New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords 2E IC

1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Its a green skin slaughter in the woods! Lysander and Jon rip apart the remaining two goblins before surrounding Grogmurt the druid, claws a strike wounding the goblin grievously, seconds later electricity arcs between the cat and its mount to a savage "meow" and a squeal of pain, made worse as Jannis walks forward, his blessed aura washing over Lysander and the burly bear and his arrow then hits the goblin as well! With his goblins so brutally killed and the wounds on his own frail little goblin body the druid slides to the ground, curling into a ball and licking Lysander's steel clad boots

"No kill Gogmurt, no kill. Gogmurt show out maze...."

That was very fast and brutal. 66% of his hitpoints smacked away by the flurry of painful attacks and all the goblins slaughtered
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Jon growls, paw ready to strike, but waits for his companions to answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    can't talk in animal form and don't want to cancel it quite yet

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lysander - HP: 41/47 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander is quite taken aback by the sudden change in Gogmurt's behaviour, grimacing in disgust and pity for the hapless goblin. Even though there's still bloodlust in his eyes, he's certainly not a mindless berserker so he refrains from ending the life of the greenskin as soon as he surrenders; instead the sellsword lowers the sword, the bloodied steel inches away from the exposed neck of the goblin "One wrong move and I'm going to wear your skull as a hat."

The mercenary, eyes still on the goblin, speaks to his companions in a skeptic tone "Don't quite believe the vermin. Bet he's going to lure us in a trap." then shrugs "Just leave the vermin to me. I'm going to make him sing the sweetest song in no time, he's going to tell us everything he knows about Thistletop, everything about Nualia." now Lysander grins, a wicked smile that doesn't spell anything good for Gogmurt.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show
    Lysander tries to intimidate Gogmurt so that he would share what he knows about Thistletop\Nualia. Since he has the Quick Coercion feat, he needs just one round of talking to do that.

(1d20+8)[9]

Edit: natural 1. Dammit.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-10-01 at 10:52 AM.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Shalendra had been looking around, keeping an eye on the goblin, but mostly looking around the lair to see if there was something that could help them, or some clues to what was going on. And she also looked into the hole those other goblins had been thrown in.

Perception: (1d20+8)[18]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Jon also keeps his nose open to any unexpected scents.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Madam Mushka continues to stay with the group right now, going to assist the next person trying to interrogate the goblin with a bad cop.. good cop.. routine.

"Look, we want to spare you, we really do. However if you can't give us the information we seek, we'll have to use our magical bear of divination. And you don't want that. I don't want that. " She pauses looking to Jon "There bear might. But its messy and the screaming. Ah the screaming. Takes about uh.. Three days. Yeah three says of nonstop screaming. The bear doing its thing to divine the information out of people. " She shakes her head.

Spoiler
    Show

Madam Mushka is going for an aid another check using performance (Acting)

I'll have to Roll in OOC when I know what my numbers are again.

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis approaches slowly, the memory of Human screams still ringing hauntingly from a few days prior. His bow remains trained on the surrendering Goblin, alongside Lysander's blade. He stands alongside his companions silently, eyes scanning the nearby thistles for signs of foul play.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So much craziness on my end. Sorry for the horribly slow pace of late. Make sure to ask the Goblin about traps up ahead. XD

(1d20+11)[24] perception

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

The goblin capers and snarls on the ground as he curls in a foetal ball on the muddy grotto floor. "No kill Gogmurt... no kill..." Even as he whimpers the firecat, still smoking from the electricity burns upon it hisses and snarls until it lies flat at a whisper and a kick from the goblin.

A few feet away Shalendra approaches the hole and peers down, the tang of salt and spray wetting her face as she realises the hole drops into a sea cave carved from the cliffs underneath. As she goes to look back she catches out of the corner of her a movement of something, something big in the choppy foam topped waters beneath. What it was she couldn't see clearly but it was large with fins and a muscular sleek shape.

