New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

"I have a better idea," the Kroot focused on the one who had the stick everyone seemed so focused on around her and began to peek into the warp around him. She let Max take the lead, preparing to strike once he drew the rest of the fodder's fire.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using the Eye of Oblivion power as a Full Round Action. Basically, I make a Perception Test and if I succeed I get to add my Perception bonus to damage the first time I hit the designated target (which would be the first officer). I've taken a level of fatigue, but this is one of my chosen House Renegade powers so that cancels it out, and I have Unnatural Perception (x2), meaning I count whatever I roll as two degrees better (basically +20 to the TN)

Perception Test (TN 43, Result adds two degrees of success): (1d100)[64]
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Armory
    Kais thinks back to his training. Standard fire warrior doctrine would be to hit the leader and other high-value targets with precision fire, and then fall back, luring the disorganized enemy through pre-planned defensive crossfires. Of course, there's always the question, "WWCFD?" Probably rush in with a magic sword and kill everyone with a few pithy quotes. Finally, he does have two more photon grenades and an Ogryn battering ram... and he realizes that the cluttered barracks will make shooting more difficult. For both sides. As he ponders this, the lascannon is hoisted into place. Two pirates are connecting power cables to it...

Jag-reg too is also pondering his options. He's seen Ogryns using similar heavy guns as that lascannon in battle... both as guns or as clubs... A charge might be difficult although he could simply batter through the bunk beds with brute strength.

Lieutenant Seta-Roja mulls Kais' words. She has a naval pistol, and a few of the crew have illegal stub revolvers... but most of the guns are in the armory. Which is under siege at the moment. The crew is mostly armed with boarding axes at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shoots through the cluttered room will take a -10 BS penalty as shots hit beds, lockers, and other obstacles.

Astropath Chambers
    Father Answin grabs a table and flips it up between him and some of the other pirates. A vase of flowers falls to the floor, shattering, and sending a bowl of fresh fruit flying, a rare and preciously guarded commodity aboard the ship. Another gout of flame sears across the other half of the astropath's chambers, burning more priceless tapestries. The two pirates nearest to Answin scream and panic as they are engulfed in flame. Meanwhile, Rendara's powers crush the life out of the pirate who had tried to take her captive. He falls to the ground, choking and coughing up blood. She looks around. The ancient tapestries depicting the astropath's progress towards apothesis are burning. The stylized astropaths are engulfed in flame. The last remaining tapestry, depicting a few astropaths kneeling before the golden throne, is the only one left intact at the moment. The smoke alarms begin blaring, and the ancient sprinklers begin to spray stagnant water throughout the room. Handy for keeping the ship intact, but it will put the burning pirates out next round...

The two living, not-burning pirates fire their shotguns at Father Answin. One of them misses completely, but the other one manages to hit him squarely in the table. A few pellets make it through, but bounce harmlessly off his armor.

In the Deep Underdecks:
    In the shadows of the under deck, it's hard to tell which one is which. Was it the one who spoke? Or another one? Well, whoever it was falls down with its chest a smouldering ruin. The others are surprised, and turn and stare dumbly at where Xantha is standing, melta pistol steaming.

Beneath the Bridge
    Max leaps from his hiding place, through the grate, and exercises a tuck and roll towards some strange device with heavy metal plates at its base. Unfortunately, he lands with a loud thump, and the mutineers all turn towards him in surprise. The mutineers all draw weapons, fancy-looking naval pistols while Commander Linus Harte draws a bolt pistol and holds up his hand, and says, "Commander Crone. So good of you to join us. Tell me, have you dreamed of carving your name out amongst the stars, instead of grubbing for thrones in the dirt in the service of some... Imperial rogue?"

Spoiler
    Show
    How long has Max been on the ship in the service to the von Drakkans?

Selrya uses her keen hunter's eye to examine the threads of fate surrounding the first officer. Over the years, the man had been dismissive of her abilities, and he had spoke perhaps a dozen times to her, each time his voice dripping with scorn. However, looking at the currents of the warp surrounding the officer, Selrya realizes...

Spoiler: Selrya
    Show
    She realizes that he is the true hero of this story. That he will not die today; destiny has another fate in store for him...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Resisting the urge to admire her handiwork, Xantha aimed at the closest mutant still breathing and fired again.

