New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: [PF1e Megadungeon] An Otherworldly Mountain (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    "I am going to hit the sack now. Either one of you want to share room with me to save some pieces?"
    "Thank you, but no. I'll have a glass of wine from Querk and retire to my prayers."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Regardless of Sivi's response, Elayne follows Gashur's example of telling Querk that she will pay him in the morning and retires to the tent, to an available room to rest.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hard Place

All of you sleep easily, despite the stifling hear and stuffy air of the tent. You sleep the deep, uninterrupted slumber of those who have explored, fought, and outthought their way through a day of challenges.

The next day you all wake up in a pool of sweat from the dry heat. If anyone wants a bath, Querk will no doubt want coin for it. Upon exiting the inn section of the tent, you all find Querk alone at the bar. All traces of the hoard you sold to him have been stowed away, and there is a sizzle of some spiced meat coming from a small stone plate that rests on the bar sending up steamy heat. "Can I interest anyone in breakfast? One gold for a hot, greasy treat before you go to tempt fate again!"
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"I am going to hit the sack now. Either one of you want to share room with me to save some pieces?"
    Sivi declines with a smile. "No, I'm feeling pretty flush right now, and I want to ride that feeling for a day or three. That's as much of a rush as survival itself! Just thinking of how we made out ... wow."

Despite her wounds and the chance to relax after a day of high stress, Sivi has a hard time falling asleep that night. The dry air doesn't suit her, but more than that, she can't seem to clear her mind of the rush of all sorts of emotions from the exciting day. After an hour of restless tossing and turning, she puts her mind to rest with a slow breathing exercise, and then can finally sleep decently.

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Upon exiting the inn section of the tent, you all find Querk alone at the bar. All traces of the hoard you sold to him have been stowed away, and there is a sizzle of some spiced meat coming from a small stone plate that rests on the bar sending up steamy heat. "Can I interest anyone in breakfast? One gold for a hot, greasy treat before you go to tempt fate again!"
    Sivi looks a bit drained in the morning -- not from lack of sleep, though, just lack of moisture. She responds somewhat hoarsely, "No food, just water. I want a bath, badly. Cool water is best. Both to drink and to soak in. Whatcha got for that?"
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

5. - Top - End - #275

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    The Hard Place

All of you sleep easily, despite the stifling hear and stuffy air of the tent. You sleep the deep, uninterrupted slumber of those who have explored, fought, and outthought their way through a day of challenges.

The next day you all wake up in a pool of sweat from the dry heat. If anyone wants a bath, Querk will no doubt want coin for it. Upon exiting the inn section of the tent, you all find Querk alone at the bar. All traces of the hoard you sold to him have been stowed away, and there is a sizzle of some spiced meat coming from a small stone plate that rests on the bar sending up steamy heat. "Can I interest anyone in breakfast? One gold for a hot, greasy treat before you go to tempt fate again!"
    "It's not fried mimic, is it? I hear that really sticks to your guts!"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur sort of knows it's customary to take a bath on every occasion in the higher circles of civilized men, but does not feel a pressing need to be civilized at the moment. He thinks he'll eat a breakfast instead. "Yeah' I'll have a good chunk of meat. And double lemonade. Say, Querk, how much was it in total and how much you need paid in advance to start procuring the stuff? I want some specific amulet of mighty fists, the one that improves with rage. It would be around four grand back in town, but maybe you will take less until the thing is delivered? Oh, and two cold iron javelins. Maybe just any javelins as I want those now."

7. - Top - End - #277

AssassinGuy

Elayne shakes her head.

"I will pass. Do not want to puke breakfast when we go down. Sivi, may I bestow a good luck charm on you once we are set to descend?"

8. - Top - End - #278

DwarfClericGuy

"Sivi, may I bestow a good luck charm on you once we are set to descend?"
    While waiting to hear what the meat is, Inga observes Elayne and Sivi and tries to figure out what the charm is.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hard Place

Querk flips the mystery meat with a spatula before responding, first to Sivi. "Cold bath is a silver piece. The cost of water just went up. Glass of water is three coppers." Then he turns to Inga. "Spice pork shoulder, fresh from the can. We don't need to resort to monster meat just yet." Then he turns to Gashur, scratching his chin. "Special orders like that are tough, but doable. It's not exactly a common item that I have in stock, you see. First I need to send word back to my contacts to find one. Then they need to negotiate a price. Then they need to sprinkle it with enough diamond dust to get it through the rock. Fortunately items take less than people, but that still adds a surcharge. Then I need to make a profit off it. But if you want it I can find it or have it commissioned, don't you worry. For an item like that I'd require a two thousand gold deposit, then I'll get back to you about the difference you'll have to pay. I'm a nice business man, so I'll subtract your deposit from the final price. If I were to estimate, I'd say you're looking at around eight thousand when all is said and done, but again that will fluctuate depending on availability." That said, Querk sets a slice of meat on a plate and then pours a yellow liquid from a pitcher that you saw pour wine the night before. "A gold for the meat, two silver for the lemonade, and all of you owe me for the night's bunking. And no more tabs from here on out. Your line of work is too dangerous for me to risk credit. Everyone pays up front from here on out." He taps the bar to indicate where the coins should go.
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur pays the coins. The announced overcharge for special orders has cooled his enthusiasm quite a bit. He'll surely need to get richer before even considering placing the order. "Got it. I'll just take two javelins now. Preferably, cold iron." He sits down to eat. While he eats, he thinks of the supply chain, loot, wealth, and the like. He comes to some conclusion.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll have a plate." Alexos says, entering the bar after taking some time to do his daily spell work. "And a glass of drink as well. No point in going down there hungry, after all." He makes sure to pay his tab, listening to the logistics of shipping items as he cuts into the meat. He'll have his own purchases to make soon enough, after all.

