New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords 2E IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Jon catches her eye and simply says, "Family, what can you do?" with a shrug.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis blushes faintly, and tries to play it off. "I've seen more than a few family scuffles. Somehow, they're always worse at the time- but they always shape up right!" He tries to smile encouragingly. Having come from a large, loving, and close family, he doesn't really understand the depths of conflict running through the Kaijitsu clan.

"He'll come around," he murmurs, as their friend's patriarch storms off in a huff. Turning to Ameiko, it's clear she isn't as optimistic, and his smile falters. "I mean, he's family, right?" he finishes lamely.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej Vladislav, Human Evoker
    AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

Alexej nodded, a sad expression on his face, "Family's complicated," he said softly, looking towards Ameiko. "I just hope we didn't make matters worse for you," noting her tears, "come, come," he placed a hand on her elbow, "let's go get the next round." He then turned trying to lead the woman towards the kitchen, where she could take a rest without the eyes of strangers on her as she bore the weight of her father's outrage.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Just trying to get her to somewhere private so she can collect herself before trying to deal with her customers once again.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Ameiko collects herself and then thanks Lysander as he staggers back to the table with a tray of stout wooden tankards. "My thanks, I'm okay," she says to Jannis. "But thank you. I'm ok really. He just winds me up. He doesn't like the inn and has never forgiven me for leaving home when I was younger."

As she pays her eyes dry and musician in the corner starts up again she rises, "Well. I've put on a show but I'd better go and sort things out eh. These folk won't feed themselves." After thanking you once again she bustles back to her kitchen

Sitting opposite you Foxglove blows a low whistle. "Well my friends. What a night eh! Even more lively than I'd have expected." Offering a toast he looks to you, "Well, you'll have the rum of the town tomorrow as heroes but in a few days I'm having a friend visit from the city. I've promised him a boat to hunt. Would you join me?"

So feel free to play out your evening in the pub, otherwise we can move onto the next morning. If you don't have rooms elsewhere you'll be offered a bunk room in the Rusty Dragon
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Jon considers the invitation, "There is good eating on a boar, but I am not much of a shot I fear. May come along regardless, thank you."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

As the even wears on and beer and wine flow regurlalry to the table Alexej and Lysander make enquires amongst some of the locals of the women that they noticed in the crowds. One of the barmaids looks at Alexej as he describes the red head and shakes her head before pinching the young mage on the cheeks. "Eee me dear. You want to watch the likes of Shayliss Vinder. She ain't nothing but trouble. Her father runs the General Store and she can fix you up with what you need... But mind, her dad is pretty strong and he don;t take kindly to lads look at his daughter."

For Lysander its Jannis who can shed some light on where young Alexis might be but is informed that the young priestess is probably either at the Cathedral looking after the injured or if she's tired from day's events will have gone back home. He also found out that she stays on hook street near the docks with Hannah Velerin, the herbalist / midwife / healer that deals with those who prefer to avoid Father Zantus's healing with a sermon!

Foxglove claps Jon on the shoulder, happy he'll come and looks at Alexej with a grin, "And you my fine wizarding saviour, will you come and roast the boar in its juices?" ...