Spoiler
    Show

Half action aim and fire for TN 49:
    (1d100)[36]

(1d10)[4]+(1d10)[6]+8 Energy Damage, Pen 13.

4. - Top - End - #34

Thinking over the situation, and looking hard at the limited weaponry that the crew are armed, with Kais decides against his suggested plan of action even before the woman gives him a proper answer. "Never mind that. This clutter will be too difficult and while my rifle might manage to do the job it's too risky of a plan to rely on such chance." He didn't outrank the officer either, so she might just decide to give some orders to her crew regardless of what he thought was best, but he felt the need to do his part to help them all succeed. He turned his gaze to Jag-reg, not knowing his name but clearly knowing his strength and brutality. "My sturdy friend, could we count on your strength again?" He continued to speak, though this was more for the officer's benefit since it was obvious that the hulking brute was not well-gifted of intelligence. "I would suggest that we leverage the element of surprise and our close-range weaponry. I have two more photon grenades I can toss to disorient them while we close in and hopefully the sight of this one charging with our support should allow us to strike a decisive blow. We are outnumbered of course and may need to fall back quickly but now is the time for Mont'ka, the killing blow. We strike hard and fast, target their leaders, and leave the rabble to disperse or get gunned down."
    Aiden "Talon" Wulf

Die Wölfe der Abfälle.----- Mercenary company in "Total War: Condottieri II"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Father Answin

In a righteous battle, Father Answin was unfazed by a burned tapestry or a broken vase. He also did not flinch as some projectiles struck his battle armour underneath his robes. As he watched two of the pirates engulfed in purifying flame, screaming in agony, he raised his left hand with gravitas, as if in a religious ceremony.
    "Lo! Your dark gods have forsaken you! In the face of True Faithful, their power wanes, as you may now witness. By His Undying Glory, fall to your knees and DESPAIR!"
    With that, he brought another burst of Holy fire down over them.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d10+4)[13] Pen 2 for the pirates, -20% Agility as usual.

Also throwing an intimidate at the pirates, if possible, just for fun and to see what happens
    (1d100)[28] vs 62
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Glory to the Flame!

Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Rendara:
    "See, now we have to replace holy tapestries of the Scholastica Psykana! Look at what you made him do! I need these relics for my meditations to send messages across the void, you cretins!"
    Though she has to inwardly admit, all the astropaths being burned and forgotten while the Emperor remains to keep maintaining the Astronomican in eternal pain is a fitting metaphor for the astropaths struggle and place in life. The redhead astropath raises her hand to point at the left living pirate then close her palm into fist to crush him into chunks of meat.
    "Pay with your life!"

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Rolling Unfettered Telekinetic Crush:
    (1d100)[52] (Willpower 81)

Impact Damage:
    (1d10+4)[11]
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Jag-reg looked down at the blue-min talking to him. He knew he wasn't supposed to like him, but the blue-min seemed nicer than a lot of the other Little 'uns. Although sometimes that wasn't very hard.

Jag-reg wasn't clear on the details of what was going to happen, but he knew that the plan was going to go down just like most of the plans that involved Ogryns would. He got in position next to the doorway, and waited for someone to sound the charge. Once they did, Jag-reg would charge that big gun, and see if he could get to it before it got to him.

Show

Jag-reg is going to wait for some one to shout charge, and then make a charge action against the lasgun itself.
    Str test against a 63 (+1 degree of success from Unnatural Strength)
    To break down any obstructions between myself and the gun team.
    (1d100)[27]

I know the gun itself isn't a pirate, but it seems to either be manned by actual pirates or pirate aligned enemies so I'd like to apply my Hatred (Pirates) bonus if I can.
    WS check at the end of the charge to hit the gun, or anyone in range if I fail to make it where I want to be.
    WS test against a 61 (or 71 if my Hatred applies) (51 + 10 from charge bonus, possibly another +10 from Hatred (Pirates))
    (1d100)[81]
    Last edited by Catarang; 2020-12-08 at 04:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

As Selrya examined the threads of fate around their target, she was stunned by what she saw. Literally. The human that had rushed into the room without tactic or pause was either dead or about to be seduced by this man's offer. She wouldn't remain to see which. She began to flee as quickly as she could, hoping to encounter that priest near his chapel. It might be on the other side of the ship, but what were her options when she was faced with a man with such gravity?

