New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords 2E IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Jannis pauses long enough to think back to when he's visited before. "I think the main shop and offices are to the right. That would make the stuff to the left the workshop?" He leaves it in Lysander's capable hands to decide which way to go, sighting down the hallway with his longbow.

Spoiler: Jannis, still pre-combat?
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 1, HP 17/17, Speed 25
    AC 15, Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 9, Perc 9
    Longbow +5 (1d8 Piercing) deadly d10, volley 30ft
    Sickle +5 (1d4 slashing) trip, agile
    Dagger +5 (1d4 piercing) versatile slashing, agile
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips: Divine Lance, Forbidding Ward, Guidance, Read Aura, Shield
    Soothing Words (1/1 focus)
    Bless 1/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lysander - HP: 21\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander looks around, sword at the ready and still a pained expression on his face "Fine, fine, I'll do it. Doubt Ameiko will forgive me if I let her father die."" the sellsword grugdingly accepts, then moves in the corridor trying to be as stealthy as possible; he stops at the first door he encounters, says to the others "Hope you're ready." and tries to open it.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Lysander tries to open the door at I-10.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Jon stands ready to follow Lysander in, gripping his staff tightly.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Lysander opens a door into a scene of (typically goblin) chaos and madness. Furnaces burn hungrily and noisily along the closes wall pumping out heat with heavy iron doors swinging open. Marble tables are scattered around the room with surfaces cluttered with all manner of scrapers, blowing tubes and other strange devices used to shape and bend the molten glass. At the far end of the room the largest furnace burns blue white with searing heat.

THe room is a horrific ornament to goblin ingenuity and boredom. The dismembered bodies of 8 of the glassworks staff are scattered near the furnaces, missing limbs that have been cast into the furnace or other bodies partially coated in molten glass. These appear to be poor attempts to copy what appears to be the masterpiece that lies at the far end of the room where you see the body of Lonjikiou pinned to a chair by heavy nails hammered into arms and shins and then coated by a great sheet of molten glass, his face, now frozen behind the glass a burned mask of anguish.

In the room as you open the goblins, some with tongs and metal jars of molten glass all look around, little evil faces grinning at the prospect of a new "toy" to play with!!

OOC

Players have the initiative
    Will DC12 or gain Frightened 1 condition for (1d6)[2] at the horror of the molten glassed bodies

Lets begin
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej Vladislav, Human Evoker
    AC: 16 (18) | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Active Effects: Shield; Cover.
    Conditions: None.

Alexej's face became deadly serious as he took in the macabre scene, the goblins broad, teeth lined grins, impish, and terrifying in the flickering light of the glass works, Alexej plunged forward, past his comrades, sliding across the floor, to the end of the work table. "You bloody bastiches! You'll soddin' burn fer this!" As he slammed into the end of the counter, taking cover from the goblins attack, his hand made an arcane gesture conjuring forth an invisible plane of force to protect himself before he immolated the chittering marauders who had so savagely tortured and murdered Lonjikiou.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Will check DC 12, (1d20+7)[16]. Move Action to get to the end of the counter, 1 Action to take Cover & my final action to cast Shield.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-02-17 at 01:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

(I thought we were in the hallway outside the main room, not still back in the round entry room; I will post on my understanding, since 5' will matter)

Jon stays focused on the task at hand, the horror of the goblins' "fun" , while creative, is not fundamentally different from what he has seen before. He moves into the room and launches an arc at the nearest goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Stride to L7 (columns are misaligned, so going to the left of the letter)
    2&3. electric arc (1d4+3)[6] basic reflex DC 16, hits )P11 and Q12

7. - Top - End - #157

Lysander - HP: 21\21 - Conditions: Frightened 1 (2 rnds) - Active Effects: None

---------------

However jaded Lysander may be, he seems shocked by the gruesome display of the goblins' cruelty and ingenuity. He clenches his teeth and rushes forward, bellowing a war cry to conceal his fear; towering over the goblins, he start swinging his sword two-handed, fright fueling his powerful strikes.

Show
    Action 1 & 2 - Sudden Charge (I10 -> O10) (1d20+8)[20] Damage (1d12+4)[9]
    Action 3 - Strike (1d20+3)[12] Damage (1d12+4)[16]
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-02-17 at 08:52 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis isn't quite sure what he was expecting, but undeniably the carnage in the glassworks wasn't it. He has to fight to keep himself calm, but manages, and takes aim with his bow at the nearest of the vile little cretins.

Spoiler: Jannis, round 1
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    Conditions
    Divine Spells: Cantrips: Divine Lance, Forbidding Ward, Guidance, Read Aura, Shield
    Bless 1/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

1: Jannis will stride to ~J/10? Right inside the doorway.