------

After a while the night draws to a close and you are able to stagger drunkely up tp the rooms that Ameiko has provided, nice rooms, with two comfortable and clean beds, a low desk and a pair of chamber pots in each. Nicer than the barracks or a cold cell in the church and soon you can all enjoy a night of drunken sleep and awake refreshed to the smell of freshly baked bread and the sweet smell of Ameiko's relatively well known strange deep fried battered dough balls stuffed with a home made berry preserve. All of you are able to enjoy breakfast before as the crowds grow with people getting a bite before heading out to start their day you see the grizzled Sheriff Hemlock arriving and approaching the table. He nods to you all. "THe Hagfish was good, but I heard you and eventful night here eh?" Grinning he drags a stout wooden chair across to join you. "I have a favour to ask of you, You all seem quite handy, and I have a strange problem. Zantus came to see me, said that the doors to the crpyt in the Boneyard had been opened in the raid, he sent in one of the young lads, Jerren, but the wee lad hasn't returned and Zantus fears the worst. THe crypt is old, couple of hundred years old some say and has a couple of levels. Zantus is a concerned the boy have fallen and hurt himself, or worse a gobbo or two may have been left behind. But either way with my men on the walls, injured or helping flush out any stray goblins - already found 3 today hiding in attics or under a floorboard - I'm short manned. Could you ye have a look?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Foxglove's offer meets raised eyebrows from Jannis. "Boar, you say?" Clearly intrigued, he can't help but hide his enthusiasm as they discuss the prospect. "I've been on a few hunts with my pa and his friends," he boasts. "'Always good to have a helping hand in the back', he'd say. Never did give me credit for the shot that brought it down. Good hunting, and even better eating! You can count me in-" he blinks, concern creeping into his features. "Er, that is as long as Father Zantus will let me. I can't miss my studies," he admits with a frown. Still, it doesn't last long. "He's pretty reasonable, though. I'll probably just have to do a little extra before or after!"

Jannis enjoys the rest of the evening thoroughly, and winds up stumbling up the stairs quite a bit later than would have satisfied the demanding cleric. He snores loudly in the room, perhaps to the dismay of whoever shares it, and wakes with a fuzzy head and a dull ache behind the eyes, several minutes after first light.

Around the table, Jannis is the first to respond, rising to his feet. "Of course we'll help!" he cries, wincing at his own outburst. "Ugh. I'm guessing Zantus sent you here knowing where we were. I'm gonna take this as his instruction for me." He glances around at his seated companions, all suddenly better known than the day before.

"Er, you all will come too, right? Bows aren't the best for close quarters, but I'll be ready with a spell or two."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lysander - HP: 21\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

The evening

"Not much of a hunter. But I can provide security for a reasonable fee. I kill for coin, not for sport." the sellsword just shrugs, seemingly bothered by something; then points with the head to Jannis and says, maybe a bit too forcefully "Need your help. Tomorrow. Want to talk with that lass. Alexis, I mean. Better if there's another priest."

---------------

The morning

Main problem of heavy drinking is that you might not be fit to go home on your legs, so the offer to sleep at the Rusty Dragon is well-received by Lysander that in the morning shows all the signs of a serious hangover. When Hemlock asks for help, the mercenary grumbles and says with pained voice "Favours do not fill bellies, Sheriff. Spare some coins and I will go take a look: five shields' my fee, or one gold sail if I have to kill something."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: None.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foxglove View Post
    "And you my fine wizarding saviour, will you come and roast the boar in its juices?"
    Alexej looked at the man, this friendship, was perhaps the avenue towards a patron who could fund his reasearch, and as such, should be cultivated. He nodded, humbly, "While my skill with spear and bow are sufficiently lacking, I am sure I can entertain with my humle magicks at a hunting lodge once you have successfully taken down the beast." In a manner befitting a drunken man, he bowed low, sloshing his ale, before calling for another. "'twould be my honor!"

He finished off his evening with ale, however, he was sure to space such drinking with clean, fresh water, so he would not suffer from his drinking on the morning. It never benefitted one to dull their wits such they should suffer for the previous evenings enjoyment. And so it was through the night, he toasted his comrades, their bravery, and courage, all while trying to determine the measure of their character.

The following morning, he came down to the common room, partaking of a modest breakfast of spiced sausages, some runny eggs, a crust of thick bread, and a cup of spiced tea. He did, however, partake of the odd sweet smelling dough, nodding his approval at their host Ameiko. "Our thanks for this fine repast, and for last night's accommodations my lady!" It was then he noted the sheriff moving through the crowd towards their table.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Hemlock View Post
    "Zantus is a concerned the boy have fallen and hurt himself, or worse a gobbo or two may have been left behind. But either way with my men on the walls, injured or helping flush out any stray goblins - already found 3 today hiding in attics or under a floorboard - I'm short manned. Could you ye have a look?"
    Before Alexej could answer, his companions spoke, first Jannis. To which Alexej just nodded in agreement as the man offered the company's services. Then the mercenary spoke, brusquely demanding payment for such an endeavor. Alexej shook his head, and slid a gold crown across the table, "Our companion does not seem to understand that Sandpoint has lost some of it's defenders in yesterday's raid, and that you come to us because your duty and that of your guards has to be the entirety of the citizenry, and not a single rumor of a missing person, of which there must be many from yesterday's chaos." He turned to Lysander, "I'll pay the measure you demand of our already taxed Sheriff, but in so doing you are my man in this endeavor, agreeable?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-09 at 11:45 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