Show
    Another pair of stealth rolls!

Silent Move (TN 49): (1d100)[74]
    Concealment (TN 49): (1d100)[71]
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Commander Crone

Cursing under his breath that his fall from the hatch has been so graceless he rises to his feet, pistol hanging loosely by his side. He looks at the mutineer and shrugs, "You know me. I been aboard the beast here for a good 4 years. But I been looking out for me for much longer. I signed up for plunder, profit and a bit of fun." Pausing he takes a few steps to the die to make sure he has some cover between one the Lord Captain's exercise contraptions.

Eyeing the mutineer and his fellows he shrugs - "What could you offer me? You know I'm the best pilot aboard her." He grins, "Aye, carving my name could sound mighty fine." As he plays for time he tries to glance to the left and the right to see where the kroot has vanished to.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Armory
    The crewmen assemble in the corridor behind the officer. She nods in agreement to Kais's plan. Kais expertly lobs the grenade down the aisle between the bunkbeds. It bounces down by the surprised pirate's feet, and they look at it, startled... and then the flash goes off. "Go! Go!" shouts the officer, and Jag-reg leads the charge, knocking down and knocking away bunk beds anything else between him and the big gun. With a mighty swipe of his warhammer, he sends the thing flying into the open space before the armory wall. It looks visibly bent. Now Jag-reg has to deal with the angry pirates around him... Most are clutching their faces and groaning, but a few of them draw mono-cutlasses and begin to defend themselves... while the leader of the gang of pirates draws a chain cutlass and points it at Jag-reg. "Take him down!" he shouts. The small mob of crewmen have followed behind Jag-reg and are busy stabbing and hacking away at the stunned pirates.

Spoiler
    Show
    There is now a confused melee going on in the room. Shooting anyone in it will now suffer a -20 penalty to BS. If Kais wants to get stuck in, he can charge one of the non-stunned pirates. Jag-reg is immediately faced with Pirate Officer 1 and 1 non-stunned standard issue pirate.

Astropath Chambers
    The pirates who dared fire on Father Answin are caught in the next gout of flame. Whatever sins, whatever crimes they may have committed are washed away in the cleansing flames. The emperor will judge them now. The two surviving pirates break and run for it, away from Father Answin. One of them suddenly falls over, writhing, as a vise-like force crushes bones and flesh. The last one makes it to the door leading to Rendara's quarters and flings the door open. There is a loud crack and he falls over. A nervous woman holding a pistol carefully peeks out and asks, "Miss Rendara, are you alright?"

The room is still for a moment, save for the water pouring out of the sprinklers and the fire alarm, and the steam rising from the bodies and the ruins of the room's luxury. Over their comms, they hear someone call in for a situation report...

The Deep underdecks
    Xantha easily sends a melta blast through the chest of another twist. It falls over dead, and the other three turn and flee down the tunnel into the darkness. Xantha has time to shoot another one down as it flees, but pursuing them into the darkness? Well, that is one option. But this maze of tunnels and warrens, so vital to the ship, is far too big for one woman to patrol. Over the comms, she hears someone calling for a situation report.

von Drakkan's Private Gym:
    Max hears muffled thumps rapidly receding into the distance. Whatever he is going to do, he is going to have to do it alone. Old lessons flicker back to his memory about never trusting a xeno... The others hear the noise as well and train their guns on the vent. "Friends of yours up there?" Harte asks. "Well, the offer is open to them as well. Except that bloody warp chicken, of course. The navigators will pay quite handsomely for its head. You are a fine pilot; have you ever wanted to command a ship of your own? This whole thing is bigger than just this. A lot of ships will need captains. A new order for the Koronus Sector. But first, we have to take the baton to the emergency command deck. From there we can override central control, and shut down the engines. Once our friends join us, the ship will be ours."

In the Vents
    Selrya flees back into the depths of the ship's castle. After a few false starts, she finds her way to the corridors near the passsageway to the ship's cathedral. While she is on her way, she listens in on the comms. Someone calls for a situation report. She's not entirely sure where the priest is right now, but someone of his caliber would no doubt go where the fighting is hottest. On the other hand, if the ship does escape the planet's gravity well, they will need her skills to bring the damn thing safely through the warp...