2: Shoot with longbow at O/14:
    (1d20+5)[7] attack- by my math he's 35' feet away, so volley penalty won't apply. If my math is wrong, change the target instead of taking a penalty.
    (1d8)[8] piercing plus (1d10)[5] if critical success.

3: attack again:
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d8)[1] piercing plus (1d10)[4] if critical success.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The heroes burst into the room with some degree of drama! Jon moves up quickly to behind the marble table with deep inset hollow glass moulds and reaches out a hand, but the two goblins dive out of the way of the arching electricity. Behind him Alexej runs in taking cover by the marble counter and beside on while Jannis reaches the doorway and lets fly with an arrow that goes wild. Lysander is decisive and runs in, racing around the marble table sword swinging to shear one of the goblins in half that had evaded the lightning!

For their part the goblins howl with a mixture of rage and excitement, the "largest" of them pointing at Jon with a grin "FEED FAT ONE TO FIRE!" it bellows in its squeaky goblin voice. The one nearest to Lysander jumps in to attack him with its dogslicer, another one further back picking up the tongs with a glob of molten glass at the end and charging in swinging the red hot tongs like a greatclub!

The one that had been nearest the main furnace runs in, scurrying up to Alexej and jabbing at him whilst a 4th leaps atop the marble and launches a metal crucible full of molten sand at Jannis in the doorway. The last goblin, precariously drags a heavy bucket of flaming glass in a bucket behind him, but is still 20ft back.

apologies, Imugr is refusing to upload my map so will try again later

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Goblin 1 vs Lysander (step and attack twice)
    (1d20+8)[10] dam (1d6+1)[5] // (1d20+4)[8] dam (1d6+1)[5]

Goblin 2 vs Alexej (2 step and attack)
    (1d20+8)[15] dam (1d6+1)[5]

Goblin 3 vs Lysander (2 step and attack with flaming tongs
    (1d20+6)[24] dam (1d10)[6] + (1d4)[1] FIRE

Goblin 4 Vs Jannis (Stride, clumb up on counter, throw the molten glass)
    (1d20+8)[11] dam (2d4)[5] Fire

Goblin 5 (encumberd - pick up bucket, stride twice)

Last edited by DrK; 2021-02-20 at 09:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

"Take heart, friends! Together we will overcome!" Jannis calls upon Erastil's blessing and grants a minor boon to his nearest companions.

Spoiler: Jannis, round 2
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    Conditions
    Bless 0/1
    Magic Weapon 1/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)
    Bless: +1 attacks (5')

1&2: Cast bless. I think it will apply to me and Alexej, as is. I'll expand it in the next few turns.
    3: shoot a Goblin!
    (1d20+6)[12] atk
    (1d8)[6] plus (1d10)[8] in the event of critical success

11. - Top - End - #161

Lysander - HP: 14\21 - Conditions: Frightened 1 (1 rnds) - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander parries and dodge, still one of the goblins manages to hit him and leaving an ugly burn on the sellsword's arm; the pain, the fear, the remnants of his hangover make him less receptive to Jannis' encouragement and barks in response "Just shut up and fight!"
    The priest is not however the only target of Lysander's anger, while fighting the mercenary gazes one of the goblins and growls threateningly "I'll drown you in your friends' blood!" and presses forward, strike after strike aimed at unbalancing and then kill the goblins.

Show

Action 1 - Demoralize Goblin 3 (1d20+3)[15] (Impose Frightened condition)
    Action 2 - Snagging Strike (1d20+8)[26] Damage (1d8+4)[9] (Impose Flat-footed condition)
    Action 3 - Snagging Strike (1d20+3)[16] Damage (1d8+4)[7] (Impose Flat-footed condition)

Goblin 3 is the priority target.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-02-22 at 02:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Active Effects: None..

The goblin's vicious attack was deflected by an arcane field of force, he brought his hands together, and shot a gout of flame that fanned out, catching at least two of their attackers in it's flames, setting them alight.

Show
    OOC: So, this will require a little adjudication on DrK's part. Alexej is going to use 2 Actions to cast Burning Hands, a 15' cone, which should catch #2, and #4, however, if a 20' cone will catch more, I will use my 1st action to use Widen Spell and make it a 20' cone. If the extra 5' won't make a difference I will cast a Shield Spell.

