New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Heroic Pariah 2RW
    [An Akroan soldier, whose armor and shield are painted an horrendously gaudy shade of orange.]
    Creature- Human Soldier MR
    If damage would be dealt to you or another permanent you control not named Heroic Pariah, that damage is instead dealt to Heroic Pariah. If damage would be dealt this way to multiple permanents you control named Heroic Pariah, choose only one for the damage to be dealt to.
    Heroic- Whenever you cast a spell that targets Heroic Pariah, create a token copy of Heroic Pariah.
    "Only after you step over my dead bodies"-Dine Roufichtra, pariah of Akros
    1/1
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Vengeful Stalker 1B
    Creature - Vampire Ninja R
    Gravejitsu 2B(2B, Sacrifice an unblocked attacked you control: Put this card from the graveyard onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.)
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to an opponent target creature an opponent controls gets -X/-X until the end of the turn where X is equal to the number of creatures in your graveyard.
    2/1
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-12-06 at 10:08 AM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Thabean Tactics 2UB
    Enchantment-U
    All creatures in you hand have Ambush. Their Ambush cost is equal to their converted mana cost. (Ambush X is "Pay X, reveal this card from your hand: Target blocking or attacking creature you control becomes a copy of this card until end of turn.")

4. - Top - End - #544
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Gideon, Guardian in Death 3WW
    Legendary Planeswalker- Gideon (MR)
    If you would be dealt damage, instead remove that many loyalty counters from Gideon, Guardian in Death.
    +1: Creatures you control gain vigilance until end of turn. You gain 3 life.
    +0: Until end of turn, Gideon, Guardian in Death becomes a 4/4 white Spirit Soldier creature with indestructible and lifelink that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
    -3: Destroy target tapped creature.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-12-08 at 07:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ettin in the Playground

Blaring Distorter - 4
    Artifact Creature - Golem R
    If you would draw a card, instead each opponent discards a card. If any can't, sacrifice Blaring Distorter.
    4/4
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-12-12 at 02:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #546

ElfMonkGuy

Any news on judgment?

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Apologies, I suddenly got swamped with RL stuff and can't do the full written breakdown of each card. Pretty great ideas all around, though my main critique for many cards involve their mana value or activation cost one way or the other.

Spoiler: Runner-Up
    Show
    +5 Vorpal Bunny (Dimir Skinwalker)
    So Dimir got a new Evil Twin, except it's also a 2-for-1 combat trick? I love it.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show
    mythmonster2 (Gideon, Guardian in Death)
    I'm surprised we still haven't gotten a Gideon with this specific replacement ability, especially with Gideon's Sacrifice and Gideon's Intervention being a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

8. - Top - End - #548

ElfMonkGuy

To answer the question in the spoiler, probably doesn't help that planeswalker passive abilities were introduced in the same set the Gideon bought the farm. But thank you for the victory!

Alright, next set's going to be Cyberpunk Kamigawa. Make a card from Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty! You can use mechanics from original Kamigawa, ones that aren't from OG Kamigawa but could fit there, make up a new mechanic, or even just make a vanilla creature that fits the flavor. Have fun!

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hitohito, Reborn from Death, Cyber-Emperor 2WWGG
    Legendary Creature - Human Cyborg Noble MR

Defender, Indestructible

## and all other creatures you control have Lifelink and Hexproof.

Whenever a spell would be cast on ## or a counter would be placed onto ##, you may choose to copy this onto all creatures you control.

Whenever ## would leave the battlefield for any reason, you may return him to your hand instead.

0/5

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Kami-Bike 1W
    Tribal Artifact - Spirit Vehicle (U)
    Spirit Crew 2 (Tap any number of spirit creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
    "Even the Kami evolved with the times"
    4/3

11. - Top - End - #551
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a reimagined patron of the akki for the akki gangs in neon dynasty

Leader of the Akki 3R
    Legendary Creature - Spirit R
    ~ costs 1 less for each goblin you control.
    When ~ enters the battlefield destroy up to 3 target artifacts, add R to your mana pool for each artifact destroyed this way.
    Goblins and Spirits you control have "R: This creature gets. +1/+0 until the end of the turn."
    4/4
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Mind Jack 2U
    Sorcery R
    As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a spirit you control.
    Gain control of target creature.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

13. - Top - End - #553

ElfMonkGuy

I'll give 24 hours for more submissions, and then start judgment.