Spoiler: Situation Report
    Show
    It comes back: The castle and the bridge are secure, the pirates and mutineers have been pushed back by von Drakkan's house guards. The Mechanicus have sealed off their enclave and are refusing to set one foot beyond the safety of their defenses. Pretty much what you'd expect from the cog-boys. The ship's main armory is under siege and fighting rages through the lower decks. One bright spot is that the gun-deck clans, bitter rivals to each other and aloof and haughty to the rest of the crew, have kept their realms safe and operational. The ship's guns can still try to fire. However, the bridge's gunnery controls have been damaged, so the secondary controls from the gundeck itself will need to be used. The two pirate ships are content to leave the Media Res under their guns, broadcasting demands for surrender. It seems that they want the prize relatively intact. The bad news is that many of the ship's automated internal defenses have been disabled, and that internal bulkheads that should be sealed are being opened up by the attackers. The captain's baton needs to be recovered in order to remove that capability from the mutineers. Finally, it also looks like the pirate's boarding craft have returned to their mother ships and are preparing to launch another wave...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Rendara:
    she breathes a bit of a sigh of relief as she turns to the servant.
    "Good work. I am fine, these pirates wanted me alive so they couldn't open fire on me. I managed to crush a couple but...Father Answin was here to help with the rest, thank the Emperor. We need to figure out a plan."
    Her shock-staff makes a tok sound on the floor as she walks with it around the room.
    "With Tarquin dead and our ship in disarray....we need the Captains Baton, and we need to get rid of those two pirate ships. We are in no position to board and take the ships for ourselves, so its probably best we figure out how to destroy their two ships to cut off any further forces so that any remaining forces on here are either forced to surrender and serve us or die. We can figure out who gets to play at being Rogue Trader later, right now we need to survive and win. Of course, I could also try using my psyker abilities to affect the battle on a large scale, but doing is difficult and risky, and may cause unwanted warp effects, and I would not want to attempt such an endeavor without your blessing, Father Answin. The smaller the scale I use my powers, the safer we will be.

I can probably safely send telepathic messages to anyone on the ship within about 4 kilometers and definitely safely within two kilometers, so if there is anyone you want to contact for something, tell me who. The message can be for multiple people at once but it will be one way.

Also we should probably ensure anyone who can't fight is safe somewhere."

She will head towards the rest of the bridge, her green robes swishing and her staff making little thumps as she walks
    "We should probably keep moving, we won't do much good dawdling here, and we can come up with a plan along the way."

12. - Top - End - #42

Smiling beneath his helmet Kais was pleased that his throw was so perfect, they'd need every advantage they could get after all. When the officer shouted the charge and the ogryn performed his duty, he followed suit to keep ranks with the crew as they closed in. His rifle would be worthless here so he shouldered that and instead drew his knife and pistol. Close combat was not his forte but he wasn't about to leave the loyal crew mates to fight by themselves. Picking one of the nearest threats Kais would not directly charge for melee but would instead close as much of the distance that he can, attempting to squeeze off a point-blank shot as he fires a shot from the hip. He hoped to clear a path towards the ogryn so as to ensure that the burly creature would not be left surrounded and alone for long.

Spoiler
    Show

Not charging but utilizing Hip Shooting to make a full move and a single ranged attack. Distances are not approximately measured but he's got 10m full move and is hoping to get within 2m for the point blank bonus. Even if he can't reach point blank this turn he'll still be shooting so just pick which modifiers will apply.

Bs vs 44 (54 if Point-Blank / 24 if not): (1d100)[73]

Damage: (2d10+2)[15], Pen 4, Type E

Aiden "Talon" Wulf

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Jag-reg was back in his element. No more pipes to clean. No more choking gases. The battle surrounded him and he was free to crush pirates once again.
    With the lascannon eliminated and its crew scattered, Jag-reg fell into his lust for Pirate blood. Turning to the yipping Little 'un with the chainsword and raising his warhammer high, Jag-reg let loose his most savage bellow in retort as he brought the hammer down.

