New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Runelords 2E IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E IC

Lysander - HP: 14\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander seems taken aback by the half-elf's words, but the sellsword's surprise lasts until the leader of the goblins tries to reach for an arrow - old istincts kick in, and Lysander surges forward to kill or be killed. He covers the distance between the two groups quickly, sword in one hand ready to chop and butcher, much more concerned for his own survival than taking anyone alive.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show
    Action 1 & 2 - Sudden Charge (1d20+9)[13] Damage (1d8+4)[5]
    Action 3 - Snagging Strike (1d20+4)[14] Damage (1d8+4)[10]

Lysander targets first anyone unaffected by Alex's Color Spray.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

The corridor fills with colours as Alexej unleashes a great blast of colourful magic. Tsuto almost drops his bow but is left sunned, one of the goblins screams as its eyes are blinded and only one manages to close its eyes in time! Sadly that one is then blasted by Jon's lightning and is blow off his feet stone dead! Even as the remaining goblins and Tsuto are stunned by the colours Lysander appears in the midst of them a pair of massive strikes at the blinded goblins lands as they can't dodge and each is thrown backwards in a fountain of green blood.

WHile Tsuto stands there blind, stunned, groping around for the danger Jannis takes careful aim and releases a single arrow! It shimmers with power and he can feel it resonate as its strikes true and critically in the man's throat! Tsuto drops to his knees, choking on blood, hands scrabbling at his belt pouch and a gargled "Nualia, my love, I am coming..." before he slumps backwards dying rapidly
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Alexej Vladislav, Human Evoker
    AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Spell Slots: 1st: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuto View Post
    Tsuto drops to his knees, choking on blood, hands scrabbling at his belt pouch and a gargled "Nualia, my love, I am coming..." before he slumps backwards dying rapidly
    Alexej near snarled, before running forward, "Not yet ya ain't you prick, you got some crimes ta bloody well answer for!" He pressed a rag to the hole of his throat, looking towards his companion, "Jon! Ya got some juice left for this blighter? I want some answers, Ameiko will too, 'fore we send this bloke ta hell!"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Jon closes and send forth a burst of healing vitality.
    Spoiler
    Show
    if it has to be done this round, single target heal for (1d8+8)[15]

If it can wait a round, 3-action heal in a burst to help top everyone off.

If Jon can't be sure, go with the first option.

"Who is he?"

5. - Top - End - #185

Lysander - HP: 14\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

After the furious and quick battle, Lysander sighs and delicately rubs his own wounded arm; the last words of the half-elf seems to confuse the sellsword that says with contempt"Is this mutt trying to say he did all of this just to impress a girl?" then he dismissively shakes his head and starts looking around, trying to understand what the group was trying to do in the Glassworks' basement.

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show
    Here's a couple of rolls, Perception and Lore (Underworld) to investigate a bit.

(1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+3)[13]

Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-03-16 at 07:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

"Grab him, quickly!" Jannis calls, surprising himself as much as anyone with the deathly accuracy of his single shot. Recognizing Tsuto only after the fact, he begins to call upon Erastil for healing, only to be beaten to the metaphorical punch by Jon.

"He's Tsuto," Jannis responds numbly. "Ameiko's brother. She'd never forgive me..." The cleric blinks back his thoughts and scrambles forward to restrain the bleeding Half-Elf. He looks up at Alexej. "If we can, we should deliver him to Hemlock. It seems.... Gods, Tsuto killed his own father, like that?! How-" Jannis finally falls silent, his thoughts shattered into uselessness by the hideous display of callousness and violence. He roughly binds the unconscious man, even as he begins to stir in the wake of the healing.

"Don't know as it's for the best you survived that," the young man mutters, more grimly than you might have thought possible.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

The pulse of healing energy wafts up and down the corridor and Alexej can feel the flesh under hand knitting together and the blod slowly as Tsuto's eyes slowly open, revealing dark eyes full of hate. A snarled "You should have let me die, my love with the power of lamashtu would have brought me back in a vision of perfection..." he laughs, an insane cackle that puts a shiver down Andrei's spine.

As he is roughly searched Lysander spots the composite bow, its well made of black stained wood and he can see faintly a rune of power glowing upon it! Also in the man's pockets as he grunts as he's roughly search is a pair of minor healing salves, the symbol of the butterfly suggesting he stole them from the Cathedral in the raid and a vial of red oily alchemists fire

Spoiler: Loot
    Show

2 minor healing potions
    1 alchemists fire
    Composite shortbow +1

Of most interest and the things that causes him to twist and shout with a Give it back!" is a worn looking diary. The journal containing two dozen pamphlet like pages has maps of Sandpoint, various locations circled. Of more concern are the several pages with crossed out plans and scribbled out approaches of what appears to be a mass attack on teh town by ~200 goblins, all 5 of the local goblin tries listed as amongst the attack force. In addition to the maps and attacks plans are numerous drawings of the same woman, all slightly erotic in nature and all showing this woman with half fiendish appendage, wings, a tail, a claw etc...

Even as you search him you all hear a faint shouting and banging from one of the rooms ahead, another storage room. As Jon/Lysander approaches and pulls the door open the stink of cleaning solvents and chacol greets you along with a dishevelled, pale and bloodied Ameiko. the bar maid bound and gagged and bleeding from cuts and bruisesd, her face pale and terrified!

8. - Top - End - #188

Lysander - HP:14\21 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

"Mh-hm, sure. I'll certainly take orders by the beaten-up prisoner that'll most probably hang for what he did." Lysander nods with affected seriousness, but his voice is dripping sarcasm - and of course, gives the diary a quick glance before passing it to the others "Look here, can't say if this lazy sod has completely lost the plot or..." words seems failing the sellsword that in the end just grunts with a worried look to Tsuto, before going on with the inspection of the surroundings; that's when he finds Ameiko and immediately shouts "Jannis! Leave that maggot be and come here at once! Ameiko is wounded!" before dropping to his knees and trying to untie the poor woman, uncharacteristically concerned by her well-being.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-03-17 at 06:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Jon bends over Ameiko, checking her wounds. He calls over his shoulder, "Bring one of those potions over, quickly!" He takes the gag out of her mouth, "Are you hurt badly?"
    Last edited by stack; 2021-03-17 at 07:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis needs no further instruction and comes running at Lysander's call. Without waiting for a potion, he channels the aid of Erastil and bestows his healing powers on Ameiko. "Thanks to the Gods!" he breathes. "How did you get here?" he asks of no one, immediately putting the pieces together himself. "That fool. Tsuto brought you here, didn't he?" Jannis shakes his head sadly, even as he unbinds Ameiko as gently as he can.

"He's in deep, Ameiko. I guess you probably know more than we do, but it can't be good. He's got a journal we need to go through more thoroughly." He lapses into silence, as he makes every effort to relieve his friend's pain. "Let's get you out of here and get Tsuto to the prison. We've got work to do..."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 15 | HP: 15 | Class DC: 17
    Fortitude: +4 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Spell Slots: 1st: 1/3 | Focus Pool: 1

Alexej, perched on Tsuto's back, was too busy studying the captive's journal to rush to Ameiko's rescue. It amused him that Lysander was so, uncharacteristically, concerned for her well being, though it appeared that Jannis was just as enthusiastic about her well being. Interesting that, though not so much as the details contained within her half-brother's journal. "Ohhh Tsuto, you naughty bugger, the ol' demon hand isn't doin' it for you? You wanna upgrade to a succubus, eh?" He snorted, "Sounds like true lust, more 'n love. But no matter."

He got up, placing the journal in his pack, using his staff he kept the man pinned. "Ya squirm too much, sure my mate here'll be more 'n obliged to splatter what little brains you got in that skull, all across the floor, ya? You co-operate and you might just see Nualia again. We can make sure she gets a noose right beside ya. Togetha' forevah, just like ya wanted, ya?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis' attention is eventually drawn by Alexej's piercing comments. He frowns sourly, and helps Ameiko to her feet. After making sure she's ready to move, he pauses aside Tsuto with an uncomfortable expression for the evoker. "Lysander, please make sure Tsuto doesn't try anything stupid. Come on, you."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Barring objections, I vote we dump Tsuto in the jail immediately, with clear instructions to the guards (since we're official acting deputies) that he be kept under several locks and be allowed no visitors. Then we can return the the Rusty Dragon to see to Ameiko and discuss our next step(s).

I'd like to semi-officially claim the bow. It's a very minor upgrade for Jannis (though helping keep him out of melee may be a more significant benefit to the rest of you).

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Tsuto squirms and wriggles somewhat but between crackling lightning from Alexej's fingers and the long blade of Lysander but apart from rambling diatribes threatening them with death and mutation at Lashunta's hands and bemoaning the loss of Nualia. Ameiko on the other hand weeps with relief, disraught about her near death and the horrible way her father was killed. "Thank you so much. By the gods. I cannot believe my half brother would do this, but, you, you saved me..."

Before you leave you search about and make a discovery. Most of the rooms in the underground section are stores of various kinds, but in the section that was bricked off in he smallest of the rooms a seam of rock splits open revealing a narrow crack that opens up into a natural seam, a large tunnel with the tang of the sea and to Alexej's excitement a Thassilonian rune on the wall!

--

With the worries of a goblin tribal war, and a Thassilonian ruin under the town its a strange situation as you reassemble in the Rusty Dragon, the staff whisking Ameiko away to tend to her it leaves the four of you sat in the front room, a massive platter of meat and fresh bread in front of you and drinks strewn across the table. You can watch guards dragging the kickinga nd screaming Tsuto as well...

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Jon does his share of damage to the food, though his thoughts are uncharacteristically far from the meal. "After we rest up, we really need to look into anything else that may be down there. I can scout the tunnel ahead of us as needed."

15. - Top - End - #195

Lysander - HP:33\33 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander drinks (water) and eats (sparingly), a sullen look on his face. When Jon finally speaks, the sellsword grumbles and voices his opinion "We should talk to the Mayor, first. We're talking about another full-scale attack on Sandpoint - and not just goblins, but monsters and a half-demon too!" the last words are just above a whisper, before he gravely shakes his head and goes on "The girl. Nualia. Who is she? Why she wants to destroy Sandpoint? I mean, you two" pointing at Jon and Jannis "should know her, am I right?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis nods slowly, chewing a mouthful of roast pheasant. "This is definitely bigger than us. We should plan on going into those caves, but to do it without warning the mayor could be catastrophic." He takes another bite, demonstrating the ravenous hunger that a night of too much drink and a day of stress and exertion will cause in a young man inexperienced to both.

At mention of Nualia, Jannis scowls irritably. "Yeah, I know... of her, at least. She was the daughter of the old priest- the one who's bones went missing. I guess if this journal is accurate, she took them for part of a spell or something? I never really knew her, she was... well, she was kept in the church a lot." He frowns deeply, saddened by his thoughts. "Come to think of it, I probably saw her more than most, since I had just become an acolyte," he admits.

"Crazy pretty. Like the kind of girl you read people going to war over in those old stories. She didn't even have to try, just... everybody noticed, wherever she went. All the time. I guess it was probably annoying, looking back."

After a few minutes, he comments almost in a daze. "Everybody thought she was some kind of angel. My parents used to think that her touch would cure warts and stuff, but nobody ever saw it happen. She disappeared about 5... no 6 years ago. Kept in her room in the church all the time. Father Tobyn wouldn't let her leave, or talk about her... All of us acolytes knew there was something weird going on, but nobody knew what. Even outside the church, the whole town was talking about it."

Jannis shrugs, a little uneasy. "Not to be rude, but everyone notices when the most beautiful young lady in town suddenly disappears. Not like she was out and about on her own before, but she used to draw a crowd every couple days, then suddenly poof. Gone forever. About six months later, the cathedral caught fire. We all figured she died there, like her dad." Jannis glances at the journal, lying closed on the table between them. "I guess we figured wrong..."

"Crazy that it's come to this. She could have been the queen of Sandpoint, and now she's trying to tear the whole town down? Just totally crazy..."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

The afternoon passes easily as you discuss your options. The history of Nualia as told by Jannis keeps you interested as you consider the risk posed by a hidden cavern with strange arcane ruins under the city. As rumours flow out from the Inn you see Kendra Deverin (he mayor entering, a lone town guard standing by the door to keep an eye on things).

Kendra has been the mayor for a few years after beating her main rival Titus Scarnetti (which was good as he's a criminal!) and she is a kindly and well liked mayor with a fair sense of justice even as she has to juggle the influence of he four "noble" families that carry influence in the town. She approaches the four of you, a slightly stern look on her face. "Good afternoon. How are you all. I have heard troubling rumours, most troubling rumours." Her eyes drift the serving staff and you know with Ameiko's return and the guards capturing Tsuto word will be spreading soon.

She sits down beside you all, a worried look on her face. "I have heard the rumours of both goblin attacks and, even more worrying a cavern with arcane sigils beneath us here?" she pales a little. "You helped us a great deal in the recent attack, and even more so this day in driving these creatures out of the glass works. I ask you, please, when you are rested tomorrow, please could investigate what lies beneath our feet. Bayliss (Hemlock, the sheriff) should be back soon with more warrrirs but people are scared."

She reaches a hand out to grab Lysander's "Please will you help. If you need supplies please tell me or one the guards at the garrison, they have been instructed to help you."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Jon gives the mayor a polite nod as she enters, putting aside his food for the moment. He gives a moment for others to speak.

19. - Top - End - #199

Lysander - HP: 34\34 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Lysander listens intently, but the more Jannis recounts Nualia's story the more Lysander looks puzzled; the sellsword scratches his head "You do not know why she was kept in a cage, but people talk. Surely you must've heard some rumors. I mean, one doesn't go from being the most popular girl in town to being a mass murderer without a reason." then scoffs and waves dismissively a hand "I'm not a priest, but I give my prayers to Calistria - and butchering a whole town because you had a horrible father seems a bit excessive as a revenge. Bet there's something more. Something you people did to her, maybe even without knowing."

Before Lysander could say more, Mayor Deverin makes her entrance and talks to the group. When she takes Lysander's hand, the mercenary seems a bit embarassed; then he answers, a bit gruff "Never had any love for adventurers - they just cause trouble. Seems I'm becoming one, though." a resigned sigh "Fine, fine. I'll help."
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-03-30 at 09:04 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis smiles at Lysander's (relatively) agreeable response. "We were actually just discussing how best to figure out just how bad it is," he offers. "We may have just found Sandpoint's salvation in this little book of Tsuto's." The young man shakes his head awkwardly. "It's still hard to believe it's come to this. As much money as Tsuto would have had, following in his father's footsteps. And whatever happened with Nualia, this is all just crazy."

Turning back to the Mayor, Jannis raises his voice a bit. "If the garrison has any potency crystals we could have, that would be immensely helpful. I think we've begun to get a feel for how each other operate, but if there's actual demons down there..." He lapses into silence, uncomfortable with the possibilities.

Later, when the moment arises, he turns back to Lysander. "About Nualia, she was always kind of an outsider anyway- even if in kind of a good way? And... well, we know she was seeing a boy her father didn't like, but as you said there's still a long way to go to explaining her apparent taste for violence. Maybe we'll find some answers in that cavern," he muses, optimistically.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I agree with the relative value of potency crystals and such. Especially if the mayor or the guards can supply them or help supply them.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 16 | HP: 22 | Class DC: 18
    Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +8 | Perception: +6
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Focus Pool: 1

Alexej was still trying to decipher the rubbing of the rune he'd taken from beneath the glassworks, and pouring over notes, his own research, comparing it to the journal they'd discovered on Tsuto. It was only when his companions began speaking that he looked up at the Mayor, took a sip of his ale, and nodded his agreement. "Not goin' ta lie, there's alot of bloody questions we still need 'ta answer, ya? An' maybe some things that tha' good folk 'o Sandpoint need ta' answer for, like my friend Lysander says." He nodded towards Jannis, "And Jann's got the sense 'o it. We need magic, an' we need answers, if'n'ya got a good scribe, or some old scrolls lyin' about your office, they may help. Anythin' we can use ta' put an end to this threat, it'd be useful. 'til then I'd keep double watch, and not let this slip out to the locals, folks start panicking, and things gonna go from bad to worse, ya?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-04-03 at 06:42 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

The mayor nods and smiles thanking you all. At mention of doubling the guard and the potency crystals she nods her head "My thanks, my sincere thanks. We shall see you are well treated for aiding us. As for the crystals, yes, I konw the garrison has a small stock of such things for unforseen eventualities and we could see fit to share them with you. We could spare 6 i believe without weakening the garrison overmuch."

She smiles, and nods to the barmaid, "Please, they need their rest today, let them have anything to eat and drink today, tomorrow, they need their strength. Bill it to my tab." With a smile and a more confident she walks she bids you good day and heads out.

So she will get you 6 xtals. ANything else or happy to move onto the next morning and return to the caverns.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Jon resumes his meal. "Best we turn in early and get an start first thing. The sooner the matter is concluded the happier I will be."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis nods his agreement, seems about to try and speak around another mouthful of food and decides otherwise. He nods again, chewing animatedly.

"What he said," he finally mutters, after what appears to have been a laborious bite of lamb shank.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 16 | HP: 22 | Class DC: 18
    Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +8 | Perception: +6
    Spell Slots: 1st: 4/4 | Focus Pool: 1

Alexej flipped through the scrolls provided by the mayor, nodding his thank. And like his companions, he devoured the evening's meal, preparing for the day ahead, the very real possibility of his death. "Let's call it a night my friends, tomorrow brings a day of fire, blood, and hopefully, our victory, ya?"

26. - Top - End - #206

---------------

Lysander waits until the Mayor is out of hearing range and says to the others, sour and cynical "Don't like it one bit. I mean, I thought Sandpoint was a boring town and now I discover you people made someone so angry she wants to burn you all and become a demon." he then stands up, nods to Jannis and then points at the door "Well, you promised me talk with that priestess. Let's go."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

(Assuming Jannis agrees), Jannis and Lysnader head up towards the Cathedral, the dark outline of the newly sanctified cathedral perhaps a little more foreboding as you start to unravel the history of the original! Knocking gently on the door one of the young choir boys lets you into the empty cathedral, the shadows cast by the flickering candles long and twisting

You are left beneath the stained glass windows, that glow a luminescent white in the moonlight for a few minutes before Sister ALexis arrives, her blonde hair pulled up in a practical bun, a long blue dress on that has sleeves rolled up to the elbows and arms and the front of the dress covered in flour. She looks at Jannis and Lysander in some confusion, "Are you well? Are you injured? I had heard of the horrors within the glassworks. Are you ok?"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis starts, having forgotten his agreement, but still content to fulfill it. "Right, of course. Uhhh, let me just finish this..." He takes a few more hurried bites, having put away no small amount of fare, and washes it down quickly with a mug of bland but suitable ale. "Right then, let's go. They'll probably let anyone in, night or day, but I don't rightly need to ask," he chuckles.

"Don't ask me," Jannis murmurs. "He called this meeting." He hooks a thumb at Lysander, not rudely, but quite matter-of-factly. "Seems trustworthy enough, and he's already put his life on the line for me a few times since yesterday, so it only seems fair."

29. - Top - End - #209

---------------

"Wouldn't say I'm well, but I'm not injured. Went from guard duty for the Scarnettis to having killed more people in a couple of days than in the three years before - they're just goblins, but still..." Lysander shudders, seemingly not that keen on killing goblins; he doesn't seem to feel guilt or mercy for the goblins, more a distaste for the act. He strokes his unkempt beard, stalling for a bit of time while collecting his thoughts then speaks, cold anger in his voice "Wanted to talk to you because you're both priests. You" pointing at Alexis "healed me yesterday and told me Desna resisted your request. You said like it never happened before. Why would she do that?" sour and sullen now, even though was just the day before it seems the sellsword has spent time mulling over those words "I mean, was because you were trying to heal me? What I ever did to Desna?"
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-04-08 at 10:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

The young sister nods to a pew and helps Lysander to one of them before shaking her head. "I don't know Master Lysander, it was but a momentary thing.." she pauses, seeing the upset expression on Lysnader's face, "Maybe it was me, I am unused to seeing such violence and I was mistaken."

She kneels down beside him and takes his hand. "Maybe if she had doubts on you some good deeds can correct it, I can see you mean well. Just look at what you've been doing of late." She nods to Jannis beside you. "I had heard of the good works you had done, you got rid of those goblins and saved poor Ameiko." She gives his had a gentle squeeze, "Come now Master Lysander, please, take heart, Desna will shelter you and give you sweet dreams, work with Master Jannis here, and I'm sure things will go well."