New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Runelords 2E OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    SO, um. Are our Gnomes both gone? Neither has posted since the week of Christmas.... @DrK: do you know them and want to reach out? If not, do you want to replace them? Obviously, I know people on discord who would probably jump at the chance to join. XD
    Its funny, I was going to ask the rest of you the same question. I have not played with them before so have no real links. As its been ~2 weeks now I was going to assume they've gone and was going to ask if the party would like to continue with 4 or would you like 1-2 more PCs to join the team? If you have anyone in mind who would be good that may also help rather than a general recruitment?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Its funny, I was going to ask the rest of you the same question. I have not played with them before so have no real links. As its been ~2 weeks now I was going to assume they've gone and was going to ask if the party would like to continue with 4 or would you like 1-2 more PCs to join the team? If you have anyone in mind who would be good that may also help rather than a general recruitment?
    Well, IIRC there were lots of people that would've liked to join and submitted a character; you could try to contact one or two of them and ask if they're still interested.
    I am however quite fine in keep going with just four players. Can't talk for the others, but I'm getting good vibes with this group.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    Well, IIRC there were lots of people that would've liked to join and submitted a character; you could try to contact one or two of them and ask if they're still interested.
    I am however quite fine in keep going with just four players. Can't talk for the others, but I'm getting good vibes with this group.
    I would start there, as well- if they're still willing, they've already shown interest, and may be prepared to slot it quickly.

I'm also having fun with the interplay, here. Good character interaction is, in my opinion, the most important part of a game. It gives the DM something entertaining to read, and his motivation is by far the most important ;-)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Easy enough to add a new person in at this point.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

More is better than less, even if I usually use it as a buffer against attrition. However if everyone sticks around its more people to interact with one another.

6. - Top - End - #66

I believe Lysander will delay his actions, he can't charge and readying an action will net him just a single attack instead of three; he'll wait until at least one of the skeletons will be in range.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2021-01-24 at 07:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Burning hands Ref saves (3d20)[7][9][15](31)

8. - Top - End - #68

Seems two damage rolls didn't show up in the IC thread, I will roll them here.

(1d4+4)[6]
    (1d4+4)[7]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Wish I could swap rolls 1 and 3 on my attacks.

Skeleton crit, so double damage to 8.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post

Ouch. How many HPs Jon still has?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Ouch. How many HPs Jon still has?
    11 I think. Starting HP get a little padding this edition, so level 1 play is less terrible. Jon seems to be a crit magnet.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Formatting error on my Produce Flames against the Skeleton so rolling here to link in the IC thread. (1d20+8)[18]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post

Ouch, that is painful. As you say, good to have a few more hitpoints in 2E! Seem to be needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Formatting error on my Produce Flames against the Skeleton so rolling here to link in the IC thread. [roll0]
    Ah, that is what you need.

Its odd, the enemies have many attacks but very few hitpoints as scripted so have a glass cannon feel to them. Until I get more of a hang onto 2E I'm loathe to change the monsters too much though.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Hey @DrK, just want to say thanks for running this! Having a blast, combat seems fun, character interactions are great, and the fact that there's now a whodunnit?!? AWESOME!

A follow up thought, and this might be where you ask me to make a Lore (Poop) check and we all laugh about it. But I feel as if goblins are pretty indiscriminate about what they eat, can we tell if the poop is goblin in nature due to, rat bones or anything. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-01-28 at 04:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Its odd, the enemies have many attacks but very few hitpoints as scripted so have a glass cannon feel to them. Until I get more of a hang onto 2E I'm loathe to change the monsters too much though.
    I took a quick look at the PF2 bestiary and seems the HPs of the enemies have remained mostly the same, with just some minor variations. Which is good, IMHO - they hit like a truck, especially the goblins.

16. - Top - End - #76

@Farmerbink

If Jannis spills everything to everyone, I have no problems with that. I mean, Lysander believe that lying when it's convenient is good and proper - but Lysander is also a terrible person, so hardly a role model.
    So play however you want, I certainly won't get mad at you for playing your character.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

I want to 2nd Bunnycommando's sentiment ... I really enjoy the RP, interactions and characters we have in this crew. And while Alexej may not like it, I, as a player, fully support playing your character as he exists in your mind.

So even if, as characters, we disagree with one another, I totally want to see Jon do what he feels is right, and then see where the chips fall.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I took a quick look at the PF2 bestiary and seems the HPs of the enemies have remained mostly the same, with just some minor variations. Which is good, IMHO - they hit like a truck, especially the goblins.
    Yes, I thought that. I think with the proficiency system they are all the equivalent of full BAB fighters

@Farmerbink

If Jannis spills everything to everyone, I have no problems with that. I mean, Lysander believe that lying when it's convenient is good and proper - but Lysander is also a terrible person, so hardly a role model.
    So play however you want, I certainly won't get mad at you for playing your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    I want to 2nd Bunnycommando's sentiment ... I really enjoy the RP, interactions and characters we have in this crew. And while Alexej may not like it, I, as a player, fully support playing your character as he exists in your mind.

So even if, as characters, we disagree with one another, I totally want to see Jon do what he feels is right, and then see where the chips fall.
    Glad you guys are enjoying the game. I'm enjoying the interactions. I think Lysander is a great example of how to play an evil alignment in a good party

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Just for clarification, is this guy offering to come with us free of charge after working hours? I would gladly take him up on that.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Just for clarification, is this guy offering to come with us free of charge after working hours? I would gladly take him up on that.
    Yes, if you wait ~4 hours till he clocks off he'll come for free

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trying to pay him from the Sheriff's pocket, lol, and convince him to do it for the good of the town. After all, as a carpenter it could have been his workshop that burnt to the ground with the goblin attack.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Jannis is perfectly content to wait until after business hours.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Longer we wait, colder the trail.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

That is my feeling exactly, and why I am trying to pay him with coin that isn't technically mine. Heh.

25. - Top - End - #85

Agree, we should move fast.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Take 20 isn't a thing in 2e. Taking 10 requires a feat, assurance, and has some other provisos. Taking 20 would be an issue with critical failures and such.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, critical failures were a thing before, also. Taking 20 is just less explicitly lined out in 2e, as any activity with no practical penalty for failure just lets you keep retrying it until you succeed.

In some cases, I feel like this is a major flaw in the way skill checks work. For example: an athletics check to pick up a heavy object. If you're actively in combat or something, great- timing is important. In any other context, are you strong enough to do it? Then do it. The inclusion of die rolls is just clutter, IMO.

Anyway, my 2c. Feel free to disregard. I struggle to not comment on everything, sometimes. XD

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

That's fair, I ended up rolling well, so hopefully that should get us in. I'll remember taking 20 isn't a thing in future.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

If there are no failure and no time penalties, than I don't think there should be a roll.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies for the delay. Its been a busy week at work. Post incoming