Show

All Out Attack action to hit the Pirate Officer.
    WS test against an 86 (51 + 5 (Good quality) + 10 (Hatred (Pirate)) + 20 (All out Attack))
    WS test: (1d100)[6]
    Damage: (1d10+12)[22] Pen 3

If this attack succeeds, I'll use Furious Assault to either hit the Officer again if he's still standing or the other pirate that is unaffected by the stun grenade if the officer dies in the first hit.
    WS test against an 86 again (Furious Assault uses the same bonuses as the attack that proc'd it)
    WS test: (1d100)[53]
    Damage: (1d10+12)[18] Pen 3

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Commander Crone

Crone looks carefully at the traitor before nodding. Aye, that sounds okay..." he eyes the baton, wondering how he can get it from the traitor given he's with 4 others. "Whats the plan for getting to the emergency command centre. Be a pretty few folk who'll want that baton." He looks at the four men with the traitor and then back up at the vents. "Sounds like that space chicken went and ran eh? Why not retake the bridge - better than the emergency command, when you eft she had left most ffolk on the bridge, pirate or crew dead with eyes bleeding from that accursed warp eye?"

Trying to trick them into heading back to the bridge
    Deceive (1d100)[94] TN 31 / opposed by scrutiny [+10 if Peer [underworld] applies

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Father Answin

"By the Divine Grace of the Emperor, the tainted shall crumble before the resolute steps of the Righteous. Sic scribebatur." the Missionary intoned serenely, lowering his flamer and letting it rest by his side.
    Alongside the Astropath, Father Answin left the farmer's quarters.

"I generally agree with your assessment, Lady Rendara. We must trust the Media Res' gun batteries to shatter these raider ships. The Captain's Baton - too much depends on it, and too much can be sabotaged if the enemy gets to use it to his ends. I believe it is ours to recover."

The Priest took the time to confer with a bridge officer, who informed him of the baton's position. Considering the ship's size, it was not too far away.
    He reminded the man of the need to guard the Cathedral as well if the pirates were able to override sealed doors, before addressing the Astropath again.

"For the moment, there is no need to tempt the warp, especially with the servants of the ruinous powers so close by. Also, make no mistake - they are such. Their lives are forfeit."

If Father Answin came upon security personnel that wasn't immediately indispensible for the defense of the castle and the bridge, he would take them with him in search for the Captain's Baton.
    as

Show

Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

Glory to the Flame!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Though tempted to join in the fighting, Selrya knew that everyone who was currently onboard, be they loyal, mutineer, or pirate, required her survival in order to have a safe warp journey. She wanted to kill, wanted to take out her fears and aggressions on humanity on these savages, but there would be time for that. She began to head towards the bridge, doing her best to avoid any human presence she encountered.

17. - Top - End - #47

As ionized gas began to billow from the inferno pistol, Xantha thanked what must have been the Emperor's intervention, to have the mutants scatter. Muttering what passed for a prayer from a forge world slum scav, she let the red-hot power pack fall from the ammunition chamber and loaded in another - a slow process that would have given the saboteurs plenty of time to clamber over and beat her half to death, had they noticed.

"The situation is good and fethed, Sir Situation Report. Identify yourself proper, or settle for silence."

The dark, confined atmosphere was doing little for Xantha's latent paranoia. Without some kind of code or identification, she reasoned that she could be giving information to the mutineers. With little else to do to affect real change, she headed towards whatever passed for the nearest loyal stronghold to her knowledge.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Armory
    Jag-reg brings his hammer down on the pirate. The ex-pirate. There is a horrible crunch, a spray of blood, brains, and bone matter. One of the pirates tries to slash at Jag-reg with his mono-cutlass, but misses. Kais tries to push his way towards Jag-reg's side, firing at a pirate as he pushes past a fallen bunk bed, but misses. The pirate swings his mono-cutlass in a vicious slash back at Kais!. All around them, the crew are finishing off the stunned pirates. But some of the pirates are recovering, and starting to fight back! One or two crewmen go down. Without any leadership, though, the pirates are uncertain about what to do. There is a huge racket from out in the open space as the armory's heavy stubber opens up on any pirates in the open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kais takes (1d10+3)[9] pen 2 damage. Unless he dodges or parries, of course.

