New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Eldritch Archer + Cleric (Gestalt) w/Broad Study Question

Eldritch Archer is a Magus Archetype. They have Ranged Spell Combat

With Broad Study, it lets me use my Cleric class spells with it too, right?

So would I be able to do a Full Attack and then fire off ANY 9th Level (or lower) spell? In the same Round? (If my level were high enough)

So I could Full Attack (w/Arrows) and then Holy Smite?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Archer + Cleric (Gestalt) w/Broad Study Question

That is correct.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: You may cast a spell before OR after your longbow attacks as part of the full round action that is Spell Combat.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Thanks for the answers you guys! I don't know what it is, but I always feel like I'm cheating when I do this.
    lol But that's probably more because of the Gestalt than the actual class features.

I think I'm gonna try a viable build without Gestalt next chance I get. Probably won't be that good but it could be fun if you're creative enough. Cleric's have some crafty spells. Spiritual Ally comes to mind!

EDIT:
    I'm thinking (for a single class build):
    Cleric (4)
    Eldritch Archer (6)
    Mystic Theurge (10)
    Last edited by BlueWitch; 2020-12-04 at 12:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Note that your proposed build has only 7th level spells at level 20, needs both wisdom and intelligence for spellcasting, and has a much weaker chassis due to the PrC. And at many of those intermediate levels you will have no synergy at all between two multiclassed spellcasting classes.

What specifically are you trying to do? because there's likely a more efficient path.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    Note that your proposed build has only 7th level spells at level 20, needs both wisdom and intelligence for spellcasting, and has a much weaker chassis due to the PrC. And at many of those intermediate levels you will have no synergy at all between two multiclassed spellcasting classes.

What specifically are you trying to do? because there's likely a more efficient path.
    It's really just to cast strong Cleric spells with the Eldritch Archer path. I wouldn't play this Single-Class build unless we were starting pretty high level.

In Gestalt its pretty cool, but for single class it's pretty weak. Cleric's do have access to certain spells Wizards do not though. Like Healing for starters.

I don't have any real reason to go it other than being able to Full Attack, then Cast a Spell. But Eldritch Archer can already do that on it's own.