THe sheriff gives Lysander a hard unimpressed look before nodding his thanks to Alexej and hurrying out the Inn as another guard pops his head, "Another one Hem', grab your sword eh.." The sheriff nods to your table. "My thanks. Sister Alexis will meet you by the wall around the tomb, she's the one with the most concern for the boy."

Finishing a slow breakfast you head up the streets towards the mount at the north end of the town where atop the cliffs the Cathedral that was the site of yesterday's excitement is. As you walk up hook street a few folk wave and shout out their thanks, or offer a promise of a good deal if you come back to their shop later. A few sadly have hung long purple streamers around their doors, marking where Desna's dreams are all that now holds a loved one.

The tomb lies in the grounds of the the cathedral. A stout stone building with Pharasma's ravens carved into each of the 4 corner butresses, the double doors now ajar and in front of them pacing is the nervous looking Sister Alexis.

The young lady see's you coming and runs to meet you, a hand holding up the edges of her blue robes. You can see blood stains marring the sleeves and tails of the dress, and a bandage is wrapped around her arm. She smiles in greeting. "Ah, Jannis, thanks be that Hemlock found you. We heard some cries and I'm too scared to head on alone. Will you and the rest help me?" She grins warmly at Alexej and Jon and nods to Lysander. "How do you fare today Master Lysander? I heard you were quite the hero?"

As she looks back to the crypt she nods at the ajar door and the darkness beyond, "I heard the doors opening so I think he's gone down to the lower crypt. at the the very least."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Alexis, eh?" Jannis responds curiously to Hemlock- decidedly less clever than he feels. "We'll head over right-" he pauses, surprised, as the sheriff gets dragged away again... "-away."

Rising just a hair unsteadily, Jannis leads the party across town, gladly responding in kind to the polite gestures and ensuring a few shop owners that he'll take them up on their offer. On their course across town, he makes the opportunity to nudge Lysander playfully on the arm. "Guess you won't need my help finding Alexis after all!" he chortles- probably louder than he meant to.

Jannis bows respectfully as they cross onto the cathedral grounds, and nods to Alexis as the priestess comes running. "You're coming too? If you think it's for the best, I guess that's fine with us. More friends in dark places never hurt anyone that I heard of."

He strides purposefully to the doorway of the crypt, where he pauses to mark out the spiral of Pharasma on his chest. "We enter your domain with respect for the fallen, and condemnation for any raised again." Only after observing suitable respect, does he draw a torch from his pack and light it. He draws a sickle with his other hand, and steps carefully into the darkness.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For clarity, Jannis is not necessarily leading into the crypt. Just posting that we are. He's still unarmored, and doesn't have a death wish.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Dancing Lights.

Alexej listened carefully to the exchange between Jannis and Lysander. Alexis, eh? He thought to himself, he kept those thoughts to himself, no need to nettle the mercenary further after he had already paid his wages for the expedition. At the Sister's comment to Lysander, Alexej chuckled, "He saved commoner, and noble alike. Truly a man of valor and discretion." He bowed slightly to the woman as she informed them of the situation, and then as they prepared to enter the dark chamber, he closed his eyes. "With permission, Sister, allow me to illuminate the byways and pathways of the catacombs. Perhaps the boy will be attracted to the light."

With a complex gesture and movement of his hands, a slow intonation in an ancient tongue, and four globes of ghostly blue flame appeared in his hand, and as he tossed them into the air, two globes floated ahead of the group and two behind, illumining the entire group and the corridor ahead and behind.

Spoiler: Out of Character Action
    Show
    OOC: Casting Dancing Lights, and entering with the group, like Jannis, I am hoping to stay in the central body of the group.