Astropath Chambers
    Father Answin and Rendara leave the ruined chambers and head out. Unfortunately, the ship's elevators have been shut down by the security protocols, and so Rendara will need to find an alternate way to the bridge. She and Father Answin, they make their way to the stairwell near where the baton was reported. Over the comms, someone reports "It's moving down stairwell Port C3." Father Answin opens the door and checks out the stairwell. He hears footsteps from the stairwell about two decks above where he is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically a metal stairway going back and forth in a stairwell. They would be about 4 landings above you, there is no cover in the stairwell, although every other landing has a metal hatchway. There are also pipes and utility stuff lining the corners, if that's of any use to you.

The Port Gun Decks
    There is a pause on the comm network for a moment, before someone breaks in. "This is subcommander Houlder. Xantha, is that you? You're still alive? Do you need help? Where are you?" Xantha heads up the ladder and pops open the hatch using her personal access code. She climbs out into the eerie calm of the lower port gun decks. There, the men and women of the port gun-clans are waiting for the great guns to fire, so they can carry out their solemn duties. A few of them look over in surprise at Xantha, and one of them hurries over, holding an illegal shotgun, which he hastily attempts to conceal once he recognizes her. Gunner's mate Arns Quatre says, "Xantha, what's doin? What's the word from above? Why arn't the guns firin'? We, uh, are keepin' the pirates at bay. Hain't heard nuthin' from the idjiots over portside. Reckon they might need some help, tho."

Spoiler
    Show
    Xantha knows that the portside and starboard gun deck clans are great rivals. The port gun deck clans are more feral, with each clan serving and worshipping the machine spirits of their great gun, while the starboard gun clans claim descent from ex-Naval ratings, and attempt to emulate the traditions of the Imperial Navy as best they remember them.

von Drakkan's Private Gym:
    Commander Harte's eyes narrow and he says, "We have a plan. Made in consultation with a great many working parts. We are not changing our plan based on input from our newest recruit. Now come along." Behind him, the servant pulls out some keys and unlocks a secret panel in the wall. The others slide it open and open the hatch behind it. He waves his bolt pistol towards the hatch. "After you. Emergency command is only thirty decks down."

Back on the Bridge:
    Selrya climbs back up through the vents and climbs back into the bridge. There is some surprise as she vents, but everyone relaxes a little as they recognize their "navigator". The bridge is in far worse shape than it was when she left; there are a few dozen bodies scattered all over, and smoke and sparks fly from damaged consoles. Subcommander Houlder comes over to her. "Your navigator's pod is still functional, and it's got helm control if you need it. Did Crone get killed? We need to break free of the gravity well before we can jump into the warp, and I reckon the other ships'll start firing if we try and make a break for it." He wipes his dirty, blood-stained brow and adds, "Not sure what we should do. Gunnery control is down, but if someone can take charge from the gun decks or emergency command, we should be able to take open fire again."
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-12-29 at 06:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Xantha Ward

"Don't bother stowing that. Until we're back in control of the ship, consider standing orders against munitions contraband belayed."

It was obvious that the Starboard gunners were the closest thing to working order on the ship right now. To her, this deck's only value was as a safe place to formulate something better. After assigning a pair of gunners to patrol their internal systems for saboteurs, she switched her micro-bead back on.

++This is Organizer Ward. If anyone from the Portside cannons can hear me, please respond. Or Senior Staff, for that matter.++
    Last edited by jolinaxas; 2020-12-13 at 01:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Father Answin

The Priest exchanged a silent glance with Rendara. Whoever held the Captain's Baton, they were heading this way. With his right hand, he slightly gestured to the ground before returning it to the Flamer.
    It was probably best to just remain silent, wait for them to go round the corner of the stairway, and receive them with a fiery blast - and the Astropath's power.

Father Answin remained where he was, taking cover behind the doorframe for now. Once the presumed pirates arrived, he would peek out to spray them with fire.
    as

Show

Glory to the Flame!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Astropath Rendara:
    She will nod and take position behind Answin, not wanting to be in front of his flamer, and readies herself attack their mind- wouldn't be good sense to crush the baton now would it?

