New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Why is it that the cards I enter more or less on a lark are the ones that win these things?

Anyways, the next weeks challenge is... (hold on while I throw a dart at a list check my notes):
    Magical Girls or a card that uses the Flip Mechanic.
    Bonus points for both!
    Side note: I suck at darts.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Boon of Mystic Fate 2WR
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Child creature
    When ~ enters the battlefield, exile an instant or sorcery card from your hand.
    Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, it gets +3/+3 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
    If enchanted creature would deal combat damage equal to or greater than the mana value of the exiled card, you may instead create a copy of that card and cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Bass Guitarist - 1R
    A goblin girl is strumming a fish. Looks like she's having fun.
    Creature - Goblin R
    Prowess
    Whenever you spend mana, roll 1d6. On 3-5, put a Gacha counter on Bass Guitarist; on a 6, put 2 Gacha counters on it. Then if it has 5 or more Gacha counters on it, flip it.
    1/3
    //
    Hagumi, 5-star Bassist
    With an instrument made of fish bones and strung with solid lightning, this creature is a striking presence on an already-gaudy stage. Are you allowed to print a card that's foil on just one end like this?
    Legendary Creature - Goblin
    Prowess
    1R, Remove a Gacha counter from Hagumi, 5-star Bassist: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
    5/5
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-10-17 at 02:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearth Tender 1R
    Creature - Kithkin U
    1R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, flip Hearth Tender
    1/3
    //
    Firebrand Bearer
    Creature - Kithkin Elemental
    When Firebrand Bearer attacks or blocks, you may have Firebrand Bearer deal 2 damage to another target creature.
    At the beginning of the end step, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, flip Firebrand Bearer.
    2/3
    Last edited by Bucky; 2021-10-16 at 04:38 PM. Reason: shadowmoor fluff
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adora, Horde Defect 1W
    Legendary Creature-Human Soldier R
    First Strike
    2WW:Adora, Horde Defect gains indestructible until the end of the turn. Transform her.
    2/1

She-Ra, Princess of Power
    Legendary Creature-Human Soldier
    Double Strike
    She-Ra, Princess of Power gets +1/+1 for each color of creature you control other than white.
    2/2

Spoiler
    Show
    Glimmer is UW, Bow is RW, Etrapta is UR, Mermista is U, Catra is B, and Scorpia is RB, you get it
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-10-13 at 05:47 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Small pool of contestants this time. In any case, closed for judging.

EDIT: Judgement is here!

Spoiler: Please don't hand out Intelligent Devices to random children.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Boon of Mystic Fate 2WR
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Child creature
    When ~ enters the battlefield, exile an instant or sorcery card from your hand.
    Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, it gets +3/+3 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
    If enchanted creature would deal combat damage equal to or greater than the mana value of the exiled card, you may instead create a copy of that card and cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
    It's a magical girl's (or boy's) Fate! Presumably the set this is printed in would feature the child creature type, so I'm not too worried about the enchant child bit. This seems to be begging for a board wipe to be exiled with this; which begs the question: 'What happens when you cast a board wipe or fog effect and there are other creatures that would deal damage at the same time as the Child?

Spoiler: Fishy Gacha Rolls / Guitar Heroine
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Bass Guitarist - 1R
    A goblin girl is strumming a fish. Looks like she's having fun.
    Creature - Goblin R
    Prowess
    Whenever you spend mana, roll 1d6. On 3-5, put a Gacha counter on Bass Guitarist; on a 6, put 2 Gacha counters on it. Then if it has 5 or more Gacha counters on it, flip it.
    1/3
    //
    Hagumi, 5-star Bassist
    With an instrument made of fish bones and strung with solid lightning, this creature is a striking presence on an already-gaudy stage. Are you allowed to print a card that's foil on just one end like this?
    Legendary Creature - Goblin
    Prowess
    1R, Remove a Gacha counter from Hagumi, 5-star Bassist: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
    5/5
    First, let me say I am appreciative of the puns. This is both a magical girl, and a flip card. The Prowess encourages the casting of spells, which helps fuel the Gacha mechanic. Flipping over to Hagumi keeps Prowess, and allows the Gacha counters to be converted into something useful.