Edit: submissions are closed.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-12-25 at 01:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554

ElfMonkGuy

Spoiler: Vorpal Bunny- Hitohito, Reborn from Death
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by +5 Vorpal Bunny View Post
    Hitohito, Reborn from Death, Cyber-Emperor 2WWGG
    Legendary Creature - Human Cyborg Noble MR

Defender, Indestructible

## and all other creatures you control have Lifelink and Hexproof.

Whenever a spell would be cast on ## or a counter would be placed onto ##, you may choose to copy this onto all creatures you control.

Whenever ## would leave the battlefield for any reason, you may return him to your hand instead.

0/5
    Okay, well, the templating here probably needs some work, but the idea is clear enough. This is basically a super-defensive card, which is an interesting idea. However, this card seems a bit win-more. It's really bad on an empty board, being a 0/5 indestructible for 6. The copying ability is very strong, as we've seen with Zada and other similar cards, but again, it's mostly only really strong if you already have a big board, in which case you're likely already ahead.

Spoiler: mystic1110- Kami-Bike
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Kami-Bike 1W
    Tribal Artifact - Spirit Vehicle (U)
    Spirit Crew 2 (Tap any number of spirit creatures you control with total power 2 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
    "Even the Kami evolved with the times"
    4/3
    Love the idea of Kamis merging with the new tech. However, Spirit crew just seems way too restrictive (though I can imagine that you might have things like Rat Crew, Moonfolk Crew, etc). I can understand the idea as letting you make powerful vehicles with lesser crew costs. However, I think it'd encourage building on-rails a bit too much, where you have decks that are all Spirits and so basically get to ignore the restriction while still getting all the benefits.

Spoiler: Quiddle- Leader of the Akki
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Leader of the Akki 3R
    Legendary Creature - Spirit R
    ~ costs 1 less for each goblin you control.
    When ~ enters the battlefield destroy up to 3 target artifacts, add R to your mana pool for each artifact destroyed this way.
    Goblins and Spirits you control have "R: This creature gets. +1/+0 until the end of the turn."
    4/4
    This is a cool card! Blowing up artifacts seems like a fitting place for goblins in cyberpunk. Giving firebreathing to Goblins is also quite a powerful ability. I think this might be a bit pushed, mainly due to the cost reduction effect; it wouldn't be hard to even gain mana on this. I'd either remove that or up the cost by 3 or 4.

Spoiler: Tom the Mime- Mind Jack
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Mind Jack 2U
    Sorcery R
    As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a spirit you control.
    Gain control of target creature.
    Three mana is very cheap for a control spell, even with the sacrifice clause. I think I'd be more okay with this if it was an aura or some other non-permanent control, or bumping it up to four or five mana.

Unfortunately, not all that many submissions this time. Still, there must be a victor, and that is...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quiddle, with Leader of the Akki! Congrats!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-12-28 at 02:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks Mythmonster! this next week give me something that is connected to new years!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Retrospecs 7
    Legendary Artifact - Equipment R
    Whenever equipped creature attacks or blocks, scry 12 if you cast two or more spells from your hand last turn. Then, you may have equipped creature lose all abilities and become an Avatar with base power and toughness 20/20 until end of turn if you cast four or more spells from your hand last turn.
    Equip 4
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Physical Resolution 2UW
    Instant (R)
    Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control, create a token that’s a copy of that creature.
    "I'll be twice the man I was last year!"

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Drink a Cup of Kindness Yet - 2G
    Instant - U
    Return target card from your graveyard to your hand, then exile all cards in graveyards.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Annum Sphere 1U
    Legendary Artifact- MR
    Annum Sphere enters the battlefield with 10 time counters on it.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from Annum Sphere. Then, if there are no time counters on it, exile Annum Sphere and take an extra turn after this one.
    3UU: After the upkeep step of your next turn, there is an additional upkeep step.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Retrospecs
    I like the avatar ability on this expensive artifact but scrying 12 will really slow down the game. Maybe have it look at top 12 and put one in hand instead?

Physical Resolution
    A flicker clone! This is a cool instant and pretty strong. My only reservation is the name feels a little bit awkward to me. The flavor text is super fun though :)

Drink a Cup of Kindness Yet
    Nice, I think this is a good take on green uncommon card recursion. I appreciate that it has a psudo-downside that can also be an upside.

Annum Sphere
    This is fun - a time walk that you need to jump through hoops for! Giving you a way to get extra upkeeps is also a cool synergy piece for deck built around it. Nice job.

Spoiler: winner
    Show
    I liked a bunch of the card that you all came up with but if I had to choose one it would be ...... Misothene
    with Annum Sphere!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks to Quiddle for the win and to the other entrants!

