New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Effortless Gift 2W
    Instant U
    Destroy target nonland, nontoken permanent. Its controller creates a number of Treasure tokens equal to its mana value.
    ...but now you can replace it with anything you want!
    Last edited by Personification; 2021-08-31 at 06:31 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

King of Shovels - 2
    Artifact - R
    T: Mill the top 5 cards of your library.
    B, T, exile 5 cards from your graveyard: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
    G, T, exile 5 cards from your graveyard: Return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Jace of Diamonds 1UR
    Legendary Planeswalker- Jace MR
    +1: Draw a card, then discard a card. If a nonland card was discarded this way, create a Treasure token.
    -2: Create a Treasure token, then Jace deals damage to any target equal to the number of Treasures you control.
    -5: Create 6 Treasure tokens. You get an emblem with "Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure, this emblem deals 1 damage to any target."
    Loyalty 3
    Last edited by Misothene; 2021-08-28 at 09:28 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424

ElfMonkGuy

Paira Deuces 1G
    Creature- Orc Rogue(C)
    When Paira Deuces enters the battlefield, you may pay 1G. If you do, create a 2/2 green Orc Rogue creature token.
    Some mobsters in Capenna get by on their strength, skill, or smarts. Others just make do with numbers.
    2/2

Edit: Thanks for the catch, Quiddle.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-09-01 at 01:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm giving 24 hours for everyone to submit/finalize their entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Judgement is up!

Spoiler: Pinball Wizard
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Pinball Wizard 2U
    Creature - Human Wizard R
    When Pinball Wizard enters the battlefield search your library for an artifact card with mana value of 1, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. If such artifact was a non-creature artifact you may exchange control of target non-creature artifact you control and target non-creature artifact an opponent controls. Then that opponent may return an artifact they control to its owner's hand, if they do they may exile Pinball Wizard and return it to the battlefield under their control.
    You got to be able to keep as many balls in play as you can
    1/1
    The most seemingly relevant things I found searching for "pinball" and "pinball wizard" were cards featuring horror IPs and a song by The Who, so apologies if I completely missed the mechanics you're going for here. The ability seems too complex for what's basically a cog tutor that becomes repeatable if your opponent also wants to tutor and get one of your artifacts or the one you stole from them. A 2/2 body like Trinket Mage may also work better as it further incentivizes the opponent to steal the creature and potentially repeat the process.
    Spoiler: Draw Two
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Draw Two 2UU
    Sorcery M
    The next time an opponent would take a turn, they instead skip that turn and draw two cards. Exile Draw Two.
    Spot on with the mechanics. It's much less potent than an extra turn in multiplayer formats, but I still think the MV is a bit low even with the card disadvantage.
    Spoiler: Invite /to/ Party
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Inspired by invitation cards

Invite 1G
    Sorcery R
    Look at the top four cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    ///
    Party 4RR
    Sorcery
    Aftermath
    Put a creature card from your hand into play, it gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    Invitation card wasn't what I had in mind, but I like this. The sides of Invited to Party works in synergy as expected of aftermath cards, and the costs look fine. There's a bit of overlap in design space with Reason /to/ Believe, but that's fine.
    Spoiler: Effortless Gift
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Effortless Gift 2W
    Instant U
    Destroy target nonland, nontoken permanent. Its controller creates a number of Treasure tokens equal to its mana value.
    ...but now you can replace it with anything you want!
    Ha, a gift card! As with Excavation Technique, I'm still unsure giving Treasure tokens is enough of a drawback for cheap nonland permanent removal. Then again, that somewhat captures the essence of gift cards.
    Spoiler: King of Shovels
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    King of Shovels - 2
    Artifact - R
    T: Mill the top 5 cards of your library.
    B, T, exile 5 cards from your graveyard: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
    G, T, exile 5 cards from your graveyard: Return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
    Great showcase of multiple "digging" mechanics. I'm a little confused why it's neither a creature nor an equipment.
    Spoiler: Jace of Diamonds
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Jace of Diamonds 1UR
    Legendary Planeswalker- Jace MR
    +1: Draw a card, then discard a card. If a nonland card was discarded this way, create a Treasure token.
    -2: Create a Treasure token, then Jace deals damage to any target equal to the number of Treasures you control.
    -5: Create 6 Treasure tokens. You get an emblem with "Whenever you sacrifice a Treasure, this emblem deals 1 damage to any target."
    Loyalty 3
    A major challenge Jace of Diamonds has is it's trying to be Jace to get that sweet Ace of Diamonds wordplay. This could really be mono-red with very minimal tweaks if not for Jace being blue. The abilities look fairly costed and Jace had his pirate stint so the Treasure theme isn't completely out of the blue. That said, these isn't the last two abilities are same-y but also go against each other a bit.
    Spoiler: Paira Deuces
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Paira Deuces 1G
    Creature- Orc Rogue(C)
    When Paira Deuces enters the battlefield, you may pay 1G. If you do, create a 2/2 green Orc Rogue creature token.
    Some mobsters in Capenna get by on their strength, skill, or smarts. Others just make do with numbers.
    2/2