THe goblin looks abjectly up at Madam Mushka and the others. "No kill more goblins. Goblins no want long shanks. It Ripnugest and angry lady with red hair and torn up belly. Harpy lady make Ripnugget crazy and he make attack longshanks." The goblins shakes his head squeaking. "Nasty lady and other longshanks disturb gods under the stone. Gogmurt warn others and chief kick Gogmurt to thorns bushes..." he shakes his head sadly again, baring sharp and pointed little teeth. "Bear eat Ripnugget, longshanks kill mean Lady.... goblins no attack beach clan.."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What nasty lady," Shalendra asked, having not seen anybody but goblins... and the rest of the team, "and what rocks?"

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #430

---------------

"I do believe the vermin is talking about Nualia. We talked about her at the Dragon, remember? Some lass with a drop of celestial blood in her, seems the good folk" and when Lysander says 'good', there's more than a hint of sarcasm in his voice "of Sandpoint did something so dreadful to her she went barking mad. Now she wants to burn the whole Sandpoint down as a sacrifice."

"Mayor wants her dead, so good to know she's here." the sellsword prods Gogmurt a bit with the flat of the sword "What kind of defenses you have in the Top? How many goblins? Traps? There are other entrances apart the main one?"

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis listens carefully as the druid rapidly explains the situation. "That makes sense. It's never been a good idea for the Goblins to get that much attention from us. For them, I mean." He waits long enough for the critter to answer Lysander's next question before adding one of his own.

"Can you get more of the Goblins out? It seems we have a common enemy, more than anything else."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

The druid snaps and snarls at Shalendra, Lysander and Jannis. "Gogmurt not welcome across rope bridge. Ripnugget bad chief, say Gogmurt bring bad mojo and stupid tribe believe." Shaking his head he gestures toward the North where you can hear the sea getting loudr. "Gogmurt show where bridge across sea is to reach giant head. No other way unless you fly..." he points at the whole and laughs, "Ekbog not fly, Ekbog fall to sea god try break the curse, ah-ha-ha-ha-ha" it laughs as you realise that Ekbog must have been the unfortunate goblin you saw being sacrificed.

The goblin druid has been cast out from the island it would appear. "Gogmrt not know where stones lead. Ripnugget and goblins lair on top level. Nasty lady, stinky Brazmus and other longshanks on down low levels." He shudders, "Gogmurt not go to low levels, demon whispers on low levels."

The goblin slowly climbs to his feet and gestures at you to follow as he winds his way through the thorny maze and after a couple of twists you seen an exit from thorn maze and ramshackle rope bridge across the clashing seas below the cliffs to the top of the small rocky outcropping where an old looking stone keep stands, a solid wall surrounding with a pair of watchtowers flanking the double doors to gain entrance. Atop the watchtower you can see two goblins in each tower, in both cases they don't seem to be paying attention, the left hand tower the goblins have tied some string to a sea gull and are throwing rocks at it as its flaps around in a panic and in the right hand one the goblins seem to be fighting over a chunk of meat or a bone of some kind

13. - Top - End - #433

---------------

"Well, guess we're going to have a stroll over the lovely bridge. And since the goblins doesn't seem to pay much attention, it might not be suicide." Lysander snorts, contempt for the unprofessionalism of the goblins on guard duty quite apparent in his voice. He slaps without much strength the comically huge head of Gogmurt, more to get his attention than to really hurt him "You say Nualia has more people with her. How many? Are they warriors? Does she have some mage with her? Talk, or you're going to meet Ekbog soon enough." the sellsword doesn't hide how much he despises the goblin and certainly doesn't seem to have any problem in mistreating (or even kill, if needed) an unarmed prisoner.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-10-17 at 04:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I can cover you guys from here," Shalendra said, looking at the goblins, "with my bow or my magic. And then cross behind you when you distract them."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Jon returns to human form. "Do we have a few minutes to rest? I would prefer to be able to both transform and heal in an emergency."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Figure a good chunk of his minute have passed, needs 10 to refocus.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

"It would be advisable to rest for the moment. Can't take on the foes without.. the bear of Truth telling." Madam Mushka says
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"We best make sure we're well hidden if we're going to wait," Shalendra said, "and hope the guards are still squabbling when we want to cross."

