Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Rubble Raider - 1R
    Creature - Human Pirate C
    The first time a land is put into a graveyard from the battlefield each turn, create a treasure token.
    2/1
    Nexusites, Dorothy, Yondalla.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Spoiler: Necroticplague
    Show
    Lotus Viper Pit
    Land M
    Lotus Viper Pit enters the battlefield tapped and exerted.
    T:C
    Whenever another nontoken land enters the battlefield under your control, create a land token named "Lotus Cobra Infestation" with "T: Add one mana of any color"

No. Just no. This is obscenely overpowered. Playing this turn 1 you miss a one drop but you get back to parity on turn 2, with mana fixing, or even ahead if you use a fetchland. This would still be broken if it could never tap for mana or even if the ability was single use. If it was single use and could never tap for mana, it's still probably stronger than recent rainbow options like rupture spire.

Spoiler: Bucky
    Show
    River
    Land {Uncommon expansion symbol for a team multiplayer focused set}
    {T}: Add {1}.
    {T}: Untap target basic land.
    The great Luxa gives life everywhere it touches.

Nice and simple but it works. Works nicely as tapping for anything your basics produce with the extra effect in team matches. Good that you excludes non basics given thing like the bouncelands and lotus vale. You could get tricky by enchanting a basic land for some extra value but I doubt it'd overpower it.

Spoiler: Quiddle
    Show

Shepard of the Rock 1RR
    [an elemental (like a flamekin) with a smoking straw hat looks affectionately at a raving ravine]
    Creature - Elemental Peasant R
    At the beginning of your upkeep you may have a land you control become a 0/0 creature in addition to its other types put 2 +1/+1 counters on it. If that land has an activated ability that grants it keywords it gains those keywords.
    R, T: Target land creature becomes a land until the end of the turn.
    3/2
    "I've raised that ravine since it was just a little stream, didn't used to have such a temper."

I think you need to change how it's written so that it works. The upkeep should specify non-creature land otherwise pumping a land by 2 each upkeep seems too good, especially when the tap is meant to give it evasion. The tap should read something like (if I'm interpreting it right) "Target land creature is not a creature until end of turn"

Spoiler: mythmonster2
    Show
    Gitrogling 1BG
    Creature- Frog (U)
    Menace
    Whenever a land you control leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Gitrogling.
    BG, Sacrifice a land, T: Draw a card.
    2/2

I don't know - you always need to be careful with land leaving the battlefield triggers because it's generally easier to trigger than you'd think with breaking the flow of a deck. Even if it triggers a couple of times, should be okay if powerful here and the last ability gives the card a use if you draw it later in the game.

Spoiler: mystic1110
    Show
    The Greatest Thespian Alive WUG
    Legendary Creature - Avatar Druid (R)
    Whenever a player plays a land card, you may pay {2}. If you do create a copy of that land under your control.
    1/4

All the worlds a stage. I guess you'd want to run this in a flash deck given you want to hold mana open for this ability as well and you get an extra turn of value out of each land. It feels like it might be very complicated to play.

Spoiler: Personification
    Show
    Field of the Dead is a fair card, right?

Deathlord of the Field 1GB
    Creature - Zombie Druid R
    Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, if you control seven or more lands with different names, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
    2/2
    He is the shepherd of a self-replenishing flock.

Feels like it should be okay given a lot of the problem with fields was how uninteractive it was and getting it straight out with Golos or scapeshift. Much easier to get rid of here.

Spoiler: ben-zayb
    Show
    Territorificer 1G
    Creature - Kor Artificer R
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay G. If you do, put a road counter on target land you control.
    Each land you control with a road counter on it has "T: Add one mana of any color that another land you control with a road counter on it can produce".
    2/2

I like the flavour of linking the lands together with the roads and the mana fixing is fine as an effect but how it reads feels a bit clunky. Might read better if it was just something like "Lands with road counters can tap for one mana of any colour your lands could produce". Not sure it needs the extra cost on the triggered ability either.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands
    Show
    Rubble Raider - 1R
    Creature - Human Pirate C
    The first time a land is put into a graveyard from the battlefield each turn, create a treasure token.
    2/1

Nice and simple. Good synergy with fetchlands and land destruction but doesn't feel like it would get out of hand.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show

Bucky
    with River
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll continue my archetype cycle. Create a noncreature spell for aggro decks.

Aggro decks try to end the game using mana-efficient recurring damage sources, usually creatures. The card doesn't need to be exclusive to aggro decks, but it should be much more useful in aggro than in other archetypes. Bonus points for fitting into a wide variety of aggro decks.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Gyroscopic Link RRR
    Sorcery-U
    Chose a creature you control. It deals 1 Damage to each opponent and each creature and plainswalker they control. Then, put a first strike counter and a +1/+1 counter on it.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; Today at 12:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Grand Stratagem 1W
    Enchantment U
    When Grand Stratagem enters the battlefield create a 1/1 white soldier token.
    Creatures you control are 2/2s.

Its an anthem for 1/1s as well as a 2/2 body!
    Last edited by Quiddle; Today at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unwavering Resolve {W/B}
    Instant C
    Target creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
    Draw a card.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Levitative Transit - 1U
    Sorcery - C
    Put a +1/+1 counter and a Flying counter on target creature you control.
    Overload 3UU (You may cast this spell for its Overload cost. If you do, replace each instance of, "target," with, "each.")
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; Today at 03:16 PM.
    Nexusites, Dorothy, Yondalla.