Edit: Thanks for the catch, Quiddle.
    It's a pretty straight-forward, solid common. Not much to be said, except I'm surprised this isn't a card already.

Spoiler: Awards
    Show
    Runner Up: Bucky with Draw Two

Winner: Quiddle with Invite /to/ Party
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks ben-zayb!

For the next challenge I would like a card that would fit in a universe beyond secret lair product.

Note this card will be black boarded though not standard legal. Feel free to design the whole secret lair drop if you would like but I'll only be judging one card.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-09-07 at 12:57 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

8. - Top - End - #428

ElfMonkGuy

Zagreus, Rebellious Prince 1WR
    Legendary Creature- Demigod (R)
    Haste
    Zagreus, Rebellious Prince gets +1/+1 for each other legendary creature you control.
    Escape- 1WR, exile three other cards from your graveyard.
    Zagreus, Rebellious Prince escapes with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card exiled to pay its escape cost.
    3/1

Spoiler: Thoughts on design
    Show
    Zagreus, from Hades. Caring about other legendary creatures you control represents the various boons you get from the gods and your allies, escaping from the underworld is literally what you do in the game, and the buff on escaping represents gaining more power as you progress through the underworld. Still working on the exact numbers of the card, but he should be fragile, since dying a lot is part of the game and he can get buff through other means.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-09-10 at 12:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

The Snap 1RB
    Sorcery R
    Each player sacrifices half their creatures rounded up at random. Then do the same for planeswalkers.
    perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
    -Thanos, the Mad Titan
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-09-08 at 10:24 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

10. - Top - End - #430

From Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere

Kaladin of Bridge Four 1WW
    [Thalia, Elgaud Protégé]
    Spoiler: Art
    Show

Legendary Creature - Human Peasant Soldier M
    Vigilance, First Strike.
    Field Medicine - T: Another target Soldier, Knight, or Scout control gains indestructible until end of turn.
    (Melds with Sylphrena, the Ancient Daughter [Traft, Cathar's Guide])
    "Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination."
    3/2
    Art: Randy Vargas

Sylphrena, the Ancient Daughter WU
    [Traft, Cathar's Guide]
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor R
    Flying, Ward 1.
    When ~ deals combat damage to a player draw a card, then discard a card.
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you both own and control ~ and a creature named Kaladin of Bridge Four [Thalia, Elgaud Protégé], exile them, then meld them into Kaladin Stormblessed, Knight Radiant [Thalia, Host of Saint Traft].
    1/2

Kaladin Stormblessed, Knight Radiant
    [Thalia, Host of Saint Traft]
    Spoiler: Art
    Show

(W/U) Legendary Creature - Human Knight Noble M
    Ward 4.
    Flying, Vigilance, Frist strike.
    When ~ deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
    Strength of Squires - Other Soldiers, Knights, and Scouts you control have Flying, First strike, and Ward 1.
    "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves."
    4/4
    Art: Zack Stella
    Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    I knew I wanted to do a Cosmere thing, and I knew that, if possible, I wanted to do a Godzilla treatment for it. I actually had an entire planeswalker card for Vasher/Dakkon mapped out, but I scrapped it as too fiddly. After that I started thinking about Kaladin, and I realized meld fit perfectly for the Nahel Bond. The mechanical connection with Thalia.Traft only occurred to me most of the way through the design, though it is possible that the return to Innistrad influenced it subconsciously. Because the card is UB (no, not the Dimir one), I felt like it made sense to have flavor words, which they indicated will mostly be a tool for out-of-universe cards, which I hope clears up most of the ability decisions without me needing to clear it up.
    As a note on the art, Brandon Sanderson commissions a lot of art for his books and peripherals, and because the world of notable fantasy artists can only be so big (and Magic is a hungry monster) many have done Magic art too, so I decided that if I could find a piece that fit the card and was by a Magic artist I would use it. Unfortunately, none of the Syl art I found was by a Magic artist.
    Last edited by Personification; 2021-09-09 at 12:20 PM.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Byleth Eisner 1WW
    Legendary Creature- Human Warrior MR
    Byleth enters the battlefield with 5 charge counters on them.
    Vigilance
    Whenever Byleth attacks, you may choose one:
    Wrath Strike- Remove a charge counter from Byleth. If you do, they get +2/+0 until end of turn.
    Windsweep- Remove a charge counter from Byleth. If you do, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to them this turn.
    Sublime Heaven- Remove two charge counters from Byleth. If you do, the next time blockers are declared this turn, destroy target blocking creature.
    3/3