22. - Top - End - #52

He couldn't ponder about why his shot went wide in the skirmish as he tried to push inward and for his trouble he had moved perfectly into range to be attacked by a rather sharp and deadly-looking mono-cutlass. Reacting as quick as he could Kais twisted his body to try and slip past the weapon but he just barely was unable to manage it as the tip cut against his armor and spilled a fair amount of his blue blood through the new hole in his suit. Grunting in pain he willed himself to focus and defend himself from this pirate, turning and again attempting to snap off a shot from his pistol. At this distance he didn't have to worry about the chaos of the fighting getting in his way but he had no time to truly aim or otherwise be more accurate than a quick snap-shot. His knife was ready if need be but, well, he trusted his aim more than his strength.

Spoiler
    Show

Shooting in melee with a pistol, no penalty but no bonus either.

Attack vs Bs 44: (1d100)[6]

Damage: (2d10+2)[5][4](9) (Type E, Pen 4)

Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2020-12-14 at 11:48 AM.
    Aiden "Talon" Wulf

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Armory
    Jag-Reg looks around after the second pirate's body hits the floor. And the walls. And a little bit on the ceiling. Around him are several stunned pirates trying to regain their bearings, but the active pirates are trying to stay out of his reach. Kais and Seta-Roja are on the other side of the scrum, in the middle of the room, maybe 5m away, but there are struggling pirates and loyal crewmen between them. Ahead of Jag-Reg is an open area, where stubbers from the armory have kept it clear of pirates. A few pirates charge out from other rooms and are cut down; mostly they are trying to stay in cover and plink away at the defenders. The las-cannon was their big gun, they don't seem to have another one available.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Crone

Crone nods and looks down the hatch and the narrow emergency access stairs. Taking the hint he begins walking down the stairs feeling keenly the armed men behind him.

Racking his brains he tries to think of what he could manage to do to get the baton from the men behind him as he trots down the stairs.

Using the stairs as cover he strokes his chin, also tapping the microbead to "send only" for the rest of the command crew and speaking loudly to the traitorous Harte.
    "You are lucky you got the baton Harte, you'd be dead by now most likely. I have to know, his does one set the wheels in motion on this without old Von Drakkan catching you? You hit that astropath in your pocket?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Jag-reg is attempting to pick another target amongst the pirates unfortunate enough to be on his side of the melee when he witnesses Kais take a blow from a pirate's cutlass. Enraged by this offense, Jag-reg wades through the waves of whirling weapons to arrive next to Kais, and scour his opponents from the Materium.

Show

Jag-reg is going to half move towards Kais. It seems to me that you typically only take AOO when leaving combat with an opponent you were already engaged in melee with, not moving through "threatened space", but if I'm wrong then I'll accept any hits and not attempt to dodge them. Jag-reg is too focused at the moment to really notice small arms.

Jag-reg will then attempt to finish off the opponent that Kais is attacking, or if he is dead before Jag-reg arrives, the closest enemy to Lieutenant Seta-Roja and Kais that Jag-reg can reach on a 5m half move.

Weapon Skill test against 76 or 66 (51 + 5 (GQ) + 10 (Hatred (Pirates) + 10 if outnumbering an opponent 2 to 1)
    (1d100)[20]
    (1d10+12)[21]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Over the vox channel Crone reports in:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crone
    "You are lucky you got the baton Harte, you'd be dead by now most likely. I have to know, his does one set the wheels in motion on this without old Von Drakkan catching you? You hit that astropath in your pocket?"
    From a distance, everyone on the channel hears the response, "Ha! Luck has nothing to do with it. Von Drakkan was an idiot. After all, there's nobody as blind as those who will not see." and a pause. "That astropath is going to be in for a surprise, mark my words. Midnight's Lair will open her eyes... one way or another."

Spoiler: The Current Mission
    Show
    Midnight's Lair is a space hulk that's been spotted in the Heathen Stars. Astropathic communication has been cut off from that region. As a matter of fact, the whole reason why von Drakkan and the Media Res was in this benighted system is that he was on his way to investigate the fate of one of his colonies in the Heathen Stars, and had dropped out of the warp to take 'astropathic soundings' before heading deeper into the Heathen Stars. How much your character would know of this is up to you, but certainly Rendara, Xantha and Crone would be up to speed on the whole matter.
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-12-15 at 05:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Father Answin

There was fury in the Priests eyes as he turned his head back to Rendara for a moment.
    Harte had instigated this. The first officer had betrayed them, and not only that - the way he spoke about Midnight's Lair showed to be true what he had known all along - that their opponents served the ruinous powers. Whatever horrors waited in the space hulk, Harte had to be stopped.

