New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E OOC

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I'm also surprised! Its being able to take multiple attack actions even at the beginning allows more risk of PC's getting clipped

Although thanks to Stack for being such a good sport and helping to guide us through the dying rules
    Yep.
    A PF1 Goblin had a single +2 attack, 1d4 damage. A PF2 Goblin could make three attacks at +8\+4\+0 with 1d6 damage - that's a huge increase in damage output.

And stack, thanks for helping us better understand the dying rules, just don't be too thorough and go all the way with Jon.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

And I messed up the dying rules!

It was a crit that knocked him down, so he started at dying 2. Still made the save, so is now dying 1 and can make another save next round, presuming he doesn't take 3 hits or a hit and a crit before then.
    Last edited by stack; 2020-12-22 at 08:18 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Before I make an IC post, what do I know about Foxglove? Making a Society Check to Recall Knowledge. (1d20+7)[27]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

In 4706, Aldern returned to Magnimar to reclaim his family's fortune and restore their good name. By then a successful merchant in his own right, he purchased a townhouse in the city and began working to build new ties with the aristocracy of the City of Monuments, always with his sights on regaining control of Foxglove Manor. Much of his political rise can be attributed to the assistance Aldern received from the mysterious Brotherhood of the Seven with whom he began to spend more and more time. It was their connections which made Foxglove's acquisition of his family's house a relatively simple task. Renovation of the decrepit building was not so simple, however, and he ended up taking on much of the work himself.

In the early months of 4707, Aldern's luck appeared to change when he took in a band of Varisians who were stranded in a terrible storm. Among them was the most beautiful woman the young noble had ever seen, and completely smitten by her, Aldern proposed to Iesha that very night. The two were married within a week and their life together showed unparalleled promise. Sadly she died within months of their marriage.

In grief Aldern fell into addiction and bankruptcy. When Foxglove's situation seemed most dire he returned to Foxglove Manor directly near Sandpoint for the Swallowtail Festival.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

3-action heal only heals 1d8+1d8 per spell level. The flat +8 bonus only applies to the 2-action heal.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

When you say "per spell level," do you mean per additional spell level?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    When you say "per spell level," do you mean per additional spell level?
    The heighten effect is +1d8, so per additional spell level. I worded that inaccurately.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

I'll admit some disappointment, regardless. It seems.... I don't know, like it should include the bonus to everyone- or at least a bonus. I'd be pissed to spend 3 actions to do 1 HP to everyone.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that would be disappointing. Too bad you can't "take 4". The 2 action version is at least decent single target healing, so useful during combat. I suspect the 3 action is for out of combat patching up or emergency getting people back on their feet.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

It seems like maybe a smaller flat bonus would be appropriate, to me. You know, a flat +2 at least has the potential to guarantee that the total healing done is more useful than a 2-action. [8 to 16] single-target could easily outpace [1 to 8] on any less than four applicable targets or so. Potentially up to 8 people.

Just seems short sighted, which to be fair is pretty par for the course for a lot of Paizo decisions, so I should just try to expect less. XD *shrugs*

11. - Top - End - #41

I'm just half-joking, but what if Paizo made the healing mechanics intentionally sub-par so that players would stop asking that one of them should play the "healer"?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Out of combat healing can be covered by any focus spell that heals and/or treat wounds. Clerics getting extra castings of heal still make them useful combat medics (the 2-action version does respectable healing). Champions could use lay on hands in combat, but you would have focus point issues until high levels.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Its always been a problem that it seems to penalise the cleric. I'd always think out of combat healing should be more effective as it doesn't impact balance and encourages longer adventuring games, which I think are better as they avoid the "go NOva, win and rest" approaches

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, in PF2, if you have time in between encounters, you should be starting each one at full HP. If encounters can't wait for 10 minutes, then it gets dicey.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Any chance that Alexej can spot the red-head who caught his eyes during his initial performance before the raid? If so he'd buy her a drink ... heh ...

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Any chance that Alexej can spot the red-head who caught his eyes during his initial performance before the raid? If so he'd buy her a drink ... heh ...
    Similarly, does Lysander spots Alexis here? He would like to get a word or two with the priestess.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Before I post an update are you going ahead with the "rat plan"?
    - Which I do like, I hadn't seen that spell

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I wanted to give a bit of time for others to comment or object. I will check the IC thread and respond in a little bit.

19. - Top - End - #49

Lysander is certainly fine with Jon going in first. Who would've expected that!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    Lysander is certainly fine with Jon going in first. Who would've expected that!
    *Definitely* not Jannis.

If it's not clear, Jannis is fine with it. Skeptical, but fine with it.

Edit: *sort of unrelated* I recently saw something put into words: the rule of 2. Essentially, it means that any time two or more of the players affirm an action, said action happens. Obviously, it introduces the possibility for dissension (if the first 2 like it, but the next 3 don't?), but it mandates that action continues, which in my experience is the greatest risk to PBP.

This is to say that I fully approve of you rolling with an action as soon as someone "seconds" it. If I don't like it, I need to have been paying more attention (and will understand that the greater good is served by continued action rather than suiting my personal desires).

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    THE RULE OF TWO.

Essentially, it means that any time two or more of the players affirm an action, said action happens. Obviously, it introduces the possibility for dissension (if the first 2 like it, but the next 3 don't?), but it mandates that action continues, which in my experience is the greatest risk to PBP.

This is to say that I fully approve of you rolling with an action as soon as someone "seconds" it. If I don't like it, I need to have been paying more attention (and will understand that the greater good is served by continued action rather than suiting my personal desires).
    Now, I thought that Farmer was revealing himself as Sith and about to betray his Master, but still ... I heartily approve of the above. Anything that keeps momentum going forward is great for PbP. A flawed plan, executed in seconds, is often better than a perfect plan, executed hours later.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

So, are you running in and heading to the back of the room to the two skellies on opposite sides of the 30ft wide room Or are you kicking open the door and forcing the skellies to come to you?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

going in, was my vote, mostly because I wasn't sure if we'd have line of sight from the door XD

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I prefer to let the enemy waste actions getting to us rather than the other way around. I have seen enough high rolls on second and third attacks, rather not be on the receiving end.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I wanted to let them come to us, so I could light them up with Burning Hands, heh. Just the Evoker wanting to flex his arcane might.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not opposed. We can do it that way. I was going to suggest leading in with an archery shot of my own, but as they say the die is cast.

I'll leave my actions unchanged for the first round- using guidance on Lysander and probably missing with my divine lance when they close.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Question, does the tunnel narrow if the skeleton's approach, forcing them to get within 15' of each other so the cone could hit both?

28. - Top - End - #58

About the Readied Actions.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-01-15 at 01:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Question, does the tunnel narrow if the skeleton's approach, forcing them to get within 15' of each other so the cone could hit both?
    Yes they would close on you and approach up the centre of the tomb

Reflex saves (2d20)[5][18](23)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

SO, um. Are our Gnomes both gone? Neither has posted since the week of Christmas.... @DrK: do you know them and want to reach out? If not, do you want to replace them? Obviously, I know people on discord who would probably jump at the chance to join. XD