She understood the need to regain spells and such, but she wasn't sure if waiting was the best idea. She wasn't going to go against the group.

18. - Top - End - #438

---------------

Lysander still keeps prodding Gogmurt with his boot, trying to get answers out of the goblin. When the others start talking about resting though, he turns and scratches his stubbly beard with a dubious expression "Look, I certainly won't drag you if you want to rest here a bit. Doesn't feel that prudent, though. Now the guards are distracted, but who knows with these vermins? Five minutes from now they could very well be quite alert." but then he shrugs and sighs "Just make it quick. Having to cross that bridge is already making me consider the idea of just go back and move out of Sandpoint and whatever happens, happens."
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-10-20 at 05:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

"If we feel it best to pres on, I can."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis follows near the back, where he can see both Gogmurt and his allies. He prows surprisingly quietly through the brambles as the druid leads them. The sight of the rope bridge immediately prompts a frown, though it's quickly replaced by a not-altogether-pleasant grin at the antics of the "watchmen."

"Let's go now and deal with those idiots first. Then we take a breather from where they're supposed to be on watch. I can't imagine any other Goblins will come to relieve them until they're ordered to."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Shalendra looked at the distant towers and estimated the distance between where they were and the towers so she knew how to arc her shots to hit the goblins in the towers, should that need arise.

"Let's bind and gag this one," she said about Gogmurt, "you dash across and I'll cover you and then I'll come after. At that point you're close enough to cover me should I be seen."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Gogmurt curls up in a ball and explains that there is 4 long shanks and the bugbear and then the party can race across the bridge. The wind whips around Lysander as he leads the way, the bridge swaying wildly as he steps heavily and the ropes creak and shudder giving him an excellent view of the frothy surf and rocks 80ft below.

Lysander reaches the grassy mound followed by Jon and Madam Murshka just as the sea gull dies and the two goblins atop the tower look over the edge and see the party! There is a sudden shriek from them and the two in the tower nearest the double doors look up from their argument and see the heroes advancing and are shocked!

OOC
    Lysander, Jon and Mushka are across the bridge, the other two hanging back
    There are 2 goblins in each tower on the 1st floor walls and the double doors are 20ft from the bridge (80ft from the tree line)

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"To arms!" Jannis calls. Having been watching, he quickly looses several arrows at the Goblins.

Spoiler: Jannis, round 1
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 2, HP 26/26, Speed 25
    AC 16, Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 10, Perc 10
    Composite shortbow +6 (1d6+2 Piercing) deadly d10 (Emblazon Armament)
    Spell attacks +8 (damage and type varies)
    Sickle +6 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +6 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips: Divine Lance, Forbidding Ward, Guidance, Read Aura, Shield
    Soothing Words (1/1 focus)
    Bless 1/2
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 3/3 (d10)

Shoot three arrows:
    (1d20+6)[15] attack
    (1d6+2)[6] damage (+(1d10)[6] deadly)

(1d20+1)[12] attack
    (1d6+2)[6] damage (+(1d10)[4] deadly)

(1d20-4)[0] attack
    (1d6+2)[5] damage (+(1d10)[3] deadly)

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Shalendra doesn't waste time and starts firing as well, taking first the goblin that shouted out and then the other at that tower, switching to the other tower if needed.