Regardless, any Goblin in the cone (15' or 20' depending on DrK's ruling), will take (2d6)[5], with a Reflex save DC 17 for half damage. ... 5?!? Seriously? Sigh!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-02-22 at 08:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Jon launches another arc of lightning toward the goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. move/step as needed
    2-3. electric arc on suitable targets (1d4+3)[7] Basic Reflex DC 16

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The hungover Lysander is clearly angry as he's hit by burning glass and hits back savagely, a pair of wide sweeping blows hacking both goblins in half, green blood spraying across the marble table.

Beside him he feels a surge of fire as Alexei releases a massive 20ft gout of fire engulfing the remaining 3 goblins, one falling dead with its earlier wounds. Even as Jannis's bless falls upon the party Jon waves a hand and a crackling arc of lightning connects the two goblins who explode seconds later into greasy puffs of black smoke.

The smoke clears slowly, only the hungry crackling of the furnaces loud in the massive glass warehouse.

15. - Top - End - #165

Lysander - HP: 14\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

A couple more stabs just to be sure, then Lysander groans and looks at the others saying meakly "I don't feel so good." and starts emptying his belly, the goblins' "artwork" the final straw; doubled over in pain, the mercenary coughs and spits until nothing comes out of his mouth anymore and finally manages to stand straight and mumbles mostly to himself "Calistria be my witness, I'll never drink so much again."

After his temporary "inconvenience", Lysander wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and says with a coarse voice "Guess we're too late to save the old goat. Can't say he will be missed, but he didn't deserve this." then sighs, looks around and says "Just goblins here. Chances are, the one who summoned those skeletons is still here. Can't say why, however."
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-02-27 at 02:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis pauses in the wake of the sudden violence, eyeing the room with the careful detachment of a man well used to the practicality of slaughter and butchery. As Lysander loses his breakfast, the young cleric's head hangs sadly. "We'll have to bear this news to Ameiko," he mutters simply. He begins picking through the wreckage, decidedly morose in his demeanor. "Perhaps we can find something useful in all this..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna Search the area. Perception is at +9

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Jon keeps his head and his stomach. "First, we should search the building; there could be survivors or other goblins here."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Spell Slots: 1st: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1
    Active Effects: None.

As Jon spoke, Alexej was already walking, as if in a daze, towards Lonjikiou's corpse, his eyes tracing the rough glass sheen that surrounded him, the horrific pain clear on his face through it's crystal sheen. He turned as he shook his head, pushing the thoughts of those final moments from his mind, "I agree with Jon, let us search the building, in the event there are other," with a toe he rolled over one of the goblins they had slain, "vermin."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

With the goblins lying dead and the heroes relieved at the their deaths they move out through the workshop. At the far end of the room, pushing out of the double door of the massive work room past the horrific glass "statues" and bits of the glass workers you stumble through a set of doors into a small loading room. A wheelbarrow sits against a wall and the shelves on the wall are full of fine glass jars filled with colourful metallic powders (manganese for clear, cobalt for blue, obsidian for black and nickel for bright green). In one corner a solid dwarven made safe lies open, the heavy door swinging slightly and some silver residues on the shelves (silver and gold are used to colour glass yellow and red respectively). To the top of the room a small door hangs open and a cool breathe blows up from the stairs decsending into darkness (and to Jon's sharp ears a faint hint of squealing goblin tongues)

Around the front of the Glassworks the cluster of offices, store rooms, servant's quarters and a kitchen are deserted, trashed and smashed beyond reason with splashes of blood near the sleeping quarters where you'd guess that likely the servants put up a brief fight before being dragged to their painful deaths in the main glass working room.
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-03-01 at 09:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Jon wastes no time in gathering the others. "I hear more goblins below; let us pursue them without delay."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Dancing Lights; Shield.

Hearing Jon's call, Alexej quickly moved to his companions side, on seeing the dark stairs descending beneath the foundry, he made several arcane gestures, the first summoned three balls of greenish flame. The same he had used to entertain children, what seemed like weeks ago, illuminating the path of the stairs descent. "So, we don't have to walk blindly into the warrens of these vermin."

The second summoned into place, a wavering field of force, allowing him to deflect an attack, the odd vibration of the astral energies comforting him, "Let's see this through, then find the sheriff." His face was set, stony, and impassive as he steeled himself for the next step.

Show
    OOC: Sustaining Dancing Lights, and keeping Shield up on myself would cause me to use two actions per exploration phase, so Alexej is likely towards the rear, and moving slightly slowly. If forced to choose, I will keep the lights up for ourselves. two in front of the group and 1 behind, so the rear guard isn't in darkness either.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis nods resolutely at Jon's suggestion. Grimly, he takes up a spot moving slowly beside Alexej with his bow as they begin to descend. "He may be gone if we don't go immediately. Still, I'm... the young priest pauses with a bit of a sneer on his lips. It quickly becomes clear that he's developing a particular dislike for the Goblins that have recently terrorized his hometown. After taking a breath to master the anger growing beneath the surface, he opens his eyes. I'm prepared to deal with this problem more directly."

