New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default FotF unarmed strike progression

Hi all, so I am barb 2/unarmed swordsage 3 and just gained my first level of Fist of the Forest, should my unarmed strike damage go from 1d6 to 1d8 or to 1d10, since it was already 1d6?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: FotF unarmed strike progression

Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    Hi all, so I am barb 2/unarmed swordsage 3 and just gained my first level of Fist of the Forest, should my unarmed strike damage go from 1d6 to 1d8 or to 1d10, since it was already 1d6?
    If you were only dealing 1d6 then it increases to 1d8. It only goes up further if you already did 1d8 damage with Unarmed Strikes, or get 3rd level of Fist of the Forest.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: FotF unarmed strike progression

Yeah, FotF only interacts with your preexisting unarmed damage if you already did "this amount of damage," so d8 at 1st level. Might be worth taking a fourth unarmed swordsage level first, get your damage up to a d8 before taking FotF, and it'll go up to d10 at FotF 1 and 2d6 at FotF 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronikoce View Post
    If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to hold it for me you wouldn't say they were wielding the candlestick. If I handed someone a candlestick and asked them to club an intruder to death you would say they were wielding the candlestick. The act of using the held item for a purpose such as intruder clubbing changes the word that ought to be used.