Spoiler: OOC Shalendra round 1
    Show

I've already calculated the -2 for being in the second range increment.
    action 1: attack (1d20+7)[24] for damage (1d6)[4] (Deadly (1d10)[7] if crit)
    action 2: attack (1d20+2)[7] for damage (1d6)[1] (Deadly (1d10)[5] if crit)
    action 3: attack (1d20-3)[7] for damage (1d6)[1] (Deadly (1d10)[5] if crit)

25. - Top - End - #445

---------------

Lysander runs, quite keen to avoid being fired upon on the perilous bridge. When he's again on solid ground he doesn't waste time, though - he keeps running towards the rightmost tower while rummaging through the backpack, a grappling hook what he wanted; he swing the hook a couple of times before throwing it at the ledge of the tower and then starts climbing it, pressing the assault on the goblin stronghold and maybe finding an easy way in. Usually more vocal during fights, he now avoids being loud and boisterous in the not-so-secret hope the goblins would shoot to whoever makes themselves the most visible target.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Action 1 - Stride towards the rightmost tower
    Action 2 - Retrieve the Climbing Kit from the backpack
    Action 3 - Climb (1d20+9)[27]

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Jon moves closer and hurls a bolt of lightning at the goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Stride
    2 & 3: electric arc (should hit both) (1d4+3)[4] Basic Ref DC 18
    Last edited by stack; 2021-10-25 at 11:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

The sudden appearance of the heroes startles the goblins! The two who had been tormenting the sea gull lean over the battlements shouting and point at Lysander and then prmoptly both fall backwards, arrow jutting from their jug eared green heads as Jannis and Shalandra lower their bows. By the other tower there is a soft clink as the grappling hook catches on the edges and then Lysander looms over the battlements and a sizzling soun greets him as both goblins squeal in pain as the electricity arcs between them. From the tower Lysander can see that gate leads into an internal courtyard with a low stable/shed on the far side and a two doors leading into the main structure...

he is then distracted by the pair of goblins still screaming in pain chopping and slicing at him as he scales the wall!

OOC

goblins attack Lysander (both draw a weapon, then attack twice)

Goblin 1 (1d20+7)[20] dam (1d6+1)[3] (1d20+3)[11] dam (1d6+1)[3]
    Goblin 2 (1d20+7)[10] dam (1d6+1)[4] (1d20+3)[4] dam (1d6+1)[5]

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

With little to shoot, Jannis carefully loops his bow over a shoulder and takes his first step onto the precarious bridge. Doing his best to hurry, he nonetheless is mindful of the unsteady footing. Preferring to not fall to his death over something so menial, he takes his time crossing safely.

Spoiler: Jannis, round 2
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 2, HP 26/26, Speed 25
    AC 16, Fort 5, Ref 6, Will 10, Perc 10
    Composite shortbow +6 (1d6+2 Piercing) deadly d10 (Emblazon Armament)
    Spell attacks +8 (damage and type varies)
    Sickle +6 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +6 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips: Divine Lance, Forbidding Ward, Guidance, Read Aura, Shield
    Soothing Words (1/1 focus)
    Bless 1/2
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 3/3 (d10)

I figure it'll be at least 2 stride actions to clear the bridge. Hopefully not more?

29. - Top - End - #449

Lysander - HP: 38/47 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander finally climbs over the embrasure and he's met with a quick slash on the arm - not enough to stop him but surely enough to make him angrier. He throws a murderous look at the two unlucky goblins before turning a powerful slash in a quick stab to quickly dispatch one of them, then tries to grab the oversized head of the other to throw him over the wall where the rest of the party is with a grin and a witty (or a least, the sellsword tries to be witty) repartee "Hey, look, I'm a goblin shaman too!"

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Action 1 - Snagging Strike (1d20+12)[14] Damage (1d8+4)[11] vs. Goblin 1 (Flat-footed if hit)
    Action 2 - Shove (1d20+9)[10] vs. Goblin 2
    Action 3 - Strike against any remaining Goblin (1d20+7)[17] Damage (1d8+4)[7]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Jon leaves the "witty" repartee to others and simply keeps pouring on the electricity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1+2 electric arc DC 18 basic ref vs (2d4+3)[8] (forgot the +1d4 from leveling last time. Oops.) Hits up to 2 baddies.
    3. Not sure on range, so would use reach if needed to get the goblins, but I don't think it is. Other than that, just moving towards the gate, I guess.