"Excuse me, Sir Qwerk," Alexos says mid meal. "While last night's cot was fine, I was curious if any of your rooms were vacant. I don't wish to take yesterday's loot back down with me, yet I feel leaving unattended may be... unwise."
    Last edited by Eonn; 2021-06-01 at 10:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

DwarfClericGuy

"Remind me to focus on item crafting in my downtime. Sheesh." Inga whispers to Sivi.

"Just some bread and cheese, please...well maybe a little pork for extra energy."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Sivi, may I bestow a good luck charm on you once we are set to descend?"
    Sivi blushes, thinking of the form that charm is likely to take. She's not conflicted about it at all, though. "That'd be great, Elayne!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    "Remind me to focus on item crafting in my downtime. Sheesh." Inga whispers to Sivi.
    Grinning, Sivi replies, "Downtime may be as hard to come by as cheap magic items are ... but I'll remind you, anyway." She then says to Querk, "I'll take the bath. Where and how?" She plunks down a silver from her cut of the last evening's loot.

Current games list

14. - Top - End - #284

AssassinGuy

Elayne nods with a smile. She turns to Querk.

"Querk, I have not seen the card players from yesterday. Have they gone down the prison already or are they still in bed, too scare to talk to me?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-06-03 at 06:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hard Place

Querk serves up breakfast to anyone who pays, then sees to Gashur's request. He opens a locked chest behind the bar, and from it he draws two javelins with the telltale black heads of cold iron. Hauling them awkwardly back over to the bar and sets them down. "Four gold apiece." He says confidently, holding out his hand for coin. Then he sets about answering the other questions.

To Sivi, he gestures towards the back. "Last room on your left has a tub and some other supplies. Take the tub to your room, and I'll send someone to pour water for you." Next he addresses Alexos. "Pay for your room in advance and you can keep as much loot in the footlocker as you want. I'll even give you a copy of the key." Finally, he turns to Elayne. "Mutts already went down into the prison. You'll probably see them down there if you go down today. Or atleast their handiwork."
    The Bear is Back.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Gashur pays for the javelins and then pays for ten days of lodging. He takes his share of the coins and puts a nice round sum of one hundred platinum into the locker, the key for which he takes with him.

17. - Top - End - #287

AssassinGuy

Elayne pouts.

"Freaking early birds."

She drops the payment for her room on the counter.

"How fares Fworin?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hard Place

Querk sniggers when Fworin is mentioned. "He shouldn't have had that second drink. I don't think our cultural attaché will be up and about till... mid day, at the very least. He remains in his room. Welcome to the monopoly, ladies and gentlemen." He crosses his arms with a large, confident smile showing off his pointed teeth.
    The Bear is Back.

19. - Top - End - #289

DwarfClericGuy

Inga finishes her breakfast quietly, but watching the others. She wonders why Bartimeus didn't join them in the bar last night.

She keeps her coins with her, at least for today, in case Gashur gets robbed.

She's ready to explore more.

20. - Top - End - #290

AssassinGuy

Elayne shakes her head.

"That is sad to hear. I hope he is well when he wakes."

She turns to the others.

"I am not in the mood for idle chit-chat at this moment. I will be waiting outside until we are ready to depart or I figure out that I need to make some last-minute purchases."

She walks out of the inn, find a support for her back to lean on and watches the barren wasteland.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

When Gashur is done with his breakfast, there is nothing more holding him in Querk's place. Unless suggested otherwise, he'll go outside to catch up with Elayne and proceed with floor one.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Sivi wants to luxuriate in the bath but decides to keep it quick, seeing her compatriots' eagerness to move. A bare twenty minutes after she lugs the tub to her room, she's once again standing, armored, and ready for adventure.

Current games list

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Alexos hands over enough gold to pay for a room for a week, claiming a section of lodging as far from the main part of the bar as he can. Into the footlocker he stows the majority of his coin, counting each piece and recording the total in a journal that he keeps on him. This was the most money he's ever owned at one time, let alone seen in one place. He wasn't about to let a single copper disappear on him. With his valuables stowed, he rejoins the rest of the team as they prepare to descend once again into the dungeon.

"Sorry for my absence, I hope I didn't delay you all." He apologizes to the rest of the group. "I am ready to depart immediately."