New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Arcane Gunslinger Warlock

I see there is a Invocation I think that allows me to have my pact weapon be a Firearm.
    Would this allow me to fire my Edlritch blast from said weapon? Or deal extra damage? What is the benefit to this other than having a range weapon I can use .

And what would be a good 5th level build for this?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Arcane Gunslinger Warlock

The main benefit in my opinion is that it allows your weapon to count as your focus so you don't have to worry about having enough hands to fight and shoot and cast spells.
    I am the flush of excitement. The blush on the cheek. I am the Rouge!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Arcane Gunslinger Warlock

If you're talking about Improved Pact Weapon, it doesn't change the casting requirements for eldritch blast nor enhance the spell. As a stylistic point, discuss with your DM about having your weapon be part of your Eldritch blast.

The big benefit for a Pact Gun falls to another Invocation: Eldritch Smite. Burn a spell slot, do extra damage with your pact weapon (including ranged attacks), and make them fall prone, no save. That last bit is okay against ranged targets, but quite nice when dealing with fliers. Unless they have hover, they fall out of the sky.
    Why yes, Warlock is my solution for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Active Abilities are great because you - the player - are demonstrating your Dwarvenness or Elfishness. You're not passively a dwarf, you're actively dwarfing your way through obstacles.