For the next challenge, make a Saga from a world that hasn't had them yet. For the purposes of this definition, that means any existing Magic plane that hasn't had a saga printed in a set that takes place there, or a Universes Beyond-style IP crossover. If your card would benefit from an explanation of what story you're telling or what IP you're referencing, please include that explanation.

By my memory, the planes that have had sagas so far (and are thus ineligible) are:
    -Dominaria
    -Theros
    -Kaldheim

22. - Top - End - #562

ElfMonkGuy

Fall of the Abzan 4WG
    Enchantment- Saga (R)
    I: Create a 4/4 white and green Dragon creature token with flying and trample.
    II: Tap all creatures your opponents control. Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
    III: Exile all graveyards. You gain 1 life for each card exiled this way.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

The Fisherman and the Efreet U
    Enchantment- Saga (R)
    (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
    I - Return an Island you control to your hand. If you do, create a Treasure Token.
    II - Until end of turn, if you would sacrifice a Treasure Token an opponent of your choice creates a 2/2 red efreet creature token with flying.
    III - Exile target efreet an opponent controls. If you do, you may put a card you own from outside the game into your hand.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2022-01-11 at 11:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Theft of the Golden Ruler - 1UB
    Enchantment - Saga MR
    I: Search target graveyard or library for an artifact card and put it in your command zone. You can cast it from there. If an opponent owns it, it costs 2 less to cast.
    II: Search target graveyard or library for a creature card and put it in your command zone. It becomes your commander. If an opponent owns it, it costs 1WUBRGC less to cast.
    III: Exile Theft of the Golden Ruler, then put it onto the battlefield under an opponent's control.
    ~Agents of S.N.E.A.K. Watermark~
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-01-16 at 12:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Return of the God-Pharaoh UUBBBRR
    Enchantment- Saga MR
    I-Creatures and planeswalkers lose indestructible until end of turn. ~ deals 7 damage to all creatures and all non-Bolas planeswalkers.
    II-Put up to 4 creatures from graveyards onto the battlefield under your control. They are black zombies in addition to their other colors and types.
    III-Draw six cards and put one card you own from outside the game into your hand. You have no maximum hand size for the rest of the game.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Succession to Lordaeron 3WB
    Enchantment - Saga R
    I: Each creature you control gets +2/+4 and gains lifelink and vigilance until your next turn.
    II: Sacrifice any number of non-Snow lands. For each land sacrificed this way, search your library for a Snow land card, put it on the battlefield, then shuffle.
    III: Sacrifice all creatures. For each creature sacrificed this way, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token with deathtouch and menace.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2022-01-16 at 05:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nahiri's Revenge 1RW
    Enchantment - Saga
    I Look at the top 3 cards of your library. You may reveal a colorless card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    II Add RR to your manapool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells.
    III Exile target planeswalker or legendary creature an opponent controls. Your opponent may search their library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. Then they shuffle their library.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm skipping this round because I can't top what I designed for first saga round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The Foolish Akki Brothers 3RR
    Enchantment - Saga U
    I - Create two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens with Haste.
    II - Create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with Flying.
    III - Target Dragon you control deals 2 damage to each creature without Flying.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks to everyone for their entries! It's been a little over a week, so let the judgment commence!

Spoiler: mythmonster2's Fall of the Abzan
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Fall of the Abzan 4WG
    Enchantment- Saga (R)
    I: Create a 4/4 white and green Dragon creature token with flying and trample.
    II: Tap all creatures your opponents control. Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
    III: Exile all graveyards. You gain 1 life for each card exiled this way.
    I like how the card captures the story, particularly the ban on "necromancy" that Dromoka instituted. It does set up a potential huge blowout turn on II, which would end a lot of at least limited games, even when you're somewhat behind on the board given that you'd have the team buff and all of your lands untapped to set up a lethal attack. In constructed or commander, it does cost 6 and telegraph the upcoming turn, so I imagine there are a lot more fail-cases in those formats, which makes the massive life-gain more relevant. I feel like forcing opponents to block rather than effectively prohibiting them from doing so might have given more inherent synergy to the effects, and made II less of a "win-instantly-or-do-little" step.