Spoiler: Burning Heart(h)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Hearth Tender 1R
    Creature - Kithkin U
    1R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, flip Hearth Tender
    1/3
    //
    Firebrand Bearer
    Creature - Kithkin Elemental
    When Firebrand Bearer attacks or blocks, you may have Firebrand Bearer deal 2 damage to another target creature.
    At the beginning of the end step, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, flip Firebrand Bearer.
    2/3
    It's a Flip card. It might be a magical girl, but it isn't made clear. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work as you intend it to. With a flip card, it has two states, unflipped and flipped. When it is first played i enters the battlefield unflipped, thatis with the normal topside up top. When it becomes flipped the normal topside is now the bottom. Flipping a flip card while it is already flipped does nothing. To do what you are trying to do you would have to put in something like 'If you lose the flip, exile Firebrand Bearer and return it to the battlefield [unflipped] under {your control/its owner's control}' You technically wouldn't need to specify unflipped, but that would make things clearer, and who you return it to would change how good a target for various theft shenanigans.

Spoiler: Western Magical Girl
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Adora, Horde Defect 1W
    Legendary Creature-Human Soldier R
    First Strike
    2WW:Adora, Horde Defect gains indestructible until the end of the turn. Transform her.
    2/1

She-Ra, Princess of Power
    Legendary Creature-Human Soldier
    Double Strike
    She-Ra, Princess of Power gets +1/+1 for each color of creature you control other than white.
    2/2

Spoiler
    Show
    Glimmer is UW, Bow is RW, Etrapta is UR, Mermista is U, Catra is B, and Scorpia is RB, you get it
    She-Ra is definitely a magical girl! I presume that She-Ra, Princess of Power has a white color indicator. The indestructible would carry over the turn when Adora transforms. As a 2/1 first-striker, Adora isn't all that bad. Transforming her into She-Ra upgrades her toughness and gives her Double-Strike. The second ability allows She-Ra to go up to a 6/6 (more with uncards).

Spoiler: The Results
    Show

Consolation Prize:Bucky's Hearth Tender/Firebrand Bearer
    Third Place:ben-zayb's Boon of Mystic Fate
    Second Place:Quiddle's Adora, Horde Defect/She-Ra Princess of Power
    First Place:Dr.Gunsforhands' Bass Guitarist/Hagumi, 5-Star Bassist
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2021-10-18 at 10:08 PM.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

The power of surprise mechanics shines within you.

TThis week , the Desgin-O-Tron 3Three Tousand (tm)TM need >>please input a *REQUIRED a few GOOD CARDS and FLAVOR BASELINES to [[Initiated.]].. PLease OBEY==== submie=t 1(one(1)) card to for the [- C] featuring the [[proper noun]] of NEW [[Primary Antagonist]]/. [Primary Antagonist] will NOT be featured in furrrrr][ must be original and will be introduced for the sake of [[target]] SETNAME..

The Design-O-Tron is really struggling this week. It doesn't even know where to start! Let's help by feeding it a new antagonist to build the set's theme around.

Make a Common card whose name or flavor text features the name of a newly-introduced, "set villain," who will likely not be seen again in future sets.

I will not turn down a brief explanation of the villain's deal if you think it will help, but part of the point of the common is to help establish the villain's deal for players who only see the game's world through card packs.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ambitious Junior R
    Creature - Human Samurai C
    Ranked 0 (Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you may put a rank counter on it or a higher-ranked creature you control.)
    ~ has haste as long as you control a higher-ranked creature.
    "In competitive, fast-paced environments, the rank-and-file can be too eager to impress." -Yamazaki Tora, Executive Vice President, Yamazaki Conglomerates
    2/1

Spoiler: Ranked mechanics
    Show
    Ranked X (This creature enters the battlefield with X rank counters on it. Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you may put a rank counter on it or a higher-ranked creature you control.)

The first ability is explicitly excluded for rank 0.

Basically, the mechanics represent hierarchy in (yakuza) organizations for a future Kamigawa set, where a lower-ranked creature can improve their or their superior's ranks. Abilities of Samurai in the set will be based on controlling creatures of lower or higher rank.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2021-10-20 at 07:52 AM.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

Strings of the Master 2UU
    Instant C
    Tap or untap target creature, that creature must attack and block this turn if able.
    Draw a card.
    "Haven't you learned your choices don't matter?"-The Laughing Puppet
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Reclaimer's Taskmaster 2W
    Creature- Human Soldier (C)
    When Reclaimer's Taskmaster enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls.
    "This city's inhabitants have been corrupted by the demons. We shall purify them through hard work." Seraphor, angelic reclaimer.
    3/2

Idea: New Capenna is said to have been founded by angels. Perhaps the angels were totalitarian rulers, so much that the inhabitants of the cities turned to the demon gangs to expel the angels and free them. Now the angels, under Seraphor, have come to reclaim the city.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-10-26 at 10:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491

Bulwark of Fear 2W
    [Art: An annoyed angel is talking to a smug-looking demon in a tailored suit. Behind them, is a row of houses with closed doors and shuttered windows, through which frightened eyes are peeking. ]
    Instant C
    Until end of turn, you and Planeswalkers you control gain hexproof and cannot be attacked.

