, keeping an eye on the carriers as he surveys the damage and tries to make out where the damage spread from.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21] for Perception


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    By the way, if you would rather we follow the naming conventions of the bosses in the games, I can do so, but I recall the lore in the adventure games (as opposed to the original platformers) establishing most of those as code names or call signs, with most Reploids having more human names.


    EDIT: Starting with a natural 20 is always a good omen.
    Last edited by Hellpyre; 2020-11-30 at 12:12 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Rx9 also moves to the edge of the rooftop and scans the carnage before him. As he does so, he instinctively scans for injured civilians, attempting separate them into different levels of harm in order to prioritize who, if anyone, needs immediate attention.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolling Medicine to attempt to triage properly: (1d20+4)[15]
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Leopard moves with the team to the edge and does his own scan for danger, specifically any sign of further environmental dangers

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    Perception

    (1d20+3)[20]
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-11-30 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I just like the name "Shock Leopard". Has a good ring to it.

    My goal is not to be unfair or anything, it's just to make a fun game. As part of that, if each of you make your own code-name, within that style, you'll gain Inspiration too!

    And Luccan, relatedly, should make a more common name as well.


    Boris and Leopard scan for threats, while Rx9 triages the nearby injured. There are two people that require immediate attention, barely clinging on, both non-Reploids. There are half a dozen who don't need immediate attention, but should be flagged for assistance, a mixture of Reploids and not. And there are three who are too far gone-one of them, a Reploid, has their cortex splattered on the ground. Of the other two, non-Reploids, one is already dead, and the other is missing their entire lower half. They won't last long at all.

    What the other two see, scanning past the immediate grisly scene, are two things. The first is a chunk of concrete, hanging by a single steel girder that's slowly twisting further and further. The other, a purple-armored figure, manically throwing explosives towards weakened pillars.

    All three of you can see the telltale flashes of other Hunters teleporting in, but none near either of those two problems.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Rx9 mutters to himself as he observes the wounded. "Fracture... shock... Ooo, zat looks nasty." He moves toward the critically wounded and crouches over one of them. "Internal hemorrhaging, very nasty indeed. Let's see here..." He rummages through his bag before pulling out a small vial full of silver liquid and pouring it down the person's throat.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rx9 moves towards the injured and casts Spare the Dying on one of them.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-12-01 at 11:08 AM. Reason: I am highly unobservant.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    "I have eyes on a possible Maverick. Moving in to cut them off now."

    Boris will move towards the purple-clad enemy, stopping briefly to transfer some healing to one of the injured humans as he moves by (preference given to anyone pointed out by Rx9, otherwise whoever is closest along the path towards the Maverick. Lay on Hands for one point of healing to stabilize). He pulls out his hammer to get ready as he starts moving in.

    Spoiler: If the Concrete block is directly above the injured
    Show
    If the concrete looks like it could drop onto the injured, Boris will instead call out "I see a possible suspect, but we have a more immediate concern" and point to the girder barely staving off a fresh disaster. He will attempt to move the injured who could survive with medical attention out of the way of the fall, using his Lay on Hands on whoever he can get to that looks most heavily wounded.
    Last edited by Hellpyre; 2020-11-30 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Goodness, that color was bright
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    The two victims breathe easier-still not hale and hearty, but they'll survive till a proper medical team arrives.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Make an Intelligence check to see if you can ascertain whether or not the girder is in danger of snapping.

    If you have an architectural background on your PC, or engineering tool proficiency, or something like that, you may add proficiency.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Hold on a minute, Boris, the structure isn't secure Leopard takes a measured look at the girder, the rough math going exceptionally fast by most standards, but rather sloppily for a professional engineering Reploid

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    Engineering (1d20+3)[23]
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-11-30 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Leopard's keen eye and knowledge allow him to quickly appraise the structure. It's not going to last long-you've got maybe a minute before it comes crashing down. There are some people who'd need to be moved out of the way, and it will almost certainly cause more damage on the way down if nothing is done to it.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Rx9 gives a small smile of relief as he sees the person stabilize. "It worked! Excellent." He then hears Shock Leopard call out and quickly looks upward to view the structure in question. "...Less excellent," he mutters, then quickly moves to start relocating those in danger.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    There are (3d3)[6] living victims underneath the concrete, none of whom are ambulatory.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Upon reaching the victims, Rx9 once again rummages around in his bag, which briefly envelops his entire arm. "No... no... here it is!" He pulls out a large beaker filled to the brim with a charcoal-black liquid, uncaps it, and quickly spreads it in and around the endangered area. "Industrial strength lubricant! Should make things easier, yes?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I cast Grease centered on the area underneath the girder.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-12-01 at 11:39 AM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Boris flashes a quick smile to Rx9,

    "Thanks for the help. Someday I'll figure out how you keep the kitchen sink you call a bag organized."

    Once the area is lubricated, he will move in and start dragging the injured out of the area under the concrete. If someone he grabs is too hurt to be moved safely, he will discretely radiate some energy to revitalize them enough that they stay stable.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Nice thinking, Rex. Lets get these people out of harm's way and get after that maverick. Leopard hurriedly drags more survivors out of the way of the girder. Once they're clear, he takes out the refitted nail gun from his days as a repairbot and loads it up If we hurry we might catch him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As long as everyone is clear of the potential falling debris, he takes out his Light Crossbow and makes sure it's loaded. Also, I've settled on Leonard Whitlock for a civilian name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Unsure of what to do with the compliments, Rx9 simply smiles awkwardly and moves to assist his teammates with moving the victims out of danger. Once finished, he hefts his bag and moves to follow Shock Leopard towards the Maverick.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Looking down, it seems the people down below have evacuated the highway. There may be someone you can't see-but your best judgement is that you've cleared the area of innocents.