Father Answin gestured towards his head, then to the stairway, before getting back into position for the ambush.
    It was wise to let Commander Crone know of their plan before he set the heretics alight, so he could get out of the way; and it was wiser to do it with Rendara's telepathy than via microbead, with the enemy likely within earshot.
    Last edited by Lord Athos; 2020-12-16 at 02:43 AM.
    as

Show

Glory to the Flame!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Astropath Rendara:
    That heretic! He was planning to do something to her. Probably make her turn heretic as well. This cannot stand. She may be wanted by Adeptus Arbites, have taken bribes from criminals, and experienced her own share of trauma, but she was still a loyal servant of the God Emperor. She nods back and touches her forehead with her fingers to begin sending her thoughts to Commander Crone:
    Commander Crone. This is Astropath Rendara. Father Answin and I are currently waiting to ambush the traitor near the stairway in the astropath chambers. He will use his flamer to attack, and wants you to know the plan so you can get out of the way.
    She will include a black and white image of them in their position for clarity of communication, even if it is a bit hazy. Thought Sending could do more than just verbal communication after all.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

No focus power test required for Thought Sending.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Armory
    Jag-Reg powers through the melee, knocking past pirates and crewmen alike, to where Kais has just gut-shot the pirate who injured him. Jag-reg steps past him and smashes the pirate attacking Seta-Roja in the back, sending him sprawling to the ground. He doesn't stir. Seta-Roja looks nervously around, clutching a wound on her arm. All around you, the crew and the pirates are struggling. While the crew had an initial advantage thanks to the photon grenade and the fact that Jag-reg had effortlessly killed the officer leading the pirates, the stunned pirates are beginning to recover, and the weight of numbers is beginning to tell. Several more crewmen fall to pirate blades, and they begin to waver. Something will need to be done to turn the tide...

Stairwell Port C3
    As Crone heads down the stairwell, he hears Rendara's voice suddenly intrude in his mind. He then turns on the landing, and sees Father Answin crouched in an open hatchway, flamer pointed up the stairs, pilot light on. In just a moment, Harte and the others will turn and see the ambush as well, Crone has a split second to decide what to do... turn back and try and hide behind the stairway, or throw himself forward to the bottom of the stairs and hope that Father Answin lets him past before opening up with his flamer...

Rendara and Father Answin see Crone turn the corner. Right behind him, Commander Harte is there, holding a bolt pistol to Crone's back.

Port Gun-Decks
    The gunner's mate salutes, and moves to carry out her orders. She comms over to the Starboard Gun-Decks and gets a response. "Sir! Gunner's Mate Furia Hermina reporting! Starboard gun-decks are secure and ready to fire! Awaiting orders!" A moment later, Subcommander Houlder says, "Xantha. Gunnery command from the bridge has been disabled. If you can make your way to the Gunnery control station at the gun-decks and use your officer's override to activate it, maybe we can open fire on the pirate ships!" Xantha knows that there are maybe a thousand crew manning each of the four batteries. They are badly armed, but fierce defenders of their turf. While opening fire on the pirate ships would help the ship itself escape, four thousand loyal reinforcements might turn the tide against the pirates and the mutineers...

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Jag-reg looks down at Kais and Kami and sees them both bleeding. Incensed by the suffering of his charges, Jag-reg grabs the nearby corpses of both recently deceased pirates and uses them to aggressively beat the ground before flinging both of them into the melee. He then gives a mighty roar, and wades back into the struggling mass.

Show

Jag-reg is going to attempt to stay with-in Guardian range (2m) of Kais and Lieutenant Seta-Roja while approaching the closest pirate. If this strange triangle is impossible to keep then he'll just approach the nearest pirate.

Jag-reg is also going to attempt to get as many pirates to flee the area as possible (up to his Str bonus of 8).
    Intimidate Test against a 73 (63 +10 (Skill Mastery) - 10 (But it Dark in Dere!) + 10 (Father Answin's Inspiring Speech)) + 1 Degree of Success from Unnatural Strength
    (1d100)[66]