Of course I will comply with your investigation, officer, but I must protest my innocence. In fact, I doubt there is a soul in this city who would testify against a pillar of the community such as myself.
    -Luxenthrazz, the Pristine Hand

Spoiler: Luxenthrazz
    Show

New Capenna has been confirmed to be a three-color set,and each faction is ruled by a demon. This means that, if they are doing shards as most assume, there will be a Bant demon. Luxenthrazz is my take on that idea. He provides protection, community, and opportunity for those who ally themselves with him for a... reasonable cost, and you'll never here a word said against him by any of them. After all, who would speak against such an upstanding citizen? There's nothing more evil-W than a good old culture of fear.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Nature's Anguished Weeping 1G
    Enchantment — Aura C
    Enchant land
    When ~ enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
    Enchanted land is a Swamp.
    "I've warned them about the dangers of their negligence. Whether they die by their own slow suicide or my armies, it is still perhaps too late." - Sin Cak, Final Prophet of Dying Gaia
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2021-10-24 at 08:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Black Eagle Fighter 2B
    Creature- Human Warrior C
    Menace
    Whenever Black Eagle Fighter attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    When each player controls six or more lands, transform Black Eagle Fighter.
    1/4
    The Imperial princess of Adrestia led the Black Eagle House to be incredibly skilled in melee combat, in particular setting a fearsome example with her favored axes.
    /////////////////////////
    Adrestian Warrior
    (Black color indicator)
    Menace
    Whenever Adrestian Warrior attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
    2/5
    In Emperor Edelgard's war against the Church of Seiros, Imperial warriors were particularly infamous for their brutality and tenacity in battle.

This card is based on a hypothetical Universes Beyond set featuring Fire Emblem Three Houses, posing Edelgard in the villain role. The transform condition would represent the timeskip in the game, and presumably be on many creatures across all rarities.
    Last edited by Misothene; 2021-10-25 at 11:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Exceed Expectations R
    Instant-C
    A creature you control gains +1/+0 and first strike until end of turn.
    "Violence without artistry accomplishes nothing but filling graveyards and scrapyards"-Armorgdyla, Third Precept of Violence.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, let's check out our new [[Rogues Gallery]]!

Spoiler: Yamazaki Conglomerates
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Ambitious Junior R
    Creature - Human Samurai C
    Ranked 0 (Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you may put a rank counter on it or a higher-ranked creature you control.)
    ~ has haste as long as you control a higher-ranked creature.
    "In competitive, fast-paced environments, the rank-and-file can be too eager to impress." -Yamazaki Tora, Executive Vice President, Yamazaki Conglomerates
    2/1

Spoiler: Ranked mechanics
    Show
    Ranked X (This creature enters the battlefield with X rank counters on it. Whenever this creature deals combat damage, you may put a rank counter on it or a higher-ranked creature you control.)

The first ability is explicitly excluded for rank 0.

Basically, the mechanics represent hierarchy in (yakuza) organizations for a future Kamigawa set, where a lower-ranked creature can improve their or their superior's ranks. Abilities of Samurai in the set will be based on controlling creatures of lower or higher rank.
    You certainly nailed the goal of the [[Competition]]! It suggests a unique mechanical direction reflecting an antagonist that cares about a tiered hierarchy of [[minions]] jockeying for position. Funnily enough, the card is probably better in constructed as a 2/1 for 1, since in [draft] it dies too easily, haste or no.

Spoiler: The Laughing Puppet
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Strings of the Master 2UU
    Instant C
    Tap or untap target creature, that creature must attack and block this turn if able.
    Draw a card.
    "Haven't you learned your choices don't matter?"-The Laughing Puppet
    A [[Store brand]] [[0-LOVE spell]] that gives blue a [[off-color]] provoke ability? That's not very [[Big Shot]] of you, Quiddle!

Spoiler: Seraphor, Angelic Reclaimer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Reclaimer's Taskmaster 2W
    Creature- Human Soldier (C)
    When Reclaimer's Taskmaster enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls.
    "This city's inhabitants have been corrupted by the demons. We shall purify them through hard work." Seraphor, angelic reclaimer.
    3/2

Idea: New Capenna is said to have been founded by angels. Perhaps the angels were totalitarian rulers, so much that the inhabitants of the cities turned to the demon gangs to expel the angels and free them. Now the angels, under Seraphor, have come to reclaim the city.
    [[But what if the Angels were the bad guys?]] I feel like we've been there before, but I can't articulate where in Magic that was, so maybe I'm thinking of video games. At any rate, the card's mechanics are very [[Store-brand]], but then it probably makes sense for an angel to pursue a [[Store-brand]] mono-white play style.

Spoiler: Luxenthrazz, the Pristine Hand
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Bulwark of Fear 2W
    [Art: An annoyed angel is talking to a smug-looking demon in a tailored suit. Behind them, is a row of houses with closed doors and shuttered windows, through which frightened eyes are peeking. ]
    Instant C
    Until end of turn, you and Planeswalkers you control gain hexproof and cannot be attacked.

Of course I will comply with your investigation, officer, but I must protest my innocence. In fact, I doubt there is a soul in this city who would testify against a pillar of the community such as myself.
    -Luxenthrazz, the Pristine Hand

Spoiler: Luxenthrazz
    Show

New Capenna has been confirmed to be a three-color set,and each faction is ruled by a demon. This means that, if they are doing shards as most assume, there will be a Bant demon. Luxenthrazz is my take on that idea. He provides protection, community, and opportunity for those who ally themselves with him for a... reasonable cost, and you'll never here a word said against him by any of them. After all, who would speak against such an upstanding citizen? There's nothing more evil-W than a good old culture of fear.
    This card is hilarious and goes far to suggest the villain's untouchable status, but it's so [[gloomy]] to have at [- C]. In limited, it's liable to extend games in a way that neither player is really happy with. The idea could work as a rare, but it's so close to being a white Time Walk that even then it's pretty [[spoopy]].

Spoiler: Sin Cak, Final Prophet of Dying Gaia
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Nature's Anguished Weeping 1G
    Enchantment — Aura C
    Enchant land
    When ~ enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
    Enchanted land is a Swamp.
    "I've warned them about the dangers of their negligence. Whether they die by their own slow suicide or my armies, it is still perhaps too late." - Sin Cak, Final Prophet of Dying Gaia
    The card is creepy and weird in a way that instantly has me paying attention to see what this Cak character is up to, so that's [[a job well done!]]. I'm not 100% on whether green really gets to [[murder]] manabases like this, but it did used to have land destruction, [[Witherbloom]] still does sometimes I think, and simplifying nonbasics is certainly in-character for green.

Spoiler: Edelgard, Crimson Flower
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Misothene View Post
    Black Eagle Fighter 2B
    Menace
    Whenever Black Eagle Fighter attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    When each player controls six or more lands, transform Black Eagle Fighter.
    1/4
    The Imperial princess of Adrestia led the Black Eagle House to be incredibly skilled in melee combat, in particular setting a fearsome example with her favored axes.
    /////////////////////////
    Adrestian Warrior
    (Black color indicator)
    Menace
    Whenever Adrestian Warrior attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
    2/5
    In Emperor Edelgard's war against the Church of Seiros, Imperial warriors were particularly infamous for their brutality and tenacity in battle.

This card is based on a hypothetical Universes Beyond set featuring Fire Emblem Three Houses, posing Edelgard in the villain role. The transform condition would represent the timeskip in the game, and presumably be on many creatures across all rarities.
    The [[Side B]] mechanic is a great idea for the set, but it doesn't really set Edelgard's cards apart from those of the other [[House Leaders]]. The flavor reference to their tenacity does some good [[lifting]], though.

Spoiler: Armorgdyla, Third Precept of Violence
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Exceed Expectations R
    Instant-C
    A creature you control gains +1/+0 and first strike until end of turn.
    "Violence without artistry accomplishes nothing but filling graveyards and scrapyards"-Armorgdyla, Third Precept of Violence.
    Why is this card so [[plebian]]? I can tell you made it this way on purpose, I'm no stranger to making boring cards for the sake of a theme. I guess you were just... excited to make a [[Combat trick]] that doesn't have to pick a target until it resolves? And you didn't want to complicate matters further since it was still a [[- C]]?

Okay, yeah, the computer gag is completely played out now.
    Spoiler: That's why...
    Show
    A new reprint of Naturalize shows mystic1110's villain, Sin Cak, slowly shambling away from the ruins of the Design-o-tron 3000, that it might never plague us with it stupid glitchy text again.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-10-29 at 02:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496

Fogs, which Bulwark of Fear essentially is, appear at common all the time, and I don't think 1 round of player hexproof is worth an uprarirty.

Also, the set you were thinking of with evil Angel's was SOI.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

17. - Top - End - #497

Mystic1110, are you going to give us a prompt?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for the reminder - didn't realize that I won!

The next challenge is to make a card with Cleave Cleave mechanic FYI

19. - Top - End - #499

Cut Ties 2R
    Sorcery R
    Cleave UURR
    Gain control of target creature[ until end of turn]. Untap it, it gains haste until end of turn.
    "Your past is as dust, for you have been reborn in the glorious light of the Dragon God!
    -Prestis, Evangel of Bolas
    Last edited by Personification; 2021-11-08 at 01:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vindictive Dragon 2R
    Creature - Dragon U
    Cleave RRR
    [Flying]
    If Vindictive Dragon was cast for its Cleave cost when it enters the battlefield it deals 2 damage to any target.
    2/2
    If you cut a dragons wings you best be ready to finish the job. Hunters Handbook
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2021-11-03 at 12:25 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Jevil's Prison - 4WW
    Enchantment - R
    When Jevil's Prison enters the battlefield, exile [all creatures and planeswalkers other than] target creature or planeswalker until Jevil's Prison leaves the battlefield.
    Cleave 2W
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2021-11-03 at 04:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

ElfMonkGuy

Unharnessed Lightning R
    Sorcery (U)
    Cleave 1R
    Unharnessed Lightning deals 3 damage to any target[ and 2 damage to any target of an opponent's choice].
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2021-11-04 at 12:44 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Deeproot Tree Invasion 2UG
    Instant R
    Cleave RWG
    Choose one—
    • Each [un]blocked creature you control explores and gains [hexproof and] indestructible until your next turn.
    • ~ deals 2 damage to each [non-Merfolk] creature [with flying].
    • Target nonbasic land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature. [Put four +1/+1 counters on it.]

Basically, Sun Empire is now bent on conquering all of Ixalan and this represents one of the assaults against the River Heralds.
    Spoiler: old entry
    Show
    Whispers of Eldritch Past WUB
    Enchantment - Aura Curse R
    Cleave WWWUUUBBB
    Enchant player
    At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, they investigate and exile [the top card of] their library.

Replacing it because I'm not a fan of possible memory issues in permanents.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2021-11-08 at 12:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Spellcrack BU
    Instant C
    Cleave 1UU
    Counter target spell [with mana value 2 or less. Its controller loses 2 life].
    Last edited by Bucky; 2021-11-06 at 12:47 AM. Reason: costing
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ghost in the Playground

Kobold

Gravespinning BG
    Sorcery- U
    Cleave 3BG
    Create a 0/0 Elemental creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each [creature] card in your graveyard."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Not really a fan of Cleave as a mechanic after reading it. Of the 10 cards that have it, 9 of them feel as if they would read cleaner if it was written as a kicker cost (even if the text takes up a bit more space). Lantern flare is the only one that feels like it actually needs it because workarounds for it would be all sorts of cludgy. That said

[R]Ash Blast 1R
    Sorcery U
    Cleave XR
    [Discard a card]
    Deal X damage to target creature. [X is the mana value of the discarded card]

It's silly and would probably make it an un card but I wanted the name to be cleaved as well and needing a card to be discarded would seem to make an Ash Blast rather rash. Option two was a [B]old warrior but adding abilities learnt with age while taking away a letter from the name seemed messier.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Inhuman-Wave Tactics 1B
    Enchantment U
    Cleave 2BB
    At the beginning of your turn, return one [zombie] creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2021-11-06 at 09:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Obliteration Contract (B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)
    Sorcery- MR
    Cleave BBB
    [This spell can't be countered.]
    [Gain control of all permanents you own. Then,] Destroy all creatures [and non-creature permanents you don't control.]
    "As long as you pay me enough, I'll get rid of any problems you have."-Roht, mercenary destruction mage.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2021-11-06 at 03:33 PM.

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    Obliteration Contract (B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)(B/P)
    Sorcery- MR
    Cleave BBB
    [This spell can't be countered.]
    [Gain control of all permanents you own. Then,] Destroy all creatures [and non-creature permanents you don't control.]
    "As long as you pay me enough, I'll get rid of any problems you have."-Roht, mercenary destruction mage.
    This feels probably too good at both extremes. A board wipe for 3 keeps it very relevant for aggro and midrange but the uncounterable would probably make control decks unplayable. Against most control decks, dropping this T3 or 4 for an uncounterable 1 sided land wipe wins, no matter how much life you had to pay. In decks without B but some lifegain, it'd still be tempting to run this as a sideboard card against control.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Will try to get judging done tonight/tomorrow