    You start laying chase to the bomber, and mere moments after you start, you hear a mighty CRASH as the concrete hits the ground and begins to tumble while falling to pieces.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move Speeds, everyone. And any movement related abilities, like dashing twice or whatever.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Boris flicks his eyes back and spends a brief moment thankful that there was enough time to protect the citizens. Then he returns his focus to their objective, starting a full run for the mad bomber.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Movement speed of 30ft., dash as an action to cover 60 ft.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Rx9 jumps as the girder comes crashing down behind him. In a moment though, his mind returns to the task at hand. As he matches pace with Boris, he muses about possible ways to take down this Maverick while ensuring that he doesn't hurt anyone else.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I take the Dash action to move 60 feet.
    Question: would I or my character know about general traits of reploids? Specifically, are they immune to poison or being poisoned as a general rule?
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Rx9 jumps as the girder comes crashing down behind him. In a moment though, his mind returns to the task at hand. As he matches pace with Boris, he muses about possible ways to take down this Maverick while ensuring that he doesn't hurt anyone else.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I take the Dash action to move 60 feet.
    Question: would I or my character know about general traits of reploids? Specifically, are they immune to poison or being poisoned as a general rule?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    They are not. Fluff it how you please, but Reploids enjoy no special resistance to poisons.


    You keep pace with the Maverick, but find yourself drawing no nearer, only stopping him from making the distance greater. He's about 500' away right now, and you'll have to figure something out to catch him.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Leopard points towards the spiraling ramp He's heading down. If we can time it right, I think we can leap and land in front of him. I can slow our fall so we won't be injured. The spots over his body light up as he begins to charge a magnetic pulse to slightly push them against gravity's pull, as he waits for their moment

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If I understand correctly, jumping from the top of the ramp should give us the opportunity to get in front of this guy and cut him off. when we get there, I'm ready to jump and cast Feather Fall at what I can best surmise is the "right moment". Let me know if I need to roll for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    You wait, lurking in the shadows, and as the Maverick comes below your street, you jump.

    Shock Leopard, just before you hit the ground, fires the thrusters and grabs you two, letting you land safely. What the- the Maverick lets out, unprepared for the sudden fight.

    He's clad in purple armor, with a shoulder cannon and what looks like a child's unicorn backpack full of explosives.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll initiative! But also get a surprise round.

    Maverick: (1d20+3)[8]
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    [roll]1d20+1[/roll] well, messed that up. I'll roll it in the OOC


    Boris will move in to melee range, drawing his weapon and becoming sheathed in a cold blue glow as he menaces the maverick.

    "Stop. Surrender yourself and place yourself at the mercy of the law."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move to close, cast Armor of Agathys as an action, object interaction to draw weapon.
    Last edited by Hellpyre; 2020-12-07 at 09:10 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    The response is simple. No.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20)[13]


    Rx9's mechanical heart leaps into his throat as he jumps, and as the pavement rushes up to meet him he briefly wonders if he would've been better off staying in the lab. Then the thrusters fire, and his mind quickly snaps to attention as he sizes up the Maverick.

    Hmm. Excellent time to test the nanoinjectors, he thinks, and as he moves back to a safe distance he pulls a small green vial from his bag and slots it into his arm, taking aim at the Maverick and firing.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rx9 will ready an action to cast Ray of Sickness on the Maverick if it doesn't comply with Boris's instructions, and move 30 feet away from it in the process. cast Ray of Sickness while moving 30 ft away.
    Attack: [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Goofed that up. Roll is in the OOC
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-12-07 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Didn't see that "No." Also, should probably actually roll for the spell.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Wrong answer! Engaging damage reduction measures a white-blue coolant blasts out of a nozzle that emerges from Shock Leopard's wrist, aimed directly at the shoulder with the cannon

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Frostbite, save DC 14. Will give disadvantage on the target's next weapon attack roll. (1d6)[1]

    Init: (1d20+3)[15]

    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


  27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Ack! he lets out as the poison slows his body. Despite the inconvenience, he manages to avoid the coolant blast.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Surprise round over.

    Regular combat starting, with all three of you before hime.

    8 damage taken.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    "Excellent! The nanobots are attempting to shut down his system, with good results." He frowns. "Not nearly as efficiently as predicted, however. We'll have to fix that." He smiles, then pulls a small vial from his person and hurls it at the Maverick. Let's see if acid exposure helps zhem do the job."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rx9 casts Acid Splash at the Maverick.
    Save: (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d6)[6] acid.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalflingRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Boris swings out at the Maverick, seeking to knock out the mad bomber before he can hurt more innocents.

    "Then we'll have to take you in the hard way, I'm afraid!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12] to hit, and I'll add +10 with my channel divinity for a total of 22.
    (1d8+2)[7] for damage from weapon and adding (2d8)[5] radiant from Divine Smite with a 1st-level slot.
    Last edited by Hellpyre; 2020-12-08 at 12:48 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Luccan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Old West
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Maverick Rebellion Of 20XX [IC]

    Leopard pulls up the nail gun and fires off a large spike towards the maverick.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    (1d20+5)[15]

    (1d8+3)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

    I for one support the Gnoman Empire.
    Avatar by linklele

    Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

    E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

    E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •