Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 5, Perc 5
    Shortsword +7 (1d6+4 P) Group Swords, Agile, Finesse, Versatile S
    Dagger +7 (1d4+4 P) group Knife, Agile, Finesse, Versatile S, thrown 10f
    Hand Crossbow +7 (1d6 P) group Bow
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Conditions: none
    Cantrip: Guidance

Rasxim hears to the sounds of battle and suddenly apostrophes his brother:
    "Come on Kash! Hurry up oterhwise we will loose all the funny moments! Let's go killing goblins!"
    Rasxim pulls his brother away and runs toward the gate.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show

Rasxim runs toward the gate.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Jannis scowls as the horse falls. He's seen more than a few animals die over the years, but it's always been controlled; quick and painless, makes it easier on the animals and easier on the people. He doesn't need the nobleman's instruction to raise his bow and sight down the arrow at the offending Goblins. "Lord Erastil, lay your hands on this community. We bleed this day."

Jannis lets out a low, steady breath, stares at the mounted Goblin, and releases his arrow.

Spoiler: Jannis, round 4
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, HP 17/197, Speed 25
    AC 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 9, Perc 9
    Longbow +5 (1d8 Piercing) deadly d10, volley 30ft
    Sickle +5 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +5 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips
    Bless 0/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

Cast Bless, granting +1 to-hit for me, and anyone within 5'. Could be no one else, since I want to maintain 30'+ for the longbow.

Attack the mounted Goblin, counting the +1 from bless.
    (1d20+6)[9] attack
    (1d8)[2] damage. If critical success, double and add (1d10)[3]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

With people in danger the (in some cases reluctant) heroes leap into action. Even as the goblin commando atop his savage looking goblin dog races towards poor lord Foxglove the heroes arrive. Jon interposes himself between the noble and the angry goblin commando summoning lightning that crackles between the dog and its rider before a vast gout of flame engulfs both beast and rider. Both emerge from the cloud of flame burned and screaming, two other goblins who were nearby both collapsing as burned green and black piles of goo. Jannis summonsthe Gods' blessings on the heroes but his arrows go wild even as as the pair of gnomes and Lysander race to the gate...

The last goblin screams in rage at the mage and jumps towards him, small dog chopper whistling towards Alexej. The mounted creature, still traling smoke barrels towards Jannis, dog and rider chopping at the brave priest. Behind Foxglove shouts "Protect me, please save me from these green demons!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Goblin stride and attack Alexej (1d20+8)[10] dam (1d6)[1] attack(1d20+4)[15] dam (1d6)[4]

Goblin Commando and burned goblin dog
    - power attack Jon (1d20+4)[11] dam (2d6+2)[8]

Goblin dog jaws (1d20+9)[17] dam (1d6+2)[5] (1d20+4)[24] dam (1d6+2)[6]

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lysander - HP: 21\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander runs towards the goblin rider, screaming out of his lungs with thunderous rage; sword wielded with both hands, he tries to chop both goblin and mount with a powerful overhead. He doesn't seem to notice Aldern Foxglove and his cries for help, the murderous gaze of the mercenary trained on the goblin.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

Action 1 & 2 - Sudden Charge (1d20+9)[11] Damage (1d12+4)[13]
    Action 3 - Strike (1d20+4)[11] Damage (1d12+4)[11]

Lysander attacks first the goblin, if he manages to kill it with the first attack the second one is for the mount.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2020-12-21 at 08:23 AM.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis stays put, half ignoring, half preparing for the charging Goblin. "Stag God, protect me!"

Spoiler: Jannis, round 5
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, HP 17/197, Speed 25
    AC 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 9, Perc 9
    Longbow +5 (1d8 Piercing) deadly d10, volley 30ft
    Sickle +5 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +5 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips
    Bless 0/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

Maintain Bless and extend range to 10' with 1 action.
    Cast Shield on self with one action,

Attack the mounted Goblin, counting the +1 from bless.
    (1d20+6)[18] attack
    (1d8)[1] damage. If critical success, double and add (1d10)[3]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Jon falls to the ground, bleeding.
    Spoiler
    Show
    dying 1 2, since it was a crit
    recovery check (flat check with DC equal to 10+dying level) (1d20)[14]

(I just wanted to show off the death and dying rules to everyone )

result success, dying value decreased by 1 (to 01). No longer dying, now unconscious. Also wounded 1.
    Spoiler: Unconscious
    Show
    You’re sleeping, or you’ve been knocked out. You can’t act. You take a –4 status penalty to AC, Perception, and Reflex saves, and you have the blinded and flat-footed conditions. When you gain this condition, you fall prone and drop items you are wielding or holding unless the effect states otherwise or the GM determines you’re in a position in which you wouldn’t.

If you’re unconscious because you’re dying, you can’t wake up while you have 0 Hit Points. If you are restored to 1 Hit Point or more via healing, you lose the dying and unconscious conditions and can act normally on your next turn.

If you are unconscious and at 0 Hit Points, but not dying, you naturally return to 1 Hit Point and awaken after sufficient time passes. The GM determines how long you remain unconscious, from a minimum of 10 minutes to several hours. If you receive healing during this time, you lose the unconscious condition and can act normally on your next turn.

If you’re unconscious and have more than 1 Hit Point (typically because you are asleep or unconscious due to an effect), you wake up in one of the following ways. Each causes you to lose the unconscious condition.

You take damage, provided the damage doesn’t reduce you to 0 Hit Points. If the damage reduces you to 0 Hit Points, you remain unconscious and gain the dying condition as normal.
    You receive healing, other than the natural healing you get from resting.
    Someone shakes you awake with an Interact action.
    There’s loud noise going on around you—though this isn’t automatic. At the start of your turn, you automatically attempt a Perception check against the noise’s DC (or the lowest DC if there is more than one noise), waking up if you succeed. If creatures are attempting to stay quiet around you, this Perception check uses their Stealth DCs. Some magical effects make you sleep so deeply that they don’t allow you to attempt this Perception check.
    If you are simply asleep, the GM decides you wake up either because you have had a restful night’s sleep or something disrupted that rest.
    Last edited by stack; 2020-12-22 at 08:19 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej Vladislav, Human Evoker
    AC: 16 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Active Effects: Shield (10 minutes).
    Conditions: None.

The goblin's wild swing would have impacted with Alexej's shoulder was deflected by the arcane ward, flaring an eerie blue-white as it deflected the blow. The lean mercenary was suddenly at his side, swinging savagely at his attacker. He watched as the mounted goblin charged the large beared man, his mount snapping wildly and savaging Jon's midsection, the large man fell, his thick oaken staff rolling from his fingers.

Alexej moved quickly to his side, his hand moving in a familiar arcane pattern, as he muttered in an ancient arcane tongue. A small globule of fire stood suspended in his hand, as he threw it towards the commander's mount, hoping to set it alight and cause it to throw it's rider. "Burn filth! BURN!"

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Action 1: Stride to Jon's unconscious form. Action 2&3: Cast Produce Flame against the Commander's Mount. Attack check vs AC, (1d20+7)[18], if successful, (1d4+4)[5], doubled with an additional (1d4)[4] persistant fire damage if the attack is a critical success. If I am hit in combat, I will use the Shield Block reaction to block the attack with the magic ward (Hardness 5).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Rasxim Warcryntover
    CN Gnome Rogue, Level 1,
    HP 18/18, Speed 25f, AC 17, Class DC 17
    Fort 5, Ref 9, Will 5, Perc 5
    Shortsword +7 (1d6+4 P) Group Swords, Agile, Finesse, Versatile S
    Dagger +7 (1d4+4 P) group Knife, Agile, Finesse, Versatile S, thrown 10f
    Hand Crossbow +7 (1d6 P) group Bow
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Conditions: none
    Cantrip: Guidance

Rasxim soon proactively approaches to the battle, relying on his tactics to gain advantage with respect to his enemies.

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show

Action 1: move to the nearest Goblin, positioning in a manner to flank him with one of the other heroes defending the gate (if needed Acrobatics check to make a Tumble Through action: (1d20+7)[16])
    Action 2: Attack with shortwsord (enemy flat-footed if succesfully flanking positioned): (1d20+7)[21] damage (1d6+4)[8] + (1d6)[5] if enemy flat-footed
    Action 3: Attack with shortwsord (enemy flat-footed if previous check successfull): (1d20+7)[27] damage (1d6+4)[9] + (1d6)[3] if enemy flat-footed

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kash- Gnome Alchemist
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2348282

No trouble brother, this is fun

Spoiler: OCC Actions
    Show

Action 1: attack with the crossbow the goblin on Alexej (1d20+5)[15], damage (1d8)[3] + (1d6)[1] Poison (DC 17 fort)
    Action 2: reload
    Action 3: attack with the crossbow the goblin on Alexej (1d20+5)[25], damage (1d8)[2] + (1d6)[4] Poison (DC 17 fort)

It the target is killed with attack 1 the second one is on the goblin dog on Jannis

Giant Centipede Venom: Saving Throw DC 17 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 6 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d8 poison damage and flat-footed (1 round); Stage 3 1d12 poison damage, clumsy 1, and flat-footed (1 round)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

The fighting by the gate hangs in the balance for a second as Jon falls and the smoking goblin and his mount loom above the fallen druid. Then the rest of the pary arrive in a flurry of attacks. Jannis launches an arrow catching the goblin in the shoulder before the goblin is thrown clear as the wounded goblin dog is consumed in a pillar of fire once more from Alexej.

Even as that happens Lysander and Rasxim spring into action. The goblin though is nimble, quick, and to Lysander's surprise quite skilled as it dodges his first blow then solidly parries the second! But it distracts him for a second as the gnome rolls behind it and with a deft flick of his wrist reaches around and casually slits its throat, a momentary look of sadness on its face as the unfairness of the duel!

the last goblin looks to run for a second before Kash's bolts thud into its side. It makes it three steps before the poison overcomes its system and it drops foaming to the rough muddy path....

as the last of the goblin's by the gat falls, you can hear the shouts and screams from within the town to turning to shouts and cheers and a in the distance you can see small shapes fleeing towards the woods around the town. It would appear that, at least for the time being, the raid is over! The nobleman looks at you, his eyes focusing on Alexej most of all. "My lord Magister, you were most impressive, you and your.... he pauses looking for a suitable description, "companions. My thanks, I am lord Foxglove, you must have heard of me... Thanks be to the Gods, and Desna, but those beasts did kill my horse! Finest Taldan stock no less."

11. - Top - End - #41

---------------

Even though the mercenary isn't the one that strikes the killing blow, watching the goblin die puts a satisfied grin on his face; now that the fights seems to be over, Lysander relaxes a bit and appreciatively nods to Raxsim and looks dismissively to Jon, slowly shaking his head "Saw lots of fellows like this one - they believe themselves to be invincible, don't pace themselves and get shanked; should've accepted Zantus' help." then turns towards Jannis "Guess he's all yours - he could still be alive, otherwise you might put a good word with Desna." and said that, he does what most soldiers do after a battle - he starts looting the corpses of the fallen enemies, trying to find anything valuable. Foxglove's words do not seem to move him much, he even scoffs and shakes his head "Better your horse than you. And the big fellow there was gutted by the little pests, kinda feel you should consider yourself lucky to having lost just your ride."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lysander starts looting, it matters little if he finds anything - it's just to show others that he's motivated by greed
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2020-12-24 at 06:40 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis dashes forward, emotions mixing in the wake of a well-aimed shot and a potential death among the people of Sandpoint. "Hang on, man! I've got you!" He begins thinking through the incantations before he arrives, falling quickly to his knees beside Jon's bleeding form. He quickly folds one hand over the other over the wound rapidly spilling blood into the dirt. "Old Deadeye, let your light flow through me! Staunch his wound! Bind him with your warmth and return him to us, whole and hale!"

He closes his eyes, pressing down tightly to stymie the blood flow, and raises his head towards the heavens.
    Spoiler: Heal
    Show
    using 3 actions to cast heal- everyone within 30 feet gets (1d10+8)[18] HP

As Jon's breathing stabilizes, Jannis exhales in relief. "Praise be. He'll live." He looks around the rest of the group, carefully noting that everyone seems largely uninjured after casting his spell.

Only then does Jannis address Lord Foxglove. "I'm glad you're safe also. Did you happen to see where they came from? Truly, you must be lucky or blessed to have survived on your own against so many. The loss of your mount is unfortunate, surely." He nods stoically, offering a hand in greeting, should the man care to take it.

He suddenly glances back towards the square as the sounds become less "oh no" and more "thank the gods!" "That's a relief. I had better head back and see if there are any other wounded to tend."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

As the battle ends and Jannis's powerful pulse of healing washes over Jon and the others healing all their wounds you are soon joined by the strict looking Sheriff Hemlock along with 4 other members of the militia, all with various long pointed weapons. The tough looking sheriff looks at the carnage and grins, "Aye, well, you've saved me some trouble here. My thanks, thanks from the whole village for your service."

He pauses, posting the militia to guard and keep watch and nods to you all. "Please come to the Hagfish, we can toast victory." The invitation seems genuine and he has seen action in the raid if his green blood splattered axe and armour is to be believed.

Lord Foxglove, pauses and interrupts "Pish Sheriff, the Hagfish, I wouldn't drink that swill. I am at the Rusty Dragon, these fine people saved my life and only the finest will do for them. " He grins and gestures to the distant roof of the Rusty Dragon.

OOC
    Your choice of pub

14. - Top - End - #44

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    The tough looking sheriff looks at the carnage and grins, "Aye, well, you've saved me some trouble here. My thanks, thanks from the whole village for your service."
    "Pfff, nothing. Seems the green vermins had little interest in pillaging." the mercenary stands up after he went through the pockets and satchels of the goblins, a disappointed look on his face; when the sheriff arrives, he tilts his head and gives the guard a crooked smile "Well, I was hoping your gratitude would be more tangible; still, I won't refuse a drink or two. And I'm with Lord Foxglove here, much better the Rusty Dragon than the Hagfish. Ameiko Kaijitsu would be a sight for sore eyes, unless any of you prefer to look at Jargie Quinn dancing." a small chuckle, now relaxing after the bloodshed and showing more camaraderie to the people that fought with him - giving them a pat on their shoulder, shaking their hand, complimenting them for their actions.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2020-12-30 at 06:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis nods grimly, pleased with the outcome but sorely disturbed by the events of the last few minutes. "Do we have any idea what they came for?" he asks the sheriff. Lysander's comment about looting only drives the cleric's frown deeper. "If it wasn't for plunder, why bother? Surely the scattered tribes don't think they can conquer Sandpoint? It would be suicide to try!" He gestures to the dead Goblins as indication thereof, surrounded by a handful of capable men who remain (or are returned to) largely uninjured. He mutters quietly, a sour look on his face as he considers the possible implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "And I'm with Lord Foxglove here, much better the Rusty Dragon than the Hagfish. Ameiko Kaijitsu would be a sight for sore eyes, unless any of you prefer to look at Jargie Quinn dancing."
    Jannis turns his attention suddenly to the sort-of-familiar mercenary, an unreadable look on his face until he snorts with involuntary laughter at the mental image of the peg-legged man dancing. "Hear hear!" he calls, smiling. "If we get to pick, my vote is the Dragon." Before long, his expression turns introspective again. "I still don't like this," he mutters, mostly to himself. "Makes no sense at all."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Active Effects: None.

Alexej looked at the Sheriff and shrugged as Foxglove interrupted, he shook his head and clapped a hand onto the larger man's shoulder, "Did you hear Sheriff?! After his recent turn of fortune, Lord Foxglove returns home, and in sincerest thanks for the hard working militia, those men and women who saved his properties in the town, has offered to pay for a round at Dragon?! Invite those who are not on duty, and after a round you and I shall take a skin and share a drink with your men still on post."

While remaining in the rear of the group, close to the Sheriff, he followed the crowd towards the Rusty Dragon. An odd assortment had come together, however, despite their differences they had worked well together. Something to ponder for future endeavors in the region, to be sure.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-03 at 08:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The inside of the Rusty Dragon is a warm and comforting place. Thick wooden benches, rug covered benches and strange silken wall hangings depicting scenes and beasts from far of Tien hang on the walls and the smells of ale and spiced meats and stews with strange foreign spices from over the mountains at the roof of the world hand in he air. As you arrive with Lord Foxglove leading you in there is a round of cheers from the pub and you can see Ameiko trotting towards you.

She approaches Lysander and offers him a strong embrace, then the same to Jon and Jannis. "My heroes. You saved me, my wagon and the town.." before she can say more Lord Foxglove intervenes, resting a hand on Alexej's shoulder. "They did indeed Mistress Kaijitsu. Saved me they did and my appreciation is a round on the house..." he cries tossing a heavy velvet purse to the bar to a loud cheer.

You are welcomed in and sat down at a large table and drinks soon arrive. Foxglove looks to you all "So, heroes of the raid, what has brought you to this flyspeck town? You do not seem like natives born to it?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis follows along comfortably, bantering amiably with Lord Foxglove as they traverse the town. He pauses only briefly at the doorway of the Rusty Dragon, bowing his head in thought or reverence. Once inside, he accepts the hug from Ameiko, trying and failing utterly to hide the beginning of a flush on his neck. He seems to relax a bit as her attention turns elsewhere, though his expression is odd; strained.

His voice mingles with the rest as Foxglove's coin hits the bar emphatically. He perhaps a little overzealously reaches for the first round, and all-but throws it back in a single pull. With an urgent expression, he cajoles the Halfling maid Bethana into bringing him a second tankard quick on the heels the first. He's a tad more patient when he starts in on his second ale, but still obviously a bit out of sorts.