23. - Top - End - #173

---------------

"Just so you know, if things go south I will run away; I advise you do the same." Lysander says after having wiped his mouth with the back of his hand; he looks at the stairs a bit unconvinced, then shakes his head and mumbles "Don't like it at all." and start going downstairs, slowly and cautiously.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Despite some clear reservations Lysander leads the way down the solid well cut stone steps into what you must assume is some storage cellars under the glass works. The stairs lead down into a wide corridor some 15ft wide that is used as a store room. The base of the stairs has walls filled shelving and stores for the glassworks along with a pair of wheelbarrow hanging on the wall. Straigh ahead the corridor contiunes ahead, liberally littered with storage crates and boxes until it turns left around a corner.

To your immediate left as you reach the bottom of the stairs a wall has been pulled down, bricks and broken shelves in a pile waist high but a passageway heads south (assuming you arrived from the east side). From that passage you can hear the sound of high pitched goblin squeaking and louder deeper voice bellowing at them in goblin.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps we have found the ringleader at last? Jon thinks, silently urging the others toward the voice.

26. - Top - End - #176

---------------

"If we find the ringleader, let me tell you this: way to dangerous to take them alive, feet first out of the Glassworks is good enough." the sellsword moves slowly and cautiously, slightly crouched to offer less of a target to hidden archers; at the bottom of the stairs, he points his sword south and starts moving towards the deeper (and probably non-goblinoid) voice.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Following Lysander under the flickering orbs of the dancing lights the party step over the rubble and creep down the corridor, as you walk some 20ft down you turn right, the corridor of what seems to be much older and more natural stone. As you turn and look down the corridor there are low lights showing two doors off the corridor some 30ft in front of you and the corridor ends in another bricked up wall that has been ripped down.

By the fallen wall (30ft away) you can se disheveled looking man, his features once may have been handsome and a mixture of human and elf but now seem twisted and drawn by some sort of anguish, in rgaged clothes with a bow in hand he looks haunted and stares angrily at you. Slapping the nearest of 3 goblins that cram into the 10ft corridor. He mutters darkly staring at Lysander, "You craven fools. You have spoiled everything, she will never love me after this disaster" . He strings the bow and reaches for an arrow as the goblins begin to caper forwards!

OOC
    you are in a 10ft wide corridor and Lysander and Jon have turned the corner.
    20ft away is a door on your left
    25ft away is a door on your left
    30ft away are Tsuto and in front of him/beside him are 3 goblins

Initiative:
    Jon/Alexej
    "Evil"
    Jannis/Lysander

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: None.

Alexej moved forward, the strange man had a frenzied, appearance too him, some sort of charm? A compulsion perhaps? He looked to his companions, "Let's take the jackass alive, kill the vermin, ya?" And with that he moved down the hall towards the trio of goblins and their overseer, as he did he intoned a low, sonorous chant, before casting his hands ahead of him, a dazzling stream of light, comprised of every color and hue imaginable sprung forward to stun and blind his opponents.

Show
    OOC: Stride forwards about 20', then use two of my actions to cast Color Spray, Will save DC 17, with the following effects;
    Critical Success The creature is unaffected.
    Success The creature is dazzled for 1 round.
    Failure The creature is stunned 1, blinded for 1 round, and dazzled for 1 minute.
    Critical Failure The creature is stunned for 1 round and blinded for 1 minute.

This leaves me in a dangerous spot, but let's see how that plays out. That's my three actions so Dancing Lights drops, sorry guys!
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-03-09 at 06:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Jon gives the nearest goblin a withering glare, then lightning leaps from his hands toward it and anther of the goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (1d20+3)[4] (frightened 1 on success, 2 on crit), intimidating glare feat means it is non-verbal, so language is irrelevant

electric arc BASIC REF DC 16 vs (1d4+3)[5] electricity damage

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis doesn't need any encouragement beside the man reaching for an arrow to reach for one of his own. "Deadeye, guide my hand!"

Spoiler: Jannis, round 1
    Show
    Jannis Sotheby
    Conditions
    Bless 0/1
    Magic Weapon 0/1
    Heal 2/2 (d10)

1&2: Cast magic weapon on my bow
    3: pew pew the archer man
    (1d20+5)[25] attack
    (2d8)[11] damage plus (1d10)[5] in the event of critical success
    Dang. That'll probably do it. I think the 11 gets doubled before the d10 goes in the mix?