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Gum-Gum Fruit 1
    Legendary Artifact - Food R
    2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life. You may choose a creature you control that isn't enchanted. If you do, exile ~, then return it to the battlefield transformed and enchanting that creature.
    //
    Curse of the Rubberman
    Legendary Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant creature
    4: Until end of turn, enchanted creature gets +3/+3, gains reach if you paid GG, and may block any number of creatures if you paid WW.
    UUUU: Tap enchanted creature. Any player may activate this ability.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2021-09-10 at 07:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Tachyon, Quantum Sprinter UURR
    Legendary Planeswalker-Tachyon

+2: Surveil 1.
    +0: Deal one point of damage to any target. You may return any amount of arcane cards to the bottom of your library. Copy this ability for each card returned in this way.You may choose new targets for the copies.
    -5: Reveal the bottom two cards your library. You may play both of them without without paying their costs if they share a type or subtype.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2021-09-13 at 07:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

The Oldest House
    Legendary Land - R
    T: Add C to your mana pool
    Enters the battlefield tapped.
    As long as the Oldest House is untapped, whenever a player casts a spell instead they exile the spell.
    Players may cast spells that they own that are exiled by The Oldest House as though they were in their hand and may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.
    Players may cast spells that they own that are exiled by The Oldest House without paying their mana cost, if they do each of their opponents creates X 1/1 black horror tokens where X is that spells converted mana cost.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Tachyon, Quantum Sprinter UURR
    Planeswalker-Tachyon

+2: Surveil 1.
    +0: Deal one point of damage to any target. You may return any amount of arcane cards to the bottom of your library. Copy this ability for each card returned in this way.You may choose new targets for the copies.
    -5: Reveal the bottom two cards your library. You may play both of them without without paying their costs if they share a type or subtype.
    Is this intended to not be legendary?

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

The Shawshank Redemption - 1BW
    Enchantment - Saga R
    I: Exile target creature card in a graveyard or in exile.
    II: Destroy up to one target artifact or enchantment.
    III: Return a creature card exiled with The Shawshank Redemption to the battlefield under your control.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: mythmonster2
    Show

I like zag and I think the cares about legends is on theme but I am not a huge fan of caring about exiling creatures. Escape is a very flavorful mechanic here.

Spoiler: DeTess
    Show

Solid sorcery, this is best played as a 2 for one but you don't get to choose what you hit which makes is very safe. I think the idea of Snaping mtg characters to be pretty funny. "Mr Jace I don't feel so good."

Spoiler: Personification
    Show

Clever use of meld, I think you did a good job of making a card where the flavor connects really well with characters existing in magic!

Spoiler: Misothene
    Show

At first I wasn't sure about the charge counters but I think it actually does a really good job of connecting to a fire emblem feel in magic! 5 Feels like a little too many counters but I think the abilities see well costed and fair. I happy to see that the destroy ability - while powerful - put the decision to block and be destroyed to your opponent.

Spoiler: ben-zayb
    Show

I like a lot of what you are doing but I think that the card is a little on the weaker side due to the color requirements in the ability. I think the water weakness you built in is awesome though!

Spoiler: Necroticplague
    Show

Tachyon is interesting but at four colored mana I think it could be a little stronger. Arcane cards are cool but a kind of dated card type I think caring about instants and sorceries would help this a little.

Spoiler: mystic1110
    Show

I'm not sure what house this is supposed to be referencing. The fact that this either makes cards have it be paid for twice or makes you horrors is very strong when you consider that you can tap it allowing you to cast your spells without giving your opponent horrors. I think this does a bit too much for a land.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands
    Show

Neat, a slow animation spell with some artifact/enchantment hate built in. I'll be honest I haven't seen this movie so its a little hard for me to give you a fair evaluation sorry.