Spoiler: mystic1110's The Fisherman and the Efreet
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The Fisherman and the Efreet U
    Enchantment- Saga (R)
    (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
    I - Return an Island you control to your hand. If you do, create a Treasure Token.
    II - Until end of turn, if you would sacrifice a Treasure Token an opponent of your choice creates a 2/2 red efreet creature token with flying.
    III - Exile target efreet an opponent controls. If you do, you may put a card you own from outside the game into your hand.
    There are a couple minor templating issues here, but the story is cool and the card is very high-risk, high-reward. Of course, there are ways to circumvent the costs- not having islands, creating other treasure- but you almost always have to let your opponent have that Efreet for a turn, which risks it getting sacrificed or, if your opponent is determined, they could spend a removal spell on it. I think in the end it's easy enough for your opponent to disrupt that it's not that powerful, but it is a great way to troll people with changelings.

Spoiler: Dr.G4H's Theft of the Golden Ruler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Theft of the Golden Ruler - 1UB
    Enchantment - Saga MR
    I: Search target graveyard or library for an artifact card and put it in your command zone. You can cast it from there. If an opponent owns it, it costs 2 less to cast.
    II: Search target graveyard or library for a creature card and put it in your command zone. It becomes your commander. If an opponent owns it, it costs 1WUBRGC less to cast.
    III: Exile Theft of the Golden Ruler, then put it onto the battlefield under an opponent's control.
    ~Agents of S.N.E.A.K. Watermark~
    I couldn't tell you off the top of my head why- but I'm fairly confident this is overpowered, given that you can just go off and make ANY creature your commander and thus repeatedly castable. That concern aside, this certainly tells a story and would probably be some whacky fun when used "fairly." I'd probably suggest just allowing you to use mana as though it were mana of any type if you're stealing from your opponent, since the cost-reduction could still leave you unable to cast things with multiple color pips (though that restriction may have been your intent).

Spoiler: Laughing Dog's Return of the God-Pharaoh
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Return of the God-Pharaoh UUBBBRR
    Enchantment- Saga MR
    I-Creatures and planeswalkers lose indestructible until end of turn. ~ deals 7 damage to all creatures and all non-Bolas planeswalkers.
    II-Put up to 4 creatures from graveyards onto the battlefield under your control. They are black zombies in addition to their other colors and types.
    III-Draw six cards and put one card you own from outside the game into your hand. You have no maximum hand size for the rest of the game.
    I realize this is a 7-mana spell that can be disrupted, but holy bolas is this powerful. It wipes the board, quad-reanimates, AND does something somehow better than draw-7! The most natural comparison is Cruel Ultimatum, which admittedly did all of its things all at once but importantly didn't have nearly as much impact on the board. It captures the story very well, but I think it might, even with the 7 specific color pips, be undercosted.

Spoiler: ben-zayb's Succession to Lordaeron
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    The Succession to Lordaeron 3WB
    Enchantment - Saga R
    I: Each creature you control gets +2/+4 and gains lifelink and vigilance until your next turn.
    II: Sacrifice any number of non-Snow lands. For each land sacrificed this way, search your library for a Snow land card, put it on the battlefield, then shuffle.
    III: Sacrifice all creatures. For each creature sacrificed this way, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token with deathtouch and menace.
    Stage I probably ends a lot of limited games by itself, so it would be a very annoying thing to exist in a limited format. Stage II seems like it's out of color pie- I could be missing something but I don't think there's precedent for white or black to just go searching for lands that aren't plains or swamps. Stage III confuses me a bit, since you can only sacrifice permanents you control. If the intent was "each player sacrifices all creatures they control," then you're getting the zombies in exchange for EVERYONE's creatures, which probably needs to push this card up to mythic and possibly up in mana cost. If it only hits your stuff, then it's not always an upgrade, which makes rare appropriate.

Spoiler: Quiddle's Nahiri's Revenge
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Nahiri's Revenge 1RW
    Enchantment - Saga
    I Look at the top 3 cards of your library. You may reveal a colorless card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    II Add RR to your manapool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells.
    III Exile target planeswalker or legendary creature an opponent controls. Your opponent may search their library for a basic land card and put it into play tapped. Then they shuffle their library.
    Good storytelling here. I understand the story reason you'd want to include Eldrazi, but I think it's a color-pie break for red or white to go looking for a "colorless" card vs an artifact specifically, given that it can find lands. My suggestion might have been to look at 5 or 7 cards and add "nonland." Also missing a rarity, probably rare?

Spoiler: Winner
    Show

It's close- I liked everyone's entries- but I'll give it to mystic1110. Runners-up would be Dr.Gunsforhands and mythmonster2.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, cool! Thanks!

Next Challenge: make a card that mentions two or more colors in its rules text.