13. - Top - End - #73

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    "I'll pay the measure you demand of our already taxed Sheriff, but in so doing you are my man in this endeavor, agreeable?"
    "Pfff, spare me the lecture." Lysander waves Alexej away, a grimace that ends in a yawn; the sight of gold seems however much more interesting than words so the sellsword shrugs and pockets the coin "A sail's a sail. Don't care who's paying me as long as I get paid. Fine, I'll follow you, check about this wee lad and kill whatever needs killing." so the mercenary stands up, still a bit uncertain on his legs after the revelries of the previous night. When Jannis playfully jabs at him, he looks at the priest a bit confused and shakes his head "Never had any need of your help to find her. Want to talk to her. Better if there's another priest." and by the tone of his voice, the conversation Lysander plans to have with her won't probably be of romantic nature - something gnawing at him.

At the temple Lysander greets Alexis with a nod, frowning at the priestess' words and bluntly answering to her "Was probably another Lysander. Anyway, I would like to have a word with you after we find this Jerren." and with that said he draws his sword, still bloodstained; even though he positions himself at the head of the group, he moves cautiously and addresses the rest of the group with a low, tense voice "Doors and corners. That's where they usually get you. Watch out for doors and corners." and with eyes and ears peeled he tries to understand if there's someone in the crypt.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Lysander is at the forefront of the group. Here's a Perception roll:
    (1d20+7)[18]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Jon rapidly agrees to go along, happy to lend a hand...
    ------------------------------------
    Outside the entrance, he volunteers, "I could go ahead and take a look, then report back. I can be fairly inconspicuous when I have a mind."
    Spoiler
    Show
    referring to Pest Form via wild shape, turning into a rat with LLV and scent for 10 minutes.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis glances back at Jon curiously. After a moment, he openly sizes up the large, bearded man. "Not to be rude," he begins uneasily. "But I can hardly see how you'd ever pass for 'inconspiculous'," he finishes with an awkward chuckle. He raises his arms in a disarming shrug.

"If you think so, I won't say no."

16. - Top - End - #76

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Outside the entrance, he volunteers, "I could go ahead and take a look, then report back. I can be fairly inconspicuous when I have a mind."
    Lysander doesn't seem too eager to be the first into the crypt, so when Jon volunteers to be the one he stands aside and waves his sword towards the entrance "Be my guest. Shout if you're in trouble."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"If I do not return within ten minutes or so, something went wrong." Jon gives the others a nod, then walks to the entrance. Once there, he begins to shrink, transforming into a rat, which proceed to skitter into the crypt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    wild shape for pest form, 10 minutes, costs 1 focus point

AC 16
    Speed 10
    Weakness 5 to physical damage
    Low-light vision and imprecise scent 30 feet.
    Acrobatics and Stealth modifiers of +10
    Athletics modifier –4

Perception checks are secret, modifier is +6

Exploration activity is avoiding notice

Will go as far as possible in checking the area near the entrance, moving further in until time runs out, accessible space runs out, or he encounters opposition that can not be easily circumvented. Or finds a situation that requires immediate intervention or reporting.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Much to the surprise of many people present the stout looking man shrinks and sembles into a rat, a faint hint of spice left in the air before he scurries into the crypt. Inside the crypt it opens up into a large barrel shaped plan stone space some 40ft long and 30ft wide. Alcoves every 5ft or so on the left and right walls are packed with shelves upon which cloth wrapped bodies lie gently decaying.

A larger sarcophagus fills the central part of the tomb with an image of a saintly looking priest on the front, an inscription reading Father Horstace and a date stretching back some 200 years. Beyond the sarcophagus at the far end of the chamber is a stout looking wooden door that lies ajar, a discarded and slightly incongruous black silk cloak lies by the door. A few moths flutter around the roof of the chamber and a couple of rival rats squeak loudly at Jon as he scurries into the darkened room, his rat-like eyes able to pierce the dim light.

