New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Spell to create/transmute spell components

Looking for a spell that allwos me to create spell components for another spellcaster (so not blood money). E.g. turn x,000 GP of diamond dust into spell components or x,000 GP of money into diamond dust.

Ideally Cleric, Druid or Magus

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Spell to create/transmute spell components

If you have the material in question, e.g. you have a bunch of rubies but you're trying to make ruby dust for your Forcecage, you want Fabricate.

If you don't have the right component but you have a bunch of money/valuable yet miscellaneous components instead, you probably want True Creation (or its big brothers, Miracle and Wish.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fof3 View Post
    Looking for a spell that allwos me to create spell components for another spellcaster (so not blood money). E.g. turn x,000 GP of diamond dust into spell components or x,000 GP of money into diamond dust.

Ideally Cleric, Druid or Magus
    I'd say you want True Creation, but the gotcha is that it's an "orphan" spell. It was converted to Pathfinder as part of the 3.5 SRD, but the spell was dropped from the associated domain, Artifice.

A generous reading of Fabricate will allow it to work with Blood Money, as the original materials are listed as a material component... but they're also listed as the target, which means a not so generous DM will not let it work.

What you really need, though, is a way to give the other spellcaster Blood Money. If you can get it on a scroll, wand, staff, Ring of Spell Knowledge, Minor Ring of Spell Storing, Page of Spell Knoweldge, or similar (pick the medium based on your target), then you're good to go.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I have scribe spell-scar, not scribe scroll, and neither the druid nor the cleric have the UMD to cast spells not on their list.
    I was looking for something that would allow me to convert diamond dust to components as I have 1k DD which would allow me to make the components for reincarnate. OR we may have the 5k in money for raise dead, but not the Diamond Dust.

Ah well.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fof3 View Post
    I have scribe spell-scar, not scribe scroll, and neither the druid nor the cleric have the UMD to cast spells not on their list.
    I was looking for something that would allow me to convert diamond dust to components as I have 1k DD which would allow me to make the components for reincarnate. OR we may have the 5k in money for raise dead, but not the Diamond Dust.

Ah well.
    What about Teleport? Gems are a trade good, usable as cash. Just go shopping.

Edit:
    Oh yes, and do note that if you can get a Ring of Spell Storing (any variety), then you can load Blood Money into that, and they can use it. It's a command-word item, rather than spell-trigger or spell completion. No UMD needed.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-12-02 at 07:21 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.