Spoiler: And the winner is
    Show

Misothene, I thought you provided an interesting card that captured flavor in a fitting way bridging two different games!
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks Quiddle, and to everyone else that entered!

For this week, make a card that can be played face-down or interacts with face-down cards.

Examples include, but are not limited to, creatures with morph, spells that manifest, Jester's Scepter and Ixidron.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Enslave the Lightning 2R
    Instant U
    Substantiate the top card of your library, then that card deals 2 damage to you and 2 damage to target creature.
    (To substantiate a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. You may exile it any time for its mana cost if it’s an instant or sorcery card. Until end of turn, if that card was exiled this way you may cast it without paying its mana cost.)
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2021-09-14 at 08:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

Dubious Riddle - XG
    Sorcery - R
    Search your library for a creature card with mana value X or less, put it onto the battlefield face-down, then shuffle. Each opponent guesses a number. Then, turn that creature face-up. Each opponent that correctly guessed its mana value creates a token that's a copy of that creature.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-09-17 at 04:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Raven Guild Trickster UB
    Creature - Human Wizard U
    3BB, Sacrifice a face-down creature: Create 3 1/1 black and blue Bird creature tokens.
    3UU: Destroy target face-down creature. If you do, its controller creates a 1/1 white Rabbit creature token.
    2/2

22. - Top - End - #442

ElfMonkGuy

Question for the judge: Would Foretell be okay for this challenge?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Question for the judge: Would Foretell be okay for this challenge?
    Sure! Anything that involves face-downedness of the card itself or something it interacts with is fine.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Bane of Secrets BW
    Human Cleric
    During your upkeep, shuffle one face-down creature or face-down card in exile into it's owner's deck.
    "That which will not show itself has no right to exist."
    1/1
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2021-09-14 at 10:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cloak 1U
    Instant U
    Turn target creature you control facedown it becomes a 2/2 morph creature with no abilities then it gains hexproof until the end of the turn. Turn it face up anytime by paying its mana cost.
    //
    Dagger 1R
    Instant
    Dagger deals 2 damage to any target.
    Fuse
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446

ElfMonkGuy

Priest of Fortune 1RR
    Creature- Human Shaman (U)
    R, T: Choose one:
    • Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
    • Exile the top two cards of your library face down.

T, sacrifice Priest of Fortune: Reveal all cards exiled faced down by Priest of Dice. You may play those cards this turn.
    2/3
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-09-18 at 01:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447

Strength of Anonymity WBG
    Enchantment R
    The first facedown permanent you play each turn costs 1 less.
    Facedown creatures you control enter the battlefield with your choice of a vigilance counter, a lifelink counter, or a +1/+1 counter.
    In an uncertain world there is no greater boon than the benefit of the doubt.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Smack RRGG
    Enchantment - Aura R

Target enchanted creature gains +4/+0 and First Strike.
    RG - Enchanted creature fights another creature you don't control.

2RRGG - Turn over Smack.
    ///
    Down
    When this card is turned, choose one; at the end of your this turn, sacrifice enchanted creature.
    * All creatures target player controls with Flying takes damage equal to this creature's power.
    * Until end of turn, double enchanted creature's power; until end of combat this turn, it has Double Strike, Trample and Indestructible.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by +5 Vorpal Bunny View Post
    Smack RRGG
    Enchantment - Aura R

2RRGG - Turn over Smack.
    ///
    Down
    When this card is turned, choose one; at the end of your this turn, sacrifice enchanted creature.
    * All creatures target player controls with Flying takes damage equal to this creature's power.
    * Until end of turn, double enchanted creature's power; until end of combat this turn, it has Double Strike, Trample and Indestructible.
    The challenge asked for something that can be played "face down" or interacts with face-down cards. That's different from a double-faced card, which is a "face-up" card no matter what side it's played on or whether it transforms, since you can see what text is on it. A "face-down" card on the battlefield is (usually) a 2/2 creature with no abilities, as with Morph and manifested cards.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: DG4H's Dubious Riddle
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Dubious Riddle - XG
    Sorcery - R
    Search your library for a creature card with mana value X or less, put it onto the battlefield face-down, then shuffle. Each opponent guesses a number. Then, turn that creature face-up. Each opponent that correctly guessed its mana value creates a token that's a copy of that creature.
    This is an interesting way to get around negative entering-the-battlefield things- I anticipate Phyrexian Dreadnought would be a popular target. You could also troll people by generally playing it "fairly" with X = 7, and every so often get Phage the Untouchable so everyone that said 7 loses.