When Lord Foxglove turns the attention to the newcomers, he actually sighs- though it's mostly lost among the throng and celebration. He's immensely more comfortably with the spotlight pointed elsewhere, and almost comically bad about feigning otherwise. "Yes, I recognize a few of you, but wouldn't say we're well known." He rises briefly, offering a polite bow to his companions. "For those of you who don't already know, I'm called Jannis Sotheby. I'm an apprentice now to Father Zantus, and perhaps it's a good thing!" he chuckles warmly as he retakes his seat, raising his mostly full second tankard to his lips.

Spoiler: pronunciation
    Show
    If you care, "Jannis" is meant to be pronounced like "John" + "Hiss" without the H. Jah-niss

19. - Top - End - #49

---------------

Lysander's clearly taken aback by Ameiko's hug - it's not like he did everything he did to save Sandpoint yet someone is showing him kindness and gratitude; he nods curtly to the Rusty Dragon's mistress and hastily takes his sit at the table, drinking greedily from his tankard and than wiping his mouth with the back of the hand.

"Lysander. I'm a sellsword." a shrugs, seems pretty clear that the mercenary doesn't like much talking about himself. Now that the battle has ended and emotions are not running hot, he seems more subdued; he points the tankard at Jannis and awkwardly asks "Do you know that lovely lass, Alexis?" a brief pause "She said Desna was resisting her request to heal me. Why would she do that?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis starts as the questioning goes in an unexpected direction (he was focused on Zantus when Alexis struggled to heal the party). "Alexis? Young blonde lady? Yeah, I know her, we're both acolytes. She said.. what?" His confusion is clear and genuine. After a few breaths, he shakes his head to the negative. "I'm sorry, I really don't know. She hasn't seemed to struggle any more than the rest of us, and I managed just fine... Desna isn't... well, I pray to Erastil anyway, but none of the gods we serve are particularly fickle..."

He lapses into a brief confused silence, clearly disturbed by the thoughts.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej looked uncomfortable as Foxglove's hand unexpectedly touched his shoulder, he moved slowly to remove it, before taking a sip of his spiced wine, "Alexej Vladislav, born in village much smaller than this in Irrisen. Travelled south, by weal or woe, and once free, and during my journeys discovered a talent for blowing schite up, and today, that talent proved useful in defense of your home." He raised a cup, nodding his head, "And of that I am glad."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Jon picks himself slowly off the ground, grimacing as he stretches and checks his wounds.

At the dragon, he introduces himself. "Jon Green, wanderer that passes through periodically. Known to some here."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the festivities continue long into the evening and you relax into each others companies the inn fills up rapidly as stories from across the town of peoples' exploits and battle against the goblin. There is some sadness as toasts are made to those who died, Aldern giving a long and moving toast to Montgomery his fallen horse to many cheers. Throughout the evening AMeiko is attentive to the table making sure to keep Lysander and Jon's glasses in particular filled to the brim with the finest of her home brewed ales.

Even as the evening begins to get more ribald and exciting there is a faint hiss from the door and an elderly looking man enters the room. The crowd parting partly from respect, partly from you think fear. Several of the party recognise him as Lonjiku_Kaijitsu, the owner of the glass house, the largest glass foundry for 10's of miles and Ameiko's father. He's one of the richest men in the town and feared for his influence and his foul temper.

He approaches the table and then in a sharp stataco Tien begins berating Ameiko, her eyes fill with water and she screams back in Taldan, "No father, I do not know where he is, he is not my responsibility and why can't we celebrate.. He continues to shout at her, his voice rising loudly as he whole inn soon draws to a halt...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej looked to his companions then back to the argument that the Sandpoint locals were trying so hard to ignore. Finally he shook his head, "Can't let a man berate our hostess, can we?" As he approached the elder noble, he did so from Ameiko's rear, so the man would know that Alexej had her back in this confrontation, "Master Kaijitsu, is it?" A curt smile, "We are merely here to celebrate Sandpoint's noble defense against today's raid and to mourn the passing of her citizenry. Our dear hostess," a nod indicated the woman, his daughter, "has already answered your inquiry. So please, join us for a drink, celebrate another day you can continue to draw breath, and sit a while. Enlighten me on the fine art of glassworks. Or ...,"

As his voice trailed off, his fingers traced an arcane sigil in the air, and a phosphorescent glow appeared, trailing behind his fingers as he gathered the arcane power to him, "you can leave."