Then in the final set of alcoves in the tomb, - so one on the left and on the right 40ft back from the doorway where Lysander lurks his little eyes and whiskered nose see and smell grave dirt and something foul. The skeletons are standing still, but standing vertically with crude goblin cleavers in their hands and staring into space, eye holes glittering with a piercing blue light....

OOC
    so 2 skeletons 40ft from the door. One on each side of a 30ft wide room
    With the door only a little ajar they you need lowllight to see them clearly from the door unless you boot it fully open
    They do not respond to the rats

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Jon returns, resuming his normal form and giving his report to the others. After relating the layout an contents, he sums up, "Two skeletons, shouldn't be that hard to dispatch."

20. - Top - End - #80

---------------

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    "Two skeletons, shouldn't be that hard to dispatch."
    "Skeletons? You mean undead? Why there are skeletons here? Never heard of goblins practicing that sort of magic." Lysander seems puzzled, a bit worried that whatever's happening is way more dangerous than some goblins raiding a small town; he throws a cautious look at the crypt through the slit of the door, then sighs and grumbles "Should've asked for more coin. Or better yet, should've stayed at the Dragon. Well, I say we kick the door open and swarm the skeleton on the left, then we do the same to the one on the right."
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-01-13 at 08:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the didn't move, but they were upright and had an eerie glow about the eyesockets. If they aren't some foul mockery of life, I will eat my hat. Instead of rushing them, maybe we stay back and make them come to us. Probably not real bright and they only had blades, give us a moment to hit them before they are within reach."
    Last edited by stack; 2021-01-13 at 09:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis frowns deeply, obviously troubled and concerned by Jon's report. "There should definitely be no undead in the city- on hallowed ground, no less." His frown turns into a scowl as he considers just a few of the possible ramifications and implications.

"One way or another, they must be dispatched- and quickly! Let's make them come to us." He draws his bow, and focuses his mind for battle. "Lysander, I will grant you a small blessing on your first attack."

Spoiler: Jannis, round 1?
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, HP 17/197, Speed 25
    AC 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 9, Perc 9
    Longbow +5 (1d8 Piercing) deadly d10, volley 30ft
    Sickle +5 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +5 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips
    Bless 1/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

I'm assuming there will be no surprise round, given the distance we need to travel. (1d20+9)[27] perception for init

When it comes to it, Jannis will cast divine lance for good damage: (1d20+7)[12] ranged spell attack roll; for (1d4+4)[8] damage- doubled on a critical.

Then cast guidance on Lysander for +1 to a thing.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 16 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Active Effects: Dancing Lights (sustained); Shield.

Alexej initially marvelled at Jon's transformation, an interesting talent, to be sure. He would need to confer with the man on his return, to see where he learned such a trick, and how he had mastered it to do so with such ease. He then, like his companions, waited, ill at ease, until he returned to provide a report on his discovery.

"Skeletons?" Alexej inquired, "Intriguing, though necromancy isn't my specialty, it does require a certain amount of talent to create such, even if only to protect against inquiring commoners." Even further, Alexej was impressed by Jon's tactical prowess, a lure to draw them out. "I agree with Jon's assessment, he was, after all, the one who discovered them and, thereby, knows the interior layout as well as any. If I stood behind Lysander, and to his right, I can conjure a gout of fire ten paces long that would consume both of the skeletal guardians, and likely incinerate them. Should we lure them to our position, rather than place ourselves at the junction of two passages and permit one to attack the rear of our party."

Spoiler: Out of Character Action
    Show
    OOC: Hearing that we're going into combat, potentially, Alexej will cast Shield and continue to do so to maintain it in the event that Jon missed the position of a third skeleton. That will limit me to 2 Actions though. Secondly, I am not sure if there is a readied action, or something, but Burning Hands may be a nice opener, 2d6 fire damage, Reflex for half, and I can't see skeletons being all that nimble. Damage on both would be good, considering our ranged options we miht beat them before they reach melee range with Lysander. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-13 at 01:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The door is pushed open wide as the party surge into the musty smelling crypt. As light spills into the room the 2 skeletons rear up, eyes glowing a glacial blue as they step out from the alcoves. There is a [ulse of light as a divine lance fires Jannnis but passes between some ribs as the priest calls upon a blessing of Desna to settle onto Lysander....