Spoiler: mystic1110's Enslave the Lightning
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Enslave the Lightning 2R
    Instant U
    Substantiate the top card of your library, then that card deals 2 damage to you and 2 damage to target creature.
    (To substantiate a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. You may exile it any time for its mana cost if it’s an instant or sorcery card. Until end of turn, if that card was exiled this way you may cast it without paying its mana cost.)
    I don't know if the rules could handle it (since it would be changing zones in addition to flipping face up using an action that doesn't use the stack) but this seems like a good twist on manifest. The card's kind of a limited powerhouse- I imagine any format with this mechanic would have a lot of face down 2/2s to snipe with it.

Spoiler: ben-zayb's Raven Guild Trickster
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Raven Guild Trickster UB
    Creature - Human Wizard U
    3BB, Sacrifice a face-down creature: Create 3 1/1 black and blue Bird creature tokens.
    3UU: Destroy target face-down creature. If you do, its controller creates a 1/1 white Rabbit creature token.
    2/2
    It's an IRL magician in a world where actual magic is real. The concept there is pretty neat. The Birds should probably have flying, unless this magic show features penguins or ostriches. This is weird/repeatable enough that it should probably be rare.

Spoiler: Necroticplague's Bane of Secrets
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Bane of Secrets BW
    Human Cleric
    During your upkeep, shuffle one face-down creature or face-down card in exile into it's owner's deck.
    "That which will not show itself has no right to exist."
    1/1
    Missing a rarity, I'd guess rare? The ability should probably target, though from a purely functional standpoint it doesn't have to. This is a pretty potent hoser, especially in limited when morphs, etc. are a central component of the format, so it could probably stand to be a bit more expensive and be a bigger body.

Spoiler: Quiddle's Cloak and Dagger
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Cloak 1U
    Instant U
    Turn target creature you control facedown it becomes a 2/2 morph creature with no abilities then it gains hexproof until the end of the turn. Turn it face up anytime by paying its mana cost.
    //
    Dagger 1R
    Instant
    Dagger deals 2 damage to any target.
    Fuse
    Cloak is kinda cool as a standalone effect, since it also reenables "when this creature is turned face up" abilities. As a fuse card, this is functional, but it doesn't have the synergy the rest of the fuse cards do unless your aim is to kill your own creature.

Spoiler: mythmonster2's Priest of Fortune
    Show
    Priest of Fortune 1RR
    Creature- Human Shaman (U)
    R, T: Choose one:
    • Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
    • Exile the top two cards of your library face down.

T, sacrifice Priest of Fortune: Reveal all cards exiled faced down by Priest of Dice. You may play those cards this turn.
    2/3
    As an uncommon, it might be a bit strong of a reliable card advantage engine with the first mode. The second mode on ability 1 takes a while to build up enough extra value to be worth it, and introduces a much larger risk that the creature gets killed before it gives you anything.

Spoiler: Personification's Strength of Anonymity
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Strength of Anonymity WBG
    Enchantment R
    The first facedown permanent you play each turn costs 1 less.
    Facedown creatures you control enter the battlefield with your choice of a vigilance counter, a lifelink counter, or a +1/+1 counter.
    In an uncertain world there is no greater boon than the benefit of the doubt.
    The cost reduction is pretty weak- compare to Obscuring Aether and Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer. The buff to facedown creatures is pretty nice, but arguably weaker than the card advantage offered by cheaper, fewer-colored enchantments from Tarkir block.

Spoiler: +5 vorpal bunny's Smack///Down
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by +5 Vorpal Bunny View Post
    Smack RRGG
    Enchantment - Aura R

2RRGG - Turn over Smack.
    ///
    Down
    There are numerous templating errors (e.g. it's just "enchanted creature" not "target enchanted creature;" it's "transform" not "turn over," etc.). This also doesn't do anything with "face down" cards as I explained in a separate post, so unfortunately it's just not eligible for this challenge.

Spoiler: Winner
    Show

I'll choose mystic1110 with Enslave the Lightning. Runners up include Dr.Gunsforhands for the fascinating minigame involved in that submission, and ben-zayb for an amusing translation of concept.