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Casting Prestidigitation to cause funky cool glowing runes that flare as Alexej's speech becomes sterner, and making an Intimidation check to cow the older man. Hoping me being rude as **** will draw some of the heat off of his daughter. Intimidation (1d20+3)[20].

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis sits at the table, too scared or respectful to intervene in an obvious (to him) family conflict. He reaches out and gently but firmly pulls Bethana close as she passes by. "Surely you've picked up some Tien working with her, what's she talking about?" he asks, obviously curious and hopeful he can help somehow.

When Alexej rises, he shakes his head to the negative. "Not now," he whispers, eyes wide. "She can-" His pleas obviously fall on deaf ears as the evoker takes something of a hard-line with the old man. Somehow, for some reason, that proves to be the moment that brings Jannis to action. "Master Kaijitsu," he almost interrupts Alexej, taking advantage of his weighty pause. "Come share a round! Tomorrow has worries enough for itself. We have survived an untimely attack, and will search out the why with tomorrow's dawn. Be merry!"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Good cop, bad cop? Probably should have trained Diplomacy...
    (1d20+2)[13] diplomacy to give some carrot to the stick

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Jon does his best to not look like he is keeping an eye on the matter while, in fact, doing so.Overt actions and words from strangers were unlikely to avail in what appeared to be a part of a long-running family drama. If Ameiko wished to enlighten them afterwards, that was her business.

27. - Top - End - #57

---------------

As it happened in the square earlier that evening, Ameiko has no shortage of people willing to defend her; Lysander just glances towards the two Kaijitsu and then keeps drinking and talking to the people still at the table "Jon, right? Well, if all wanderers could fry goblins like you do guess roads would be safer."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Jon chuckles, "I usually manage to stay on my feet. Hard to take your time with so many people in danger."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

THe younger server looks with wide eyes at the screaming match then glances down with a surprised jerk as Jannis tugs on her sleeve. she leans down, whispering quietly, clearly scare by the rude Lonjiku. "Its her father. He's one of the richest men in town, but he's a horror since Ameiko's mother died years ago in Magnimar. He hates that Ameiko ran away to be an adventurer and now runs an Inn. Dotes on Tsuto her brother, even though he's a nasty piece of work." She looks up at the argument, then back to Jannis. "Same as always, he wants her to go to Magnimar and run the Glass works there with a proper job."

As Lysander and Jon watch the family drama unfold Alexej rises, the sudden move startling Lonjiku who initially just scowls before taking a step back as Alexej hardens his approach. He snaps something to Ameiko that makes the serving girl blush, and turns to Alexej. But before he an asnwer Ameiko screams something back, picking up Alexej's glass and hurls it at her father, the glass shattering on his chest!

In the startled silence Jannis's words fall on deaf ears. The angrered man stares at alexej, and snarls "Great, more adventurers, Brigands with weapons that destroy the peace..." then looking at his daughter he snaps in common tongue, "I give you one more chance before you push me too far and disgrace your mother even further if that were possible. I will be in the Glassworks, you can come and apologise if you wish."" he sneers the last and marches towards the door brushing glass from his chest, a glance at your table. "Adventurer's are not welcome, so don't come and buy anything.", then in Tien he barks something esle though the only word you recognise is "Tsuto".

As he leaves Ameiko bursts into tears and slumps down on the bench beside Lysander, and without pausing takes a long swig of his ale. "I'm sorry." She sobs, "I hate it when he comes here, it would be easier if he just left the dammned glassworks to Tsuto and went to Magnimar." Trying to pull herself together she smiles weakly at Lysander, "I'll get you another. Please, relax, I'll get more drinks for and thanks for trying to help" - the last said to Jannis and Alexej.

30. - Top - End - #60

---------------

Lysander is about to say something to Jon but then Ameiko decides to put an end to her conversation with Lonjiku in quite the spectacular way, so the sellsword bursts into a hearty laughter and points his finger to the old Kaijitsu; half-drunk, he waves his hand as to drive away Ameiko's father and yells "Liked you better during the festival, when you didn't say a word!" then chuckles and he's about to drink more, but the tankard is stolen by the mistress of the Rusty Dragon. He sighs, shakes his head and says with a wide grin on his face "No worries, I will get you another. Seems you need it more than me. And maybe you could tell us what was all the ruckus about." so he stands and wobblingly tries to reach the counter to get more ale.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-01-07 at 01:34 PM.