Skeletons are ~30ft away but 30ft feet apart.
    Players beat the skeletons lowly initiative. Jannis has gone but the rest of the party may act before the skeletons advance

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Jon launches a bolt of lightning toward the left most skeleton, causing it to arc towards the second.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2 actions) Electric arc doesn't specify how close the two targets have to be to each other, so if both are within 30 feet of Jon, then I think he can hit both.

(1d4+3)[4] electricity damage, basic Ref save DC16

1 action step 5 ft back to let the melee take the brunt of the assault coming
    Last edited by stack; 2021-01-14 at 11:39 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86

---------------

"Fine, fine. Have it your way. Do your tricks." Lysander just shrugs and stands there, sword in hand in a relaxed guard - waiting for a target to be close enough to strike.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show
    Lysander readies the Strike action.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[15] - Damage: (1d12+4)[6]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 16 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Active Effects: Dancing Lights (sustained); Shield.

Alexej silently cursed, he thought the tunnel narrowed, which would have funneled both targets into the breadth of a summoned gout of flame. However, upon seeing the situation, he quickly realized that they were too far spread for such magicks to effectively neutralize the lot of them. Instead he summond a glowing ball of fire to his hand, and launched it at the right-most skeleton, hoping to turn it's bones to ash.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Moving to the side to clear a firing line for ranged attacks, or Lysander to engage in melee. Then casting Produce Flame, (1d20+7)[26] vs AC, for (1d4+4)[8] fire damage, if initial attack is a critical success, initial damage is doubled and it takes an additional (1d4)[2] persistant fire damage.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The two skeletons surge forwards, eyes glaring at the living who they hate. As the pair of bags of bones advance lightning arcs from Jon's hands as it crackles between the two creatures but doesn't appear to slow them down much! The one on the right is enveloped in a cloud of fire and the bones blacked and crack before smashing to the floor as Alexej consumes it in fire whilst the remaining one stumbles forward, its clawed hands reaching for Lysander's throat. The hardbitten warrior lashes out as even as the priestess screams in horror behind him, his blade landing a solid blow but less effective than normal without flesh to cut through. In return the skeleton claws at his face!

OOC

Their resitsance ablates most of the electrical damage
    The critical hit (beating AC by >10 is enough to destroy it
    Lysander hits but resistance to slashing limits the damage

Skeleton: stride, stride, attack Lysander (1d20+6)[21] dam (1d4+2)[6]
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-01-16 at 03:22 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Lysander - HP: 15\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

The sellsword, deeply cut by the skeleton's claw, starts to bleed profusely; he doesn't back off, though - instead screams and curses the skeleton "You piece of trash, you thrice-damned muppet!" then he lets his own sword go, grabs the skeleton by his exposed spine and than delivers punch after punch with his armoured fist, every blow accompanied by bellows of rage and pain.

Spoiler: Rollz!
    Show
    Lysander attacks with the gauntlet.
    Action 1 - Snagging Strike: (1d20+9)[20] Damage: (1d4+4)[5]
    Action 2 - Strike: (1d20+5)[11] Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Action 3 - Strike: (1d20+1)[6] Damage: (1d4+4)[7]

(If necessary, he uses the +1 from Guidance for an attack)
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-01-16 at 05:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis peeks out from behind Lysander and winces at the creature's savage slice. With another word and gesture, he launches a bolt of holy energy at the skeleton!

Jon, strike just there!

Spoiler: Jannis, round 2
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, HP 17/197, Speed 25
    AC 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 9, Perc 9
    Longbow +5 (1d8 Piercing) deadly d10, volley 30ft
    Sickle +5 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +5 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips: Divine Lance, Forbidding Ward, Guidance, Read Aura, Shield
    Soothing Words (1/1 focus)
    Bless 1/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

Divine lance again. (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d4+4)[7] good damage

Cast guidance on Jon. This ability lasts for only one turn. Also, you have to decide which roll to apply it to before rolling. Just add +1 to whichever check you feel is most important.